Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E10: Week 10

ByTor
  • Start Topic

I never understood the term “ vocal fry “ that I hear all the time , but Rachael has made me understand it . Her voice has a raspy vibration to it and it’s all I can focus on . 

• Love 3

The edit on this episode was gross. We spent two fricking hours on Rachael’s feelings. Other than Matt’s conversation with his father this whole episode was from Rachael’s perspective. Barf. 

• Love 7

Matt's father is a jerk, and like many other fathers of people who have achieved some level of fame, he shows up now but never when he was needed. He was also very defensive and didn't want to admit that he was a failure as a father. I do believe Matt wants to be a very different kind of man. Of course this was not a conversation meant for TV, but without the show I'm sure his father wouldn't have bothered at all. 

It's very noticeable that Rachel is the only one that he responds to with "I'm falling in love with you, too." Even without knowing what we know now, Michelle seems the best suited to him, but I think Rachel is the one he most wants. 

I LOVE spa treatments, but that Pennsylvania spa stuff was disgusting. Rachel's date was the only one I would have enjoyed. 

• Love 15
(edited)

To me, Michelle seems like the obvious choice, but it also seems like it's definitely going to be Racheal. And I honestly just don't really get it. Michelle seems interesting, fun, has her shit together; with Racheal it just seems like there's nothing really there. She's pretty, but there's just nothing really to her. I can't even remember what she does for a living, or an even vaguely substantive conversation she and Matt have had. But the edit she's getting, the fact that he's actually returned her "I'm falling in love with you"s, all of the time spent on her feelings and seeking reassurance all make it really look like he's choosing her (if anyone, which I'm still not totally convinced of).

The conversation with his dad was weirdly wrapped up super quickly (gotta make sure we have enough screentime left to show Matt and Bri uselessly pitching a tent in the woods, so cut that heart-to-heart you've been waiting a lifetime for short, Matt!) but it was an interesting scene in that it felt like the most emotion and personality we've seen from Matt in the entire season.

The height difference between Matt and Bri made for a really weird view as they set off on their hike. Not since Matt's cooking date with Kit has a couple looked more like parent and child.

Edited by atlanticslide
  • Love 10

Watching on a delay. Michelle enters the fantasy suite, " oh wow, it's beautiful ". 

All I saw was gaudy, ornately carved furniture, with a lot of satin and velvet pillows.  It just seemed tacky.  Bri's log cabin fantasy suite was much more romantic.  Though it was weird that it seemed they woke up to a camera crew in their  bedroom.  Of course, Rachael's fantasy suite was more elegant, AND had fireworks outside the window.

The start of Rachael's date, her knees were popping out of her pants, her belly was popping out of her shirt, like a girl incredible hulk. 

Was this episode about 5 hours long? I kept fast forwarding through boring parts, but it still took forever. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

I never understood the term “ vocal fry “ that I hear all the time , but Rachael has made me understand it . Her voice has a raspy vibration to it and it’s all I can focus on . 

I agree. I first heard of "vocal fry" a few years ago. I think the Kardashians made it popular. I think all the girls on the show use/have vocal fry. Also, have you heard of "up talk"?  It's when the person's voice has a little "up swing" in their voice at the end of their sentence.  YouTube it. They have examples.

• Love 2

Those were the least exciting "fantasy" date concepts in Bachelor history. And Matt's presence made them even less exciting.

When he was heating up butter in the morning after Bri's date, did anyone else think it was a leftover from Michelle's date? I'll never think about butter in the same way again.

1 hour ago, atlanticslide said:

To me, Michelle seems like the obvious choice, but it also seems like it's definitely going to be Racheal. And I honestly just don't really get it. Michelle seems interesting, fun, has her shit together; with Racheal it just seems like there's nothing really there. She's pretty, but there's just nothing really to her.

There's nothing really to Matt, either - he can't even make decent s'mores - so he and Rachael are perfect for each other. Michelle is too smart and lively for him.

