Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: Season Finale

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Jordan went after the piñata.   It was Christian who got physical first and kept trying to break away from the security folks and go after Jordan at least twice that we were shown.  

Ahhhh yes. The piñata that had NOTHING to do with Christian. Innocent little Jordan wasn't trying to INSTIGATE Christian AT ALL. 😂 YEAH. RIGHT. Jordan totally set Christian up to get kicked out, for Clay. Unfortunately, Christian played right into his hands. But Jordan got his loser ass booted, too. Lucky for him. He knew he wasn't getting a rose.

• Love 4

My 2 cents worth about a few things...

RE: Katie and Chris...I don’t think they’re doomed at all.  The old cliche that “opposites attract” actually has a lot of truth to it.  You’ve got a girl who’s kinda clingy and insecure, and a guy who’s gun shy.  She’s the vibrant one and he’s the subdued one.  Yin/Yang.  She brings the fun and spontaneity, he brings the stability and calm. I like them both and are rooting for them.  

Im also on Blake’s side.  Somebody used the word ‘slut-shaming’ either here or on the show.  I don’t see slut-shaming here.  If there is, Caelyn slut-shamed herself by crying about Blake sleeping with other women after their one-night stand.  

They both agreed, per their texts, to keep this under wraps.  She broke the deal by crying because Blake was more interested in dating other women on the island.  AND THEN TOLD EVERYONE about his sleeping around!  To WARN them. His only defense was to pull out the texts and show that she was absolutely on board with a hook-up, insisted on it actually, then was hurt that it happened.  He was clear upfront about what they were doing, and she agreed.

Nobody called her a slut.... she is a beautiful girl who was raped.  I can’t imagine the impact must be on her psychologically.  Hopefully, she’s going to therapy.  💕

and I love JPJ!  And Tayshia.  I would love to see them work things out, but he’s a handful and I’m not sure how enamored she is with him and his shenanigans....I find him charming, except the snot stuff, but that’s easily fixed.  

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, LisainCali said:

I don’t see slut-shaming here.  If there is, Caelyn slut-shamed herself by crying about Blake sleeping with other women after their one-night stand.

16 minutes ago, LisainCali said:

AND THEN TOLD EVERYONE about his sleeping around!  To WARN them. His only defense was to pull out the texts and show that she was absolutely on board with a hook-up, insisted on it actually, then was hurt that it happened.  He was clear upfront about what they were doing, and she agreed.

That is how it happened.  How old is she?  

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, LisainCali said:

My 2 cents worth about a few things...

RE: Katie and Chris...I don’t think they’re doomed at all.  The old cliche that “opposites attract” actually has a lot of truth to it.  You’ve got a girl who’s kinda clingy and insecure, and a guy who’s gun shy.  She’s the vibrant one and he’s the subdued one.  Yin/Yang.  She brings the fun and spontaneity, he brings the stability and calm. I like them both and are rooting for them.  

Im also on Blake’s side.  Somebody used the word ‘slut-shaming’ either here or on the show.  I don’t see slut-shaming here.  If there is, Caelyn slut-shamed herself by crying about Blake sleeping with other women after their one-night stand.  

They both agreed, per their texts, to keep this under wraps.  She broke the deal by crying because Blake was more interested in dating other women on the island.  AND THEN TOLD EVERYONE about his sleeping around!  To WARN them. His only defense was to pull out the texts and show that she was absolutely on board with a hook-up, insisted on it actually, then was hurt that it happened.  He was clear upfront about what they were doing, and she agreed.

Nobody called her a slut.... she is a beautiful girl who was raped.  I can’t imagine the impact must be on her psychologically.  Hopefully, she’s going to therapy.  💕

and I love JPJ!  And Tayshia.  I would love to see them work things out, but he’s a handful and I’m not sure how enamored she is with him and his shenanigans....I find him charming, except the snot stuff, but that’s easily fixed.  

Are we even sure she was hurt by Blake? I get the impression she instigated things with Blake off-screen then made up EVERYTHING on BIP. I’m a conspiracy theorist, all of these people have their own producers. My theory is that during her pre-show interview she told her producer she hooked up with Blake and the producer made up this whole storyline and sold it to Caelyn as a way for her to get airtime. For somebody who was that “hurt” by Blake, she seemed to not mind hanging out with him on the beach. If I was that upset with someone I couldn’t hide my disgust and I’d avoid them like the plague. Yet, in most scenes we see her sitting next to Blake really chill and seemingly comfortable. 

