Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Faux Weddings and a Funeral

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Lemons said:

I know, watching Carole and Tinsley carrying on a conversation, I was watching with my mouth open.  Talk about a couple of cases of arrested development.  From the clothing to the body language to the voice affectations.  You would swear they were teens talking about boys if you didn’t know better.  

Not only that, I get such  a "mean girl" vibe from them when they're talking.  They were trying to act all concerned about LuAnn, but they were positively gleeful about her arrest.  Carole said someone sent her the video of LuAnn - I call BS on that, she probably hit Google as soon as she heard LuAnn was arrested.  And Tinsley - "oh, I know I shouldn't have, but I invited her over for a drink with my mother"  "Oh, you didn't.."  Hee Hee Hee.

Could they be anymore immature? Tinsley acts like a 12 year old pretty much all the time, and makes no attempt to hide it, but Carole likes to present herself as worldly and sophisticated.  But every now and then, the real Carole seeps through.

• Love 21
10 hours ago, Jets4274 said:

Geez.  Another episode = another opportunity for Bethenny to advertise her Skinny Girl jeans.  As she talks about seeing Jill after the funeral.  Not necessary.

And she had to say 'She said she was wrong!'. 

Her metallic jacket was giving me serious Spinal Tap vibes.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I think Dale prefers and encourages that behavior, so that either she can control Tinsley, or so that she can feel like a younger woman herself.

I've shared this elsewhere, I think in Tinsley's thread, but these two were on Dr. Phil about five years ago - the repeat shows up on OWN occasionally.  The whole topic was about Tinsley just being over-run by her mother.  The program treated the idea lightly and it was supposed to be funny.  However, here we are, that many years later and the situation hasn't changed.

Dale is a very over-controlling parent - not sure where Dad is in all of this - and Tinsley will absolutely end up in a real fetal-position when Dale passes away.  Tinsley simply won't know how to function without her.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, b2H said:

I've shared this elsewhere, I think in Tinsley's thread, but these two were on Dr. Phil about five years ago - the repeat shows up on OWN occasionally.  The whole topic was about Tinsley just being over-run by her mother.  The program treated the idea lightly and it was supposed to be funny.  However, here we are, that many years later and the situation hasn't changed.

The topic was overbearing mothers and it was just on yesterday lol Her mother was more concerned about her getting divorced from the popular rich husband and her reputation then she was about Tinsley being happy ..ugh I wanted to smack her..

• Love 6

Tinsley's mother reminds of the Grand Dame on Southern Charm, cannot remember her name but she lives in a large historic house with a butler.  Patricia? Is it Patricia?  

I am surprised to learn Tinsley and Mother were on Dr. Phil...I guess he couldn't help them.  

Bethenny was cringe worthy talking to Jill after the funeral. Where are the gift bags? Trying to be funny, oy.  I am disappointed that Jill is so desperate to get back on RHONY she will even appear moments after her beloved Bobby's funeral.  Which brings me to my next thought, I thought Bobby was Jewish and if he is than why did I see someone carrying a floral arrangement?  We don't do flowers at funerals.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Sonja better hope that Jill doesn’t join the show because she is would be the one to go.

also, what was Bethenny going on about that wasn’t really a fax machine it was a printer/scanner/copier  from five or six years ago. It probably has fax functions if you want but was super typical for home offices a few years ago. It’s also probably the most recent electronic in Sonja’s house.

While I agree with Bethenny that it shouldn't have been in Sonja's bedroom - you are 100% correct in that it was a multi-use printer/copier/scanner.  I have one (newer version of Sonja's) in my home office and use it almost daily for one or more of those functions.  I didn't get Bethenny's snark on that, either - I'm sure there must be a similar office machine in her Skinnygirl offices.  Not all business can be done by phone!!  

• Love 12
(edited)
9 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

While I agree with Bethenny that it shouldn't have been in Sonja's bedroom

That wasn’t Bethenny’s point she never said anything about it’s location. Sonja was the one who mentioned it should be in the “office” downstairs before Bethenny did her shtick about fax machines that continued in her talking heads.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
(edited)
11 hours ago, Jets4274 said:

I found it a bit strange how Jill allowed the cameras to be at the funeral.  I don't know.  Would think that she would have wanted to keep that moment as private as possible.  I know she loved her husband though.

