Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

On 1/12/2019 at 3:38 PM, ginger90 said:

2 pictures 

I don't think I have ever seen JD look so cute.  I've always thought he would make a sweet, loyal and hardworking husband.  Hopefully he and Abbie put the brakes on the baby train and spend some time getting to know each other.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I don't think I have ever seen JD look so cute.  I've always thought he would make a sweet, loyal and hardworking husband.  Hopefully he and Abbie put the brakes on the baby train and spend some time getting to know each other.

I don't think that will happen. 

• Love 17
On 1/3/2019 at 11:58 AM, madpsych78 said:

My extended family is pretty large and this is true (i.e., three pairs of family members share the same birthdays, two on January 11th, two on April 19th, and two on July 14th).

Alas, I am the only one in my family whose birthday is in February. And I don't think anyone has a birthday in November.

I have a fairly large extended family too and while we don't have a bunch with the same birth dates we do have quite a bit that share the same month. However my cousin has 4 kids and 2-3 of them share an exact birthday with other people in the family which is kinda interesting and odd.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Of all the things they keep doing on the cheap is haircuts? What are they saving, $60 bucks a year?

I don't know price of haircuts in Arkansas, but where I live, they average about $25 a cut.  So a cut every six weeks or so would add up to about $200/year.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

I don't know price of haircuts in Arkansas, but where I live, they average about $25 a cut.  So a cut every six weeks or so would add up to about $200/year.

In my area haircuts for men are as low as $10 - $15. Women's are far more expensive.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

In my area haircuts for men are as low as $10 - $15. Women's are far more expensive.

You can get decent haircuts for women for $11-15 plus tip here in the upper Midwest, if you use a coupon. The quality depends largely on the person doing the cutting. I get a haircut every two to three months. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Of all the things they keep doing on the cheap is haircuts? What are they saving, $60 bucks a year?

Duh one of the barbers might be a woman can’t have no strange women touching their precious husband. 

• Love 19
9 hours ago, Puffin said:

Duh one of the barbers might be a woman can’t have no strange women touching their precious husband. 

Or they might run their fingers seductively through the man’s hair as they wash it. Definitely to be avoided!  

• Love 13
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

JD said Jana was the only one who cut his hair. Was she too busy in her nook to teach Abbie?

Maybe they were filming some "sharing very special secrets just between couples wink wink" show segment. 

The lesser beings unmarried would be banned from that. 

• Love 10
On 2/5/2019 at 6:14 AM, GeeGolly said:

JD said Jana was the only one who cut his hair. Was she too busy in her nook to teach Abbie?

I’m primarily just comforted that the twins were allowed to spend time together!

• Love 8

I  don't see a new season thread so I just threw this here, since the new episode is primarily Abby and JD.

While I watched the show, (early using TLCgo, casting into my TV), I had to keep asking myself if this was really a new show.

It was nothing new!  We have seen all this somewhere before!  TLC snipits or Instagram.

Edited by louannems
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Zahdii said:

I don't watch this show, but it sounds like TLC did what a lot of other shows are doing:  adding a minute amount of new footage to a clip show and calling it a NEW EPISODE.

The proposal was new, wasn't it? In any case, @BitterApple, you can watch it over on watchseries.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

6D13048A-8DA7-4549-ADDA-A1C54DB09D23.jpeg

Yeah, they sure look happy. 

But, frankly, it's pitiful. 

They were locked in conceptual -- and nearly literal -- cages and watched all the time lest they, you know, touch themselves or make a friend or want to go to college or -- dog forbid -- have a conversation with someone of the opposite sex.  

Now they're out. And encouraged to have sex. No wonder they're smiling till their teeth fall out. 

But they still probably haven't made more than a choice or two that was entirely their own in their whole lives. Nor will they, if Jim Bob gets his way. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

It breaks my heart that a pair of late 20-somethings have NEVER had a “sweetheart” (🤮) on Valentines Day, and that they never did as single people.  They look very happy & actually in love, unlike many of these people, but still that is TRAGIC. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, sleepysuzy said:

I can see it being negative because the perception that they had no other choice than to do things this way, but I don't think being in your late 20s and being married on your first Valentine's day as a couple is awful, because I did the same. I thought of myself as asexual and aromantic until I fell for my husband, whom I met when I was 25. We didn't start dating until I was 27 (in spring), and got married seven months later (late fall). He was 31. 

We were actually together on the Valentine's day before we got married, but just as friends. He was fixing my car for me. 

Unlike this couple, I had been living alone for years before dating my husband. We were not pressured to marry quickly, and we did kiss before marriage. Still, he is my only "Valentine" ever, ten years later. Since that aspect of their relationship reminds me of my own, I find it sweet, not tragic. JD seemed content to wait, like me, and Abbey was working as a nurse, while I was teaching. 

I agree with what you’re saying @sleepysuzy; not trying to speak for @heckkitty- but the difference between you and JD/Abby was that you distinctly CHOSE not to engage in romance etc because you wanted to, and when you met your husband you did because of how you felt about him. Had you wanted an active sexual and romantic life before that it was open and available to you. Compared to JD/Abby this wasn’t a choice they made knowing that all sorts of relationships and life experiences were possible for them. It was an arrangement forced on them by their cultural milieu. 