Maybe that’s why people are defending her? Maybe this whole thing was made up by a producer and Caelyn just went along with it. Still pretty dumb and callous to decide to try and wreck someone else’s reputation and not expect him to try and defend himself. 

Edited by Stan39
Typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

I always love trying to spot a guy in any of their live crowds. I think there were two yesterday.

I do too! One of the two was in a shot clapping quite enthusiastically. I always wonder if they’re enticed by a reward or real fans. 

1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Which is the weirdest metaphor of the season? “My tank is empty” or “your a pigeon!”? 

As someone who has gone to more than her fair share of therapy the full tank/empty tank is an example I’ve heard from more than one therapist. So I’m going with pigeon. Although hearing the pigeon/seagull discussion always makes me think of Finding Nemo. The screaming “mine” isn’t too far off from how these people glob onto a person to build their story and hope to find instagram fame, um I mean true love.  

55 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

To be fair, he only has one chubby cheek.  I think he looks like a faded Ken doll that some little girl left on it's side on the radiator.

Too funny! So he’s a lopsided chipmunk. To be honest his narrow teeth bothered me more than the weird cheeks. I couldn’t quit staring at them. And to think 30 girls are going to fight for lackluster Ken. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, LBS said:

Me looking at what Dean was wearing plus his hair and realizing that he looked like an Oompa Loompa:

gene wilder oompa loompa GIF

I could barely get through this episode and I had wine and the ability to fast forward.  I thought Nicole was being completely ridiculous.   Clay went on IG and basically said that he had no regrets for not getting engaged/moving in with someone who he was exclusive with for only 16 days.   Yes!  You know who you should declare your love and want to be with everyday after only knowing them for 16 days?  Your pet that you just adopted.  Human adults should be held to a higher standard. 

wonder how different he might have felt if she hadnt gone out on those other dates and left him hanging. wonder how he felt when he saw those epidoses lol

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

She wanted to make him look like he silenced her and he’s right , that is a big accusation. 

Blake shouldn't be excused for making these women feel like they were one of many members of his harem. However, I think this is a fair point. Why did Caelynn get away with making it seem like he played her like a fool when she was obviously a very active part in the coverup herself`?

19 hours ago, JenE4 said:

They always choose the most “wholesome” guy as Bachelor. Every single one of these guys (Peter, Ben, Sean, Jake, etc.) I picture saying, “Oh, golly, gee whilikers, I can’t believe I’m the Bachelor!”

Pilot Pete. Yawn. I am inclined to quote EW's Kristin Baldwin when Ben Higgins was the choice: "Boring white man becomes bachelor"

18 hours ago, kazza said:

Cynical me is wondering if this was the last piece of his redemption arc.

I totally agree with that theory. Chris was definitly going into this with the goal of coming out of it looking like a decent guy. Now he's trapped and does not know how to get out of it . And so he's stringing Katie along even though it's obvious to him and not to her: They are just not right for each other. Nevermind who's at "fault". When a relationship is that hard that early on and the communication is that bad, for the love of God, just call it quits! 

6 hours ago, Captain Asshat said:

If they resurrect "On the Wings of Love," I'm going to hurl...my TV through a window.

I will never forget pilot Jake Pavelka' words going into his journey: "Heartbroken and alone, that's not in the cards for me. I'm meant to be loved"

2 hours ago, calpurnia99 said:

I always laugh when they bring out the 3 babies as proof how great the franchise is. 

As a mother of two wild ones, I can attest to the fact that it's not all roses and rainbows at the end of that big love story. Those kids were very well behaved compared to mine. My boys would have broken the cameras into small pieces  and jumped on Chris Harrison's private parts like it was a trampoline.

• LOL 12
  • Love 4

What really makes it hard for me to buy the “poor Caelynn mean Blake” story is how she handled the whole Dean and Conner thing. She basically used Conner as a place holder for Dean, then when Dean showed up again after he dumped her, she dumped Conner without so much as a look back to go back to Dean and his van down by the river. Not that she can’t leave Conner for Dean if that’s who she wants to be with, but she was pretty quick to go from one person to the next...kinda like Blake? I’m not judging, but is that so different? I guess she didn’t sleep with them, but still, Conner was clearly super into her, and she pretty coldly told him she wasn’t into him anymore. So like another situation?

