Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Faux Weddings and a Funeral

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, laffytaffy997 said:

Tinsley was reminding me of the episode of Friends, when Rachel was trying to get Joshua to marry her since Ross had just gotten engaged to Emily, but he said no. Later in the episode all the girls were hanging out in the apartment wearing wedding dresses just for fun. There was someone at the door and Rachel thought it would be funny to answer the door in the wedding dress and it ended up being Joshua and he freaked out and ran away.

Omg that’s one of my favorite Friends episodes and YES that was 100% Tinsley in this episode!! ?

• Love 6
18 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

The dress Luann had on when she was arrested was the same one she wore to Sonja's Madhatter tea party - this was when Tinsley was first introduced to the other ladies and where Carole told Ramona how she had the most creds in politics

Someone made fun of Luann dress then - it might have been Carole.

I'd sooner wear Luann's dress than Carole's tattoo unitard

I'd rather go nude than wear either of them.

• Love 6
On 6/13/2018 at 8:38 PM, nexxie said:

What’s that old saying - don’t cry over frozen eggs?

As the man said, they aren't fertilized! They're just eggs. Gosh, they are foolish women. I pity Scott. I hope he comes to his senses after he watches this episode. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, chewycandy said:

She did cuddle it for a minute...meanwhile, Sonja is throwing Marley everywhere. 

She got her puppy settled.   And yes, Sonja roughly handled poor Marley, and re-homed (abandoned) her other dog and cat to good people (probably high-kill shelters).  Sonja never liked Marley because he wasn't her precious Millou.  That's why you don't immediately replace a beloved dog with a duplicate, bitch.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I had to look it up..I googled name of island Andy Shawshank Redemption - LOL - my memory isn't that great

That's what Andy says to remind Red!  I have seen this movie wayyyyy too many times.

9 hours ago, Rap541 said:

If I seem to be dismissing  the "I'm alone too" remark, it's because people say awkward things at funerals and wakes. If I dismissed every person who said something I found hurtful and actually mean when my father died last August, I'd likely have no friends left. And I would certainly have no family. Little tip btw - if someone close to the deceased had to fly in on an emergency basis because an illness took a dramatic downturn only to have the loved one die three hours after entering the home, they probably don't want to hear "He was waiting for *you* to go".

I agree it is very hard for people to get it "right" when trying to talk to the grieving person.  And everyone has a different reaction to something said.  I heard a lot of the "she was waiting for you to go" when my grandma died (she died shortly after I got there), and I thought it was a nice thing to say.  It made me happy to think that she was waiting for me.  

3 hours ago, QuinnM said:

So the place that she has for rent in the Hampton’s was just updated?  I remember thinking that the kitchen and baths in the photos needed an update but she had this new Bertazzoni range.  I’m going to have to go back and look again.  Maybe she just picked some finishes that I thought were out of date.

They showed the Hamptons house being re-done (tm Melissa Gorga) down to the studs on the show.  With the hot contractor.

• Love 7

Urg, Bravo, you need to post something like FX does warning viewers that some content will disturb viewers.  people on screen will be eating while petting animals. Disgusting. 

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

and her junk added to it!

Carole had on underwear in the Turkish (non)steam bath. You could see the black cloth as she started to lie back. If she had nothing on, the editors would have used the blurry censorship effect that they've used in the past for Sonja.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

She got her puppy settled.   And yes, Sonja roughly handled poor Marley, and re-homed (abandoned) her other dog and cat to good people (probably high-kill shelters).  Sonja never liked Marley because he wasn't her precious Millou.  That's why you don't immediately replace a beloved dog with a duplicate, bitch.

The dog/cat actually did go to nice homes, not abandoned in HK shelters. I believe Sonja posted photos of them in their new homes on twitter right after that episode.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, chewycandy said:

She said it was vintage Ralph Lauren. I agree, saw nothing wrong with it. 

Alex was so humorless and awkward :/ She was okay her first season. I didn’t like the bullying she received, though. 

Speaking of which, Beth stands up for Sonja against Dorinda from the preview...D snarks on Sawn’s family crest ring, the one she’s worn on her pinky for as long as we’ve watched her. Tinsley wears one too...

ahhhhh, is that the same dress she wore at someone's garden party?   

