Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Faux Weddings and a Funeral

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I hadn't thought about this until I read your comment. It was totally disgusting that BravHo went to a goddamn funeral to shoot footage and honestly? The only way they could have done that was to ask Jill for permission to shoot there, right? I mean, they wouldn't roll up with a camera crew and let Bethany just unleash her verbal diarrhea ad hoc outside a funeral, right?

I keep thinking about Jill's role in this, too!  The fact that she allowed this and was obviously miked up for her conversation with Bethenny is like -- wow.  I guess it's not really my place to tell others how to grieve, but just... wow.  I wonder if she got compensated. 

Sorry, I meant "I wonder HOW MUCH" she got compensated. 

• Love 8
(edited)
27 minutes ago, gingerella said:

True, Carol is not a Kennedy, but her connection didn't 'die with her husband'. The Radziwills are related to the Kennedys because Lee is/was Jackie's sister. So the Radziwills and the Kennedys would still be considered 'family', at least the way most families work. You don't get cut out of an extended family just because someone dies, at least not where I come from.

As long as Carole has Jackie Kennedy's sister Lee R's tiger sofa (*recovered) that counts. Le sigh. That tiger sofa. That's cred. I love that thing. That's the shit I want to access to. Lee's tiger sofa and those beautiful Tinsley/Amsale wedding gowns that I will never get to try on.  I want to see Jill's $3,000 a yard fabrics in her home, Sonja's dirty but real paintings and $400 hand towels (motheaten). Thsi is what I am signed up for. 

10 minutes ago, ladle said:

I keep thinking about Jill's role in this, too!  The fact that she allowed this and was obviously miked up for her conversation with Bethenny is like -- wow.  I guess it's not really my place to tell others how to grieve, but just... wow.  I wonder if she got compensated. 

I think it was compensation enough for her face to be on a RHoNY episode. More than money can buy! 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 13
On 6/13/2018 at 10:27 PM, Jets4274 said:

Is it just me or is Tinsley's line in the show open ("Why would I cook when I can order room service?") the worst? 

It's not just you.  It's the worst.  Maybe ever, from any RH franchise.  In fact, all of the taglines blow this season, except for Lu's.  I find it hard to believe that the same writers who adorably titled this episode couldn't have done better, but then maybe they wanted to portray Tinsley as just as vapid as she is.

18 hours ago, AnnA said:

That's not shade.   Being called a sample size is a compliment.  Being less than a sample size is too skinny.

I think that, within their culture, it is a dig.  Particularly coming from someone like Bethenny, who clearly values being Skinny (TM). 

• Love 7
(edited)
29 minutes ago, ladle said:

I think it's tacky too, but Bobby knew he was married to someone who has been addicted to fame for the atleast the past decade. He was cool with himself being filmed as well as their homes.

I bet he would be shocked to see that Jill didn't arrange the entirety of the services to be filmed with a red carpet premiere showing at Zarin Fabrics, a 3 part Bravotv.com special, followed by a DVD release with Susan Saunders being the first reviewer on Amazon 34 seconds after the sale goes live.

In other words, this all could have been a hell of a lot tackier.

Edited by WhoaWhoKnew
  • Love 18
5 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I can imagine a scenario where someone (Carole in this case) decides to do the show on a whim, with the idea that it would probably be one season and out, but the paycheck ensues, and it becomes difficult to walk away from.  Tail waggin' the dog kinda thing.

Yes, probably.  What do you think she’s makes per season?  I have no idea what they make, except for Bethenny & Nene, which is one million I read somewhere.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Right? Beth would go nuclear on Sonja. There would be nothing left of her. But I am surprised. Sonja seems stupid enough, delusional enough to jump into a piranha tank. So I wonder why she didn’t feed Page 6 info about Beth. 

Scared to death.

• Love 7
(edited)
25 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I think it's tacky too, but Bobby knew he was married to someone who has been addicted to fame for the atleast the past decade. He was cool with himself being filmed as well as their homes.

