Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

How would the commenter know how swollen his throat was? 

Absolutely no idea- maybe pickles was the commenter on her own post. I didn’t pay any attention to the name.  And I’m not going back over to that page tonight. Once was enough 

• Love 2
On 12/22/2018 at 12:16 PM, Barb23 said:

This has always amazed me too. I don't wish diseases or ill health on anyone but as one who was diagnosed with a nasty disease when I was just  23, it makes me mad that they seemed to have dodged the health problems bullet. 

It does seem very odd. I often think of how poorly I would fare in that family, with my migraines. One of my BIGGEST triggers is canned soup; Hahahaha! I doubt they would have made any accommodation for me, or maybe just would have made me eat even worse crap, like JB's gross sandwiches. No possible way they would have done what my mom did and learned to cook healthier food, substituting ingredients. They are lucky that nobody has a serious food intolerance, not to mention something worse like diabetes!

• Love 6

A distant relative (who was invited to and attended the wedding) posted on FJ that it was another Duggar who had been in the hospital, and that Pickles didn't know WTF she was talking about (surprise, surprise). She did say it was possible JD had been in the hospital also, but she had no knowledge of it. Apparently, Deanna was sighted making a visit to a local neuro ICU.

• Love 8

We talk about everything on here, even toilet paper as one of the Mods predicted we would. We're private chatters who bonded over a wacky family. Pickles is an odd duck. I'm not sure I understand why she formed an FB page to slam perfect strangers.

Who is she and what's her explanation of why she has an FB hate page?

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Christina87 said:

It does seem very odd. I often think of how poorly I would fare in that family, with my migraines. One of my BIGGEST triggers is canned soup; Hahahaha! I doubt they would have made any accommodation for me, or maybe just would have made me eat even worse crap, like JB's gross sandwiches. No possible way they would have done what my mom did and learned to cook healthier food, substituting ingredients. They are lucky that nobody has a serious food intolerance, not to mention something worse like diabetes!

In an episode of 19 kids, JB and Josh were both tested and found to be pre-diabetic.  Who knows, by now Josh may be full on diabetic.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I seem to recall someone posting that Pickles was not going to “release” other information unless the Duggar family did. 

So, she proceeded to say that JD had mono and another malady that slips my mind at the moment. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Christina87 said:

That sounds like an MSG trigger. I have that one too. 

• Love 2

I don't know why everyone seems to think Kendra is going to get preggo super soon! Kendra and I were due on the same day ( tho she went early and I went late) and I haven't even gotten my period back. If she is breastfeeding she likely hasn't either. She probably isn't like Michelle and weaning baby early just to conceive. 

I think Abbie would be more likely to get pregnant before Kendra, but hopefully her and JD will wait a little while to get to know each other like Jeremy and Jinger

• Love 5
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:41 PM, Zella said:

You're right! November 5 for them. 

They really like early November weddings, apparently.

Maybe off-season discounts if they're not going to get freebies? :/

Tardy to the party on this one.  They got engaged during my busy season (of life) at work, and I have to slack off on my snarking.

Whoever has the November 5th anniversary means I have to share mine with a Duggar.  Blech.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:50 PM, CalicoKitty said:

Growing up, there were 4 of us in my family. Between my mom, dad, brother and myself, three of us had birthdays in April.  Throw in Easter (when it fell in April), and it was always a busy month for us.  Date clusters happen even in small families.

My grandfather shared a birthday with one of his grandsons.  One of my Uncles shares a birthday with one of his Nephews.  And my Grammy I and were less than a week apart.  We have a relatively small family, so it does happen.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:02 AM, awaken said:

She may have been a CNA in a nursing home while getting her LPN, that might add to the years. 

I don't know if it applies to her - not sure if she was homeschooled (assuming she was) but Oklahoma runs a program where high school students can graduate with a CNA certification.  My cousin did this, got her LPN after one year of college, and is working toward her RN.  It worked out really well because she can work in the medical field while working for her higher certifications.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:30 PM, wait.what said:

No disrespect to LPNs. I work with some truly awesome LPNs. (I work at a hospital that DOES hire LPNs.)

No disrespect to nursing home nurses, but it is a different skill set than working in a hospital setting. Not harder, not easier. Just different. 