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Yes, it was! The very same dress many made fun of, including a number of NY HWs back then to Sonja's garden party.

• Love 7

loved Bobby Zarin.   And I’ve known a couple of friends who have similar marriages; one partner lives to bring joy to the other, because the relationship provides them with so much.  They seemed to adore each other.  As much as people remember Bobby giving Jill expensive gifts, she clearly, to me at least, valued his opinion without question, trusted him wholeheartedly, and they seemed extraordinarily loving towards one another’s children from their first marriages.   Thank you to those who remembered instantly and accurately that back in the day, when Beth suggested her fight with Jill put Bobby in the middle, he immediately and firmly said, I wouldn’t be in the middle.   YES.   Isn’t that the snapshot of your relationship you’d want to hold in you, to know directly that your lover and best friend claimed you with enduring loyalty and pride?  I think many people would feel that way but few would have the strength of character and calmness to say it.   Bobby was a grown-up, and very loved.   What a damned awful shame.

I saw photos of B, Dorinda, Ramona and Sonja at Bobby’s service.   Beth and Sonja looked like such assholes with their Looky Here! winter accessorizing - it almost made Doris’s insane coat look sober.   Seriously.   Assholes.   

I am amazed Sonja’s repairs got done...I hope her contractors got paid...

I rewatched and thought the mean commentary was really all Carole, no?  Tinsley makes fun of herself a fair amount.   Carole has an abundance of arrogance - it’s beyond self-esteem.   She is mean to the bone.   I saw it emerging with Jules but she’s completely out of control now.   Every snide, shitty remark about Ludini makes Carole seem even smaller and less fulfilled - and her acting out at Conbody was just embarrassing.   She’s not cute.  

• Love 21
49 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

That's what Andy says to remind Red!  I have seen this movie wayyyyy too many times.

I agree it is very hard for people to get it "right" when trying to talk to the grieving person.  And everyone has a different reaction to something said.  I heard a lot of the "she was waiting for you to go" when my grandma died (she died shortly after I got there), and I thought it was a nice thing to say.  It made me happy to think that she was waiting for me.  

They showed the Hamptons house being re-done (tm Melissa Gorga) down to the studs on the show.  With the hot contractor.

What am I missing on the tm?  LOL  "re-done"?  Is that not a term?  (asking for a friend)

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

What am I missing on the tm?  LOL  "re-done"?  Is that not a term?  (asking for a friend)

Oh no sorry!  Yes, it is a word!  I was just thinking as I typed it that it was the term Melissa Gorga used in her card as a dig at Teresa, that her house wasn't NEW, it was RE-DONE.

(oh, HunterHunted provided a link - thank you!)

I cannot figure Carole out.  Is she sophisticated and fancy?  Is she a childish mean girly-girl?  Is she spacey, or focused?  I know that people can be many things, but she is really strangely many different things, all of them irritating.

• Love 13
29 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

It's a perfectly fine term that managed to spark a multi year feud on New Jersey because those people are classless ignoramuses (ignorami).

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey/season-3/blogs/melissa-gorga/on-sprinkle-cookies%3f

Thanks - Not sure how I missed that debate.....I say re-did, so I'm really an ignoramus  lol.

1 minute ago, heatherchandler said:

Oh no sorry!  Yes, it is a word!  I was just thinking as I typed it that it was the term Melissa Gorga used in her card as a dig at Teresa, that her house wasn't NEW, it was RE-DONE.

(oh, HunterHunted provided a link - thank you!)

I cannot figure Carole out.  Is she sophisticated and fancy?  Is she a childish mean girly-girl?  Is she spacey, or focused?  I know that people can be many things, but she is really strangely many different things, all of them irritating.

[sitting in my cube saying "ooohhhhhhhhh" a little too loud]  I remember that now.  :)

• Love 4
On 6/14/2018 at 2:09 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Ramona’s wine glasses are outdated. Sonja’s fax machine is outdated. But naming your dogs Biggie and Smalls is not outdated.

BWAHAAHA this made me LOL so hard. Also, BH DORIT, I noticed (wine glasses jogged my memory) Amesale serves champs in stemless champs glasses. 