Bobby became known through the show - and was beloved by fans - and sadly, he died while they was filming.  They could not have not acknowledged it and the tribute to him in flashbacks was very tasteful.   And what aired was only a brief street scene.  Nothing on the actual service. 

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, English Teacher said:

And this is why Beth will never be released from the show: she performs her duties perfectly.  She doesn’t know why she can’t leave after the funeral?  BS. She  WON’T leave until she gets King Andy’s money shot of her talking to Jill, the holy grail moment of the franchise.  Good little Bravo lap dog, B.  Enjoy your promo moment of your fugly jeans (as an oversized gal, I would not wear something that says Skinny on it.  Are you kidding me?).  

Thank you for confirming that. I have been wondering if a line of jeans called Skinny girl would appeal to plus-sized women. 

• Love 6

The topic was overbearing mothers and it was just on yesterday lol Her mother was more concerned about her getting divorced from the popular rich husband and her reputation then she was about Tinsley being happy ..ugh I wanted to smack her..

This one is on right now, 8 am Central on Own. Tinsley, her mom and her sister.

• Love 2

Honestly I don't mind the scenes with Tinsley and Dale.  It's somehow endearing to me.  I would LOVE to play dress up at a bridal salon.  LOVE.  But sadly I don't have a mans.  If I ever get married, you better believe I'm not holding back and getting whatever style I want, even if I'm 80 years old.  Bring me ALL of the giant tulle skirts.  

• Love 21
(edited)
12 hours ago, film noire said:

If I know one thing about Bobby Zarin, it's that he wouldn't like Frankel using his death to score points against his wife. 

One billion likes for this opinion.

Beth is hopeless. No amount of therapy is going to teach her how to be an empathetic person.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 21
45 minutes ago, b2H said:

Dale is a very over-controlling parent - not sure where Dad is in all of this - and Tinsley will absolutely end up in a real fetal-position when Dale passes away.  Tinsley simply won't know how to function without her.

I didn't see the show (kinda half sorry, half happy I missed it).  

Dale seems very overbearing, but Tinsley is an adult woman and it's up to her now (and has been for many years) to set and enforce her own boundaries with her mom. Mummy is going to continue on as she does until Tinsley says enough. And rolling her eyes like an exasperated teenager, and tossing in the occasional OHMAHGOD is not going to do it. She's 40 now. I suggest she either do some of the tough work of maturing emotionally, (therapy is good for this) or simply resign herself to the fact that, by omission, she is choosing to be a perma-child, and since it is her choice, just stfu about it. 

The bows, the frills, the curls, the eye rolls, the crying over her frozen ova, the falling on the floor at Scott's visit, the trying on wedding dresses without a wedding date = too much for this PTVer.  Try womanhood, Tinsely -- it's actually awesome.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Bethenny' s "I am alone too"  is the core root issue that  propels her tantrums and antics. 

WTH is she even talking about? She has Dennis who she claims loves her and wants to marry her, however, she is not ready to get married. Or is it over with her and Dennis again? 

• Love 11
55 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am surprised to learn Tinsley and Mother were on Dr. Phil...I guess he couldn't help them.  

Oh, yes. It was when Tins first left Topper and mommy Dale was very, very unhappy about it. She thought Tins was making a huge mistake and wanted her to go back to Topper, who, by the way, was continually crying the blues to mommy Dale about how heartbroken he was. He sounds like a real winner, too. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

My mom's printer is one of those. All parts still work great!

That whole exchange is a shining example of what I don't like about Beth's humor sometimes. She fixates on something and just Beats! It! Into! The! Ground! She is going to keep repeating a joke until everybody laughs, goddamnit! She is funny! If you aren't laughing, she'll just say it again even louder! No matter how hurtful or unfunny the "joke" may be. She won't let it go.

"Chillin with my snowmies", get it, get it, do you get it? It's so funny, do you get it? It's like chillin' with my homies except it's snowmen, ha ha ha! Can you believe how clever it is? Ha, ha, ha!!!

2 hours ago, weaver said:

That was the line that did me in.  Bethenny's whole mantra last night was "jill said she was wrong."  She seemed to have no appreciation of the year plus of agony Jill must have had with Bobby back and forth to the hospital for weeks and weeks, and then finally home to hospice care for close to a month.  She waited to make her dramatic appearance at the funeral in her widow's weeds.  Jill's own sister looked more casual.    Let's face it, when Bethenny doesn't want to do something, production cannot force her to do it so going to that funeral was her choice.  Ramona did visit Bobby many times in the hospital; Jill alluded to it in her Instagram throughout the year.   It was no surprise that Bobby died; he was home in hospice care for about 6 weeks; Bethenny had ample time to visit.  

