Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,
  • Take discussions of individual housewives to their threads.
  • Watch your tone.
  • This is not the let's complain about who "ruined the show" thread.  Let's stick to media discussions. 
  • Start Topic

17 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Why would someone as smart as her want to do this shit show?

My guess is the  possibility of drawing more eyes to other forms of media presence. More eyes equals greater monetization. Upper tier influencers can earn outrageous sums of money. Plus each platform has its own perks. Besides, I think most people who make a concerted effort to remain in the public eye thrive upon attention.  

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, ichbin said:

My guess is the  possibility of drawing more eyes to other forms of media presence.

I think that this kind of show is a bit risky to one's reputation.  Maybe this will be the end of the naked and drunken episodes we've been seeing.  Maybe she can usher in some class in this group!  Fingers crossed!   I'm hoping that at the very least Leah will quit reminding us that she has a vagina.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

What I love about the current cast - even Dorinda when she's NOT lashing out - is that they have fun together.

If Eboni and Leah start provoking fights a la Beveryly Hills, Atlanta, & now Potomac, I'm OUT.

I'm so over all that crap.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Jextella said:

What I love about the current cast - even Dorinda when she's NOT lashing out - is that they have fun together.

If Eboni and Leah start provoking fights a la Beveryly Hills, Atlanta, & now Potomac, I'm OUT.

Ditto.  This show and the OC are the only two I watch now.  Some of the shows have grown stale with me. 

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 5
On 10/9/2020 at 11:39 AM, ichbin said:

I could be wrong, of course, but my take on this is that Ramona's biggest sin is that she is a woman in her 60's. 

In Ramona’s words, “ohh, I don’t think so.” I think it’s simply her attitude and personality that rubs them the wrong way, and has since the beginning. The tiffs with Jill, with Bethenny. She and Luann have been frenemies from the start. Heather not inviting her to London. She’s not self-deprecating and lacks sincerity. That gets tiring. 

• Love 10
On 10/9/2020 at 5:04 PM, ChitChat said:

I think that this kind of show is a bit risky to one's reputation.  Maybe this will be the end of the naked and drunken episodes we've been seeing.  Maybe she can usher in some class in this group!  Fingers crossed!   I'm hoping that at the very least Leah will quit reminding us that she has a vagina.  

One can only hope! I got very tired of Sonja's drunken behavior this past season.

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Is anyone surprised?

She'll be fine. She'll always have Dorinda.

It cracks me up when these idiots wax about their love on Instagram and then break up months later.

• Love 15

The lack of social media humblebragging about this soul nourishing relationship of late was sort of a red flag wasn't it?

He must have decided that ocular acupuncture was preferable to sharing space with B.  She is the Taylor Swift of cougardom.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
On 10/9/2020 at 4:17 PM, ChitChat said:

She was always good when she appeared on the Fox News programs.  Why would someone as smart as her want to do this shit show?  This seems beneath her.  I'm puzzled.   I wish only the best for her, but this entire franchise rarely does anybody any favors.  Good luck though!  

On 10/9/2020 at 1:10 AM, Jextella said:

I'm secretly hoping Eboni takes Leah down a few notches - friends or not. 🙂

I'm usually wrong about this kind of thing though, and I see them going after Ramona more than anything.

Either way, I feel this might be Ramona's last season. They'll jazz up the cast enough not to have to rely on her much more and she doesn't have a whole lot going on in her life these days so her departure would seem a natural progression.

I have a feeling this will be the last shot for Ramona and Sonja.  Their act is over.

• Love 6
On 10/9/2020 at 4:17 PM, ChitChat said:

She was always good when she appeared on the Fox News programs.  Why would someone as smart as her want to do this shit show?  This seems beneath her.  I'm puzzled.   I wish only the best for her, but this entire franchise rarely does anybody any favors.  Good luck though!  