On 6/14/2018 at 2:30 PM, Gem 10 said:

Talking about Mothers,  who else had a Mother who came up from Florida who was a pain?  I would just ABSOLUTELY LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it if Bethennys Mother came on.  Would that be some t.v. or not?  Impossible, I know, but I can dream.  Maybe Bobby’s death put things in perspective and Bethenny would reach out to her someday.

Bethenny bringing her mother on is her grand finale, the ace up her sleeve. She might need it after this season showing her ass. Bethenny is so vile. She as always since S1 been this girl. 

22 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

This... all of this. The hypocrisy on display this ep was so glaring, so neon in its garishness, that I will punch the TV if Satan Andy doesn't mention it during the reunion. I've never seen a woman without an ounce of humility profess, over and over again, how much humbling every other woman around her needs.

I'd like to quote B herself here, on the St. John boat back in season 3 when she set Krazy KKB straight: "Everyone's seeing it, and it's you. So stop. The f*&%$ing. Bull$%!@."

KKB knew. She knew long before us (well not before me!) about Bethenny's antics and and narcissism.  She wasn't the best equipped HW to expose Bethenny's true self, but she knew. 

18 hours ago, AnnA said:

....Is she black? ........Only on Halloween LOL

I can't stand Bethenny but that line made me laugh. Write this day down on the calendar! :-) 1 for Bethenny that was funny. 

• Love 11
22 hours ago, chewycandy said:

I actually didn’t mind her “I’m alone too” comment that much. It was like you’re alone, I’m alone, it sucks, but  we will keep going, we have our daughters, etc. 

I'm sure Jill was grateful for any words. Bethenny's sentiment was there. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Unfortunately, it's not the same dress. The one she wore to the garden party was a dark blue with mauve flowers.  I can't believe she  has two of the RL dresses still in her closet. 

• Love 9
(edited)
19 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny is not that funny, she really isn't, she is more miss than hit IMO, and her "jokes" are always at someone else's expense. Bethenny, season 1 thru 3 was funny because her biting humor was turned against herself more than it was at others. Even she admits she wouldn't take kindly or forgive anyone else if they talked to her the way she does the others! And, IMO, Bethenny has changed, she is more bitter, nasty, cruel and judgmental than she ever was in the beginning years of the show. And just because Bravo rewards her behavior, doesn't make her any less nasty/cruel/bitter, just like her bff/boss Andy who has serious issues with/about women in general. 

As for Carole's sense of humor, it is very much like Bethenny's, almost always at someone else's expense, which is why she/Bethenny were/are perfect for each other. Oh, and many here joked about the dress Luann was wearing when she was arrested, heck, it is the same dress Bethenny made fun of at Sonja's party last season.

Agreed! I never thought she was funny from the very first season she was on. She was the underdog so she got away with a lot but she's always had a hit or miss vocab and want some what to classify as "wit". She went in on others plenty from day one so she's always been a bitch in my eyes. I saw right through her from the first scene I saw her in. (I started watching NY season two) Saw season one after so I guess that's why. Cause she was already getting terrible by season 2 and when I saw season one all of the crap was easy to spot even if it was somewhat a bit more subtle. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 8
(edited)
On 6/14/2018 at 3:09 PM, Gem 10 said:

Don’t get me wrong, because I love Bethenny no matter what, but I don’t understand why she waited until Bobby died to go.  He would have been thrilled to see her come to him while he was alive.  It would have given him peace to see Jill with Bethenny again.  Why didn’t she go?

Maybe she didn't want to lie to Bobby on his deathbed when he asked if Beth could work it out with Jill? IMO Jill really did a number on Bethenny. I would find it hard to rekindle that friendship. 

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 10
47 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

BWAHAAHA this made me LOL so hard. Also, BH DORIT, I noticed (wine glasses jogged my memory) Amesale serves champs in stemless champs glasses. 

Bethenny bringing her mother on is her grand finale, the ace up her sleeve. She might need it after this season showing her ass. Bethenny is so vile. She as always since S1 been this girl. 

KKB knew. She knew long before us (well not before me!) about Bethenny's antics and and narcissism.  She wasn't the best equipped HW to expose Bethenny's true self, but she knew. 

I can't stand Bethenny but that line made me laugh. Write this day down on the calendar! :-) 1 for Bethenny that was funny. 