This. Both Beth and Jill acknowledged that Bobby loved Bethenny. Couldn't Beth have called Jill and said that no matter the strife between the women, Beth loved Bobby and wanted to see him while he was still with us? I'm sure Jill would not have refused.

1 hour ago, mwell345 said:

I honestly am at the point where I think that Bethenny has no social skills whatsoever.  Sure she can run her business and charities and make speeches, but I just don't think she is capable of 1:1 conversations or relationships.  With Jill, you express your sympathy, maybe say  you'll call her in a few days, ,and move on.  That's all she had to do.

I doubt Bethenny has many close friends at all.  Her deepest conversations seem to be with her driver.

I think her employees are her only close friends. I think Beth needs to have a leg up on her friends. She has to be the dominant one, which is easier when your friends work for you.

As much as Bethenny can be unlikable, the show wouldn't be (and wasn't) the same without her, IMO. I think she's interesting, smart and can be witty. I do find her entertaining.

• Love 14

Gift bags... back in the day Jill Z was all about the gift bags - with Zarin Fabrics splayed across the front. I think Bethenny's gift bag comment was a throw back to that. I think she was awkward and nervous and blurted out things most folks wouldn't think of saying at a funeral. And if it is true that this is the first time she's really seen or talked to Jill since their falling out many moons ago - no wonder she was a babbling mess - she had no clue what to say and went to her comfort zone, IMO. Not saying what she said was ok - but it wasn't THAT horrible and I think she was attempting to make Jill feel better with the "I'm alone too" comment, not meaning it literally. Her retelling the story of her taking Bryn over to Jill's, and Jill meeting her for the very first time wasn't that horrible either IMO - as a viewer I want to know this detail, after all, BF was pregnant with Bryn when her and Jill ended. I thought it was touching. It also alludes to a reconciliation. I think she was really hurt by Jill turning on her and couldn't get beyond that resentment to visit Bobby. Not to mention having her own life. I'm guessing Bobby's actual death smacked her in the head and all the past positive memories came flooding in. And she felt horrible. The private plane comment - it's a show about wealthy (well, except for Sonja - lol) New Yorkers - mentioning the PP shouldn't be that surprising. It demonstrates her urgency to get back. At least she didn't mention the "fortune of money" spent on acquiring said private plane ala Jill back in the day. It's obvious BF doesn't always think before she speaks. All in all I was honestly touched by seeing Jill and Bethenny back together, and I loathed Jill for YEARS after BF left the show. (not just because of what she did to BF, she was awful to Alex as well and all around unlikeable near the end of her time with RHONY). I now could see Jill coming back to the show, with the storyline being, her widowed life, and reconciling with Bethenny - if BF chooses to stick with the show (I doubt she's done anything to the powers that be to cause her to be booted, so I'm guessing it's on BF if she returns or not).

Ok - enough about BF. Tins and Carole are "just a couple o' girls trying to make it through life" - or... a couple of mentally 16yr olds trapped in 40+ bodies... I did like seeing Carole's home finally - ten episodes in. And I liked seeing one of the cats. Although the eating popcorn while on the phone was goofy - overall I enjoyed that sequence as it harkened back to her earlier seasons and times when I actually didn't mind her at all. Wish she'd stop chewing on the anti-Bethenny bone. As well as the anti-Luann bone. If she has something going on in her life besides THE MARATHON and on again off again Adam, it would be nice to see some of that. I still don't know what Luann did to Tinsley to cause Tins to be so snarky. Tho I realize it's her backing up her show BFF Carole.

• Love 21
21 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Kevin didn’t drive Beth to the funeral/memorial service. I am really hoping he escaped and found another job.

No he’s still driving. If she had a scheduled out of town stay he probably had the week off. So she would use a service. 