Airing Matt's sit-down with his father was not right.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Quickbeam said:

I love how female-friendly Michelle is. It’s a warmth that radiates from her. 

I hate to gush and fan girl out but Michelle is the whole package.  She's beautiful. kind, intellectual, has a stable, service-oriented career, great role models in her parents--I would love her to be the next bachelorette, but only if she thinks it is the thing to do.   

• Love 19

The fantasy dates are always sleazy to me.  I’m no prude but how can you sleep with a guy who you know is most likely sleeping with 2 others woman the same week and might propose to one of them?  Then again who knows if any of it is real or mostly scripted.  That’s why I can’t get mad at Matt for his actions with Bri.  If it’s real, it was her choice to get with him and Matt has to do what the producers tell him to do.  If it’s all scripted it’s then it’s doesn’t matter.  To me it all seems scripted because each date is similar. They all sit down with food and drinks but nothing is eaten.  They profess their love to someone they barely know and go back to the suite and close the door.  He has only professed he is falling in love with Rachel but he could have to Michelle as well but not shown.  
I only know 2 people that watch the Bachelor and I can’t discuss it will then because they think it’s completely real.  If I say I feel something is scripted or fake to create drama they stare at me like I’m crazy.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, Lacy4u said:

He knew before the fantasy suites that he was going to kick Bri to the curb. He should've let her go before being intimate with her because like someone else said, she was the one he was going to eliminate prior to Serena self-eliminating herself. Kinda reminds me of how Chris did Paige on MAFS...of course not AS bad as that but Matt didnt have to wait to get the cookie first. Typical man just has to sample the goodies before making a decision on whether or not to let a woman go. Also, Rachel is the only female he consistently tells that he's falling in love with her, so there's that, as far as, who he favors more between the final two females. 

I know this show is sleazy and this happens every time, but there are cases like this I really wish the lead would do the right thing.  It was clear Bri was really into him and thought she had a chance, and he knew the whole time she would be going--we all know he did.  There was no need other than his need to sample the goodies as you say, to sleep with her.  And even Michelle, even though she is a close 2nd to Rachel, isn't getting nearly the love vibes he gives Rachel, so yet another one he had to use along the way.  

• Love 9

Im so tired of "this is my person" . these new phrases "what the looks like" and "showing up for me" sheesh. and now Rachel says Matt shouldnt have had his dad on the show because it shows a dangerous sterotype. I actually loved that conversation and looked at it very hopefully. also, I found what was strange about the last 3 is only Rachel was really really jelous of Matt obviously sleeping with these other women, and without acknowledging current events, my heart really broke for her in that moments. 

7 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Those were the least exciting "fantasy" date concepts in Bachelor history. And Matt's presence made them even less exciting.

When he was heating up butter in the morning after Bri's date, did anyone else think it was a leftover from Michelle's date? I'll never think about butter in the same way again.

There's nothing really to Matt, either - he can't even make decent s'mores - so he and Rachael are perfect for each other. Michelle is too smart and lively for him.

Airing Matt's sit-down with his father was not right.

i thought the sit down was great, really gave me hope for their relationship.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Thumper said:

How awkward to go back to see the other women.  Why does the show do this?

that started in peters season and I think its awful!!!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
12 hours ago, Thumper said:

Not a very attractive look on Rachael for meeting Matt.  The show seems to be focusing a lot on her feelings. Hmmmmm 😂

I know, I did not know realize that shirts with cutouts in them are a thing again.  It reminded me of "Flashdance." 

I thought Rachel's face looked really puffy, and she seemed out of it.  I wonder whether she was on some kind of meds after the skydiving accident, or is she always like that? 

