Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E13: Season Finale

• Start Topic

Just now, Nowhere said:

I don’t like the term “slut-shamed” because the word “slut” is an insult. Having sex doesn’t make you a slut. Replace the word slut with any other slur and you’ll understand my confusion over the use of the word. I’m not a slut for having sex but I’m going to call myself one if you shame me for having sex. What? I don’t get it. 

I'm not saying I fully grasp it, but the concept is the same as queer and the n-word, both of which have been reclaimed by the communities in which those words were once used against as slurs.  

• Love 2

People have been asking Reality Steve what the status of some of the couples are since this was filmed on August 27th, nearly 3 weeks ago.   

Surprisingly,  Katie & Chris have worked on their relationship and are still together.   

JPJ and Tayshia are not 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I thought it was a bit awkward when Chris said it, but I am sure it was vetted in advance.  And I don’t think it is considered insulting anymore.   LGBT is now LGBTQ.   

What did he say? I've been flipping the channel so my brain doesn't explode.

Queer Eye for the Straight Guy sort of made that word less harsh to the general public, and sometimes someone will say "You queered the deal," but I would never call any of my gay friends "queer." To me, it's still insulting and in poor taste to use when there are other terms that are not questionable. JMHO.

• Love 3

They always choose the most “wholesome” guy as Bachelor. Every single one of these guys (Peter, Ben, Sean, Jake, etc.) I picture saying, “Oh, golly, gee whilikers, I can’t believe I’m the Bachelor!”

• LOL 8
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

They always choose the most “wholesome” guy as Bachelor. Every single one of these guys (Peter, Ben, Sean, Jake, etc.) I picture saying, “Oh, golly, gee whilikers, I can’t believe I’m the Bachelor!”

Such a dork.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, CindyBee said:

People have been asking Reality Steve what the status of some of the couples are since this was filmed on August 27th, nearly 3 weeks ago.   

Surprisingly,  Katie & Chris have worked on their relationship and are still together.   

JPJ and Tayshia are not 

Yet Tayshia tweeted to JPJ about 15 minutes ago and he answered lovingly. And supposedly she was with his sister tonight. Everyone on Twitter was questioning RS.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, JenMcSnark said:

I'm not saying I fully grasp it, but the concept is the same as queer and the n-word, both of which have been reclaimed by the communities in which those words were once used against as slurs.  

It is like the Annual Slut Walk that they used to have.   A cop told women to reduce the likelihood of race, they shouldn’t dress like sluts.   They reclaimed the word and shamed the cop who clearly didn’t know what he was talking about.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, DEL901 said:

There is something seriously weird about the sides of Peter’s hair.  

Every time Peter does something different with his hair or facial hair he becomes completely unrecognizable to me. Something about him reminds me of a LEGO like his hair is supposed to be removed and replaced with a different one instead of cut.

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

Katie is too emotional for a guy like Chris. They’ll never last. 

All I saw in the Chris and Katie relationship was that he is an emotional abuser. She needs to get out of that relationship as quickly as she can because she is being beaten down as though he were laying hands on her. There is absolutely no reason for her to have to tolerate that kind of nonsense. She needs to get out now, not next week, not next month, but now. He will destroy her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

When Katie said she just wanted the bare minimum from Chris I was just like WHY? Why would you be okay settling for that. Chris has been trying to tell her he is not the right person during BIP but she didn’t want to hear it. She needs to move on with dignity. 

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, b2H said:

There is absolutely no reason for her to have to tolerate that kind of nonsense. 

I noticed during his proposal that he said something like, "Everything up until now has been about getting to this moment." I'm paraphrasing but the key point was that he never mentioned her. Cynical me is wondering if this was the last piece of his redemption arc.

Women get fooled all the time into thinking they're the one who can change a guy. Don't fall in that trap, Katie. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 15

Ok, I am confused and perhaps this has been covered - what is the rush to be 'engaged' in just a couple of weeks?  Don't these couples want to spend some time together away from island life and get to know each other in the real world?  I am referring to Nicole and Clay.  I am on his side with this situation.  

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, bequialife said:

Ok, I am confused and perhaps this has been covered - what is the rush to be 'engaged' in just a couple of weeks?  Don't these couples want to spend some time together away from island life and get to know each other in the real world?  I am referring to Nicole and Clay.  I am on his side with this situation.  

False promises that it will lead to more fame and money. They’re delusional. And they have producers in their ear constantly pushing them to make decisions. At this point this show really is basically a cult. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

I think what she meant, and I could be wrong, is that the texts just made everything worse for her. People on SM said this isn't how someone who has been sexually abused, acts. There was a lot more as well( worse than that) that's why Blake shut it down, it didn't all go his way either.

Tptb on these shows don't care about Blake or Caelyn, they are just looking for the drama. CH acts like they are one big happy family, not so.

Maybe that's what she meant.  It just seemed to me that she was caught in a lie and was extremely emotional and she was using overly dramatic language to express herself.  In the context of what has happened to her in the past, however.. it just sounded wrong.  I don't think any of us can understand what she has been through, and I'm sure it affects how she processes emotions.  I hope she has a trusted professional she speaks with that helps her with coping mechanisms. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, GracieK said:

I don't think any of us can understand what she has been through, and I'm sure it affects how she processes emotions.  I hope she has a trusted professional she speaks with that helps her with coping mechanisms. 

Demi

Edited by Stan39
Fix
  • LOL 9
6 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

False promises that it will lead to more fame and money. They’re delusional. And they have producers in their ear constantly pushing them to make decisions. At this point this show really is basically a cult. 