• Love 4

So sorry for the loss of your sweet dog ButterQueen.  :(  

Goodness there was a LOT to unpack this episode.  I didn't think I could cringe more for Tinsley that I did during her fall-on-the-floor-screeching she did a few episodes ago but NOPE.  I was wrong! She outdid herself this episode.  And girl, come on, even if you do get married again, you'll be 43 and it's your 2nd (technically 3rd since she married Topper twice)--- you do NOT really need the Poofy White Gown Princess Moment, do you?  And don't get me started on the eggs.  ON that subject... would they really advise you to harvest some more at 42?  I thought the idea was to freeze them when you are young--or at least under 35?  But tbh, I don't know nothing about freezing eggs. 

I will sit at a quiet table for one (sipping Ramona Pinot Gris or Vanderpump Rose, natch) thinking that Carole's commentary on Lu's arrest was really not worthy of all the pearl clutching and admonishment I'm reading about.  The woman called Carole a pedo and took every opportunity she could to delight in tearing down Carole for dating Adam. So yeah, I'm fine with Carole taking a little delight in Lu's arrest. Not to mention I was watching some older NY episodes recently and happened to come upon Lu's tag line for Season 4... or 5?  "For some people, living elegantly just comes naturally."  Lu, I'll hand it to ya, you did VERY gracefully and elegantly slip those cuffs!  

12 hours ago, sasha206 said:

While I admire the ex-cons for their business venture, I can't imagine wanting to work out there.  It may be funny for the first time, but it was so bleak (I mean, I realize it's the theme), and no music?  Just looked like hell.

I just assumed there was music being played, but Bravo didn't want to have to obtain the copyrights for it.  Kind of like when we see them out dancing at bars, restaurants, parties, they never play the actual music they're dancing to--just layer over some generic instrumental stuff.  But IDK--perhaps the no-music is part of the "hardcore- no frills" theme of the gym! 

11 hours ago, Jets4274 said:

Is it just me or is Tinsley's line in the show open ("Why would I cook when I can order room service?") the worst?  I think I find everything about her irritating.

It's not just you.  I STILL kind of like Tins (despite feeling major embarrassment for her in some scenes) but that line is horrific.  It rivals my absolute most DETESTED HW line ever---from the long-canceled RHof DC's Mary: "I don't make money. I spend money."  I still want to punch that woman just thinking about her obnoxious delivery of it.  

7 hours ago, film noire said:

Yes, it's an enormous relief to know that Bobby's real loyalty lay not with his beloved partner of nearly two decades, but with Bethenny Fucking Frankel.  (That's the world she lives in: a woman is widowed, a daughter left without a stepfather,  and still, Bethenny claims victory  -- yay, you, Bethenny,  yay you.  Go talk to Carole; maybe somebody will throw you a fucking theme party to celebrate.)

If I know one thing about Bobby Zarin, it's that he wouldn't like Frankel using his death to score points against his wife. What a shame Bethenny - having met the man -- doesn't seem to know that as well. 

I think you're being very unfair, KeyWestclubKid!

Who among us hasn't approached a grieving widow only to inform her of one's own losses and loneliness? Who hasn't treated condolences like a funereal Facebook update?  (Feeling: OVERLOOKED.)  Who among us hasn't worn an ornate get-up to a funeral (the only thing missing was a fake Groucho nose and glasses) in order to appear inconspicuous to the paparazzi? Who hasn't watched someone -- a close relative, a dear friend, a frenemy, a total fucking stranger on tv -- in the middle of grieving the brutal death of a loved one and then immediately run to tell the whole world:"HEY EVERYBODY THE DEAD GUY THOUGHT I WAS RIGHT!!!" Who hasn't attended shiva and spoken not of the widow's courage and grief,  but instead of how "humble" she was, how earnestly she (in the middle of a profound loss) made obeisance over a bitter spat?

No, no, Bethenny handled it all selflessly and with only kindness towards those grieving, KeyWest -- not a whiff of narcissim about her.

As cringeworthy as it was, I'd rather watch Tins try on wedding dresses than watch Frankel try to snatch the widow's veil off Jill Zarin's head.

~The Password clue this episode is "Humbled" (the same word Bethenny used for both Luann and Jill  -- psst, Ramona? Want to know what Bethenny's idea of hardcore porn is? No water beds involved:  just Dennis whispering "They've all been HUMBLED!!!!!!" and Skinnygirl explodes like a rocket). 

OK, the REAL crime here isn't Lu's arrest or Lu's dress. It's that this post doesn't have 1,000 likes yet!!   Bravo and kadooz for such an eloquent and hilarious post. 

