Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

This and Jinger’s wedding (less so) are the only ones that look like a celebration of love and partnership.  Josie Bates has some amazing photos as well, you can tell those two love each other.  The rest all look like business transactions with pretty dresses.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

How many sisters does she have?  I spotted 2 definite ones in her wedding party and have spotted to possible definites as well.

20181115_134458.thumb.png.ef83ffa3dde0f4c2bf81821d44771c67.png

She has 4 sisters and they were all bridesmaids.

• Love 9
23 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Nice pictures, and it seems like she had a nice voice. Video cut out on me ?

If you liked her voice, you should go to YouTube and listen to the VEVO video of her family (The Collingsworth Family) singing “At Calvary”.  They’re very, very talented singers and instrumentalists.

• Love 2

It would be so much better if these people could do at least some kind of dancing! There are sooooo many types that are wholesome and don't require a lot of contact. What about line dancing? Square dancing? Ballroom (and I'm not talking about sexy dancing with the stars ballroom, but more pride and prejudice era ballroom). What about tap dancing? Is hearing someone do a rhythm with their feet really such an extreme turn-on? I just don't get it! There are TONS of types of dancing besides grinding, slow dancing, and sassy things like jazz 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

So where are these pictures of the guests?  I saw the ones of JD and Abbie, but I did not see the little kids, or Erin Bates.

If you click on the link with Olivia's Instagram pics, the 8th one has Chad & Erin (along with a very unhappy baby).  

JD & Abbie look genuinely happy in their photos.  I love the kiss on the forehead.  Mr. Six does that, and our photographer happened to get a shot while we were at the altar after the ceremony.  It was done in black & white and is my favorite one of the whole day.  

Jessa & Anna could use some of Jeremy's perceived fashion sense.  Anna looks like she's ready to go skiing in a skirt, and Jessa looks like she raided Mr. Roger's closet.  They have kids, they're tired, I get it.  But, it's a wedding for crying out loud.  

• Love 17
5 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

If you liked her voice, you should go to YouTube and listen to the VEVO video of her family (The Collingsworth Family) singing “At Calvary”.  They’re very, very talented singers and instrumentalists.

Probably puts the Duggar and Rodriguii clans to shame!

Abbie and her sisters look so much alike!  

@Christina87 I’m laughing thinking about tap dancing as an extreme turn on for them!  ?

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Christina87 said:

It would be so much better if these people could do at least some kind of dancing! There are sooooo many types that are wholesome and don't require a lot of contact. What about line dancing? Square dancing? Ballroom (and I'm not talking about sexy dancing with the stars ballroom, but more pride and prejudice era ballroom). What about tap dancing? Is hearing someone do a rhythm with their feet really such an extreme turn-on? I just don't get it! There are TONS of types of dancing besides grinding, slow dancing, and sassy things like jazz 

Trying to put it all into perspective as one with zero dance talent...there's something about moving to music which implies some degree of a loss of control. Even swaying or tapping your feet is almost impossible to suppress, and I think that's what frightens them. Their cult is so all about denying oneself normal human responses because such fundamental things must be part of that "sin nature" handed down since the days of Adam, Eve and the serpent that there's no more scope for finding enjoyment in dance movement outside of some proscribed arena than there is for sex. But since there's no sacrament associated with dance it remains verboten. It might fall under the canopy of reactions permitted to married couples in private, but there's no room for even the discussion of it outside.

• Love 15
14 hours ago, sixlets said:

If you click on the link with Olivia's Instagram pics, the 8th one has Chad & Erin (along with a very unhappy baby).  

JD & Abbie look genuinely happy in their photos.  I love the kiss on the forehead.  Mr. Six does that, and our photographer happened to get a shot while we were at the altar after the ceremony.  It was done in black & white and is my favorite one of the whole day.  

Jessa & Anna could use some of Jeremy's perceived fashion sense.  Anna looks like she's ready to go skiing in a skirt, and Jessa looks like she raided Mr. Roger's closet.  They have kids, they're tired, I get it.  But, it's a wedding for crying out loud.  

And once again the Bates girls win the well dressed contest we hold everytime there is an event. They never look messy or out of place. They understand it's church not a thrifting outing. Step up Jessa. I'm really disappointed that your are so young but are starting to look like your mother in the clothes department.....and get a haircut you desperately NEED it!

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

And once again the Bates girls win the well dressed contest we hold everytime there is an event. They never look messy or out of place. They understand it's church not a thrifting outing. Step up Jessa. I'm really disappointed that your are so young but are starting to look like your mother in the clothes department.....and get a haircut you desperately NEED it!

I agree!!! It drives me up the wall how Jessa will look so cute / nice for the most mundane event, but then frumps it up when it counts!!! I've seen her wearing nicer clothes to work out or go to Walmart than she wore to JD's wedding! It's like she has no concept of what's appropriate. I'm sure most of us, in our everyday lives, have a certain type of outfit set aside for work or whatever, and we usually wear, say, slacks and a blouse, but then one day we really want to look cute and wear a nicer dress. That's what I see Jessa doing, without regards to the occasion. It's either "I wanna look nice today" or "I don't." If she was just eschewing fundies rules, like wearing a nice pair of pants to the wedding, I'd be cheering her on! But as much as they're supposed to look nice, I don't see her choice of attire as rebelling; it's just pure laziness and ignorance. As Stacy London ALWAYS says, "it takes just as much time and energy to put on a nice outfit as it does a frumpy one!" Even as a busy mother to two boys, Jessa could have slipped on a decent dress instead of that mess, and it would have taken her exactly the same amount of time!