Also: LPN programs do not have any college requirements. 

You don't need college for an LPN here.  You just need a technical class.  We have LPN schools that do their concentration in just that.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:12 AM, BitterApple said:

Yeah, so far I'm not impressed. The guests have me baffled as well. I see jeans, untucked shirts, "business casual" attire and dressy dresses. If you showed someone that picture and asked them to guess what type of event was happening, they probably couldn't tell you.

I think pancakes would've been appropriate for a morning wedding, but for late afternoon? They would've been better off with deli trays. 

People could have either dressed down for the reception, or they were told it was a more "come as you are" type thing.  I have family in OK, and I see photos of weddings, and they're all pretty causal affairs.  As for Deli Trays, they're really expensive anymore, unless you make your own using meats purchased at bulk pricing, or at someplace like Costco.  I do volunteer work, and the cost for deli trays for our holiday party were ludicrous, and we called around.  This year, we eliminated them, and had officers all bring a crock pot of soup or a hot dish, and it worked out much better - we saved quite a bit of money, and everyone was happy.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:03 AM, lookeyloo said:

I don’t mind snarking on these people at all about their beliefs and odd behaviors but everyone’s weddings are going to be different and evoke criticism about just about all of it. I would bet a nickel that if we each posted pictures and menus for our own wedding (s) we would get a bunch of oh no that’s wrong, tacky, not what I would do, our area does it different, better, etc. They look happy. How many weddings have we gone to and snarked all the way home about the bar/lack of bar, food or quality or lack thereof. The dress. The toast. The seating plan, etc.  Wedding schmedding. Let’s see how they make Abbie quit her job and pump out enough babies to fill a quiver.  And how will they raise them.?  Idiotically like Jill and Derick?  That’s more snarkable to me. YMMV. 

Exactly.  My reception was at the Legion Hall.  We had hamburg bbq (kind of like Manwich), macaroni and cheese, macaroni and potato salad, and snacks like chips and nuts.  Typical wedding fare in this area.  I've been to great receptions at fire halls.  I've been to backyard receptions.  Many are pot luck, and I love that.  Many serve food made by family and friends as a gift to the couple.  My favorite one was a backyard reception where they had a pig roast.  Most weddings here have cash bars (mine included), and on another show's board, I was chastised about how tacky that is.  When you're on a budget, and you have people at your reception that can drink a sailor under the table - especially if the booze is free - you do what you can.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:14 AM, Christina87 said:

This is what I don't get about their cult...they scream all day long about how it's skirts ONLY, and they will never wear pants, etc. They claim it's because they're supposed to wear "feminine attire." I don't know about you, but when I see a fundie woman in a flannel lumberjack top and frumpy jean skirt, the LAST thing I think is "wow, she's feminine!" Someone like the girl in the picture wearing the long green top and dress pants, however, does look feminine to me. It seems like these people are defeating the purpose by buying the most masculine clothes out there that technically abide by their rules. If they were subtly making a statement, that would be great, but it seems to be a comfort / price / ignorance thing, at least to me. 

It just seems odd that you would only wear skirts and dresses, but also only dress super casually. Everyone I can think of owns at least one decent dress...and it may be from Walmart, but everyone should own just some kind of basic dress, especially people who ONLY wear dresses and skirts! Poor people have a basic dress. People from big families have a basic dress. I had a student once who "didn't wear dresses" when one was required for her role, so I went to Walmart and bought her a basic black dress for five dollars that looked beautiful on her! Given that she was plus size and fourteen, and not fundie, the fact that she lived in hoodies and jeans didn't surprise me, but if skirts and dresses are all you wear because you're trying to look "feminine," how do you not have at least one feminine-looking outfit for weddings and funerals, at least?

ETA: if "feminine" isn't your style and you are fundie...could it be...God isn't "convicting" you to wear skirts every day?

To me, pants are more modest than skirts.  I never understood that logic.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:29 PM, GeeGolly said:

JD didn't shower. Look at his fingernails, just ew.

Odd pic with that extra hand on JD's arm.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:31 PM, mythoughtis said:

Men that work on cars or heavy equipment have stained fingers. It doesn’t come off with a shower. 