3 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Scott's gotta tell Tinsley he's moving to Yemen.  I'm sure there's a vacancy at 1 Yemen Road.

Didn't Tinsley say she got married right out of high school?  The caption on her wedding photo said 2009- is she pretending she's not 40?

I don't want Jill coming back.  Without Bobby around as a calming influence I feel she'll be beyond horrible, she'll make Ramona look sweet in comparison.

Carole, you're not cute.  Bye.

OK I am glad I am not the only one whose mind went to Scott relocating to "1 Yemen Road" - classic! 

Tins and Topper eloped right out of high school; divorced; then properly married later. 

• Love 14
13 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

That whole interaction up until she asked where are the gift bags keep circling back to her lol I was sitting here stunned 

And even then I thought she was asking about gift bags because she wanted to slip some Skinny Girl Jeans samples into them.

12 hours ago, Portae said:

These women are endlessly amused by incarceration as only privileged white women can be. 

Not enough Amens for this. 

That prison workout was the only time I've seen Sonja drop the preening coquettish act when in the presence of men. She actually took a noticeable step or two back when she went to shake the hand of the black felon with the dreads!

• Love 8

This may be the first time I've really really cried during a HW show. Seeing all those old clips of Bobby....damn. And he looked so good, even just a year ago! Very very sad. 

It also made me cry to see Jill and Bethenny together. I think that was a genuine moment. And I don't think Bethenny's "I'm alone" comment was an example of trying to make Bobby's death about her. I know Bethenny often says the wrong thing, but I think she's just socially awkward. She prefaced that comment, by remarking on how many friends Jill had. I don't think she was trying to equate being a divorcee with being a widow, but reassuring Jill that she wasn't alone; she has so many people around her who love her - unlike Bethenny, who has a harder time maintaining friendships. I also think it may have been her awkward-Bethenny way of letting Jill know SHE'D be one of those people there for her as well. 

I thought it was nice that Bethenny then when on to sit shiva with Jill and let Jill meet Brynn. What a refreshing sight that must have been, during such a dark time. You know, as much as I hated Jill by the end, I really did love the friendship between those two. It was so authentic in the beginning, so fun. It would be nice if after having such crap thrown at them in the past few years, they were both humbled enough to put it behind them and try and be friends again. I know, my cold heart is crumbling just a bit! 

Tinsley and her mother are freaks. Fuh-reaks! I know, I know....I'm sure some of that was set up by production. But hey, they went along with it. 

First, Tinsley's reaction to the comment Dale made on the boat? Calm the fuck down. Yea, it's annoying when your family puts any pressure on your partner. But it was one, little comment and Tinsley acted like Dale walked in there and asked for his sperm. She was so hysterical. Girl, if your guy can't handle one annoying comment from your mama, he's not the right one. 

They're not together in real time, are they? But, I mean, does Scott not watch TV? She knew he'd see this eventually. I just really don't get trying on wedding dresses when you're not even engaged. I'm not into the traditional big wedding anyway; so trying on dresses, period, does not sound fun to me. But, publicity aside, just seems like a waste for the shop to close down for you....so you can try on a bunch of dresses....none of which you're going to buy. (Although, I wouldn't be surprised if those cuckoos were the type to buy up a bunch of wedding dresses...."just in case.")

Then they call the egg doctor while sitting there in the bridal shop!!! Who does that? The crying over seeing the eggs? I just can't. They're not embryos, just EGGS. I don't get the suggestion that Tinsley freeze more, either. How many does she need? She's in her 40s. How many kids does she plan to have with this hypothetical man that can handle her screeching and caterwauling? She's a nice enough girl, but I couldn't be in a relationship with her. She's too much. 

Not much to say about Lu. I agree with Bethenny that she seemed the most open and vulnerable I've ever seen her. I really hope her situation knocked some sense into her. I've no idea how she's doing in real time. I don't expect perfection. But she needed to get a grip. Dorinda needs one too. It was interesting that she said she "changed my lifestyle" as a result of what happened to Lu. I'd be curious to know more about what that meant. It'd be great if she cut back on the drinking as well. 