Being on Fox News and an accomplished Lawyer, there has to be more if Bravo picked her out of thousands for this show.  Anyone who comes on has to cause drama.  That’s what they want.  Smarts and looks aren’t enough that bring in viewers.  They want someone who will do practically anything they want.  Take Leah.  She said practically nothing, but she was crazy at Ramona’s house when she tore up the place.  She’s a complete nut job and they love it.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Thanks for that.  And I thought I had a new flash when posting on Frankel thread, lol.  I didn’t even know about this thread, duh !  Wonder who came to their senses?  I have to read the story.  Another one down the drain.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Anyone who comes on has to cause drama.

If Eboni turns into Leah 2.0, then I'm out!!

Wonder who came to their senses?  I have to read the story.  Another one down the drain.

I always think back to that psychic that told Bethenny that she'd never remarry.  I can't remember her reaction to it at that time.  She might be right.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I always think back to that psychic that told Bethenny that she'd never remarry.  I can't remember her reaction to it at that time.  She might be right.  

Very likely if she never gets divorced. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 22
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Very likely if she never gets divorced. 

It's hard to believe that it's still not finalized.  I didn't realize that until Bethenny mentioned it a few weeks ago.   What a mess!!

• Love 7
On 10/12/2020 at 9:34 PM, ChitChat said:

It's hard to believe that it's still not finalized.  I didn't realize that until Bethenny mentioned it a few weeks ago.   What a mess!!

How does a divorce take this long.  The only way is the person doesn't want to pay out.  Imagine if it was a man with the money dragging out a divorce b/c he didn't want to pay the mother of his children?

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
26 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

How does a divorce take this long.  The only way is the person doesn't want to pay out.  Imagine if it was a man with the money dragging out a divorce b/c he didn't want to pay the mother of his children?

When it first came out the lawyers stated it was just waiting for the judge to issue the official decree and just fell through a procedural crack. 

eta: that doesn’t explain why it still is not finalized all this time later (I legit can’t remember who people thought she might have married when she made the remark about being married before clarifying). 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, biakbiak said:

When it first came out the lawyers stated it was just waiting for the judge to issue the official decree and just fell through a procedural crack. 

eta: that doesn’t explain why it still is not finalized all this time later (I legit can’t remember who people thought she might have married when she made the remark about being married before clarifying). 

I think Andy asked Frankel on WWHL if she and Paul might be getting married anytime. She told him that she was still married to Jason Hoppy. 

But let’s not forget, last year*, she was wearing an engagement ring that Dennis had given her.

*my bad; this should’ve been “two years ago”

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think Andy asked Frankel on WWHL if she and Paul might be getting married anytime. She told him that she was still married to Jason Hoppy. 

But let’s not forget, last year, she was wearing an engagement ring that Dennis had given her.

She was telling everyone that she was wearing Dennis’s “engagement ring” in the Hamptons episodes which were filmed in August, 2018 and she was already dating Paul at the time. At the time it aired everyone thought it was weird because Dennis hadn’t even filed for divorce at the time. So it’s been two plus years. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
On 10/14/2020 at 10:25 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

But let’s not forget, last year*, she was wearing an engagement ring that Dennis had given her.

*my bad; this should’ve been “two years ago”

....don't blame yourself, HooDooz.

Bethenny was engaged to a dead man, after all, and time passes on The Other Side very differently  ; )

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 15
5 hours ago, film noire said:

....don't blame yourself, HooDooz.

Bethenny was engaged to a dead man, after all, and time passes on The Other Side very differently  ; )

I wonder if Dennis will hang around long enough to come back for Bethenny at the end like the Captain came back for Gene Tierney in The Ghost and Mrs. Muir?

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
On 10/11/2020 at 7:21 PM, SweetieDarling said:

I enjoy watching Ramona. Sure, she says some amazingly mean things, and sometimes has absolutely no sense of self-awareness, but I find that's what's part of what makes her relatable. She's blatantly not perfect. She, usually, means well, and I must admit, this season she really seemed to be making an effort to be a better person. She's still her clueless self, but, at least she's trying.