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

What really makes it hard for me to buy the “poor Caelynn mean Blake” story is how she handled the whole Dean and Conner thing. She basically used Conner as a place holder for Dean, then when Dean showed up again after he dumped her, she dumped Conner without so much as a look back to go back to Dean and his van down by the river. Not that she can’t leave Conner for Dean if that’s who she wants to be with, but she was pretty quick to go from one person to the next...kinda like Blake? I’m not judging, but is that so different? I guess she didn’t sleep with them, but still, Conner was clearly super into her, and she pretty coldly told him she wasn’t into him anymore. So like another situation?

Exactly and she did the same to ABC Cam just to get a rose. She can be quite mercenary. It must be the pageant bitch in her. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

Are we even sure she was hurt by Blake? I get the impression she instigated things with Blake off-screen then made up EVERYTHING on BIP. I’m a conspiracy theorist, all of these people have their own producers. My theory is that during her pre-show interview she told her producer she hooked up with Blake and the producer made up this whole storyline and sold it to Caelyn as a way for her to get airtime. For somebody who was that “hurt” by Blake, she seemed to not mind hanging out with him on the beach. If I was that upset with someone I couldn’t hide my disgust and I’d avoid them like the plague. Yet, in most scenes we see her sitting next to Blake really chill and seemingly comfortable. 

Maybe that’s why people are defending her? Maybe this whole thing was made up by a producer and Caelyn just went along with it. Still pretty dumb and callous to decide to try and wreck someone else’s reputation and not expect him to try and defend himself. 

I beleived her the first episode, she said they face timed several times a day, talked about their future and then it broke her heart that he slept with kristina. he had every right to defend himself with the texts, doesnt excuse his behavior tho.

I had to laugh at whoever shut Cam down about contacting people before the show--yeh buddy you did it too and since it didnt work for you it "ruined the process". oh and nice to hear NOTHING from annaliese.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

I beleived her the first episode, she said they face timed several times a day, talked about their future and then it broke her heart that he slept with kristina. he had every right to defend himself with the texts, doesnt excuse his behavior tho.

I guess I find it hard to believe anything Caelyn says. Once you’ve been shown to be a liar (and don’t even apologize or regret it) it’s hard to pick and choose when she’s telling the truth and when she’s exaggerating and when she makes stuff up. IMO Caelyn lost her credibility. At least Blake offered some tangible proof of what happened. Even if distorted. To each his own though. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
25 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Exactly and she did the same to ABC Cam just to get a rose. She can be quite mercenary. It must be the pageant bitch in her. 

When there was the drama between Hannah B. and Caelynn on Colton’s season - and the vagueness as to the nature of their conflict - Caelynn just seemed so shady (and this was opposite early Hannah B. who was incapable of making a toast) and Hannah, I believe, either intimated that she was a liar or said something about how she’s not what she seems.

I hope Hannah is appreciating that the “real” Caelynn has shown herself.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I believe she did sleep with Connor.  She mentioned to the other girls she was going into the “boom boom” room with him.  It seemed like it was the night before Dean arrived.  If so, she slept with Connor and then Dean the next night.....mmmmm.......kind of like what Blake did with her and Kristina.  I honestly don’t get all the love for Caelynn.  I think she looks so much older than her age and she always looks greasy.  I’m not sure why she got so many dates in Paradise when there were many prettier girls there.

Was there any mention last night about Blake and Kristina?  Did anything happen with them after the show aired?  At a minimum, they seem to at least still be friends since she was consoling him during the break. 

• Love 13

Team Bukowski and Blake in this situation. I also fall into the category of emotionally distant, and so to me, Chris just seemed like a chilled out guy who was totally blindsided and set up as a target by his own fiance on national television. He kept his cool much better than I would have in that situation and I don't blame him for being pissed off outside. It sounds like they've hashed this out already and she thought if she put on a big dramatic televised show that he'd have to own up and make some kind of promises to change now that the world was watching. It was totally manipulative. They've only known each other a month or two... relationships take time to grow. Of course he wasn't in love with her on day 1- she is lucky that she got such an effusive and emotional proposal in the end, and it seemed genuine too.