Jessa chooses to wear this to work out:

IMG_6666.PNG

But this for engagement photos:

IMG_6667.PNG

• Love 11
20 hours ago, Christina87 said:

But...... a BOOB might bounce!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I agree!!! It drives me up the wall how Jessa will look so cute / nice for the most mundane event, but then frumps it up when it counts!!! 

Jessa is too young to have let herself go. She looked great in her last baby announcement and at Amy's wedding. Where are those dresses? I know she likes being comfortable, but come on.Screenshot_20181116-130441.thumb.jpg.159a30c18b9b704ea4af87334aa19678.jpgScreenshot_20181116-130656.jpg.34fb548bbc754f8200e8be28124cdab5.jpg

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jessa is too young to have let herself go. She looked great in her last baby announcement and at Amy's wedding. Where are those dresses? I know she likes being comfortable, but come on.Screenshot_20181116-130441.thumb.jpg.159a30c18b9b704ea4af87334aa19678.jpgScreenshot_20181116-130656.jpg.34fb548bbc754f8200e8be28124cdab5.jpg

I guess I am just old. It looks like her slip is showing. Buy a longer dress, Jessa. Or better yet, let your damn knees show. 

Edited by AnnieBeez
Fixed a typo
  • Love 19

Yeah, strange that they’d both happen to have white lacey panels in the bottom. Neither dress was too short to begin with. 

Go Abbie’s sister!  Wedding dancing, jeans, and an employed husband!  What a high bar we’ve set!

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I only wear skirts below the knees mid calf and I’ve never had to sew a panel on, and I’m taller than all the Duggar girls. IMO the modesty panels are for attention. 

Absolutely.  I'm 5'5", taller than most Duggars, and it is almost impossible NOT to buy a dress or skirt that comes to mid-calf, no matter what length it is meant to be.  I think they deliberately lop the bottoms off their skirts and add the dust ruffle to call attention to their faux modesty.  They don't seem to do it often these days, which only confirms to me that it was an affectation, not a necessity.

• Love 18
11 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I think it is part of the dress, but looks ridiculous (and slip-like).

It was fundie fashion for a year or two when Jessa was wearing those dresses.  Half slips with the ruffles and lace were sold to intentionally be worn as dress extenders.  Thankfully the life for that fashion don't was relatively brief.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

It was fundie fashion for a year or two when Jessa was wearing those dresses.  Half slips with the ruffles and lace were sold to intentionally be worn as dress extenders.  Thankfully the life for that fashion don't was relatively brief.  

I don't think that Jessa is wearing a slip with ruffles, though.  Looking at it up close, the bottom follows the hem of the dress exactly, it is a part of it, not underneath.  With both dresses, the margin of ruffle showing is exactly the same all the way around and you can see the seam where it was attached to the original dress.  An extended slip underneath a regular dress wouldn't look like this.

• Love 6

Yes, well the fashion also extended a bit to making dresses with the ruffles attached.  I didn't bother looking to see which Jessa was wearing.  Yes, some crazy people made clothes that looked as if a white slip was hanging out.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Kendra also has a few dresses with the dust ruffle hem.  She may have been wearing one at Joy's birthday party. 

i liked Kendra's dress with the petticoat ruffle. The difference is that Kendra had about 1" of ruffle showing as a cute accent to her dress instead of the 6-12" of ostentatious "look at how modest I am!" fabric hanging out of the bottom of the skirt.

• Love 9
22 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

She looks idiotic.

In the polka-dot dust ruffle dress, she looks like she's on QVC selling a Charlie Brown Xmas tree in a bag. Move over, Marie Osmond.

7 hours ago, Barb23 said:

dust ruffle hem

Love this so much. The horrendous sandals that go everywhere with her look exactly like their name...brown (eww) thong underwear from Victoria's Secret strapped to her feet.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, awaken said:

Ugh, the ubiquitous brown sandals!  When will they finally die?!

They may have. Those are older photos. ETA, I don’t hate those sandals. I have seen worse. I wear thong sandals in warm weather so I don’t view them as fashion felonies. IMO Duggars have been photographed wearing uglier shoes than those. YMMV of course.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Puffin said:

I hope they had more food than this? Otherwise uh everyone gets a piece of fruit or a marshmallow dipped in chocolate, I'd be starving. 

tumblr_piadmdGoKF1qet7nn_1280.jpg

It's such a tight shot - could it be that there were more food stations around the hangar?  We really can't see the entire room.  

• Love 5

It needs repeating it seems, but the reception was mid-afternoon and not at a regular meal time so hopefully no one is starving between meals.  This type reception is more of a snack than a meal.  Other photos show additional foods of a breakfast type being provided.  That photo was merely a close up of the chocolate fountain.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Absolom said:

It needs repeating it seems, but the reception was mid-afternoon and not at a regular meal time so hopefully no one is starving between meals.  This type reception is more of a snack than a meal.  Other photos show additional foods of a breakfast type being provided.  That photo was merely a close up of the chocolate fountain.

Thanks Absolom. I remember other posters saying they had a breakfast buffet I was hoping it was more than this, so good to know they had other food there. 

• Love 3