She tired that 2 seasons ago, at the reunion she said she planned on introducing Bryn to her mother, that they had a good phone conversation where they decided that each had their own truth about Bethenny's childhood. Just like her promise, again on camera, to introduce Bryn to her former step father, it was nothing more than a needed sound bite to soften her aggressive/nasty personality. It will never happen and it will be that Bernadette's choice to refuse meeting with Bethenny, not the other way around.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I immediately thought of RHoBH Dorit when I saw those champagne glasses at Amsale! (I also thought that I would probably knock those over constantly.)

• Love 6

It was actually heartwarming to see Jill and Bethenny reconnect over their mutual love for Bobby. Exactly what Bobby would have wanted. The only part that left a bad taste in my mind was in the TH when Bethenny felt she needed to announce the ONLY time Bobby told Jill "no" was in regards to their feud with Jill wanting Bobby to fix it for her. Oh, Bethenny! Jill had many faults and lashed out and lost out big time in her fall out with Bethenny but now it seems as if she's truly humbled and just happy to see Bethenny and meet Bryn. I just hope that Bethenny truly appreciates that and isn't just interested in crowing about how Jill finally admitted she was "in the wrong." 

• Love 7
On 6/13/2018 at 7:26 PM, Pop Tart said:

Carole was so ugly during the whole workout scene, physically ugly because of the super-heavy makeup she was wearing (to work out!) and personally ugly because of the mean girl snark and digs about Lu’s arrest. I totally get making a joke or two, which is what everyone else did. But she just couldn’t let it go and had to make sure every single person there knew and talked about it.

I will say, when she was telling one of the guys all that Lu did and you could tell that she was wanting him to respond that if it had been him, he’d still be in jail, or worse. Instead he asked if Lu was married! Loved that.

Yeah, Carole was totally fishing for a conversation about white privilege. It frustrates me, not because it’s not a real and important thing and not because it isn’t something white people should be talking about, but because she seems so completely ignorant as to the ways it applies to her. She’s just a really selfish person. And spiteful. Even by Real Housewives standards, it’s a bit shocking how much joy she takes in the pain of others.

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

She tired that 2 seasons ago, at the reunion she said she planned on introducing Bryn to her mother, that they had a good phone conversation where they decided that each had their own truth about Bethenny's childhood. Just like her promise, again on camera, to introduce Bryn to her former step father, it was nothing more than a needed sound bite to soften her aggressive/nasty personality. It will never happen and it will be that Bernadette's choice to refuse meeting with Bethenny, not the other way around.

That is all true I don't put it past her that she will dig it up if and when she needs to. 

37 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I immediately thought of RHoBH Dorit when I saw those champagne glasses at Amsale! (I also thought that I would probably knock those over constantly.)

haha too funny right? Godsakes,  I need a life. 

26 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

THIS!

KKB took a lot of heat cause she just wasn't articulate enough to express her point. She got a really bad rap because of Beth. From minute one Beth was on KKB's ass even BEFORE their first scene together. I remember what first stood out to me and it was when Beth was in the pool talking to Lu about KKB and she was already talking shit and throwing shade about Kelly. That's when I knew Beth was a dumb bitch who was gonna be a meanspirited asshole. 

Beth has gotten worse and worse and I really don't understand how her brand of nastiness goes over some people's  heads...

I know people who know both of them and Bethenny is well known for her nastiness. Not Kelly. Truth.

• Love 11
(edited)

Just finished binge-watching Seasons 1-3, as I had never seen them before.

So, re:  B vs. KKB:

Bethenny hated KKB from the first minute because prior to RHNY, the two had met at a party, but KKB only remembered Bethenny's then-boyfriend (prior to Jason), but did not remember Bethenny.

Bethenny was so offended at not being remembered, that she wouldn't give KKB the time of day.

After their first initial meeting on RHNY, KKB invited Bethenny to a fashion show, with front row seats.  You could see KKB trying to make conversation with Bethenny, and all she got from Bethenny was "uh huh.  Yeah.  uh huh".  Bethenny was cold-shouldering her.

I also think Bethenny had a load of envy/jealousy for KKB, because KKB had the world eating out of her hands.  Gorgeous, a model, and did a huge Playboy pictorial, including the cover, at age 41.  While Bethenny was trying to push SkinnyGirl muffins at the grocery store.