As far as Blake, yeah he sucks, but I don't blame him in the slightest for posting those texts. He was getting dragged on TV and knew that her story was a lie. She booty called him in the middle of the night and straight up wouldn't take no for an answer (he tried to decline a few times if I recall and she basically insisted she was coming over for sex and nothing else). It even sounds like he called to warn her before he posted them. She had time to offer to clear it up herself. Anyway, I've never liked Caelynn.

I do like Kristina, she's always been low-key funny and seems like a tough love kind of friend (as evidenced with her pep talk to Blake about squaring up and getting through it). I would have cheered for her!

Nicole is delusional. Clay is no catch, but his offer to date outside the show is really the ideal outcome. It sounded like she was acting out her own heroic telenovela scene of the scorned woman as she left him at the altar of the final rose. How dare he want to continue to grow a relationship with her at a normal pace! I've never liked him more than when he was looking dazed and bemused in the getaway van and asked to stop at a pub.

Demi and Kristian are the best of the engaged couples. When Chris H asked what they love about each other, their answers were very insightful and intimate and were actually about traits that the other person had, not just how the relationship made them feel.

That video of Jade post-birth asking if her baby was ok seemed way too personal and intense for this dumb show.

I really like Tayshia and JPJ, but I really wish she would stop pulling away to squeal "JAYPJAY!!!" at him like he's an amusing pet. 

Peter. Ugh. I would be way more disappointed about this, but the show depleted "my emotional tank" back when they announced Colton as lead. WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO REFILL MY TANK, FLEISS?!

• LOL 4
  • Love 18

My cat heard me telling the TV "yeah, I'm on your side, Blake" several times while Caelynn was trashing him. And really, Caelynn, you think lying and trashing someone on national TV is a good look?

I like Katie and Chris together when they're having fun, but I think he needs someone much more independent and she needs to get out of the needy, must get married now phase. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Caelynn is one of the most manipulative creatures ever on this show. Stop crying for camera time. What a perpetual victim.

I am firmly in Blake's corner. He took the lumps he deserved, but he doesn't have to let Caelynn lie about him. She forced him to release those texts by lying about him. She owes him the apology. 

She deserves the likes of Dean.

• Useful 2
  • Love 20

Well, what can I say about Dean.  I initially couldn’t stand him in other seasons, but damn if I didn’t grow to like him this year.  As far as looks go, I never found him particularly attractive.  I will say he had beautiful eyes and a great smile, but putting his facial features together, along with his hair (whoever said Oompa-Loompa was square on) resulted in something ill proportioned.  I wouldn’t go so far as to call him ugly, but I did find him odd looking. 

• Love 4

Dean better be careful. If he breaks up with Caelynn, he might face the same defamation that Blake went through. Caelynn is an expert at playing the victim. When she started crying at the reunion show because Blake exposed her lies, Blake should have started crying too and acted pitiful. But he is just not crafty enough to go head to head with her. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
25 minutes ago, waving feather said:

Dean better be careful. If he breaks up with Caelynn, he might face the same defamation that Blake went through. Caelynn is an expert at playing the victim. When she started crying at the reunion show because Blake exposed her lies, Blake should have started crying too and acted pitiful. But he is just not crafty enough to go head to head with her. 

Seriously. Now I finally understand Hannah B’s perception of Caelynn. I always thought Hannah came off as the instigator and was shocked that they made her Bachelorette, but now I do believe that Caelynn “turned” on her. But Caelynn has us convinced Hannah was just jealous.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16

I made an account just to comment on this. I really enjoy reading these forums but sometimes people on here think they know everything. Why is everyone being so harsh on Katie? You have no idea what their relationship is like on a day to day basis. You're basing everything off 15 minutes of television. I'm guessing none of you must know what it's like to be in a relationship where you feel unloved and unwanted. You're very lucky for that.

First of all, this is a TV show about relationships and they've been candidly talking about their feelings to the cameras since they started dating. Chris must have known she was going to be talked to, and they've had this conversation dozens of times with no change. Unless he specifically asked her to not air their problems out, he couldn't have possibly been blind-sided by this. The fact that he was shows how oblivious he is to her pain/how much he doesn't take it seriously. Or I guess he just expected her to lie? He was more focused on looking like a crappy boyfriend than the fact that he's being so crappy she felt the need to do this.

