Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: The Iron Throne

Message added by Athena

No Book Talk. AT ALL.

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

Oh, THAT's who that was. I had no idea. Thanks!

Actually Robin has possibilities.  Now someone tell who the dude on the far right was.  Pleas?

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, GSManiac said:

Damn Robin Arryan had a major glow up. Wow...

Didn't he? I wondered if it was the same actor.

5 minutes ago, kieyra said:

Fuck Bronn. 

I really hated that he got his castle and title at the end. Still as smug, annoying and pointless as ever.

How did they get rid of the Dothraki? Where did Drogon and Daenerys go? Interesting that the dragon realized that the Iron throne ultimately was responsible for his mother's death.

It was fine. I'll miss the show and most of the characters, but I'm glad I don't have to be conflicted about Sundays anymore.

• Love 15

Boooooringgg!!  And I thought the ending to LOTR was long and drawn out. 

Brienne writing about Jaime was basically Wikipedia. 

If the North could stay independent why couldn’t the other six kingdoms?  And why would the Northmen not want to bend a knee to Bran Stark?  

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Advance35 said:

I don't care about anything else. I'm just psyched Sansa is an honest to goodness Queen.  

Her dress was awesome.

Looked a whole lot like Cersei's wardrobe. 

• Love 8
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

So ... what is Arya going to do? Wander the world and make new people on her kill list?

Ummmm....Explorer and Pirate Queen. 

Jon is the King Beyond the Wall. Sansa is the Queen in the North. Bran is the King of the Seven Six Kingdoms.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Kanner said:

I have to say it Robin grew up very nicely. 

Seriously!

I wonder if Sansa might be rethinking Lysa’s offer of a marriage. “Yo, you don’t seem so sickly, anymore.”

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

I didn't like the finale, but it did amuse me that these idiots have learned nothing.  Did they ask the people in Westeros who are still alive (by some miracle) who they wanted be King or Queen or if they wanted that kind of ruler at all?  Nope.  They just appointed a new King, and are right back where they started.  All these morons accomplished was getting a lot of people killed.

Well, yes. That’s the point. This shit goes on and on. They talked about asking the common folk and then laughed themselseves silly , and then immediately started sniping at the council table.

• Love 8
(edited)

So Bron is the new Little Finger?  I'm assuming that Grey Worm is not really going to Naath, but up north to take out the former Jon Snow. 

Edited by mjc570
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Well I generally hated it.

God help Westeros. Bran the Broken and Tyrion the Incompetent.

I’m glad Arya and Jon escaped. Who would have thunk that Tormund and his little crow would be the ship that sailed? Jon hugging Ghost was my high point. 

Glad Sansa was able to keep the North independent and I think she will rule well.

• Love 17

My feelings are a little mixed, and part of that I think comes just from having the level of expectations that no show could possibly meet. I was also disapointed by Avengers: Endgame, so there's that...

There were a lot of really good moments here. Dany, unquestionably, had to die. There was no question that she would have launched a reign of terror over the world because only she got to decide how people should live. And it was right that Jon fulfilled his greatest duty by saving the world. His reward... back to the wall where it looks like he was immediately made Lord Commander again and then went beyond the wall with the Wildlings. My headcannon is totally having him as Lord Commander of the Nights Watch and King Beyond the Wall. You can't talk me out of it. Go get yourself a girl kissed by fire, Jon. You've earned it.

Tyrion is stuck being Hand to a king that will be so lost up his own asshole that he's basically running the kingdom. We went in five minutes from watching GOT to CSPAN. Welcome to governence, folks. Boring and messy.

Loved Brianne ensuring that Jamie's entire legacy not be forgotten. And Arya sets off on the life of adventure that she always dreamed of without the taint of being a Faceless Man.

Drogon and Ghost as the best, most loyal pets ever. Glad that in the end, Jon reunited with Ghost and will have lots of fun adventures playing in the snow together.

Sansa got what she wanted. Yay, I guess. Gonna get interesting when she turns eighty and there's no heir because she won't marry.

Bran as king? Well, I guess the choice made sense since it made practically no one happy.