Plus, no one else brings the amusement of her lack of coordination and her mixed up idioms and adages. I find her entertaining, and I am enjoying watching her live well to spite that rat bastard Mario.

I won't watch minus Ramona.

• Love 8
On 11/8/2020 at 8:23 AM, OdinO. said:

I won't watch minus Ramona.

Ramona is probably the only reason I watch RHONY.  I feel Ramona and Luann serve as really good anchors to the show because they are on opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of on-screen behavior. They balance each other out while all the rest are just filler.

I don't think I'd watch without Ramona - and possibly not without Ramona and Luann together. That would be TBD, though.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 12

Previews for the new season are looking like fun.

I am looking forward to Eboni being on the show for a few reasons. Of course it's great to have a woman of color on the show, but I think she is special because she's an attorney and media-savvy.

I feel she has the smarts and dynamic tv presence to drive this thing in a whole new direction....This could be a real departure for RHONY and the franchise in general .... which I would love.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4
On 10/9/2020 at 1:15 AM, itsadryheat said:

How do you see Ramona dealing with that? For some reason, if ganged up on, I see her prevailing. She has such an odd combination of goofy, aloof, spazz and entitled.

Of all the stuff written about Ramona here, this is the BEST summary of her. 

One more thought on her: she's got to be concerned that her days on RHof NY are numbered. Consider that the old timer original Housewives are going going.....Bethenny, Ne Ne, Vicki, Lisa VP.....

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I feel sad posting this.  I hope she is ok.  All the responses on Twitter are like "You look fabulous!" but damn, it really scared me seeing this.

EnnBrnXXcAQf4YB.jpeg

Looks like a skeleton put on a Bethenny costume - yikes!!

• Love 9

I strongly suspect that Bethenny must be regretting her decision to leave RHONY. Since then, due to Covid, her HBO max show has been put on hold. It was likely costing alot of money to get her hair and makeup and camera people for those BigShotWithB shots. She surely was counting on that show to remain in the spotlight where she quenches her endless thirst. 

The relationship with Paul has ended for whatever reasons. (We can all speculate about that) 

She is losing followers on social media every day and this must have resulted in loss of revenue from her SkinnyGirl brand. She has been reduced to producing a podcast that doesn't even run every week and isn't showing up on any charts. She is trying so hard to be polarizing for attention on twitter, but people have just about had it with her outrageous statements so that has backfired on her.

Her appearances on other podcasts where she is name dropping, bragging and just being irritating are certainly not helping.

Covid has affected many people resulting in so much sadness and loss and at the very least, disappointment. If she would just admit to being just as vulnerable as the rest of us regular folk she may have a chance to redeem herself, and yet she continues to pose in her fabulous clothes and brag about her famous connections and post her inane instagram stories about chewing and bags of chips and salad dressing. 

Weeks ago she dropped a big tease about Andy Cohen as guest on her podcast, but since then not a word about it and it hasn't been aired since he was on Danny Pellegrino and Heather Thompson's podcasts. 

There is definitely something not quite right going on with Beth lately. Welcome to the real world SkinnyGirl. Enjoy your HSN appearances. 

Has she burned her RHONY bridge after she has let it be known that she is above all of that? Will be interesting to see.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

I agree it's a troubling image,  @Ms Blue Jay,  but as someone who battled an eating disorder,  I've become very cynical about Frankel's motives. She posted that same photo to Facebook/Twitter/ Instagram, so ten to one she's hoping to incite enough "eat some turkey" comments to create a sound-bitey podcast (more likely a self-righteous body-shaming rant that erases her own participation in a skinny-is-all beauty myth that kills a woman every fifty-two minutes due to disordered eating.) I wish the Frankel who admitted she once had eating issues had chosen to pursue that complicated & necessary discussion instead of posting these kinds of photos to social media every couple of years. She could have such positive impact doing that in an honest, open manner.