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

And even then I thought she was asking about gift bags because she wanted to slip some Skinny Girl Jeans samples into them.

lol the only thing i can kinda see was that was  her way of making a joke to try to make Jill laugh even for a moment with the Gift bag comment.... EVERYTHING else was not cool and was somehow about her but I cant fault her for making the gift bag joke even if it was at a bad time....or thats how i took the comment :)

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

The woman called Carole a pedo and took every opportunity she could to delight in tearing down Carole for dating Adam.

So, the pedo comment supposedly happened at a filmed Bravo even in a room full of people but it was not caught on camera nor did Carole actually hear it but it was relayed back to her, I believe by Heather who did not like Luann, and we all know how those telephone games go.  Also, Luann only went after Carole for the Adam thing during season 7, after that it was dropped completely and Luann moved on and has been nothing but nice to Carole who continually and consistently is a bitch to Luann.

Carole however did accuse Luann of sleeping with young boys (which is basically calling Luann a pedo) on her twitter, and posted a nip slip of Luann and Carole and Adam had Luann's underage son LIE to his mother about their shenanigans. If everything was so up and up there would have been no need to lie to Luann or have her son involved. Having children lie to their parents and keep secrets is actually a pedo move that they do and Carole is lucky she didn't have a serious beat down from Luann over that.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I still need to watch this episode, but did I hear this correctly in next week's previews????

Hide contents

Did someone call Ramona out for vigorously attempting to get an invite to Tom's NYE party???

yup Luann did and Ramona's come back was well you didn't invite me to your wedding so it doesn't matter lol (crazy ro is back next week)

• Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Not all business can be done by phone!!  

Hard copy is more than an old celeb-u-smut show.  Anyone who relies exclusively on the cloud, will find themselves in a serious rainstorm one day.  ymmv

1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Thank you for confirming that. I have been wondering if a line of jeans called Skinny girl would appeal to plus-sized women. 

Only those of us with a twisted sense of humor. 

My soh is straight as an arrow.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

yup Luann did and Ramona's come back was well you didn't invite me to your wedding so it doesn't matter lol (crazy ro is back next week)

Oh gawd, this has EPIC written all over it!

I thought Ramona looked all sorts of guilty in that ride with Dorinda.

Now I just have to watch this episode after work...Thanks, KWCK!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, twilightzone said:

Bobby became known through the show - and was beloved by fans - and sadly, he died while they was filming.  They could not have not acknowledged it and the tribute to him in flashbacks was very tasteful.   And what aired was only a brief street scene.  Nothing on the actual service. 

I agree. I didn't have a problem with what was shown. It wasn't the service, or the shiva later. It wasn't anything intimate. Jill was shown for about 2 minutes. I appreciated the tribute to Mr. Zarin. Many of us delighted in watching him on the show. 

26 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

Gift bags... back in the day Jill Z was all about the gift bags - with Zarin Fabrics splayed across the front. I think Bethenny's gift bag comment was a throw back to that. I think she was awkward and nervous and blurted out things most folks wouldn't think of saying at a funeral. And if it is true that this is the first time she's really seen or talked to Jill since their falling out many moons ago - no wonder she was a babbling mess - she had no clue what to say and went to her comfort zone, IMO. Not saying what she said was ok - but it wasn't THAT horrible

I agree. I think she was trying to find a way to reconnect with Jill. Bethenny often sticks her foot in her mouth, but I think she comes from a good place. 

Ok - enough about BF. Tins and Carole are "just a couple o' girls trying to make it through life" - or... a couple of mentally 16yr olds trapped in 40+ bodies

I'm so tired of how adorable Carole thinks she is. Repeatedly missing work deadlines is not cute. How does anyone still want to work with her? 

• Love 16
(edited)
28 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I thought it was nice that Bethenny then when on to sit shiva with Jill and let Jill meet Brynn. What a refreshing sight that must have been, during such a dark time. You know, as much as I hated Jill by the end, I really did love the friendship between those two. It was so authentic in the beginning, so fun. It would be nice if after having such crap thrown at them in the past few years, they were both humbled enough to put it behind them and try and be friends again. I know, my cold heart is crumbling just a bit! 