Yay... the Unsullied and the Dothraki are leaving. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

It's been a long, strange ride. Really going to need to look at the series as a whole and how the final season fits in to make a real judgement if it's a fitting conclusion or not. Endings are always difficult and never really satisfying. But I think they got a lot more right here than wrong.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, screamin said:

Bran commissioned her to discover America, I suppose. Though he could just take a long look and tell her what's there if he felt like it.

Yep, and it had the Stark flag on it. 

• Love 13

Early thoughts....I didn't think it was that bad! I'm more mad at myself because while I watched I was all "the internet isn't going to be happy with that", instead of just enjoying it.

I think the season was way too rushed. Ten or 8 episodes would have served it so much better, but I'm pleased with the ending, especially as a Stark fan.  I even kind of dug Bran this episode and he usually annoys me. I'm glad they all got to say a good bye to each other. ST, KH and MW  work very well as siblings to me.

I was satisfied with Brienne and Davos' ending also.

Bronn however so wasn't needed, him still being around annoyed. 

I loved the ending montage. The music and the cutting between, Jon, Sansa and Arya? Beautiful.

• Love 18

I liked the scene with Tyrian and his small council of friends. He finally has someone to tell jokes with. I believe he started telling the same joke he tried with Gray Worm a few seasons back.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, kieyra said:

She didn’t want a Stark on the Melty Throne, she wanted independence for the North. That’s been her arc for a while, and it was nice to see her get it after everything she’s been through. 

I absolutely loved her coronation. Nobody has worked as hard as Sansa for an independent North. I believe she would have asked the same of Jon if he was named King. 

My hope for her is that she gets to be the Elizabeth of the North. After all she has been through I don't think she ever wants to be with a man again. 

When Arya gets done traveling she can settle (not marry) and have babies with Gendry, babies who will be Starks or maybe even after Bran pardons Jon, then Sansa can give him the Stark name and Jon's children could be her heirs. 

• Love 19
(edited)
11 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

I didn't like the finale, but it did amuse me that these idiots have learned nothing.  Did they ask the people in Westeros who are still alive (by some miracle) who they wanted be King or Queen or if they wanted that kind of ruler at all?  Nope.  They just appointed a new King, and are right back where they started.  All these morons accomplished was getting a lot of people killed.

Not quite. They've established a system where a king (or queen) is appointed by the ruling families - not inherited by birthright. It's not yet democracy, but it's heading in that direction.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21

Mixed feelings. I'm happy to know how it ended, and I think most of the plot points would have been fine/good with more build-up. I didn't get that "everything's falling into place" feeling I wanted so much as it just felt like a bunch of stuff happened.

Not thrilled with the politics around Dany overall, happy for Sansa, touched that Brienne said Jaime died protecting his queen, confused about Arya, stealth shipping Jon and Tormund now for some reason.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Lola82 said:

I liked the scene with Tyrian and his small council of friends. He finally has someone to tell jokes with. I believe he started telling the same joke he tried with Gray Worm a few seasons back.

He started that same joke back in season one when he was held prisoner at the Eyrie by Lysa.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, mjc570 said:

So Bron is the new Little Finger?  I'm assuming that Grey Worm is not really going to Naath, but up north to take out the former Jon Snow. 

I believe if Grey Worm was going to kill Jon, he would have done it when he had him in captivity for weeks. I found the fact that he *didn’t* to be hard to believe, but I guess he’s supposed to have chosen peace. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Sansa being Queen in the North was my favorite part. Missed Lady Mormont though. 😞

How the eff did Bron get a seat on the council? He was a Lannister man. 

Bran as king? Ugh! Why? The kid playing his just plain creepy looking.

After the Dothraki and the No-balls leave, would Jon be free to do whatever he wants? 

Loved the series for a great ride for many years.

If Lady Mormont was still alive, she might have given Sansa a run for her money. She would certainly keep Sansa on her toes.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

Loved the ending! The Starks finally came out on top! Yay!

I was a little bit worried for Jon, but when they said he was going to the Night's Watch I knew he would be okay because there wasn't any Night's Watch, just free folk living beyond the wall doing their own thing.

• Love 13