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:22 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

Wish I could like this X1000. I hate how media these days seems to have made any sort of real-life imperfections, from work-related grunge that is simply part and parcel unless you can spare alternate weeks at the spa to buff it away,  to teeth within a recognizable shade away from pure white.

I doubt that most people would even think of criticizing someone they knew and liked for any of these things, but the moment someone outside the comfort zone seems to exhibit any of them, somehow it's disgusting. It really bothers me how many simple day to day blotches and blemishes become indefensible the minute someone is on social media. We don't all become magically cleansed the moment we post something.

Now, I know I've been  little rough on Jill/Der here and there for the way they come across, but I think that's a completely different thing...One is a complete inability to recognize how something presumably meant as  a purposeful illustration of one's virtues goes wrong at almost every turn, while the other is meant as more or less an everyday illustration of a happy moment in life which is then skewered over something like stained fingers or a lack of style in footwear.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:01 AM, GeeGolly said:

They don't have to. My uncle and now my cousins own a garage. They work on cars all day every day. They have this magic goop, the name escapes me, which cleans them up. 

I was unaware that JD was a mechanic.

My husband's hands are hidden in all of our wedding photos.  He worked in a garage, and his hands NEVER came clean, no matter how much GoJoe (magic goop mentioned above) he used.  He tried bleach, white wall cleaner - nothing worked.  I don't snark on work stained hands.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:45 PM, dargosmydaddy said:

Black seems more funereal than wedding-esque, and used to be seen as a wedding "not." Like I said, I realize that's not really the case anymore, but I still found it a little odd that JD's sisters (both of whom will likely be in a bunch of photos) chose to wear solid black dresses to his mid-day wedding. YMMV. 

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:49 PM, lucy711 said:

I know, I'm insane!  When I got married I was pressured by my mother-in-law to invite some relatives that I had never met (we dated for 6 years), and I did.  I regret that a little because I have these people in my wedding album whose names I don't know.  I got married ten years ago and I haven't seen them since.  I'd hate for them to think I invited them for more gifts.  So the airplane hanger wedding would have been nightmare for me!

My late MIL was a piece of work.  She wore black to our wedding - something that just wasn't done then.  She had been in a mental hospital (one of many times) not long before we got married. She met a woman there who she came to believe was the mother she should have had (her mother was evil, but my MIL was just as evil).  She called her mom.  She moved her in to their house.  She bought her a black dress for our wedding as well.  She forced us to call this strange woman "Grandma".  She's in my wedding photos.  And I always have to explain who she is.  A few months after our wedding, "Grandma" noped right out of my MIL's house, claiming she was nuts (coming from a woman she met in a mental hospital).  Thanks for the memories, late MIL.  My Uncle invited a bunch of random people to his daughter's wedding.  She was willing to concede a certain amount of people he wanted.  We ended up being seated with many of them.  They were people he worked with two jobs ago, and similar.  Just odd.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:48 AM, Vaysh said:

I'm going to sound like a complete dimwit but when you guys said JD was running for constable I didn't realise that he was actually in an election to win the job. Because in the US you apparently vote your coppers in, wut?

No, cops go through training (usually at an academy) and then get their jobs when they graduate.  Constables, sheriffs, etc, aren't really cops per se, and they get elected to their positions.  Different terminology for different countries.  ; )

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:22 PM, doodlebug said:

They look like candy pacifiers and I have no idea why on earth anyone would incorporate them into their wedding service.

It's a Ring Pop.  I've seen people incorporate them as a joke in to engagement photos, etc.  It's a little trendy among the younger crowd.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, funky-rat said:

My grandfather shared a birthday with one of his grandsons.  One of my Uncles shares a birthday with one of his Nephews.  And my Grammy I and were less than a week apart.  We have a relatively small family, so it does happen.

Two of my cousins and I have kids who were born January 21 in successive years. And there are only 21 kids to go around between all 10 of my first cousins and and me.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 2
On 12/29/2018 at 12:39 PM, kokapetl said:

I think I could tolerate Pickles better if she could organise her photo albums. 

