WEEK 23 • Feb. 10 — ONE asterisk *
* 106. Sports Terms. A member of the British Amateur Athletic Club wrote this 1867 set of 12 regulations whose name honors nobelman John Sholto Douglas. *
107. American History. After statesman & banker Robert Morris turned down a job offer from George Washington, this man took the job.
108. 20th Century European Leaders. In a 1930s broadcast, this man spoke of “A quarrel in a faraway country between people of whom we know nothing.”
109. International Literature. There are reminiscences of branding cattle & lassoing steers in “Martin Fierro”, the national poem of this Western Hemisphere country.
110. Famous First Lines. These 7 words precede, “The rain fell in torrents, except at occasional intervals.”