Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Faux Weddings and a Funeral

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Jesus Christ, Dale and Tinsley shrieking and crying because they are looking at Tinsley's eggs?  The apple didn't fall far from the tree.  They are both awful.

That and the wedding dress shopping were 2 of the more disgusting scenes I've seen on this show, and that's saying something. What an embarrassment to my entire gender, traipsing in every bad stereotype of women. Run Scott, run!

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I agree with you.  If only Tinsley was asked to marry first.  Mother and daughter have a sister relationship which is nice for now, but when a husband and baby comes into the equation, Dale might become known as a meddler.  I could just see Tinsley calling her Mother every hour.  I wonder if Scott knows he’s going to be a sperm donor anytime now.  If she gets engaged, I hope she goes to Kleinfelds so we can see her bring Gale and all the housewives.  Haha.  I don’t blame you for wanting all the bells and whistles.  It will be your day, and anything goes.  Good luck.

They already mentioned they kicked Topper out of planning her first wedding, because she and her mother had it handled. Now, I know many guys don't care about the details, but from the way she said it, it sounded like Topper DID have ideas. They just didn't gel with Tinsley's and Dale's. 

I wouldn't it expect it to be any different with the next guy. (If there IS a next guy.)

• Love 8
(edited)

I forgot to mention this in my previous post - mainly about BF and Jill - the Bravo cameras wouldn't have filmed that scene if Jill didn't allow it. She signed off on it. Not to mention I'm sure there were Paps there shooting photos since Jill is d-list and likely has fellow d-list friends who showed up. 

The fax machine debate - I don't think people are saying they're not useful - they're just outdated technology - I mean, I can walk over to the office copier, scan a document, and send it to someone's email. But if your place of business still uses it - that's cool. Bethenny's fax shaming was funny and not uncommon to hear. And Sonja certainly didn't seem offended.

Edited by BodhiGurl
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, candle96 said:

That and the wedding dress shopping were 2 of the more disgusting scenes I've seen on this show, and that's saying something. What an embarrassment to my entire gender, traipsing in every bad stereotype of women. Run Scott, run!

Back in my days of working with the public, we used to call people who came in and wasted our time without any intent to actually buy something "time wasting assholes" or TWAs for short. I get there was some kind of reciprocal advertising or something here the bridal salon got out of allowing Tins to try on dresses, but in my book they were being TWAs.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

I forgot to mention this in my previous post - mainly about BF and Jill - the Bravo cameras wouldn't have filmed that scene if Jill didn't allow it. She signed off on it. Not to mention I'm sure there were Paps there shooting photos since Jill is d-list and likely has fellow d-list friends who showed up. 

The fax machine debate - I don't think people are saying they're not useful - they're just outdated technology - I mean, I can walk over to the office copier, scan a document, and send it to someone's email. But if your place of business still uses it - that's cool. Bethenny's fax shaming was funny and not uncommon to hear. And Sonja certainly didn't seem offended.

The problem with the fax-shaming (I cannot believe we are really discussing this, LOL!!!), is that Bethenny made it seem like the machine was one of the original fax machines sold - with the dial-up connection and thermal paper.  The machine in Sonja's bedroom was a standard printer/copier/scanner/fax combination.  Not the outdated machine that Bethenny made it out to be.  Sonja's copier can still and is purchased today.

I require faxed information for my work.  I don't use a fax machine, but rather, an online e-fax service.  Maybe that was the point Bethenny was trying to make?  

• Love 14
(edited)

Bobby was one of the good guys, and Bravo took the moment, and instead of really remembering him, (he was more than a walking ATM)  made it more about Bethenny. Then she responded to Jill with: "We're all alone, I'm alone." and "Where are the gift bags"  Can she just stop with being fucking glib for one second? She constantly tries to top another's sorrow with her own. 

No wonder Andy Cohen is besties with Carole. They are both mean girls. Carole was mocking, and making fun of Lu (who wasn't present) almost the entire episode. The news of Lu's arrest made her absolutely giddy. And Tinsley will never recover from seeing Carole's cooch in the steam room. As Borat would say: "Her vagine hang like sleeve of wizard."