Imagine day in and day out that your supposed fiance barely shows you how much he cares despite how much you try. Imagine not feeling loved by your partner at all. And then to watch back on a month when you thought you were falling in love and you got ENGAGED only to see the person doesn't seem at all that into you. This is supposed to be your love story, and it sucks.

Katie needs to realize her worth and just end it. Either that, or Chris needs to be honest and tell her explicitly that he doesn't want this and to stop making her think that it's possible. Katie, you can't fix him. Please wake up and walk away.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, Jushi said:

I made an account just to comment on this. I really enjoy reading these forums but sometimes people on here think they know everything. Why is everyone being so harsh on Katie? You have no idea what their relationship is like on a day to day basis. You're basing everything off 15 minutes of television. I'm guessing none of you must know what it's like to be in a relationship where you feel unloved and unwanted. You're very lucky for that.

First of all, this is a TV show about relationships and they've been candidly talking about their feelings to the cameras since they started dating. Chris must have known she was going to be talked to, and they've had this conversation dozens of times with no change. Unless he specifically asked her to not air their problems out, he couldn't have possibly been blind-sided by this. The fact that he was shows how oblivious he is to her pain/how much he doesn't take it seriously. Or I guess he just expected her to lie? He was more focused on looking like a crappy boyfriend than the fact that he's being so crappy she felt the need to do this.

Imagine day in and day out that your supposed fiance barely shows you how much he cares despite how much you try. Imagine not feeling loved by your partner at all. And then to watch back on a month when you thought you were falling in love and you got ENGAGED only to see the person doesn't seem at all that into you. This is supposed to be your love story, and it sucks.

Katie needs to realize her worth and just end it. Either that, or Chris needs to be honest and tell her explicitly that he doesn't want this and to stop making her think that it's possible. Katie, you can't fix him. Please wake up and walk away.

I think you reap what you sow when you agree to get engaged after a few days of knowing each other. These people are more wrapped up in the TV love story and being the next Jade and Tanner than they are serious about turning the engagement into an actual marriage. I know Katie has actual feelings for Chris, and you're right.. it does suck to be in a relationship where you are putting in effort and the other person puts none in... but that's why you should get to know someone before rushing into an engagement. They all say, "this isn't just a tv show, this is my life."... Well, that's not true. If this were real life, you wouldn't be forced to either get engaged or break up. You would date and get to know someone in every day life, not just lying around on a beach where there is no stress and everything is swimming and laying on day beds. Katie doesn't know Chris. She knows what he's like when cameras are following him on a beach all day and night.

• Love 17
18 hours ago, zoltana said:

How is he supposed to act with someone he's known a couple of weeks on the beach in an over produced television show?  It didn't seem like he was into her the whole time.  I don't know what his insecurities are, but she sure seems to be ignoring them and making it all about her. 

But let's be honest about Chris:  This was his sixth time on a Bachelor franchise show - six times! - and he has been unable to hook up with anyone?  Forget the off-show events like Stagecoach and all that, which I'm sure he's also been invited to.

Six times and he can't seem to find anyone to be with?  There's something suspect about this.

ETA:  Jordan is past his sell-by date.  He brings nothing to the table.  Off to the desert with you, son.

Edited by b2H
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Jushi said:

39 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I think you reap what you sow when you agree to get engaged after a few days of knowing each other. These people are more wrapped up in the TV love story and being the next Jade and Tanner than they are serious about turning the engagement into an actual marriage. I know Katie has actual feelings for Chris, and you're right.. it does suck to be in a relationship where you are putting in effort and the other person puts none in... but that's why you should get to know someone before rushing into an engagement. They all say, "this isn't just a tv show, this is my life."... Well, that's not true. If this were real life, you wouldn't be forced to either get engaged or break up. You would date and get to know someone in every day life, not just lying around on a beach where there is no stress and everything is swimming and laying on day beds. Katie doesn't know Chris. She knows what he's like when cameras are following him on a beach all day and night.