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 14
59 minutes ago, coops said:

I just hope that Bethenny truly appreciates that and isn't just interested in crowing about how Jill finally admitted she was "in the wrong." 

This will never happen, because this is all Bethenny cares about. Being "right" about everything is a great tactic to avoid evaluating why you're alone and miserable.

Beth never felt she won, even though she made tons of money, had the fan support, got her own show, and eventually returned as a headliner. Why? The best revenge is living well. Jill had Bobby and close friends. No one could take that from her. Despite her flaws, many of which she put on camera for us, Jill has a happy and full life.

Beth admitted as much, with sincere regret. She told Jill in front of the funeral home, "You have good friends." Bethenny does not. She has employees who are yes-people. She's bitten the hand of everyone who's ever shown her kindness. That's why she was on the phone telling Lu she loved her and trying to mend fences with Carole and crawling up Sonja's rear. At the end of the line, no matter what you amass, relationships matter. And she can't hang onto friendships or a man, so she's bereft besides having her daughter. I hope this opens her eyes to a different way of interacting with people. The almighty dollar makes for a cold bedfellow.

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

THIS!

KKB took a lot of heat cause she just wasn't articulate enough to express her point. She got a really bad rap because of Beth. From minute one Beth was on KKB's ass even BEFORE their first scene together. I remember what first stood out to me and it was when Beth was in the pool talking to Lu about KKB and she was already talking shit and throwing shade about Kelly. That's when I knew Beth was a dumb bitch who was gonna be a meanspirited asshole. 

Beth has gotten worse and worse and I really don't understand how her brand of nastiness goes over some people's  heads...

I am trying to understand the psychology behind this. Beth believes that she was shafted in her childhood. Her parents didn’t love her enough or pay attention to her enough. So now as an adult, she is still angry about it, and is taking it out on everyone she comes in contact with. She also craves the attention she supposedly missed out on when she was a child, so she tries to be the center of attention now as an adult every moment of her life. 

Is that more or less it?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I’ve read all of Bethennys books and of course I don’t remember most of it but, I don’t recall her Mother being that bad as she says.  I’ll have to read the first book again to refresh.  She basically has no one now except Dennis, but a close relative would be better.  She can’t continue pouring her heart out to her driver.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Beth never felt she won, even though she made tons of money, had the fan support, got her own show, and eventually returned as a headliner. Why? The best revenge is living well. Jill had Bobby and close friends. No one could take that from her. Despite her flaws, many of which she put on camera for us, Jill has a happy and full life.

I'd imagine this is almost 100% spot on. Bethenny point blank refused to have anything to do with Jill even after years of Jill grovelling publicly about how she was in the wrong. I'd imagine the reason Beth didn't just forgive her was because she was probably annoyed at not truly feeling like she'd "won" over Jill. Like you said Jill always had Bobby, Ally, Bobby's kids, her sister, mother, good friends. Bethenny's life by comparison seems lonely and isolated, more so after the whole nasty divorce saga. Bethenny always wins in reality tv world and as a business mogul, but in terms of real life and personal happiness she has always seemed the least fulfilled, although Ramona sometimes comes in on a par with her on that one. 

I'd love to see Bethenny and Jill become closer again, heck I'd even love to see Jill back on the show, life without Bobby could make for interesting storylines for her. I doubt it would happen though unless Bethenny felt comfortable with it, but BRAVO should really consider that a show like this has a shelf life and at this point people would be far more invested in an original cast member like Jill returning than pushing in a brand new house wife no one cares about (Kristen and Jules I'm looking at you.) 

Bobby's death really brought out the best in the housewives. Bethenny seemed so much more warm and sensitive when talking to Lu on the phone after the funeral and Ramona's comments and Bobby and how he loved Jill so much were so touching. The thing I love about the New York women is that despite their squabbles they support each other when the chips are really down, it wouldn't be as interesting if they hated each other 24/7.

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I’ve read all of Bethennys books and of course I don’t remember most of it but, I don’t recall her Mother being that bad as she says.  I’ll have to read the first book again to refresh.  She basically has no one now except Dennis, but a close relative would be better.  She can’t continue pouring her heart out to her driver.