I bet he would be shocked to see that Jill didn't arrange the entirety of the services to be filmed with a red carpet premiere showing at Zarin Fabrics, a 3 part Bravotv.com special, followed by a DVD release with Susan Saunders being the first reviewer on Amazon 34 seconds after the sale goes live.

I tried not to go there, but being "mik'd" showed how premeditated her receiving of Bethenny was and so well thought out! Jill just can't help herself! This kind of fame "Ho'-dom" is what broke them up in the 1st place; Bethenny taking off while Jill felt left behind! She couldn't take it; 1st whining to Bethenny  about "why not me," then the attacks when she started the season pretending to be in a fight to have a storyline in the 1st place! What Carole's been able to do by giving fuel to her being on the show blew up nicely with her friendship with Bethenny in question! That's what Jill dreamed of back in season 3! Carole can still be canned next season, but she couldn't be in a better position; trouble in paradise with her former bestie, while Tinley seems to be the current fave! Both might go and I probably wouldn't care! I don't mind Carole, but she needs someone to play off of like Bethenny! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

I hadn't thought about this until I read your comment. It was totally disgusting that BravHo went to a goddamn funeral to shoot footage and honestly? The only way they could have done that was to ask Jill for permission to shoot there, right? I mean, they wouldn't roll up with a camera crew and let Bethany just unleash her verbal diarrhea ad hoc outside a funeral, right? So there must have been a phone call..."Hi Jill, on behalf of the Bravo and Housewives family, we want to extend our deepest condolences to you on the loss of your dearly beloved Bobby. Oh, by the way, can we come to the funeral and shoot footage of you and Bethany reconciling?" There had to be a convo like this before they shot there. It just shows how low Bravo will stoop, and how low Andy Cohen will go

I don't know if you've ever read the book or seen the documentary, The Corporation. The premise is that corporations if they were people are psychopaths; they are so self-interested that even when they try to be "altruistic" they still end up serving themselves.

The show, Profit, has a similar premise. It's more than 20 years old. It's about a boy who is physically abused and neglected by his parents. His only comforts are the always on television and the corporate appliance box he sleeps in. He grows up to be a handsome smooth-talking psychopath who does monstrous things to advance the interests of the corporations who he saw on TV.

Bravo is a corporation; they can't not be self-interested. If they legitimately think that Bobby's funeral will bring in more viewers than alienate them, then they have to ask Jill if they can film. It's like asking a shark to not swim or eat other animals.This what they were built to do. This is what Bravo was built for. Even in its initial incarnations with opera, plays, ballet, and theatre, it was a channel started because someone thought people who liked more highminded fare were underserved by PBS. They could have created a production company to produce that kind of TV for PBS. They didn't because their goal was to out-PBS PBS AND make some money. And so I don't really have issue with Bravo asking Jill because I can't really expect them to act contrary to their nature. I take issue with Jill saying yes to that request.

These people on these shows are gamblers. They hit big the first time out and got hooked. It doesn't matter if every time afterwards they lost and lost big, they can't stop chasing that high from the first time. The unfortunate part about Jill is that she's so fixated on how good the high felt that she keeps ignoring how badly the low feels. She could and should have said no to Bravo. She no longer has the willpower to do so.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 12

I think Carole is persona non grata with the Kennedy's since she wrote her book. If she was we'd see her at events etc. They want nothing to do with someone who sold their story and is on a trashy tv show (no matter how trashy their own lives are it's not for public consumption). Carolyn Bessette hated the press and the tabloids and the fact that Carole dredges up her name on not one but two tacky psychic shows is mortifying. How sad for her parents and remaining sister to have to sit back while this person who has no real proof they were best friends makes all sorts of declarations and again...went on two psychic shows. So much for a lauded journalism career, she is a Real Housewife to the core.

• Love 9
(edited)

sorry double post.