Tinsley wins the award for best juvenile dramatics as an adult.  Hand her a wine sippy cup, and a cashmere blankie, and she's good to go. The footage of her in a wedding dress crying over her frozen eggs with her Mom was nauseating. Her whining and screeching at her Mom reminded me of a thinner, and wealthier Nicole from 90 Day Fiance...  

"Stahhhhppp itttt Mooommmmm!"    Tinsley is 42 going on 14. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 18
27 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

They already mentioned they kicked Topper out of planning her first wedding, because she and her mother had it handled. Now, I know many guys don't care about the details, but from the way she said it, it sounded like Topper DID have ideas. They just didn't gel with Tinsley's and Dale's. 

I wouldn't it expect it to be any different with the next guy. (If there IS a next guy.)

I don’t know anything about Topper except that they were married for quite awhile.  If that’s true, he must be just as nuts as Tinsley.  Poor Scott must think she’s adorable now, but after awhile, she could get on his nerves.  He seems like a quiet guy.  I have to investigate and see if they are still together.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

I'm fairly certain that I read that Jill allowed it because Bravo approached her about doing a "tribute" to Bobby and she was honored they wanted to do that for him so she allowed the cameras. 

• Love 8

I was touched to see footage of Bobby.  I remember back to those days.  I could have done without Bethenny scene. She makes me uncomfortable. I agree that it was an attempt to put attention on her and not honor Bobby.  Honoring Bobby would have been to visit or send positive thoughts before he passed.  But, that's on her. 

I know that Bethenny knows so much, but, she might consider that for legal reasons some things are still faxed as painful as it may be. Bethenny doesn't likely handle her own paperwork though, she may not be aware.  Due to the nature of e-mail, the facility may not be able to handle it that way.  This is true with sensitive records like medical, legal and financial.  

http://electronichealthreporter.com/thinking-of-emailing-medical-records-think-again/

• Love 14

If you had asked me, five minutes before the episode aired, when all that stuff went down between Bethenny and Jill, I would have said, "Oh, I don't know, maybe three years ago?"  I almost fell over when B. mentioned that it happened in 2010.  Of course, if I stop and think about all the HWs we've had since then...   Aviva, Heather, Carole, Kristen, Dorinda, Jules, Tinsley...   my guess of three years makes absolutely no sense.  I just can't believe eight years have flown by.

It really is true what they say:  For the young, the days go fast and the years go slow; for the old, the days go slow and the years go fast.  (I'm feeling old.)

• Love 23
(edited)
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

@Gem 10 said:

I don’t know anything about Topper except that they were married for quite awhile.  If that’s true, he must be just as nuts as Tinsley. 

Technically, I don't think any of their parents was involved in Tinsley's first wedding because she and Topper eloped at 18 in 1993 or 1994. Their parents, likely Topper's, made them annul the marriage. They married again in 2002 and divorced in 2010. They were only married for 8 years, but were together for almost 20.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 4

Occasionally a woman in her late 40’s-50 is in the news for getting pregnant/ having a baby, but it is very infrequent. If Tinsley wants a child she may want to consider adoption or single parenthood. I wonder if she truly wants to be a mother, or if she just claims to for Mommy Dearest?! 

Carole is having her revenge this season against Bethenny and Lu. 

Back when Jill showed up at Ramona’s getaway after Scary Island and Bethenny told Bobby she didn’t want to put him in the middle of the feud between herself  and Jill, Bobby coldly replied “ I wouldn’t be in the middle”( Team Jill obviously). Geez, Bethenny, let Jill have the spotlight for two seconds- everything is always about her...

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I was touched to see footage of Bobby.  I remember back to those days.  I could have done without Bethenny scene. She makes me uncomfortable. I agree that it was an attempt to put attention on her and not honor Bobby.  Honoring Bobby would have been to visit or send positive thoughts before he passed.  But, that's on her. 

I know that Bethenny knows so much, but, she might consider that for legal reasons some things are still faxed as painful as it may be. Bethenny doesn't likely handle her own paperwork though, she may not be aware.  Due to the nature of e-mail, the facility may not be able to handle it that way.  This is true with sensitive records like medical, legal and financial.  

http://electronichealthreporter.com/thinking-of-emailing-medical-records-think-again/

She was just teasing Sonya, who, as another person noted, was not at all offended. 