I wanna hear Bethany's excuse for not going to see Bobby on his Death bed... the man who thought of her like family was always kind to her and would do anything for her... When EVERYONE else who had an issue with Jill put it to the side to be there for Bobby has he died but her... what kind of a person does that??? I dont care if I hated the wife or husband, that doesn't matter you push that away to be with the dying person. it wasn't about jill it was about BOBBY. Hell if Jill kicked her out at least she would have tried but she didn't try at all  ......she knew he was way Ill and there is no way she didn't know just how bad it was or that he was being sent home on hospice to die (esp when everyone on this show knew). her showing up after he was dead doesn't cut it for me its selfish and heartless esp for a woman with so much money she can chater private plans to wisk anywhere she could want to go at a moments notice

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 13
19 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

It also made me cry to see Jill and Bethenny together. I think that was a genuine moment. And I don't think Bethenny's "I'm alone" comment was an example of trying to make Bobby's death about her. I know Bethenny often says the wrong thing, but I think she's just socially awkward. She prefaced that comment, by remarking on how many friends Jill had. I don't think she was trying to equate being a divorcee with being a widow, but reassuring Jill that she wasn't alone; she has so many people around her who love her - unlike Bethenny, who has a harder time maintaining friendships. I also think it may have been her awkward-Bethenny way of letting Jill know SHE'D be one of those people there for her as well. 

I have a love/hate thing for Beth and I typically think she makes EVERYTHING about herself, but I would agree on the "I'm alone" comment.  I think she was trying to comfort her and wanted to reassure her as well.   As if I'm alone, also but it's going to be okay.  You have many friends that love you.     

• Love 12

Jeez, this show really has morphed into The Golden Girls.  The girls go to jail, eh?  Wasn't that the one where Burt Reynolds showed up?  Now all they needed to do was have a walk-on by some famous hot old(er) guy.  James Denton?  Nah, not famous.  David Gandy?  OK, he's not old, just looks it.  Brad Pitt?  Maybe.

Anyhoo, me thinks the producers are binging too much on The GG's on TVLand & Hallmark.  Could this be producers' formula?

Moaner = Sofia

Bethenny + Carole = Dorothy

Sonja + Lu = Blanche

Tinz + Dorinda = Rose

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I think she comes from a good place

No, she keeps tellin' you, she comes from a place of yes.

13 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Harvesting additional eggs from a 40+ year-old woman is not really cost-effective.  There is a small chance that one of those eggs will be viable, but most will not be.  

Except we're talking about a 42-yr old who thinks she's 20.  So she's thinking her eggs young.

13 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I wanna hear Bethany's excuse for not going to see Bobby on his Death bed... the man who thought of her like family was always kind to her and would do anything for her... When EVERYONE else who had an issue with Jill put it to the side to be there for Bobby has he died but her... what kind of a person does that??? I dont care if I hated the wife or husband, that doesn't matter you push that away to be with the dying person. it wasn't about jill it was about BOBBY. Hell if Jill kicked her out at least she would have tried but she didn't try at all  ......she knew he was way Ill and there is no way she didn't know just how bad it was or that he was being sent home on hospice to die (esp when everyone on this show knew). her showing up after he was dead doesn't cut it for me its selfish and heartless esp for a woman with so much money she can chater private plans to wisk anywhere she could want to go at a moments notice

I actually don't find that terribly wrong.  If she hadn't seen Jill in 6 years, she probably hadn't seen Bobby in as long.  Even if she had, not everyone finds it appropriate.  Sometimes, even the closest of friends prefer to keep it with family/intimate relationships in a situation like that.

• Love 10
(edited)
18 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

No, she keeps tellin' you, she comes from a place of yes.

Except we're talking about a 42-yr old who thinks she's 20.  So she's thinking her eggs young.

I actually don't find that terribly wrong.  If she hadn't seen Jill in 6 years, she probably hadn't seen Bobby in as long.  Even if she had, not everyone finds it appropriate.  Sometimes, even the closest of friends prefer to keep it with family/intimate relationships in a situation like that.

We are talking about someone who was a HUGE part of her life for soo long who she thought of like a Father (she said) Hell even Ramona went to see him and she hadn't talked to Jill in just has long that excuse would just be so hollow if that is what it was.. again this wasn't about Jill it was about Bobby who was dying thats a big difference between not talking to someones wife you are mad at and not going to see them when they are dying....

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

Honestly I don't mind the scenes with Tinsley and Dale.  It's somehow endearing to me.  I would LOVE to play dress up at a bridal salon.  LOVE.  But sadly I don't have a mans.  If I ever get married, you better believe I'm not holding back and getting whatever style I want, even if I'm 80 years old.  Bring me ALL of the giant tulle skirts.  