@Ki-in said:

I think Carole is persona non grata with the Kennedy's since she wrote her book. If she was we'd see her at events etc. They want nothing to do with someone who sold their story and is on a trashy tv show (no matter how trashy their own lives are it's not for public consumption). Carolyn Bessette hated the press and the tabloids and the fact that Carole dredges up her name on not one but two tacky psychic shows is mortifying. How sad for her parents and remaining sister to have to sit back while this person who has no real proof they were best friends makes all sorts of declarations and again...went on two psychic shows. So much for a lauded journalism career, she is a Real Housewife to the core.

I think Carole was pretty close to RFK Jr. and Mary until RFK Jr.'s gaslighting, manipulation, and lies exacerbated Mary's underlying mental illness and made her completely bonkers. Carole was firmly team Mary in the split.

By many accounts Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg and her husband were awful to everyone (Carole and Anthony, the other Kennedys, and the Bessettes) in the days following the deaths. They especially treated Carolyn and Lauren like trash and afterthoughts; they didn't care where either was buried and didn't want them mentioned during the "Kennedy memorial." I think Carole's psychic nonsense is stupid and opportunistic, but ultimately a lot more harmless to the Bessettes than what Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg pulled after the deaths. Caroline and Ed seemed bent on ruining Carolyn. Those 2 hated her.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Rap541 said:

So, here's the thing. I don't think Carole is a Kennedy. I understand her attachment to the Kennedy clan is tenuous and ended with the plane crash. However, Carole Radziwill is intimately if tenuously attached to the mythos of Camelot and the Kennedy Curse so even though, like most curses, its happenstance and coincidence in play. Its hard to fight "Little John-John was friends with a *prince* and then he died in a terrible and suspicious (ahem) plane crash with his wife and her sister. The prince and the princess were John-John's and the wife's best pals and then the plane crash! And then four weeks later, the prince died! No one had any children so now all that's left is the lonely young princess mourning the ashes of Camelot...."

Gosh, I teared up a little and I don't even like Carole. But seriously, no she's not a Kennedy but she's attached to one of the tragedies. The comparisons and criticisms are always going to be there, especially because she then wrote a book about her interpretation of the tragedy.

“Three Likes” for that !

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Well she had to bring something to the show! I'd rather hear Carole's stories over the blathering of Sonja and the "rich" life she led many moons ago! The whole group is over that and they tell her to her face! She continues to do it to everyone's annoyance! Carole keeps it PITHY! ;-)

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

They hit big the first time out and got hooked. It doesn't matter if every time afterwards they lost and lost big, they can't stop chasing that high from the first time.

An opium (heroin) addict calls it chasing the dragon. The dragon is never caught. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Fiero425 said:

I tried not to go there, but being "mik'd" showed how premeditated her receiving of Bethenny was and so well thought out! Jill just can't help herself! This kind of fame "Ho'-dom" is what broke them up in the 1st place; Bethenny taking off while Jill felt left behind! She couldn't take it; 1st whining to Bethenny  about "why not me," then the attacks when she started the season pretending to be in a fight to have a storyline in the 1st place! What Carole's been able to do by giving fuel to her being on the show blew up nicely with her friendship with Bethenny in question! That's what Jill dreamed of back in season 3! Carole can still be canned next season, but she couldn't be in a better position; trouble in paradise with her former bestie, while Tinley seems to be the current fave! Both might go and I probably wouldn't care! I don't mind Carole, but she needs someone to play off of like Bethenny! ;-)

Just an FYI, they weren't "mic'd" when they filmed them coming out of Bobby's memorial. If you look at still photos the tabloids took of Bravo filming it, you will see a mic boom is being used. LOL

• Love 7
3 hours ago, gingerella said:

I hadn't thought about this until I read your comment. It was totally disgusting that BravHo went to a goddamn funeral to shoot footage and honestly? The only way they could have done that was to ask Jill for permission to shoot there, right? I mean, they wouldn't roll up with a camera crew and let Bethany just unleash her verbal diarrhea ad hoc outside a funeral, right? So there must have been a phone call..."Hi Jill, on behalf of the Bravo and Housewives family, we want to extend our deepest condolences to you on the loss of your dearly beloved Bobby. Oh, by the way, can we come to the funeral and shoot footage of you and Bethany reconciling?" There had to be a convo like this before they shot there. It just shows how low Bravo will stoop, and how low Andy Cohen will go, and how utterly depraved and without any moral compass Bethanny really is. I feel sorry for Bryn, having such a narcissist for a mother, and a loser for a father. Poor kid. At least she'll have a pile of cash for therapy.