Mention it all, Bethenny; for once, truly mention it all.

frankel 2014.jpg

2016.jpg

2018.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 20
21 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I feel sad posting this.  I hope she is ok.  All the responses on Twitter are like "You look fabulous!" but damn, it really scared me seeing this.

EnnBrnXXcAQf4YB.jpeg

“Hello, I’m Bethenny (Frankel) Cash.”

Seriously all these dark outfits. She looks like she’s going to a funeral (maybe she is).

ETA: But to your point Blue, she is in fact alarmingly thin in this photo. I'm assuming it's post-breakup loss of appetite, which is unfortunate. You know they're in a situation when the elbow is the widest part of the arm.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

.....nothing says "private & precious moment with my daughter" like posting that moment to Twitter!

frankel.jpg

frankel 2.jpg

frankel 3.jpg

As several people tweeted to Frankel:  Who took the photo of this supposedly private moment?

It's not a selfie, so it wasn't spontaneous and in the moment; these aren't on-the-fly photos she took herself and just had to share with the world. These photos had to be staged, and then posted to social media. 

And why these photos? Never mind famous parents, professionals warn all parents (known or unknown) to be careful about posting public images of their children on line - why does Bethenny feel the need to slap what should be a private moment onto her Twitter feed with the caption "Love is in the air..and in the bed". 

If she's still taunting Jason (re: his custody demand that Bryn be kept off social media) she's weaponizing her own daughter to do it.

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, film noire said:

If she's still taunting Jason (re: his custody demand that Bryn be kept off social media)

Clearly that moratorium has been lifted?  I'll say again how absolutely delighted I am that Bryn bears no resemblence to her mother, and is an uncanny doppelganger of her father.

• LOL 9
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, film noire said:

why does Bethenny feel the need to slap what should be a private moment onto her Twitter feed with the caption "Love is in the air..and in the bed". 

Because she is losing and trying to regain Instagram and Twitter followers. They are decreasing daily. Her podcast is tanking and her TV show with the fuckhead Mark Burnett is on hold. She is desperate for attention.

She is not in the spotlight anymore because she is no longer a celebrity due to Bravo calling her "I am worth more, so pay me this" bluff. Backfired. She thought that she was more of a celeb than  her RHONY status. Turns out no one is interested in her other than as a "housewife". 

It feels strange posting this in the media thread, as Bethenny is no longer really media worthy.  If we check the media she in not mentioned at all. She is just a former housewife like Vicky G or Tamra from OC.

• Useful 4
  • Love 15
On 11/25/2020 at 12:35 AM, Happy Camper said:

I strongly suspect that Bethenny must be regretting her decision to leave RHONY. Since then, due to Covid, her HBO max show has been put on hold. It was likely costing alot of money to get her hair and makeup and camera people for those BigShotWithB shots. She surely was counting on that show to remain in the spotlight where she quenches her endless thirst. 

The relationship with Paul has ended for whatever reasons. (We can all speculate about that) 

She is losing followers on social media every day and this must have resulted in loss of revenue from her SkinnyGirl brand. She has been reduced to producing a podcast that doesn't even run every week and isn't showing up on any charts. She is trying so hard to be polarizing for attention on twitter, but people have just about had it with her outrageous statements so that has backfired on her.

Her appearances on other podcasts where she is name dropping, bragging and just being irritating are certainly not helping.

Covid has affected many people resulting in so much sadness and loss and at the very least, disappointment. If she would just admit to being just as vulnerable as the rest of us regular folk she may have a chance to redeem herself, and yet she continues to pose in her fabulous clothes and brag about her famous connections and post her inane instagram stories about chewing and bags of chips and salad dressing. 

Weeks ago she dropped a big tease about Andy Cohen as guest on her podcast, but since then not a word about it and it hasn't been aired since he was on Danny Pellegrino and Heather Thompson's podcasts. 

There is definitely something not quite right going on with Beth lately. Welcome to the real world SkinnyGirl. Enjoy your HSN appearances. 