I'd go a step further:  you decide to "find love" on television and proceed to put everything on display during the season and at the reunion show including, apparently blind-siding your fiance, you are fair game for people to armchair-analyze.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I was horribly confused by the whole Katie/Chris thing. Is Katie wanting Chris to reaffirm his love for her every hour? On stage, she put the ring back on, but then outside the ring was off.  Did she take it off right after their time onstage was over? Or were we shown those two scenes out of sequence?  All of it was painful to watch.  If a relationship takes so much darn "work" in the earliest stages, then it isn't meant to be.

• Love 9

I would feel sorry for Katie if she were stuck in a loveless marriage with kids,  where it is much much harder for her to leave her partner who doesn't fill her "love tank". However, this is not the case. She knew him for 2 weeks before engagement and has been dating just a couple of months. If she's really unhappy it's not that difficult to just walk away. Like how Whitney and Connor have broken up since filming. But I believe Katie wants bragging rights as one of the successful Bachelor nation couples, so she's hanging onto him by hook or crook. I like Katie and thinks she's a nice person but this is just what I see.

Edited by waving feather
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I personally think they have to get engaged at the end, orders by the producers. That's probably a well known secret. As for your point about how she doesn't know him, no she does not. But she obviously wants this to work. Why? I can only guess. There's something telling her that this will work, and I think that something is Chris himself. If he just told her things aren't going to change and she needs to accept that's who he is or leave, then I would agree with everyone. But she talked about her seeing those glimmers of hope, and he obviously tries to say the right things to her. It's clear he doesn't mean it and for some reason won't end it himself. Remember him saying that thing about "when do you except things will change" or whatever he said.

I'm not gonna lie, she is desperate. But I have sympathy. This whole "process" is humiliating for someone in her position. She put herself there, yes. I know, I know. But I still feel sorry for her. The whole point of the show is to find love, and I think she was sincere, albeit naive, about it.

• Love 4

I was thinking, maybe Katie took her ring off and left it home or at the hotel before she went to the finale night. Then Lane steps in with a temporary ring to use for stage purposes and she had to give it back before leaving. We'd never know if it was the same original ring or not.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Seriously. Now I finally understand Hannah B’s perception of Caelynn. I always thought Hannah came off as the instigator and was shocked that they made her Bachelorette, but now I do believe that Caelynn “turned” on her. But Caelynn has us convinced Hannah was just jealous.

I suspected Caelynn was the instigator from the start, mainly because she always managed to weave her "I was 1st runner up and she didn't even place" humblebrag into her retelling of the story.

She needs to stop crying about being slut shamed as a get out of jail free card for lying. Everything Blake said made perfect sense last night. Caelynn and her manufactured sobs are just a red herring meant to distract from her poor choices and behavior. She's transparent AF, and I have no idea why anyone was defending her.

This show loves to support shit like this. Caelynn can pretend she's "standing up for all women against slut-shaming," while brushing the facts of her lies under the rug. Slut shaming is not the issue, her making a HUGE deal about her encounter with Blake and constantly bringing it up, while conveniently leaving her role out, is the issue.

The show actually DID support it this entire season with the Blake as villain storyline that was woven throughout the entire show. A single guy having multiple, consensual encounters with equally single women is not villainous. Yeah, it's not fun to have a whole bunch of people you've hooked up with in the same place, but if Caelynn hadn't made it her mission to spread her sad story all over the place, I don't think it would have been awkward past the first couple of days. 

Part of the motive on the show's part might have been to try to sell Hannah and Dylan as an against all odds romantic success story (loyal Dylan vanquishes the player, Blake, instead of the real story: a spineless, shallow puppy following the pretty girl around until she gives in and dates him). 

I would feel sorry for Katie if she were stuck in a loveless marriage with kids,  where it is much much harder for her to leave her partner who doesn't fill her "love tank". However, this is not the case. She knew him for 2 weeks before engagement and has been dating just a couple of months. If she's really unhappy it's not that difficult to just walk away. Like how Whitney and Connor have broken up since filming. But I believe Katie wants bragging rights as one of the successful Bachelor nation couples, so she's hanging onto him by hook or crook. I like Katie and thinks she's a nice person but this is just what I see.

Agreed. Nothing about what she said to Chris Harrison sounded like a good or healthy situation worth saving. Having that much resentment THAT early? What would be the point of continuing on?