Bravo had to get Jill's permission to film, so she okayed it, I doubt it took much convincing. Jill could have said no - problem solved, but she didn't. She's another narcissist (although, aren't all the Howives basically narcissistic? lol)

Side note - I don't know if I am misremembering, but the only time Bethenny and Sonja had beef, was over the Tipsy Girl thing - otherwise they got along pretty well. So I can understand them sliding back into the "getting along pretty well" phase of their friendship now that TG blew over... Not that Sonja isn't also latching on to BF for job security, but... yeah... overall there really was no beef btwn them.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

ha ha ha - *snort* - too funny. Because it's true. The only thing missing is the ZARIN FABRICS gift bags that Luann's children were supposed to help fill - but they never showed up....

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

sorry double post.

@Ki-in said:

I think Carole was pretty close to RFK Jr. and Mary until RFK Jr.'s gaslighting, manipulation, and lies exacerbated Mary's underlying mental illness and made her completely bonkers. Carole was firmly team Mary in the split.

By many accounts Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg and her husband were awful to everyone (Carole and Anthony, the other Kennedys, and the Bessettes) in the days following the deaths. They especially treated Carolyn and Lauren like trash and afterthoughts; they didn't care where either was buried and didn't want them mentioned during the "Kennedy memorial." I think Carole's psychic nonsense is stupid and opportunistic, but ultimately a lot more harmless to the Bessettes than what Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg pulled after the deaths. Caroline and Ed seemed bent on ruining Carolyn. Those 2 hated her.

I didn't know any of that.  

Where to bury Lauren would have been the Bessettes decision and not up to Caroline and Ed. 

Edited by AnnA
(edited)
1 hour ago, BodhiGurl said:
4 hours ago, gingerella said:

Bravo had to get Jill's permission to film, so she okayed it, I doubt it took much convincing. Jill could have said no - problem solved, but she didn't. She's another narcissist (although, aren't all the Howives basically narcissistic? lol)

Maybe that was Insurance to get on next season.  A make up kiss for Andy.  This was in answer to Bodhigurls post as I’m learning new things on this cockamamie I-pad.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I didn't know any of that.   Do you have links?     

I'm assuming Carolyn was buried with John.   Where to bury Lauren would have been the Bessettes decision and not up to Caroline and Ed. 

Hmmm .. I didn’t know all that either.  Interesting.  Why did Caroline Schlossberg and husband hate all these people?  They didn’t like Razzy either?  And why?

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Hmmm .. I didn’t know all that either.  Interesting.  Why did Caroline Schlossberg and husband hate all these people?  They didn’t like Razzy either?  And why?

Maybe it's in Carole's book.

At least we know why Carole doesn't give a rat's ass what they think of her.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Maybe HunterHunted can elaborate in the Carole thread.  That’s interesting info.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Maybe that was Insurance to get on next season.  A make up kiss for Andy.

4 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Maybe it's in Carole's book.

At least we know why Carole doesn't give a rat's ass what they think of her.

Good way to get even .. a book and national t.v.  Smart.  I might start liking her and have to read the book now.  Thanks, Sherlock.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Maybe that was Insurance to get on next season.  A make up kiss for Andy.  This was in answer to Bodhigurls post as I’m learning new things on this cockamamie I-pad.