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

but the difference between you and JD/Abby was that you distinctly CHOSE not to engage in romance etc because you wanted to, and when you met your husband you did because of how you felt about him. Had you wanted an active sexual and romantic life before that it was open and available to you. Compared to JD/Abby this wasn’t a choice they made knowing that all sorts of relationships and life experiences were possible for them. It was an arrangement forced on them by their cultural milieu. 

Exactly

• Love 8

I think if JD had wanted to be married and screwing his brains out at 19, he would have.  I think he could have had his pick of attractive and appropriate fundie girls to start breeding with. 

10 years ago, the Duggars were golden.....cash cows for TLC, huge show audiences and while viewed as very different by most mainstream folks, untainted by incestual conduct within the ranks and no married-in freaks (i.e. Deertick) spouting ignorant and vicious crap about other kids on their network. 

I also think JD wanted to do things, like flying, being a constable, etc.  And I think he found his woman when he wanted to find her.  And she appears to be a good choice if the words & photos hold true. 

Spending your teen years/early 20's mired in some candy-coated, hearts & flowers Hallmark channel version of "romance" is very poor preparation for a real, authentic marriage.  To my eyes, JD seems to be the only one who's gotten it right so far.  But they may end up miserable like half the marriages out there, so there's no telling.    

• Love 14
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

I think if JD had wanted to be married and screwing his brains out at 19, he would have.  I think he could have had his pick of attractive and appropriate fundie girls to start breeding with. 

10 years ago, the Duggars were golden.....cash cows for TLC, huge show audiences and while viewed as very different by most mainstream folks, untainted by incestual conduct within the ranks and no married-in freaks (i.e. Deertick) spouting ignorant and vicious crap about other kids on their network. 

I also think JD wanted to do things, like flying, being a constable, etc.  And I think he found his woman when he wanted to find her.  And she appears to be a good choice if the words & photos hold true. 

Spending your teen years/early 20's mired in some candy-coated, hearts & flowers Hallmark channel version of "romance" is very poor preparation for a real, authentic marriage.  To my eyes, JD seems to be the only one who's gotten it right so far.  But they may end up miserable like half the marriages out there, so there's no telling.    

If JD didn’t want to be married right now he wouldn’t be. As the eldest son after Josh’s fuck ups he had more freedom than any of the older children without being burdened by the childcare duties Jana had. 

I also think if JD wanted to leave the fold he would have. 

They look happy like any number of young newlyweds. I think they are more likely to have a peaceful life together than Josiah and Lauren or Jill and Derrick. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, leighdear said:

Bwah! Deertick! That's just gold! You win at least this corner of the internet for the evening!

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
On 2/16/2019 at 2:44 PM, leighdear said:

JB makes the decision when his kids court and get married. He got to choose certain professions because daddy approved his picks and because JB benefits from the jobs. I also do not think JD got it right  because he is so happy. As long as he lets himself and Abby be promoted as the new hot Duggar couple and daddy pays for the planes he flys, JB still is running his life.

39 minutes ago, SoupyShoes said:

TLC has a video and picture up from JD and Abbie's honeymoon in Finland. They went to Finland because SHE wanted to go to Finland. Also, she's wearing pants. I continue to be impressed by this couple.

https://www.tlcme.com/shows/counting-on/articles/john-david-and-abbie-duggar-s-chilly-honeymoon-

they did mention that they had a warm weather honeymoon first so this is the TLC funded trip. Interesting place to go. I would love to go there. 

• Love 6

I don't  think they wanted to allow cameras to their first honeymoon but tlc needed footage for the new season, so they arranged a 2nd one. I think they went to Hawaii for the first one.

Edited by Lunera
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I also like it that Abbie picked Finland, but I'm skeptical about her deserving 100 percent of the credit.

I'm pretty sure TLC would have given them a list of spots to pick from for the filmable wedding. They try hard to be economical with the shows, I'm sure, and those vacation locations can be pricey if they don't get deals.  

They've pretty clearly chosen honeymoon destinations in the past based on which places offered the best deal in return for getting flattering tourism TeeVee footage aired widely. Tourism destinations routinely make pushes like that to get cheap publicity -- and have it not even look like ads. 

In the case of a Duggarling couple who is reluctant to have the thing filmed or who actually has some interest in traveling and wants input, I'd say it's about 100 percent certain that TLC hands them a shortlist of places the network can get cheap. And nothing in Scandinavia would be on that list unless that place was currently offering publicity discounts! Scandinavian travel tends to be pricey. 

Abbie probably wanted something in the north, maybe specifically in northern Europe, and Finland was running a sale (which they would do, because they've largely been left out of the way-north Europe travel trend and I'm sure they'd like to get some of the cash, too), so Finland was it. I do agree with others that I'm glad a Duggarling or marryer-in cared enough about traveling to give any input. It's mega-refreshing to see somebody in that clan being interested in something beyond their own nose .... and probably a good sign for that person's children.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9