It's possible that she just wanted that last moment and now that the show is fully wrapped up, she'll walk away, or he will. 

And to be fair to Chris with regard to her hoping that she'd watch the show and see him being in love with her, she herself did not come across as in love with him either. So either there's lots of footage of her declarations of love on the cutting room floor (which would mean that the same could easily be true of him), or she's fairly equally inexpressive and has to accept the fact that he's not that demonstrative a guy. 

Also, Peter simultaneously looks 15 and 40. I wonder if it stings that he only got the gig because the two much more heavily favored front runners are dating A-listers now, lol. Personally, I'd much rather be dating Gigi Hadid/Demi Lovato than refereeing high school spats between 30 emotionally unstable "Instagram influencers."

This was another disappointing choice. He seemed like a nice enough guy, but there was no "there" there behind the perma-smile. Speaking of, did he do something to his face or teeth? His smile used to cheese out of his face so hard that you couldn't see anything else, but it seems toned down somehow.

That video of Jade post-birth asking if her baby was ok seemed way too personal and intense for this dumb show.

Totally agreed. Now that I've read a bit about what a dick Tanner has turned out to be, I especially hated this whole segment, including his "gotta generate that content" remark about shooting the video and "it was easy" about the birth. 

She was so desperate and emotional and in such a vulnerable state, it was much too real to be on this garbage show. 

• Love 21

I started off really disliking Blake on BIP (didn't watch that season of the Bachelor) but by the end, I actually like him.  He doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed, but I don't think what he did either at Stagecoach or by releasing the texts was wrong.  

I actually felt like he owed Kristina maybe just a tad more because they sound like they have built a solid friendship and tried to be friends with benefits.  That doesn't work for everyone and certainly not for someone with Kristina or Caelynn's baggage.  

So, I hold Blake harmless and apologize for my ugly comments in the early threads.  He's (sometimes) attractive and probably a swell dude.  He just needs to learn to read the room a bit and protect himself a bit better.   I was glad to see Kristina comforting him during the break.  

He can even date my daughter if he wants to ask her.  But she doesn't like swing dancing. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 8

everyone wants to be jade and tanner, but behind the scenes he is an abusive jackass to her--its sad. as far as chris and katie, the first few weeks in a realtionship is usually thrilling and hearts and flowers....to take her ring off on national tv and shame him into putting the ring back on and having chris harrison even say "were watching you" that poor guy was walking the plank. I feel awful for him--she is a very desparate woman and that wears thin after a while.

• Love 9

The in-house audience is so annoying to me because they get so sucked into the narrative and back up whatever is on their agenda. The booing Kristina, the clapping for Onyeka saying things against Blake, etc.

What in the world did Kristina do that was so bad? She played the game and tried to stay on the beach? A lot of people did that, Kristina just did it more openly.

Audience is a bunch of suckers. I fast-forwarded through like half of this finale anyway. Onto the next one.

P.S. JPJ and Tayshia being a cute couple did warm my cold, shriveled heart.

Edited by kita
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10

I just watched. Katie’s tank is empty because she is an emotional black hole, needing endless support and reassurance. Chris needs a woman who is more insensitive, like he is. That is a terrible match.

Katie would work better with a Dylan type who is constantly worshipping his partner.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
8 hours ago, kita said:

The in-house audience is so annoying to me because they get so sucked into the narrative and back up whatever is on their agenda. The booing Kristina, the clapping for Onyeka saying things against Blake, etc.

What in the world did Kristina do that was so bad? She played the game and tried to stay on the beach? A lot of people did that, Kristina just did it more openly.

Audience is a bunch of suckers. I fast-forwarded through like half of this finale anyway. Onto the next one.

The audience is highly coached and the show highly edited.   When you see a close up, you don’t know for sure what they were really reacting to.  They take then through all the reactions before the show starts, laughing, clapping, booing, so they can edit where required.  

Audience composition is also carefully vetted/partially recruited, by gender, age, socioeconomic look (notice everyone is dressed up).     I am not sure if they sign an actual confidentiality agreement but an acquaintance  I knew who went to the WTA many years ago said there was much she couldn’t talk about, legally.  