Bethenny made many claims of how she was neglected by her mother, 1 of them being no birthday parties but Bernadette showed pictures of a bd party for Bethenny when she was a child. so, IMO, you can't trust her account of how "bad" her childhood was. I will wager that it was messed up but no worse than most kids of divorced parents from that era but no where near as horrendous as she makes it out to be. Bethenny didn't cut off her parents until they refused to buy her a luxury car when she wrecked their cars and even then, her dad and her step father paid the rent for her NYC apartment that we saw in season 1.  IMO, Bethenny is probably Bi-Polar and or a narcissist that desperately needs treatment, serious long term treatment, and medication to regulate/stabilize her mood swings but she will never admit to needing help let alone seek real/serious help. Just my non professional opinion based on people like her that I do know IRL. 

5 minutes ago, coops said:

I'd imagine this is almost 100% spot on. Bethenny point blank refused to have anything to do with Jill even after years of Jill grovelling publicly about how she was in the wrong. I'd imagine the reason Beth didn't just forgive her was because she was probably annoyed at not truly feeling like she'd "won" over Jill. Like you said Jill always had Bobby, Ally, Bobby's kids, her sister, mother, good friends. Bethenny's life by comparison seems lonely and isolated, more so after the whole nasty divorce saga. Bethenny always wins in reality tv world and as a business mogul, but in terms of real life and personal happiness she has always seemed the least fulfilled, although Ramona sometimes comes in on a par with her on that one. 

I'd love to see Bethenny and Jill become closer again, heck I'd even love to see Jill back on the show, life without Bobby could make for interesting storylines for her. I doubt it would happen though unless Bethenny felt comfortable with it, but BRAVO should really consider that a show like this has a shelf life and at this point people would be far more invested in an original cast member like Jill returning than pushing in a brand new house wife no one cares about (Kristen and Jules I'm looking at you.) 

Bobby's death really brought out the best in the housewives. Bethenny seemed so much more warm and sensitive when talking to Lu on the phone after the funeral and Ramona's comments and Bobby and how he loved Jill so much were so touching. The thing I love about the New York women is that despite their squabbles they support each other when the chips are really down, it wouldn't be as interesting if they hated each other 24/7.

According to the other HWs, including Bethenny, Ramona has a LOT of friends, close friends, so there is no comparison between her and Bethenny IMO. 

Bethenny has already said, in interviews and on WWHL, that things are the same between her and Jill, no friendship or communication after she/Bryn sat Shiva with Jill that 1 day, nothing! So, Bethenny is not looking to have Jill back on the show or to become friends with her again.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, thesupremediva1 said:

This will never happen, because this is all Bethenny cares about. Being "right" about everything is a great tactic to avoid evaluating why you're alone and miserable.

Beth admitted as much, with sincere regret. She told Jill in front of the funeral home, "You have good friends." Bethenny does not. She has employees who are yes-people. She's bitten the hand of everyone who's ever shown her kindness. That's why she was on the phone telling Lu she loved her and trying to mend fences with Carole and crawling up Sonja's rear. At the end of the line, no matter what you amass, relationships matter. And she can't hang onto friendships or a man, so she's bereft besides having her daughter.

The sad thing about that is that I'm sure her relationship with Bryn will eventually go south as well.  

• Love 8
9 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Neither was Ramona. Someone asked Ramona why she was passing on the skincare gift and she replied it was because she has/was about to have her own line. There was no "pushing" of anything. 

Different perspectives. It did come across to me that way. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Different perspectives. It did come across to me that way. 

Had Ramona gone into detail about her new skin care line, I would agree with you that it could be seen as an infomercial but she didn't. All she said was that she didn't want the sc gift because she has her own line, nothing more, no details, nothing, not even it's name. LOL Bethenny, on the other hand, rarely stops with her infomercials, giving details, product name and actually showing us the finished product, be it some sort of alcohol, candy, popcorn, salad dressing, mixer/blender or bedazzled jeans, Bethenny goes into details! So her calling out Ramona over nothing was ridiculous tinged with nastiness! LOL 

• Love 14

I like Carole!  When she first came to the show and LuAnn found she was related to the Radziwill family ( and titled!) LuAnn just became very snobbish, playing the “ Who Do We Both Know in European Society Circles” game and kissing up the the “princess”.  Carole was having none of her pretentious behavior and appeared to be immediately turned off by Lou. I have liked her since that first episode. 