Hmmm....makes sense.  Chris looked so unnatural with that nonsense.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

What did he say? I've been flipping the channel so my brain doesn't explode.

Queer Eye for the Straight Guy sort of made that word less harsh to the general public, and sometimes someone will say "You queered the deal," but I would never call any of my gay friends "queer." To me, it's still insulting and in poor taste to use when there are other terms that are not questionable. JMHO.

There are groups of people who consider themselves queer.  From what I understand people who are queer are open to loving anyone regardless of sex biological or chosen.  They consider themseves more than bisexual as they are open to relationships with transgender, those who consider themselves to be neither male nor female ect. . . . .

I'm of an older generation and don't really understand all this gender stuff, but it's not offensive just different.

• Love 6

I don't know if I'm just not listening closely enough but Katie is so inarticulate. I don't even know what she's upset about half the time. I really disliked Chris on his previous seasons but he seems like a new man - loving, respectful, attentive. Is she a drama queen? If she's giving the ring back now, this will not last. I felt really bad for Chris.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

I don't know if I'm just not listening closely enough but Katie is so inarticulate. I don't even know what she's upset about half the time. I really disliked Chris on his previous seasons but he seems like a new man - loving, respectful, attentive. Is she a drama queen? If she's giving the ring back now, this will not last. I felt really bad for Chris.

Yes.

We may be the only ones but I felt bad for him too. It was like she was just trying to sabotage him. Fame whoring at its best. 

• Love 15

Katie should be concentrating on what is going on now and not worrying that he didn’t love her two seconds after she walked into paradise.

Peter looks just like my grandma ‘s old favorite Pat Boone. He was considered wholesome too ( don’t know if he did anything in windmills ).

Kristian reminded me of Charlize Theron tonight. Wish them well but still don’t trust Demi.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, bequialife said:

Yes, they can either get engaged after a few weeks together,  or walk away and never see each other again.  How does that make sense?

1 hour ago, TomGirl said:

I have never thought Dean was attractive, but tonight I thought he looked positively ugly.

Yeah, he looks like a loser who sleeps in a van.

• LOL 8
  • Love 10

Oh Chris, you sad, reluctant penguin. Why do him and Blake do this to themselves? They look miserable and as if they dread any interaction with (especially their) women.

Blake releasing the texts was foul and petty, but from what I can remember they were just Caelynn acting horny and Blake halfheartedly trying to ignore her begging for sex, so it's not like anything super personal was posted. It's weird how these people fuck and then pretend to be friends and then continue to argue over the two weeks they were fucking months later while their current partners look on and also continue to maintain a quasi-associate relationship with their exes because they've all sold their careers/souls to this incestuous whirlpool.

Kind of strange Demi treats Derek like her brother now that he's been demoted to Official Lesbro when they sucked face for two weeks. But hey, her engagement was cute.

Sad to hear that JPJ and Tayshia fizzled out already. I still have a lingering crush on that snotty buffoon.

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Yes.

We may be the only ones but I felt bad for him too. It was like she was just trying to sabotage him. Fame whoring at its best. 

Remember when katie lost her mind just telling wills she couldn’t go on a date? I was mortified for her the way she acted— to go on national tv and essentially shame him into putting the ring back on and Chris Harrison chiding him “ be the man i know you are” that’s a lot of pressure . For whatever issues Chris has, that’s a lot of pressure and now if they break up “ bachelor nation will be upset with him” bad situation .

by the way the tv i was watching on last nite had closed captioning and when Kristina came out it. Said “ scattered boos” lol 

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Tayshia, Hannah G., and Demi are just really, really pretty I must say.  Colton had some great choices.

LOLLLLLLLL Is it my imagination or did N O B O D Y cheer for Kristina?  I fucking love it!

Dean what the fuck are you wearing Babe

My closed caption said “ scattered boos” for Kristina!! Lol

• LOL 5

WHAT THE AWKWARD THERAPY SESH?!! WHATEVER that was with Katie & Chris.... just. DON'T. I didn't quite understand it, no matter how many times it was repeated, but if it hasn't been resolved by now, just LET IT GO.

• Love 9

Something off with Evan and Carly, when you look at them versus Jade&Tanner sitting next to them. I don't even think they hugged each other when they heard it was a boy.

Edited by Artsda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Something off with Evan and Carly, when you look at them versus Jade&Tanner sitting next to them. I don't even think they hugged each other when they heard it was a boy.

There has been talk about them. Nothing concrete. Fans picking up on things from social media.  There’s some discussion about it in the BIP spoiler thread. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

This show.  Chris Harrison has the official mantra down pat, "The women are always right and the men are always wrong."  Stick with that and Bachelor Nation (exemplified by that ridiculous audience) will stay loyal.

Caelyn is a liar.  If she can straight up lie about Blake,  and then, after the lie is exposed, still make him the bad guy for defending himself and hand-waving her lie as okay because "I was feeling sad."  Then I can't believe a single word she says.  I'm just done with looking at her snot covered upper lip.

I'm also wondering when Mike was elected the official Bachelor Nation judge.  He has now ruled on several cases.  He has declared Blake the guilty party in  Caelyn vs Blake, and he declared Luke P as so guilty in the Luke P vs Hannah case that his apology could not be accepted.  I don't remember his ruling on Jordan vs Christian but I was kind of hoping Jordan would punch him.

I'm going to watch The Bachelor for the fun of watching 25 women fight over a guy with zero sex appeal. This should be a good test of the Stockholm syndrome effect.  I just hope the show buys him a suit that  fits so he can give that one back to his little brother.

I love you Judy (does that make me queer?)

• LOL 11
  • Love 2