Also, if I were Rachel, I'd be pissed that Matt keeps bringing up the skydiving incident.  The look on her face said that she's not interested in reliving it.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 4

I agree with Rachel not looking her best. In addition to her outfit, she looked sullen and swollen. If that’s what love looks like, please spare me! I’ve been trying to detect a personality, but compared to Michelle, Rachel is sorely lacking. I know race is not a popular topic right now, but it seems Matt prefers white girls... sans personality. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, chocolatine said:

True. Part of me is rooting for Michelle to "win" because I like her and she really seems like the best choice, but the bigger part of me thinks that she deserves much, much better and if/when he doesn't pick her, she'll be better off for it. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, eyelash said:

My current pet peeve is the way these young whippersnappers say "you're making me feel some kinda way."  Really?  What way would that be?  Homicidal?  Disgusted? In love?

IT's making them "Feel ALL the feels", don't you know?" 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Rainsong said:

CH walks in having stolen one of Bea Arthur’s cardigans from the ‘Maude’ display at the Hollywood Museum of Television.

And ... this sets the stage for the best recap of this season yet, courtesy of rainsong. (I request @Rainsong also continue with recaps of the commercials.) This episode was the absolute worst, but I admit you made it actually fun the morning after, via your post. High point of my Tuesday.

Although each episode emphasizes that Matt is the most dreck Bachelor in history, proving there are boring, vacuous doofs in all races.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

I agree that this is Rainsongs best review ever! Very entertaining! I learned a new word too! "Defenestrates". To throw someone or something out a window. Thank you for the vocabulary lesson!

I love that he added the part about the commercial for Trulicity. Every time I see/hear that commercial I think the same thing. How the heck would you know if you're allergic to it unless you've taken it and had a bad reaction! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

First of all, I have to ask: What was up with Rachael's dress? Perhaps those of you more well versed in current fashion trends can explain it to me, but from my untrained eye it looked like this:

Producers want all three women to wear black long gowns. I do not believe that it was the women who suddenly decided that looking alike was a good thing when they are trying to stand out and get chosen by Matt. Anyway, the other two women had on lovely gowns. Rachael? It looked to me like she was given a black gown to wear that did not fit her and close at the back so she was forced to wear a wine colored gown under it to avoid a way too low back opening. The effect was when you viewed from the side that the back kinda fell away from her body  and from the back it looked like she had on a backless dress with a wine colored dress underneath, or at least a large wine colored undergarment that zipped in the back. It was strange. They avoided back camera angles on Rachael but a couple times you could see it and it was weird.  If that is an actual gown then please enlighten me, because it just looked like a mistake to me.

Second, Rachael looks to me like a sullen child.  The other women seemed like grown women who had an overall good attitude even when things didn't go their way. Rachael just seems like someone who will pout and sulk and demand attention when things don't fit her perception about how they need to be, i.e. Matt was with the other women and she spent days doing the pouty child routine about it, even spilling over onto her actual date.  If I was Matt I wouldn't want to look into my future and see that sulky face staring back at me whenever Rachael feels things aren't going the way she wants them to. Some people get happiness from within and some can only find happiness from outside themselves. Michelle and Bri seem like the first and Rachael seems like the second. 

Those were horrible dates.  Smearing each other in butter, milk, and oatmeal? I'm out. Showing up for a date and being handed a heavy backpack and told we are hiking to a campsite when you are not  outdoorsy at all? Nope.  The pottery date was okay but not great, certainly better than the first two. I realize they are limited by Nemacolin as to what they can do but that had to be a let down for all three women. 

• Love 13
19 hours ago, GracieK said:

And omg they are smearing butter all over each other - he was kidding. I’m dead 😂😂😂

I had guessed it would be a day of pitching hay folllowed by a bath in corn relish.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Katie111 said:

She is pouring her heart out to him and crying and he just randomly says “I’ll walk you to the car”.  He couldn’t get rid of her quick enough after he had her in bed.  I thought he was an okay guy before but now I don’t.  What a jerk. 

18 hours ago, saber5055 said:

At least it wasn't film of a horn-blowing train going through a tunnel like they showed as Sean and Catherine's honeymoon room lights went out.

All I could think was, she figured she was the worst lay of the three. Kinda a Nick V. reaction.

Do we know for sure that they did it? (This is my first Bachelor season). Or was all of that talk about going to the next level, getting closer than ever, and opening myself completely just what it sounds like? "We was f***in!"  