I also appreciate Bethenney’s quick wit which is what her infomercial crack was. Everyone (in society) is too overly sensitive. It was HUMOROUS folks. 

• Love 7

Not every damaged person is a result of a broken home, not every bad parent was absentee, not every character/personality flaw can be wrapped up in a neat little box with a ribbon and bow.

Sometimes, it's an amalgamation of crap that all comes together in an unfortunate way, and most often, the child becomes an adult that leads a productive life, and somehow manages to overcome those early difficulties.  I would venture that the vast majority of us carry burdens, yet manage to get on despite them.

Bethenny has managed to move on in some aspects of her life, but has yet to figure out how to shed her real or perceived slights, in order to become an authentic friend and forgiving daughter, ex-wife, daughter-in-law, etc.  She may never do that.  

• Love 13
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:36 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

The fake crying performed by Dale and Tinsley over the facetimed photo of eggs, not embryos, calling them "my babies", all while Tins is sitting in a not-yet-needed* wedding gown, was so much amazing awfulness, it should have its own category at the RHO Awards, which I will call The Wifeys.  (howzat for a run-on sentence?)

*I suspect that Tins & Scott have seriously discussed marriage, and that there might be an impending engagement.  I find it hard to believe that she would risk looking so desperately foolish if not.  This was filmed about 6 months ago, right?  But I've been wrong like 26 times already this morning, so...

OMG, can you imagine Tinsley's reaction to a proposal?  She practically had a heart attack when he merely showed up at her hotel/apartment. She might actually pass out.   If they haven't discussed engagement, I'm sure she'd just tell him the producers put her up to it. I honestly can't imagine any man staying with someone so openly desperate.  

I thought they had broken up again?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Yeah, Carole was totally fishing for a conversation about white privilege. It frustrates me, not because it’s not a real and important thing and not because it isn’t something white people should be talking about, but because she seems so completely ignorant as to the ways it applies to her. She’s just a really selfish person. And spiteful. Even by Real Housewives standards, it’s a bit shocking how much joy she takes in the pain of others.

Yes, exactly. Thanks for stating it more clearly then I did.

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:22 AM, mwell345 said:

Not only that, I get such  a "mean girl" vibe from them when they're talking.  They were trying to act all concerned about LuAnn, but they were positively gleeful about her arrest.  Carole said someone sent her the video of LuAnn - I call BS on that, she probably hit Google as soon as she heard LuAnn was arrested.  And Tinsley - "oh, I know I shouldn't have, but I invited her over for a drink with my mother"  "Oh, you didn't.."  Hee Hee Hee.

Could they be anymore immature? Tinsley acts like a 12 year old pretty much all the time, and makes no attempt to hide it, but Carole likes to present herself as worldly and sophisticated.  But every now and then, the real Carole seeps through.

Carole is such a bitch.  The other women were having fun with it, but were still genuinely concerned and supportive of Lu.  They were making light of it to make Lu feel better.  Carole was mocking her and enjoying her embarrassment.  The differences in motives were clear as day.

Carole is proving herself to be QUITE the mean girl this season.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I thought they had broken up again?

They may have, who knows.  Like I mentioned somewhere, she was in Palm Beach over the MD holiday, and I saw no sign of Scott in her Instagram photos.  I just thought it could be possible that they had discussed marriage (I'm sure she has anyway), prompting the premature gown shopping.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny made many claims of how she was neglected by her mother, 1 of them being no birthday parties but Bernadette showed pictures of a bd party for Bethenny when she was a child. so, IMO, you can't trust her account of how "bad" her childhood was. I will wager that it was messed up but no worse than most kids of divorced parents from that era but no where near as horrendous as she makes it out to be. Bethenny didn't cut off her parents until they refused to buy her a luxury car when she wrecked their cars and even then, her dad and her step father paid the rent for her NYC apartment that we saw in season 1.  IMO, Bethenny is probably Bi-Polar and or a narcissist that desperately needs treatment, serious long term treatment, and medication to regulate/stabilize her mood swings but she will never admit to needing help let alone seek real/serious help. Just my non professional opinion based on people like her that I do know IRL. 