I think I could tolerate Pickles better if she weren't a hypocritical, egomaniacal, delusional attention whore.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Two of my cousins and I have kids who were born January 21 in successive years. And there are only 21 kids to go around between all 10 of my first cousins and and me.

There's a statistical reason for this called The Birthday Paradox.  In short, you don't need to get 366 people together to be likely to get 2 with the same birthdate.  Essentially, if you presume that all birthdays are distributed evenly throughout the year, which they're not, but close enough; then, gathering any 40 random people together gives a 90% chance that 2 will share a birthday.  Getting 60 people gives a 99% chance of a match.  So, it's not unusual or unlikely that members of the same family share a birthdate.

In my own family, 3 generations of women, my aunt, my sister and my cousin's daughter, share the same April birthday.  My grandmother had 3 siblings all with the same birthdate in different years.

So, with a family as large as the Duggars, it is more likely than not that there would be shared birthdays.

https://www.damninteresting.com/the-birthday-paradox/

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 12

That is funny about the Birthday Paradox. Years ago my parents attended a birthday party of approx 50 guests. The hostess asked the attendees to write down their birth dates & sure enough my mother & another man shared the same birthday.  

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

There's a statistical reason for this called The Birthday Paradox.  In short, you don't need to get 366 people together to be likely to get 2 with the same birthdate.  Essentially, if you presume that all birthdays are distributed evenly throughout the year, which they're not, but close enough; then, gathering any 40 random people together gives a 90% chance that 2 will share a birthday.  Getting 60 people gives a 99% chance of a match.  So, it's not unusual or unlikely that members of the same family share a birthdate.

In my own family, 3 generations of women, my aunt, my sister and my cousin's daughter, share the same April birthday.  My grandmother had 3 siblings all with the same birthdate in different years.

So, with a family as large as the Duggars, it is more likely than not that there would be shared birthdays.

https://www.damninteresting.com/the-birthday-paradox/

My extended family is pretty large and this is true (i.e., three pairs of family members share the same birthdays, two on January 11th, two on April 19th, and two on July 14th).

Alas, I am the only one in my family whose birthday is in February. And I don't think anyone has a birthday in November.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

My extended family is pretty large and this is true (i.e., three pairs of family members share the same birthdays, two on January 11th, two on April 19th, and two on July 14th).

Alas, I am the only one in my family whose birthday is in February. And I don't think anyone has a birthday in November.

Ok, kinda, sorta related to birthday paradox.  I've always wondered if some women are more fertile during some months and tend to get pregnant during those months.  My mother had three children all with birthdays within weeks of each other, my sister did the same and my kids were born in fall with birthdays 3 weeks apart.  Is that coincidence, behavioral, or is it fertility related?  Just wondering with the birthday talk.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Normades said:

Ok, kinda, sorta related to birthday paradox.  I've always wondered if some women are more fertile during some months and tend to get pregnant during those months.  My mother had three children all with birthdays within weeks of each other, my sister did the same and my kids were born in fall with birthdays 3 weeks apart.  Is that coincidence, behavioral, or is it fertility related?  Just wondering with the birthday talk.

Men's sperm counts drop in warm weather and start to rise when the fall comes.  Hence, more babies are  born in the spring and summer.  Back in the day, there was probably a survival benefit for a baby born as the weather was warming up which might have lead to natural selection for men who were more fertile in the fall. 

I also think it is somewhat behavioral in that the summer ends and people start playing the indoor sports.  Also, we start to have the cozy family holidays of Thanksgiving and Christmas which may lead couples to start thinking about having a baby.  Not to mention alcohol consumption on New Year's Eve and it's effect on contraceptive practices.  My youngest sister is the product of a bit too much green beer on St. Paddy's Day.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 17
15 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Men's sperm counts drop in warm weather and start to rise when the fall comes.  Hence, more babies are  born in the spring and summer.  Back in the day, there was probably a survival benefit for a baby born as the weather was warming up which might have lead to natural selection for men who were more fertile in the fall. 

I also think it is somewhat behavioral in that the summer ends and people start playing the indoor sports.  Also, we start to have the cozy family holidays of Thanksgiving and Christmas which may lead couples to start thinking about having a baby.  Not to mention alcohol consumption on New Year's Eve and it's effect on contraceptive practices.  My youngest sister is the product of a bit too much green beer on St. Paddy's Day.