Tinsley is the worst. She and Topper eloped when they were still in boarding school and then had it annulled and remarried when they were 26. He married a jewelry designer earlier this year and they have a baby, which is probably driving Tinsley mad. I bet Mr. Mortimer is mortified by her antics.

• Love 6

I think it's funny when reality cast members are mortified about something getting out there and then it's aired on the show....lol.  To me, they likely have explained to their friends and family that they got their script and had to cover what it said.  I mean, it is reality tv, right? (Wink, wink.)

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Occasionally a woman in her late 40’s-50 is in the news for getting pregnant/ having a baby, but it is very infrequent. If Tinsley wants a child she may want to consider adoption or single parenthood. I wonder if she truly wants to be a mother, or if she just claims to for Mommy Dearest?! 

Carole is having her revenge this season against Bethenny and Lu. 

Back when Jill showed up at Ramona’s getaway after Scary Island and Bethenny told Bobby she didn’t want to put him in the middle of the feud between herself  and Jill, Bobby coldly replied “ I wouldn’t be in the middle”( Team Jill obviously). Geez, Bethenny, let Jill have the spotlight for two seconds- everything is always about her...

That's the defining moment when I fell in love with Bobby Zarin as a house-husband.  He shut that shit down HARD.  

• Love 24
1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

I'm fairly certain that I read that Jill allowed it because Bravo approached her about doing a "tribute" to Bobby and she was honored they wanted to do that for him so she allowed the cameras. 

Makes sense - I know I appreciate the tribute to him - as others have mentioned he seems to be the best house-husband across the franchises - at least that have appeared on the show while not asking for the limelight to be on him. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Ki-in said:

happened at a filmed Bravo even in a room full of people but it was not caught on camera nor did Carole actually hear it but it was relayed back to her, I believe by Heather who did not like Luann,

I don’t believed it was filmed but it was told to her by a none cast member. Heather actually likes Luann and tried to get them to be at least friendly.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Jel said:

I didn't see the show (kinda half sorry, half happy I missed it).  

Dale seems very overbearing, but Tinsley is an adult woman and it's up to her now (and has been for many years) to set and enforce her own boundaries with her mom. Mummy is going to continue on as she does until Tinsley says enough. And rolling her eyes like an exasperated teenager, and tossing in the occasional OHMAHGOD is not going to do it. She's 40 now. I suggest she either do some of the tough work of maturing emotionally, (therapy is good for this) or simply resign herself to the fact that, by omission, she is choosing to be a perma-child, and since it is her choice, just stfu about it. 

The bows, the frills, the curls, the eye rolls, the crying over her frozen ova, the falling on the floor at Scott's visit, the trying on wedding dresses without a wedding date = too much for this PTVer.  Try womanhood, Tinsely -- it's actually awesome.

Actually, it's a good program to watch to see them both out of the RH format and in a place where they can just be themselves.  It's also something like five years old since the original Dr. Phil was first broadcast, so one can get a terrific backstory to that relationship.  Point is, it's not for TV - this is who they are.  Believe them when they tell you who they are.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Rahul said:

Did I mishear or did Tinsley say she wanted to frame that picture of her ovarian fruit and gaze upon it daily?

She cray. She real cray.

She probably saves her used tampons, and cries over them too. She's absolutely nutters. 

• Love 5

So much to digest here....LuAnn: you did not go to prison . You went to jail. Please, stop acting like you're some hardened criminal that got hard time for murder.

Tinsley: I actually like her despite her goofiness and debutante little girlishness. However, that was some off the wall shit last night with her mother (who has had one too many facelifts) and herself going to an upscale wedding dress boutique and trying on dresses. Wow...who does that??? Her mother is as nutty as her daughter.

Bethenny: She looked like a modern day witch straight from the Salem witch trials with that black hat and coat...her narcissism was in full display when she said "I'm alone too" in response to Jill's sorrowful lament that she was alone now. And she wonders why she is alone...