I wouldn't be surprised if filming outside Bobby's memorial service was Jill's idea.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BodhiGurl said:

Side note - I don't know if I am misremembering, but the only time Bethenny and Sonja had beef, was over the Tipsy Girl thing - otherwise they got along pretty well. So I can understand them sliding back into the "getting along pretty well" phase of their friendship now that TG blew over... Not that Sonja isn't also latching on to BF for job security, but... yeah... overall there really was no beef btwn them.

Bethenny also reamed Sonja out when she tried to "mentor" her a season or 2 before TG came along, she mocked Sonja left and right.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny also reamed Sonja out when she tried to "mentor" her a season or 2 before TG came along, she mocked Sonja left and right.

Wasn't Heather trying to mentor Sonja too?   IIRC Bethenny and Heather were totally frustrated with Sonja's lack of focus and alternate reality.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

They filmed on the public sidewalk, not inside the memorial.  And, as WireWrap pointed out, they weren't mic'd.  Jill likely signed all rights to her image away to Bravo years ago so I doubt they had to ask for permission.  Other media outlets/paparazzi were there as well. Could she have walked away without acknowledging Bethenny.  Yeah, but they would've aired that as well.  I wish Bethenny had approached somewhere less public. What a terrible time to have a camera in your face.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Just an FYI, they weren't "mic'd" when they filmed them coming out of Bobby's memorial. If you look at still photos the tabloids took of Bravo filming it, you will see a mic boom is being used. LOL

I guess that makes it all right! "Bravo Jill; you allowed them to use booms at your dead husbands "send off" rather than the usual personal Mics!"  ;-(

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, snarts said:

They filmed on the public sidewalk, not inside the memorial.  And, as WireWrap pointed out, they weren't mic'd.  Jill likely signed all rights to her image away to Bravo years ago so I doubt they had to ask for permission.  Other media outlets/paparazzi were there as well. Could she have walked away without acknowledging Bethenny.  Yeah, but they would've aired that as well.  I wish Bethenny had approached somewhere less public. What a terrible time to have a camera in your face.

I doubt Bravo would have gone there without asking first. It's not like it's the funeral of a public figure and all the media outlets will be there. It was the owner of a fabric store and his widow, a former housewife who would love nothing more than to be asked back on the show again. Her sadness I'm sure is real, and it was very clear in the show how much they adored each other, but she is so calculating that one cannot help wonder if her wording and interaction with B was carefully thought out. "What am I going to do?" If only Andy would give her back her place on RHNY, she could go on...Except, no thank you. Let her focus on the fabric business.

Sad as it might sound, and I sincerely don't say it to be bitchy, but I can totally see Jill getting back on the show after her comments to B at the funeral, and her saying to Andy, "Bobby would be SO HAPPY to know I'm back on the show...(Now when are you going to put Ginger's photo in the clubhouse Andy?!?)" The reality is, at least in my opinion, that this show brings out the worst in Jill and she's better off living her life off TV and out of the public eye, no matter how much she might crave the attention.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I doubt Bravo would have gone there without asking first. It's not like it's the funeral of a public figure and all the media outlets will be there. It was the owner of a fabric store and his widow, a former housewife who would love nothing more than to be asked back on the show again. Her sadness I'm sure is real, but she is so calculating that one cannot help wonder if her wording was carefully thought out. "What am I going to do?" Poor her, if only Andy would give her back her place on RHNY, she could go on...Except, no thank you. Let her focus on the fabric business.

Not to mention, had Jill been caught off guard, she wouldn't have been "on" - as she was. I don't think Bravo owns the rights to film Jill whenever they want due to her being on their show years ago, they had to have gotten permission to film that less than five minute segment with Bethenny - and I have no doubt she'd accept an invite to return to the show as a regular, or even friend of, housewife.

• Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Yes, probably.  What do you think she’s makes per season?  I have no idea what they make, except for Bethenny & Nene, which is one million I read somewhere.

Being full-time, I'm guessing somewhere between $250k and $500k or more.  Pure speculation based on discussions I've seen through the years.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

Wasn't Heather trying to mentor Sonja too?   IIRC Bethenny and Heather were totally frustrated with Sonja's lack of focus and alternate reality.