Has she burned her RHONY bridge after she has let it be known that she is above all of that? Will be interesting to see.

How old is Bethenny?  50?  She’s probably starting menopause, and we all know what a bitch that is. At least some of us .. not all.  She’s probably slowing down?  Kind of hard to imagine, but could be.  She looks horrible.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

She is not in the spotlight anymore because she is no longer a celebrity due to Bravo calling her "I am worth more, so pay me this" bluff. Backfired. She thought that she was more of a celeb than  her RHONY status. Turns out no one is interested in her other than as a "housewife". 

It never fails to baffle me how the Real Housewives who get so popular like Bethenny, NeNe and LVP, always become so convinced that their own fame will somehow transcend the reality show that made them such stars. Wonder if Ericka Jane is starting to see the writing on the wall too, or is she destined to be another Brandi Glanville? Is Bethenny doomed to the same fate of desperately begging to get her once secure spot on the show back a’la OC’s Vicki/Tamara?? Is she suddenly going to be relegated to schilling vibrator necklaces on Instagram like her old frienemy Carole Radziwill if things really go financially South for her???

Like I said here earlier, I’m wondering if Bethenny totally misfired with torching the Bravo bridge the way she and NeNe both have. Even LVP is starting to backtrack a bit now that she knows “Vanderpump Rules” isn’t a sure thing anymore(see her recent interview bites about being “open” to a reconciliation with Kyle) and her restaurants hurting thanks to the pandemic’s effects.

The old tip of never biting the hand that feeds you nor the machine that created you really seems to be lost on these broads.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

It never fails to baffle me how the Real Housewives who get so popular like Bethenny, NeNe and LVP, always become so convinced that their own fame will somehow transcend the reality show that made them such stars. Wonder if Ericka Jane is starting to see the writing on the wall too, or is she destined to be another Brandi Glanville? Is Bethenny doomed to the same fate of desperately begging to get her once secure spot on the show back a’la OC’s Vicki/Tamara?? Is she suddenly going to be relegated to schilling vibrator necklaces on Instagram like her old frienemy Carole Radziwill if things really go financially South for her???

Like I said here earlier, I’m wondering if Bethenny totally misfired with torching the Bravo bridge the way she and NeNe both have. Even LVP is starting to backtrack a bit now that she knows “Vanderpump Rules” isn’t a sure thing anymore(see her recent interview bites about being “open” to a reconciliation with Kyle) and her restaurants hurting thanks to the pandemic’s effects.

The old tip of never biting the hand that feeds you nor the machine that created you really seems to be lost on these broads.

So true.  BTW, I’m still trying to figure out the vibrator necklace thingy.  How, where, when ?????? Lol.  Carole Raz still hasn’t calmed down I see.

• Love 4

Could it be that Beth lost so much weight because Paul dumped her?  He didn’t appear the type that w outdoor go with someone like her.  He seemed polished and sophisticated.   They bought a condo together, then split up?  Seems weird.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Could it be that Beth lost so much weight because Paul dumped her?  He didn’t appear the type that w outdoor go with someone like her.  He seemed polished and sophisticated.   They bought a condo together, then split up?  Seems weird.

Two things.  First, I'm having a difficult time imagining BF so affected by a break-up that she would starve herself more than she does on a normal basis, and secondly, I'm not sure when that ^photo was staged taken, but it hasn't been sleeveless dress with strappy shoes weather in the east for a while now, so it may not be a post-Paul pic.  Or maybe it is.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Two things.  First, I'm having a difficult time imagining BF so affected by a break-up that she would starve herself more than she does on a normal basis, and secondly, I'm not sure when that ^photo was staged taken, but it hasn't been sleeveless dress with strappy shoes weather in the east for a while now, so it may not be a post-Paul pic.  Or maybe it is.  

Yes .. excellent deduction, Mrs. Colombo.  LMAO.

• LOL 4