Ramona doing another home redo...why is she so startled and screaming about the kitchen being gutted??? She's been down this road before, she's seen a kitchen remodel. She's nuts.

Carol looks anorexic. Way too thin and gaunt. She seems to be over Adam.

Dorinda: When she discusses LuAnn's drinking she seems to have no self awareness of her alcohol issues...interesting.

Finally, Jill...sad she lost Bobby. The clips they showed of the two them were mostly of Bobby presenting her with expensive gifts or of Jill suggesting gifts he could give her. Ugh.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, NoWhammies said:

Tinsley and her mother are just too much. Good lord. Get a fucking grip, girls. (I'd say ladies, but I've seen 'tweens who aren't that immature).

Can I say as a professional writer who strives to not only make my deadlines but finish ahead of them that Carol makes me want to scream? There is zero professionalism there, and it's just not that hard to meet a deadline. Deadlines are usually fairly generous and give you plenty of time to do the requisite work. I write a few books a year, ghost write several more, and write several articles a month. I have never once even asked for a deadline extension, and Carol just shows such a disregard of them. I. Just. Can't. I was writing two books for two different publishers and had a few articles due in January when my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, went into hospice, and died within three weeks. I met every one of my deadlines anyway because that's what professionals do. Carol. 

I believe Carol thinks she is “up there, and everyone else is”down there”, so she can do anything she wants.  Isn’t her mother-in-law sister to Jackie Kennedy?  I know she has mentioned John John and wife Caroline many times in conversation.  That connection gives her a pass for just about everything in her mind.  IMO.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I believe Carol thinks she is “up there, and everyone else is”down there”, so she can do anything she wants.  Isn’t her mother-in-law sister to Jackie Kennedy?  I know she has mentioned John John and wife Caroline many times in conversation.  That connection gives her a pass for just about everything in her mind.  IMO.

Carole is an obtuse millionairess who went to Occupy Wall Street and then had to nerve to giggle and ask "Are we the 1%"

• Love 10
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Thank you for confirming that. I have been wondering if a line of jeans called Skinny girl would appeal to plus-sized women. 

If there was no external branding and they were on sale for ~$20, then maybe.  

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, sadie said:

RIP Bobby, they don’t make them like you anymore. Class act all the way.

on the Bethany/Jill interaction I guess I read it differently than most. My husband died at 40 so I view things from a tinted lens perhaps.  The “gift bag” comment was a moment of levity. Right after for me there were a few friends that found a way to make me laugh, it was a great reprieve from all the sadness. And the “I’m alone too” was a response to Jill saying she was alone, I took it more as a statement of solidarity. YMMV

As someone who lost my husband Dec 2016 at age 52 (four year battle with colon cancer) I agree.   It was great when our friends, our families,  were able to make us laugh during hospice, after he passed.  You need a little levity during that time.  And that type of teasing was the hallmark of their relationship.  I don't fault Beth for that although I do think she's a narcissist who typically makes everything about herself. 

Am I the only one who wishes that Beth and Jill could repair their relationship?  Although early on it seemed to me it was all Jill that tanked it, I wonder now that I have watched Bethenny all full of herself over the years now that she's had success.  I bet they are both at fault for its demise.    Both have similar qualities -- can be underhanded, mean-spiriited.  But they also can have a great heart and can be very funny.

Like Ramona said, life is too short to hang onto resentments.

• Love 21

Why does Carole even say yes to any writing assignments? She constantly makes the editors look like fools for asking to see the promised draft and then Carole is all "haha I didn't even bother yet!" I think the writer persona has an intellectual cachet that Carole loves to hide behind but it's not her thing anymore so just be honest about it Carol. You are not a writer if you don't bother to write and we see you. 

OMG. Tins and her mom. I think they could have their own show.  They are that off their rockers. And poor Tinz probably thought she'd have a ring by the time this aired.  I like their addition to the show; they have real money and that's the kind of lifestyle I want to eavesdrop on.

I give Bethenney a pass for everything she said to Jill.  Funeral small talk is the worst. And bringing Brynn to sit shiva probably meant a lot to Jill right then. 

I have 2 precious kitties and just buried my beloved dog. 