According to the other HWs, including Bethenny, Ramona has a LOT of friends, close friends, so there is no comparison between her and Bethenny IMO. 

Bethenny has already said, in interviews and on WWHL, that things are the same between her and Jill, no friendship or communication after she/Bryn sat Shiva with Jill that 1 day, nothing! So, Bethenny is not looking to have Jill back on the show or to become friends with her again.

I truly believe that her childhood was as good as any other kid on Long Island.  From pictures, she had beautiful clothes, went to “Hot Skates” (a roller rink) in Rockville Centre where both my kids went every weekend.  My son, her age, probably knew her there then as he went with his friends.  She frequented Aqueduct Racetrack with her father or stepfather and knew everyone there.  Her life seemed full.  I don’t know. What went on with her Mother, who knows, but Bernadette says Bethenny lies.  Who knows.  And Jason.  I know people blame him for the breakup, but I don’t.  I think he felt used and discarded after she had Bryn.  He doesn’t talk about what happened unlike her.  Would love to hear his side. I don’t think he’s a bad guy.  Nobody knows the truth but Bethenny and her Mother.  We can only speculate.  Meantime, i still enjoy her humor and wit on the show.  She’s famous, rich, has a daughter, but doesn’t look too happy with her life.  Maybe lots of therapy would help as a start.  Also, I think her and Jill are done.

• Love 7
On 6/13/2018 at 9:08 PM, RedDelicious said:

BETHENNY. The Skinny?Girl?Jeans?are?FUG?. And of COURSE the samples were too big for her. And of COURSE she had to qualify that on camera.

I didn't watch the first few seasons. I started after Jill had left. Has Bethenny always been this thin? 

Speaking of weight, Sonja looks like she's lost the extra pounds she was carrying at the beginning of the season. 

LuAnn looked good but I am sensing she is viewing sobriety as a temporary thing. I could be wrong though. It was a little strange to see Dorinda talking about LuAnn's situation when Dorinda probably has as big or bigger a drinking problem. Is she really unaware of this or just choosing to ignore it? 

• Love 5

@Sweet-tea she's always been that thin.. at some point she had her implants revised and if I remember correctly from the horrid bra fitting episode, she's around a G I think.

I really noticed Sonja at the workout - I thought she looked great. I've seen the pants she was wearing at TJMaxx ?

• Love 3
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

I started after Jill had left. Has Bethenny always been this thin? 

I think she's gotten thinner. It might be the fit of those awful Skinnygirl jeans combined with her footwear (elongating her legline in an unflattering way) but her calves appeared nearly stick-like going up the stairs at Sonja's. 

eta: circa 2006, several months before they started shooting (love her face here -- so pretty -- and she looks genuinely happy):

2006.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 11
On 6/15/2018 at 7:49 AM, heatherchandler said:

I actually really liked her dress!  Is that bad?  I thought it would be cute for work.  I have no style.

I assumed, every time I've seen the footage of Luann in court, that she had spent the night in a cell, and this is the next day? She looks like she's slept in her dress and makeup. Her hair looks slept in also. I didn't compare the b&w footage of her in the police car with it though, and I'm sure someone here will know? Otherwise, maybe this dress was brought to her by her legal representative. It isn't so much the dress that's fugly in court, it's the whole presentation. Not Lu at all, she's usually put together. 

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

LuAnn looked good but I am sensing she is viewing sobriety as a temporary thing. I could be wrong though. 

Did you watch the caviar video in Lu’s thread? She’s ranting in the background. It sounds as if she had been drinking.

8 minutes ago, queenjen said:

I assumed, every time I've seen the footage of Luann in court, that she had spent the night in a cell, and this is the next day? She looks like she's slept in her dress and makeup. Her hair looks slept in also. I didn't compare the b&w footage of her in the police car with it though, and I'm sure someone here will know? Otherwise, maybe this dress was brought to her by her legal representative. It isn't so much the dress that's fugly in court, it's the whole presentation. Not Lu at all, she's usually put together. 

Some articles described her as wearing a “soiled dress.”

• Love 4
11 hours ago, rhys said:

Urg, Bravo, you need to post something like FX does warning viewers that some content will disturb viewers.  people on screen will be eating while petting animals. Disgusting. 

And Bethenny will be naked again.

• Love 6