And remember the blackout in NYC ( and east coast) in about 1966 and 9 months later the birth rate was higher.  I was working in NYC back then, and almost got into an elevator, but, thought better of it.  It was quite the experience, but, I was young, a newlywed and it was sort of exciting.  No babies for us, the first Mr. lookeyloo was in medical school.  We offered to drive a coworker home, but, since she only ever took subways, she really didn't know where she lived and couldn't give us directions.  Fun? times.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, Normades said:

Ok, kinda, sorta related to birthday paradox.  I've always wondered if some women are more fertile during some months and tend to get pregnant during those months.  My mother had three children all with birthdays within weeks of each other, my sister did the same and my kids were born in fall with birthdays 3 weeks apart

My sister's and I are the 5th, 6th and 7th of July. It's like my parents had an appointment. 

I'll admit that I'm expecting a blessing announcement soon from someone and I know the money's on JAbbie but I'm not sure they're interested in a passel of no-neck monsters....Jill should on deck but I suspect her plumbing may not be fully intact or we have a Shelby ("The doctors said she SHOULDN'T"...) situation so her factory is at the very least closed pending further review....so Jessa's uterus is probably going be called in to do its godly duty of lining JBs pockets. 

• Love 9
On 1/3/2019 at 5:00 PM, lookeyloo said:

And remember the blackout in NYC ( and east coast) in about 1966 and 9 months later the birth rate was higher.  

When I worked in a pediatrician's office we were in the habit of counting back 9 months whenever we had an increase of newborns.  It was interesting to see what had happened 9 months prior.

15 hours ago, Catfin said:

^^^^^ oops, wrong post

23 hours ago, asuwur said:

My sister's and I are the 5th, 6th and 7th of July. It's like my parents had an appointment. 

I'll admit that I'm expecting a blessing announcement soon from someone and I know the money's on JAbbie but I'm not sure they're interested in a passel of no-neck monsters....Jill should on deck but I suspect her plumbing may not be fully intact or we have a Shelby ("The doctors said she SHOULDN'T"...) situation so her factory is at the very least closed pending further review....so Jessa's uterus is probably going be called in to do its godly duty of lining JBs pockets. 

That's really neat about you & your sister's birthdays.  I thought my sister & I were special with February 23 & 24 birthdays.  

I have a feeling the next pregnancy may be Abbie just because of her age. If not Abbie, then Joy.  I don't know why for Joy just a feeling I have.  I'm hoping I'm wrong since she had a c-section with a hard recovery & should wait longer for another pregnancy. 

Regarding the Birthday Paradox thing: I forgot to add in my previous post that my son & one of his coworkers share the same birthday.  It's an office of 20 people so I wonder what the chances are of that happening?  It's funny too they work on the same team & sit next to one another. 

It really will be interesting to see the sharing of Duggar birthdays (& anniversaries) as the family grows. 

• Love 3

When I was pregnant, I met a woman who had due date in early February. Her first was born od Feb 5 so she said she would like to go to birth basically every date besided that one. Guess what, her second one was born on Feb 5 also. We couldn't believe it

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

When I was pregnant, I met a woman who had due date in early February. Her first was born od Feb 5 so she said she would like to go to birth basically every date besided that one. Guess what, her second one was born on Feb 5 also. We couldn't believe it

My second and third daughter are both  born on  Sept. 27... three years apart. 

The older one once had an argument with her sister over some toy,  and cried out,

"I'm sick of it! I have to share EVERYTHING with you..even my birthday!!" 

(I made sure after that, that they got their own separate birthday parties)

oops..edited to add:

To get back on topic..I'm hoping Jabbie are next to get pregnant..if that's what they both want. They seem like a genuine love match to me.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 7
On 1/3/2019 at 11:49 PM, asuwur said:

I feel like I should play the lottery...

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Such a great husband to me.....constant companionship....they are married, what, 3 weeks? She writes as if they were married 10 years or more.

It's sort of like Lauren's long long wait for marriage. ... 

Actually, though, given what a huge bore, downer and ball and chain everybody and everything in their set is, I suppose it wouldn't be surprising if time just always seemed really long to all of them......