Yes she did and Heather tried to warn Bethenny but of course Bethenny thought she knew more than Heather did....Wrong! LOL Bethenny ended more upset at Sonja even though Sonja didn't accuse her of nasty crap like she did Heather.

1 hour ago, snarts said:

I'm sure Bravo still got Jill's Ok to film even though they weren't mic'd. 

1 hour ago, Fiero425 said:

I guess that makes it all right! "Bravo Jill; you allowed them to use booms at your dead husbands "send off" rather than the usual personal Mics!"  ;-(

Without a doubt I am sure Andy personally called Jill and asked her if they could film saying they were going to do a "tribute" to Bobby for the show. I'm also sure Jill thought the "tribute" would be longer than it ended up being and or more Bobby/Jill with less Bethenny.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Since she married, I only have seen her name as Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg.

You're right!  That's the only way I've seen her name too.

• Love 4

Just a BTW, JFK, jr. , Carolyn and her sister were cremated and all their ashes were buried at sea.  It's an interesting story.  And BTW, Carole is mentioned in this article.  Was Carole on the show in 2013?  I don't remember.  She wasn't recognized as a RHNY in that article.

https://nypost.com/2013/11/03/rfk-jr-diary-kennedy-family-feuded-before-bodies-were-recovered-in-jfk-jr-crash/

The thing about Bobby's service is that it was filmed on the street.  Does a production company need to get permission?  I would think not if they're not disrupting anything.  News crews, paparazzi, etc. do it all the time.  Was the Beth/Jill thing planned?  I don't know.  Maybe Jill gave permission after the fact.  I don't know if Jill has talked about it in that sense.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

I doubt Bravo would have gone there without asking first. It's not like it's the funeral of a public figure and all the media outlets will be there. It was the owner of a fabric store and his widow, a former housewife who would love nothing more than to be asked back on the show again.

Google Bobby Zarin funeral & check out all the other media outlets that covered it from the same vantage point outside. 

Edited by snarts
Fix link
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

Just a BTW, JFK, jr. , Carolyn and her sister were cremated and all their ashes were buried at sea.  It's an interesting story.  And BTW, Carole is mentioned in this article.  Was Carole on the show in 2013?  I don't remember.  She wasn't recognized as a RHNY in that article.

https://nypost.com/2013/11/03/rfk-jr-diary-kennedy-family-feuded-before-bodies-were-recovered-in-jfk-jr-crash/

The thing about Bobby's service is that it was filmed on the street.  Does a production company need to get permission?  I would think not if they're not disrupting anything.  News crews, paparazzi, etc. do it all the time.  Was the Beth/Jill thing planned?  I don't know.  Maybe Jill gave permission after the fact.  I don't know if Jill has talked about it in that sense.

Yes, she joined the cast in season 5, filming would have started in late fall 2012.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Rap541 said:

So, here's the thing. I don't think Carole is a Kennedy. I understand her attachment to the Kennedy clan is tenuous and ended with the plane crash. However, Carole Radziwill is intimately if tenuously attached to the mythos of Camelot and the Kennedy Curse so even though, like most curses, its happenstance and coincidence in play. Its hard to fight "Little John-John was friends with a *prince* and then he died in a terrible and suspicious (ahem) plane crash with his wife and her sister. The prince and the princess were John-John's and the wife's best pals and then the plane crash! And then four weeks later, the prince died! No one had any children so now all that's left is the lonely young princess mourning the ashes of Camelot...."

Gosh, I teared up a little and I don't even like Carole. But seriously, no she's not a Kennedy but she's attached to one of the tragedies. The comparisons and criticisms are always going to be there, especially because she then wrote a book about her interpretation of the tragedy.

Actually, I am reading Carole’s book of the tragedy right now.  Just stopped for a minute to check the posts as it’s midnight here.  A very good read so far.  Good night.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, breezy424 said:

The answer is possibly. If you are planning to block off a city sidewalk, you need a permit. Bravo didn't do that. However, they probably had no clue how the sidewalk conversations with Jill might go (extended or needing reshoots) and pulled optional permits.