I agree with you.  If only Tinsley was asked to marry first.  Mother and daughter have a sister relationship which is nice for now, but when a husband and baby comes into the equation, Dale might become known as a meddler.  I could just see Tinsley calling her Mother every hour.  I wonder if Scott knows he’s going to be a sperm donor anytime now.  If she gets engaged, I hope she goes to Kleinfelds so we can see her bring Gale and all the housewives.  Haha.  I don’t blame you for wanting all the bells and whistles.  It will be your day, and anything goes.  Good luck.

• Love 2

Bethenny seems like one of those people who has to upstage the baby at the christening, the bride at the wedding and the corpse at the funeral.  I'm surprised she didn't show up in Skinnygirl red. I remember a funeral where the deceased's brother's girlfriend of a hot minute wore this flowy, white, beach dress that was so out of place and inappropriate because she just "didn't do black at funerals".  And then jumped into the receiving line, or whatever it's called, where the widow and then man's father were standing, even though she never even met the guy.

I feel for Tinsley. I have a friend who is childless by circumstance and not by choice and it's hard. It's painful when the thing you want so badly is out of your reach and you constantly see that some women get so easily even when it's unwanted. Tinsley's clock is definitely ticking loudly and the frozen eggs are no guarantee of anything. But...Brigitte Neilson is expecting a bay at 56 (presumably with a donor egg) so with modern science there is hope.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BodhiGurl said:

Gift bags... back in the day Jill Z was all about the gift bags - with Zarin Fabrics splayed across the front. I think Bethenny's gift bag comment was a throw back to that. I think she was awkward and nervous and blurted out things most folks wouldn't think of saying at a funeral. And if it is true that this is the first time she's really seen or talked to Jill since their falling out many moons ago - no wonder she was a babbling mess - she had no clue what to say and went to her comfort zone, IMO. Not saying what she said was ok - but it wasn't THAT horrible and I think she was attempting to make Jill feel better with the "I'm alone too" comment, not meaning it literally. Her retelling the story of her taking Bryn over to Jill's, and Jill meeting her for the very first time wasn't that horrible either IMO - as a viewer I want to know this detail, after all, BF was pregnant with Bryn when her and Jill ended. I thought it was touching. It also alludes to a reconciliation. I think she was really hurt by Jill turning on her and couldn't get beyond that resentment to visit Bobby. Not to mention having her own life. I'm guessing Bobby's actual death smacked her in the head and all the past positive memories came flooding in. And she felt horrible. The private plane comment - it's a show about wealthy (well, except for Sonja - lol) New Yorkers - mentioning the PP shouldn't be that surprising. It demonstrates her urgency to get back. At least she didn't mention the "fortune of money" spent on acquiring said private plane ala Jill back in the day. It's obvious BF doesn't always think before she speaks. All in all I was honestly touched by seeing Jill and Bethenny back together, and I loathed Jill for YEARS after BF left the show. (not just because of what she did to BF, she was awful to Alex as well and all around unlikeable near the end of her time with RHONY). I now could see Jill coming back to the show, with the storyline being, her widowed life, and reconciling with Bethenny - if BF chooses to stick with the show (I doubt she's done anything to the powers that be to cause her to be booted, so I'm guessing it's on BF if she returns or not).

Ok - enough about BF. Tins and Carole are "just a couple o' girls trying to make it through life" - or... a couple of mentally 16yr olds trapped in 40+ bodies... I did like seeing Carole's home finally - ten episodes in. And I liked seeing one of the cats. Although the eating popcorn while on the phone was goofy - overall I enjoyed that sequence as it harkened back to her earlier seasons and times when I actually didn't mind her at all. Wish she'd stop chewing on the anti-Bethenny bone. As well as the anti-Luann bone. If she has something going on in her life besides THE MARATHON and on again off again Adam, it would be nice to see some of that. I still don't know what Luann did to Tinsley to cause Tins to be so snarky. Tho I realize it's her backing up her show BFF Carole.

I agree 100% with you and the Bethenny stuff.  And I'd like to add I also am on her side regarding the fax machine.  I'm in the C-suite at a major medical center and (attorneys, CPA's and MD's) when someone ask me for our fax number, I say "hold please, while I go back to the 90's".  We have a fax, don't know its number, the only action it sees are getaway vacation scams.  #truth

• Love 5