And was that always the case? I know Rachel Lindsay didn't. She said she fell asleep in her and Nick's fantasy suite. That's what she said, anyway. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, rr2911 said:

I agree. I first heard of "vocal fry" a few years ago. I think the Kardashians made it popular. I think all the girls on the show use/have vocal fry. Also, have you heard of "up talk"?  It's when the person's voice has a little "up swing" in their voice at the end of their sentence.  YouTube it. They have examples.

Up talk usually starts pre-teen and ends post-teen.  Are you saying that adult women are using up talk?

At first, I thought Matt James was going to have a more interesting season, in terms of location and dates, than Tayshia.  In some ways, that's true.  The hotel and area is gorgeous.  But in other ways, the dates for Tayshia's season were better.  And there, I actually felt like she connected to a a few of the guys even if I thought Zac was the one.

Butter and oatmeal? Ick.  I don't associate sexy times with making crisp.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I think Matt really likes Michelle's personality, but he's not as physically attracted to her as he is to Rachael (even though her face did look a bit puffy this episode). 

Rachael is the type superficial men find "hot".   Her face was puffy but more I noticed since they had them in line with similar clothing on that Rachael had no muscle tone and the other two had perfect tone.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Lemons said:

Rachael is the type superficial men find "hot".   Her face was puffy but more I noticed since they had them in line with similar clothing on that Rachael had no muscle tone and the other two had perfect tone.  

Of course, attraction varies but I do think Matt finds Rachael more attractive, even without "muscle tone."  Michelle is more fit, but I find her to be kind of mannish looking and she's got unfortunate bags under her eyes.  I thought Bri was the most attractive of the three remaining women.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Andyourlittledog2 said:

First of all, I have to ask: What was up with Rachael's dress? Perhaps those of you more well versed in current fashion trends can explain it to me, but from my untrained eye it looked like this:

Producers want all three women to wear black long gowns. I do not believe that it was the women who suddenly decided that looking alike was a good thing when they are trying to stand out and get chosen by Matt. Anyway, the other two women had on lovely gowns. Rachael? It looked to me like she was given a black gown to wear that did not fit her and close at the back so she was forced to wear a wine colored gown under it to avoid a way too low back opening. The effect was when you viewed from the side that the back kinda fell away from her body  and from the back it looked like she had on a backless dress with a wine colored dress underneath, or at least a large wine colored undergarment that zipped in the back. It was strange. They avoided back camera angles on Rachael but a couple times you could see it and it was weird.  If that is an actual gown then please enlighten me, because it just looked like a mistake to me.

I didn't notice it when the show aired, but saw a YouTube recap of the episode and noticed it.  Ya, it was strange.

• Love 1
(edited)

I hate that they cut out the part on Michele's date where they roll in pancake mix and throw themselves in a waffle iron. Do not dis the traditional Pennsylvania Dutch Breakfast.

Edited by phlebas
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1

It was a really awful, uncomfortable episode.  Matt's tears followed by a lot of trout-mouthed smooching.  I did get a laugh when Matt lifted up his uneaten plate of sushi to pull out the "fantasy suite" card.  Like, HAH, found it!  Giving me afikomen vibes.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

For some reason my DVR decided not to record this.  After reading everyone's wonderful commentary (and snark) I see that I did not miss anything but, rather, was able to have a much more enjoyable experience with this episode than if I had watched it.  Thanks everyone!

• Love 6

I'm a woman but find Rachael absolutely beautiful. She has an exotic and model-like beauty imo. Her skin could not be more clear. Her hair could not be more shiny. I also think she has a lovely figure even if she's not the most tone. She can still rock a bikini, and I don't find a lot of muscle feminine anyway. I think there were lots of beautiful women this season, but Rachael was one of the standouts. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, saber5055 said:
8 hours ago, Rainsong said:

CH walks in having stolen one of Bea Arthur’s cardigans from the ‘Maude’ display at the Hollywood Museum of Television.