• Useful 7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I am not sure if they sign an actual confidentiality agreement but an acquaintance  I knew who went to the WTA many years ago said there was much she couldn’t talk about, legally.  

Verrrrry interesting. I can't believe I never thought about that, but an NDA makes perfect sense. Total Bachelor move, too.

Too bad people break those things all the time.

22 hours ago, kita said:

me personally, she seemed to attempt to block Blake having a connection with anyone but herself--I thought she came across rude and harsh--I used to adore her. obviously several people agreed because she was booed when introduced.

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

me personally, she seemed to attempt to block Blake having a connection with anyone but herself--I thought she came across rude and harsh--I used to adore her. obviously several people agreed because she was booed when introduced.

Yes, in her preparation for her date with Blake, she stated she was, "going to make him my bitch".  Then throughout the show, she approached him like she was only looking out for him, as a best friend would.  I kept questioning her motives.  He'd be interested in someone and she would talk him out of it.  Then when he wanted to try to make a go of it between them, she initially agreed, but then backed out of it.

I really couldn't figure her out. I don't know if she was playing him, or was as broken as he was.

Edited by deSchenke
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

My thought about the whole Caelynn-Blake-Kristina-everyone else at Stagecoach thing is this: 

• If you can't handle no-strings sex, don't offer it.
  • If you think you can offer no strings sex as a way to get "in" with another person and make them fall for you, don't. Life is not a rom-com and people in rom-coms do not act like real people - they are the product of a writer's imagination.
  • If you're offered no-strings sex, don't believe it or expect the other person to behave as if that is what they offered in the first place.
  • If you did offer no-strings sex and someone took you up on that, you've given up your right to get mad when that person takes you at your word and believes the sex was truly no-strings.

Makes me nuts when people claim that it's just an easy, no-strings attached sexual relationship and then get all bent when the other person believes them and acts like that. I taught my now adult son that just because a woman claims they won't be attached if they have sex doesn't mean it's true. Nobody can predict how that post-coital neurochemistry will affect them - it can be as powerful as a hit of heroin and activate cycles of addiction that people mistake as "love", even when the original agreement was, "It's just sex and nothing else."  I've known many people who claimed they could handle that, but really they thought it was a secret backdoor way into the other person's heart. 

As Blake was trying to defend himself onstage and everyone was villainizing him while taking up for Caelynn, all I could think was, "Blake is not wrong here." What the hell was he supposed to do? A true gentleman doesn't kiss and tell, but neither does a true lady. What a ridiculous bleeping double standard the whole Bachelor ethos has.

Can every future contestant get a copy of this?!

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

I think that reality doesn't always match up with what Katie imagines or wants.  She stated she was disappointed that while watching the episodes she didn't see Chris fall madly in love with her from day 1.  Of course, she's forgetting that she encouraged him to go on dates and expected him not to go.  But, he did go.  I think she also thinks that he should drop everything and only focus on her once they were engaged.  Well, no.  Chris is one of the few in Bachelor Nation who actually has a real job (i.e. not instagram...).  In the "real" world, we have to balance our lives.  Many of those who see their careers being dependent upon participating in all of these shows don't necessarily have other obligations and they can just hang around and declare their love for each other all day.

The narratives seem to focus on the women and how the men have treated them horribly rather than how it takes two to make a relationship and that both of them have to make compromises.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 9/17/2019 at 10:02 PM, kazza said:

What a mess. I felt bad for him. He's just really not good at articulating and defending himself, and I do genuinely believe that he's just clueless.  

The show should be concerned about his emotional health. He looked like a wreck. 

He really shouldn't go on these shows. 

I have thought that this entire season. I just want to mother that poor boy. 

On 9/18/2019 at 7:51 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

9B12520A-2D93-4078-86B6-AF47E9DC6E53.jpeg

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I just can’t with these people. Fuck that Tanner guy for letting this trash heap show trot out his postpartum wife and toddler and show that traumatic birth experience on national TV. I hate him. 

And what is wrong with a Sara Hyland that she gave the OK for her new husband to jump out of a gigantic cardboard cake wearing an adult-sized onesie? She has a legitimate image to somewhat protect and this can’t be helping. On that note, I think the security guards were more excited about that gender reveal than the actual parents were. 

Edited by Bethanne
  • Love 5