Hugs to you ButterQueen. I've been there and it is so hard.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, English Teacher said:

Enjoy your promo moment of your fugly jeans (as an oversized gal, I would not wear something that says Skinny on it.  Are you kidding me?).  

I never even thought about that, but you are so right!  I hover between an 8 and 10 right now and there's no way I would wear something branded as "Skinny" as well!

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I loved that moment. I was totally Team Bethenny during her fight with Jill (I'm still a lone B fan), but Bobby was THERE for his wife. As he should be. I do think he really adored Bethenny; but, when it comes down to it, he's gonna back up his wife. He was an awesome dude. 

Yes he was.  I don’t know any man that would be so openly loyal.  Usually, they would clam up.  What was it with Jill that he was so enamoured?

• Love 7
16 hours ago, bosawks said:

These two nut bags are ridiculous but a little bit of a palate cleanser from death and substance abuse, just don’t make a habit of them BRAVO!

See I had the opposite reaction!  I could not watch the egg viewing/wedding dress scenes (was on the twitter at the time!).  I thought it was a complete waste of screen time.  First of all, old fashioned or not, I do not think white, girlish dresses should be worn for wedding #2 (or more) especially when she already had the big wedding.  She is not engaged at that point.  The wailing over pics of eggs was a little much (or a lot in my opinion).  I think I would be good if Dale stayed wherever she lives and isn't on the show.  She seems really unlikable.  

Of all the ladies I thought B, S and R seemed most kind about the Lu stuff.  Carole seemed to be enjoying it a little too much.  B really had verbal diarrhea with Jill.  I thought she was sweet to Jill but wtf was the gift bag commentary?  I hope they can slowly mend fences.  Life changes and what was important years ago loses its importance when a death happens.  I am glad Sonja got some real work done at her home.  

• Love 3

Tinsley saying "My babies, my babies" over and over again while looking at petrie dishes (?) was some American Horror Story level disturbing. Like I saw Hereditary the other day... Tinsley and Dale are way more terrifying.

• Love 20
15 hours ago, A-Lo said:

How old is Tinsley again?  The wedding dresses she was trying on were meant for a younger woman, no?  She looked kind of creepy with her frozen face/hair, peering out from that veil and shrieking with delight.  It's amazing to me how these NYC women (most of them, anyway) can't accept that they're aging.  When are they actually going to be able to enjoy their lives without worrying about every calorie they're consuming?  Other than the ones contained in alcohol, that is.

She looked like Madonna to me.  She would be a beautiful bride in a sleek sexy dress

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, janie2002 said:

She looked like Madonna to me.  She would be a beautiful bride in a sleek sexy dress

It's funny.  I don't think Tinsley is anywhere close to being beautiful.  She's thin.  That's about the only thing I think is attractive about her.   Although I agree, she could rock a sleek, sexy dress.  

• Love 2
(edited)
18 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

Why does Carole even say yes to any writing assignments? She constantly makes the editors look like fools for asking to see the promised draft and then Carole is all "haha I didn't even bother yet!" I think the writer persona has an intellectual cachet that Carole loves to hide behind but it's not her thing anymore so just be honest about it Carol. You are not a writer if you don't bother to write and we see you. 

Carole is a published (yes) author (maybe) but she is NOT a writer by trade or true craft. I work with a woman whose partner IS a writer for a living and she writes all the time, she brings notebooks with her everywhere etc. It's not this horrible chore to her. 

Interesting that on national (international?) television Carole can make Adam seem like a whiny little crybaby, crying over Carole, saying he wants his Carole back etc but it's misogyny if someone says or asks if a woman might be sad over a break-up? She's ridiculous.

Edited by Ki-in
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

See I had the opposite reaction!  I could not watch the egg viewing/wedding dress scenes (was on the twitter at the time!).  I thought it was a complete waste of screen time.  First of all, old fashioned or not, I do not think white, girlish dresses should be worn for wedding #2 (or more) especially when she already had the big wedding.  She is not engaged at that point.  The wailing over pics of eggs was a little much (or a lot in my opinion).  I think I would be good if Dale stayed wherever she lives and isn't on the show.  She seems really unlikable.  