And ... this sets the stage for the best recap of this season yet, courtesy of rainsong. (I request @Rainsong also continue with recaps of the commercials.)

I totally agree, best recap ever.  “It’s GOLD, rainsong, GOLD!”

• Love 6

Not quite finished, but thought I'd throw down a thought or two. Rachel has it bad for Matt. Ridiculous, but there you have it. That shirt she was wearing on her date looked like she pulled it out of a bin at the thrift shop. But she HAD to show off her belly-button ring, so that required a certain shirt, I guess.

Cringey moments with his dad. I really don't want to know/don't care.

The butter massage was so super cringey and wasteful. Hubby didn't want to be in the same room with it (we knew it was coming from Kimmel).

They give a camping date to a girl who hates camping. Nice, show. And there's no rhyme or reason to it except wasting time — they don't even stay until dark, when there's making out by firelight under the stars and smores, the best part of camping.

They really need to pick people who have wit. This show is sooooooo booooorring!

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

They really need to pick people who have wit. This show is sooooooo booooorring!

Exactly. I want more wit, humor, flirting. It's not like they cast people who are shy. They signed up to be on a reality show. They're straddling and slobbing all over one another. They'll take off their clothes. They'll take part in fantasy suites. It's like they skip the flirting and building of chemistry to falling in love and having sex. I don't care how gorgeous someone is. It takes a little time to build sexual tension, especially for a woman who's not as visual. Show me you're smart and have things to say. Show me you can make me laugh and we could have fun sitting at home doing nothing. These grand dates will not be planned for us once the show is over.   

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Butter and oatmeal? Ick.  I don't associate sexy times with making crisp.

You forgot the horse trough filled with warm milk. There is a trough exactly like that in my pasture for the livestock. And no, it's not sexy either.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

For some reason my DVR decided not to record this.  After reading everyone's wonderful commentary (and snark) I see that I did not miss anything but, rather, was able to have a much more enjoyable experience with this episode than if I had watched it.  Thanks everyone!

Where did you find such an intelligent DVR? I’d like to buy one.

• LOL 13
10 hours ago, Rainsong said:

Matt & Michelle apply butter & milk (?!) to each other and sit in a horse trough. ‘It feels comfortable…like home’ she claims. I’ve visited plenty of Bob Evans restaurants but usually try to keep the dairy products on the plates or the biscuits. Maybe I’m doing it wrong? Grandma would quite rightly give you a thick ear if you showed up at breakfast in your drawers and a good spanking with a wooden spoon if you poured your corn flakes over your head.

The origin of the phrase "Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit" has been solved.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

The origin of the phrase "Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit" has been solved.

Interesting. I have never heard of this phrase in my life. I'm a New Yorker; is this a Southern or otherwise regional phrase? I don't even know what it means, but that oatmeal/milk/butter date had me gagging. And Bri's date was plain mean, a little tent set up in the Northeast, late autumn. Shudder!

@saber5055  I do try to FF through all commercials, but I saw something about Pooch Something. Looked like a show dog thing, maybe? Let us know if you're appearing on it !!!!!!! Otherwise I'll skip it, not being a dog lover myself. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Arkay said:

I do try to FF through all commercials, but I saw something about Pooch Something. Looked like a show dog thing, maybe? Let us know if you're appearing on it !!!!!!! Otherwise I'll skip it, not being a dog lover myself. 

That's a new reality show called Pooch Perfect featuring groomers who specialize in sculpting dogs and coloring them so they resemble "something else." I do grooming but not competition grooming nor shaping/coloring. So lucky you, my mug will not be appearing. Thanks for thinking of me!

2 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

That's a new reality show called Pooch Perfect featuring groomers who specialize in sculpting dogs and coloring them so they resemble "something else." I do grooming but not competition grooming nor shaping/coloring. So lucky you, my mug will not be appearing. Thanks for thinking of me!

How disappointing! I was sure you'd get The Final Rose or whatever they give. But that is not a show I would watch for any other reason. 

• LOL 3