I mean, an entire lifetime without even looking outside your box or allowing yourself a single original thought or spontaneous impulse would seem very very very very very very very long indeed, I'm pretty sure. 

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

What's wrong with "constant companionship"? Is it too passionless of a phrase? Idk, I didn't see anything wrong with that. 

Shades of Jill clinging like a barnacle to Dreck? 

That's what I thought right away.

Maybe she's making lemonade out of lemons.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

What's wrong with "constant companionship"? Is it too passionless of a phrase? Idk, I didn't see anything wrong with that. 

I guess I had higher hopes for these two. Hoping they'd grow into a healthy marriage as two independent partners with individual interests. A couple with no need for an accountability partner. A couple who flourishes without the need to be each other's constant companion.

As @ChiCricket mentioned it has shades of Jill & Derick as well as shades of JB & M, Jessa and Ben and Jinger and Jeremy.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I guess I had higher hopes for these two. Hoping they'd grow into a healthy marriage as two independent partners with individual interests. A couple with no need for an accountability partner. A couple who flourishes without the need to be each other's constant companion.

As @ChiCricket mentioned it has shades of Jill & Derick as well as shades of JB & M, Jessa and Ben and Jinger and Jeremy.

I think your hopes were a little bit high @GeeGolly. In this social milieu people don’t get married to flourish as individuals. They get married to righteously fulfill their need for partnered sex, procreate, share resources and provide companionship. Which is fine if that’s what people what to do- none of those things are inherently bad. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think your hopes were a little bit high @GeeGolly. In this social milieu people don’t get married to flourish as individuals. They get married to righteously fulfill their need for partnered sex, procreate, share resources and provide companionship. Which is fine if that’s what people what to do- none of those things are inherently bad. 

I think they're just being newlyweds and there's nothing terrible about it. A lot of newly married couples spend a great deal of time together. I hope JD and Abbie are having a good time. Abbie was raised Gothard so this will play out per the IBLP playbook, and she will express herself in words she learned as a Gothardite. Including "constant companionship." Which may strike people outside those circles as unusual.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Unfortunately, as long as somebody (I'm looking at you, JD) keeps inside the JB-and-M fold, I'm pretty sure this will never happen with any couple. BOTH these two were brought up determinedly Gothard. And they're all likely to be part of a backlash against uppity women, too, I expect. Here and there women among the Baptists and the Calvinists are speaking up about women's capacity for independent thought and action, so that's just going to rile up the hardliners to try to hold their hardline. And no Duggarling has shown any willingness to move aside from the family line....so I don't see JD doing it. I think he's been pretty well bought off. And now happy.... because woman in the house....and sex. 

• Love 13
Just now, madpsych78 said:

Honestly, compared with what Jana wrote about her brother on her Instagram, Abbie's "constant companionship" is pretty tame.

To defend Abbie just a hair, Jana has known JD from utero, Abbie met him about a year ago(I’m estimating). Jana’s love for him as her twin and best friend IS deeper than Abbie’s love. Not that I think Abbie doesn’t have genuine feelings for JD, but they just haven’t know each other that long and they’ve been in a sex haze. 

• Love 24

I'm giving Abbie a pass on her birthday wish for JD. They've not been married all that long, so it's not that surprising that the newlywed glow hasn't faded. It's more normal, I think, than whatever you'd describe Josiah and Lauren's apparent almost mutual loathing. 

Also, technically, their "courtship" was a long distance one, so I'm sure it is a treat in her eyes for him to be in the same town, let alone the same house. 

I do find her phrasing a little odd, but all things considered, I think it's a little early to read her being clingy or anything incredibly weird into that Instagram post. 

Have we ever figured out where they are? I assume not Oklahoma? 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

To defend Abbie just a hair, Jana has known JD from utero, Abbie met him about a year ago(I’m estimating). Jana’s love for him as her twin and best friend IS deeper than Abbie’s love. Not that I think Abbie doesn’t have genuine feelings for JD, but they just haven’t know each other that long and they’ve been in a sex haze. 

Actually, I meant all the Gothard terms that Jana was throwing around such as "season of life" and referring to Christ in every other sentence.

• Love 4