Of all the ladies I thought B, S and R seemed most kind about the Lu stuff.  Carole seemed to be enjoying it a little too much.  B really had verbal diarrhea with Jill.  I thought she was sweet to Jill but wtf was the gift bag commentary?  I hope they can slowly mend fences.  Life changes and what was important years ago loses its importance when a death happens.  I am glad Sonja got some real work done at her home.  

Talking about Mothers,  who else had a Mother who came up from Florida who was a pain?  I would just ABSOLUTELY LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it if Bethennys Mother came on.  Would that be some t.v. or not?  Impossible, I know, but I can dream.  Maybe Bobby’s death put things in perspective and Bethenny would reach out to her someday.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Portae said:

These women are endlessly amused by incarceration as only privileged white women can be. 

I had forgotten about that scene.  I think I wanted to wipe it from memory.  I was horrified.  I hated every bit of it and failed to see how that could be fun.  Let's ask every incarcerated person how much fun they had with their mugshot and being behind bars.  I really didn't like this episode except for bits and pieces.

• Love 5

Tinsley appears, to me anyway, to be one of the least maternal women on this show.  Even when her mom brings her "beloved" dog to Tins' apartment, she lets out a little squeal (in that special cutesy 40 something year old way of hers), gives it a hug and then immediately drops it on the floor so "Mommy" can go downstairs to get a cocktail.  Hopefully those eggs of hers remain in egg-shape form so they can be spared "Mommy's" treatment.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Talking about Mothers,  who else had a Mother who came up from Florida who was a pain?  I would just ABSOLUTELY LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it if Bethennys Mother came on.  Would that be some t.v. or not?  Impossible, I know, but I can dream.  Maybe Bobby’s death put things in perspective and Bethenny would reach out to her someday.

I do wish the best for Jill, that's why I'm not that wild about Bethenny rekindling their relationship.  Jill will likely get hurt again. Bethenny has repeatedly shown who she is.  I finally got it. I realize that when your heart is broken, you want comfort and friendships, but....Jill beware. Bethenny is so charming and personable, it almost makes you forget what she's really like, but, stay aware. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Er, Bethenny, I know you think you know it all, but you are dead wrong about fax machines being obsolete.  Some large companies still use them & several industries, such as insurance, still use them fairly regularly.  My law firm uses them sometimes for documents that need to be signed or heavily secured or when emails are not known.  So no, Bethenny, you're WRONG about fax machines being totally useless now -- as you implied with your stupid jokes.  Man, than felt good.  C'mon, Bethenny, gimme another opportunity to tell you you're wrong!

As someone who works in medicine, I can attest a shockingly large number of doctors' offices and hospitals still use faxes. Even with non-confidential information, I'll offer to email it, and quite a few prefer that I fax it over. It drives me crazy, but it's a reality.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I have 2 precious kitties and just buried my beloved dog.  I love petting and loving on them.  Never thought I needed to wash my hands afterwards before having a snack.  They are my pets and clean.  I don’t see Carole eating popcorn and loving on her kitty wrong.  

I am so sorry!  

• Love 6

OMG With the gift bag comment....she didn't mean anything by it, it's two people who haven't talked to each other in a long time, two people who have shared a deep friendship at one point, and two people who probably were always into the swag bag back then.  It was a joke.  As B was walking back to her car, JZ even said "you're so funny".

I'm Italian....they say Jews and Italians are the same but we have better food.  Our wakes and memorials are NOT somber, we laugh, we joke, we catch up, we tell funny stories about the deceased (right in front of the open casket).  I wouldn't read too much into B's comment, its a regional/ethnic thing.....and actually, its not even a thing.  

• Love 19
(edited)

Did Bobby have to be buried in 24hrs?

I'll throw Beth a bone on the jet rental and some of her other comments. I think in her clumsy way she wasn't bragging, but it was to show the effort she made to be there.

if Jill was known for or liked gift bags - I think Beth bringing it was bonding/private joke between them  and it was being a nice friend giving her shit which I think Jill appreciated.

And for being alone w/o a mate, I think Beth was trying to commiserate   on what Jill was feeling about being alone.   

No death isn't the same as divorce but loss is loss and both are mourned.

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 15