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/mome/permits/when-permit-required.page

• Love 3
18 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

So while I am a Bethany fan, I will admit I don’t think relationships come naturally to her. Whatever the reason I think it is hard for her to remain very close to people for long periods of time. I think part of it is (for whatever reason and whatever you believe about her childhood) she doesn’t naturally understand some of the boundaries and communication that many of us take for granted. I think it’s stuff she has to think about instead of just knowing. I think I sympathize because my SIL is the same way. She’s the sweetest person in the world but (IMO due to her messed up relationship with her crazy mom) she doesn’t really get intimacy and boundaries and even in some ways empathy. These are all things she has to actively try to do instead of just naturally doing as the situation calls for it. Because of this most of her relationships are very superficial. The type of friends where you’re friends because you go to school together or you like the same band, but that’s sort of all you really talk about and that’s where the friendship stays. I think this happens to Bethany too, so she ends up with these circumstantial relationships that never go very deep. I think that’s where her and Sonjia are and why she keeps going back to it. She knows how to do this.

Ive always sort of believed this about Ramona too. That most of Ramona’s “hundreds of friends” are really more social acquaintances. People she’s served on boards with or knows through Avery’s school or whatnot, that she sees in those circumstances, but rarely outside of that. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, gingerella said:

In and amongst all our discussion, I wanted to say that I think Bobby brought out the best in Jill, and I cannot even imagine how she feels now. It's a sad situation...

Agreed. I think Jill hit the lottery with Bobby and probably vise versa. Their relationship probably wouldn’t have worked for anyone else, but they seemed to naturally bring out the best in each other. That’s what everyone should have. RIP Bobby.

• Love 10
22 hours ago, ladle said:

Maybe it’s not only the money, but a future role on the show? If Andy forgives her for whatever reason he’s not liking her anymore.  I don’t recall what happened there.  Maybe she just wasn’t a fan favorite, like some of the others who got knocked off.

(edited)
24 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Maybe it’s not only the money, but a future role on the show? If Andy forgives her for whatever reason he’s not liking her anymore.  I don’t recall what happened there.  Maybe she just wasn’t a fan favorite, like some of the others who got knocked off.

I think the reason may be that she secretly taped a one on one with Andy on WWHL. Later it was played on a blog site.  Someone with a better memory that I have can hopefully fill in details. 

I’ve never been afraid to knock Jill for any reason back then.  What I will say at this time is I think Jill should do Jill whatever that is.  IMO it’s hard enough to survive day to day when a loved one is seriously ill.  When the inevitable happens a whole new type of survival is needed.   

ETA:  I tried to do two separate posts here but they merged.  ???  giggling .... I realize I don’t post much .... but ... what did I do?

Edited by Ellee
  • Love 3

I don't mind Jill as much as others do, and I really don't want to sound like a cold-hearted bitch, but I have no interest in seeing her grieving widow storyline on my TV. 

• Love 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Ellee said:

I think the reason may be that she secretly taped a one on one with Andy on WWHL. Later it was played on a blog site.  Someone with a better memory that I have can hopefully fill in details. 

I’ve never been afraid to knock Jill for any reason back then.  What I will say at this time is I think Jill should do Jill whatever that is.  IMO it’s hard enough to survive day to day when a loved one is seriously ill.  When the inevitable happens a whole new type of survival is needed.   

ETA:  I tried to do two separate posts here but they merged.  ???  giggling .... I realize I don’t post much .... but ... what did I do?

If you post in the same forum thread less that 5 minutes after your previous post, the site merges the posts.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Ellee said:

Who knows what you did, lol.  I’m on this stupid pad for years and I still don’t know half the things.  I have to wait for my grandson to show me.

yes, Jill.  Now I remember the tape.  My mind is going besides.  And, the posters on this thread are very helpful, as you will see.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 1