Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Faux Weddings and a Funeral

• Start Topic

On 6/14/2018 at 4:53 PM, ichbin said:

Gstaad?  Bali?  Scrubbing undies in the bidet?

Hah!

I wouldn't be surprised if the one working pipe to the bidet bursts and Sonja starts throwing her undies into the dishwasher next to her vibrators.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

The last time this much attention was given to a blue dress, was sometime in 1998 I believe. ( ;

haha I know right? I so need a life! These bitches are such a beautiful distraction from the mundane. Luann brings it she is an MVP housewife for me even given her faults and arrogance. Love your profile pic. 

• Love 8
18 hours ago, WireWrap said:

It's possible that Carole met them through production when they filmed there but didn't know them before then. It's also possible that production knew Carole worked out there and arranged/jumped on using them after Luann was arrested. My point is that production is behind them filming there, not Carole or any HW. I also thought they, all the HWs, were supportive of Luann, including Carole.

Carole claimed she met the owner one midnight in Chinatown when she was out with friends. 

3 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

I hear ya - I'm guessing there is no reason for Sonja to have a fax machine, thus the joke via Bethenny. But now that I think about it - Sonja probably dug it out of a garbage or got it for free - for the scanning part of it rather than the fax machine... otherwise she probably wouldn't have it.

Yea, I don't know who Sonja is faxing. Her interns? Begging them to come back? (Have we seen ONE this year? Connor? Anyone???)

• Love 7
16 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

You know, I’ve never understood this either. I may have a soft spot for Luanne, but I certainly understand why someone wouldn’t like her. Conversely, Carole may be my Bitch Eating Crackers, but it’s not like I think she’s be crazy to admit that Luanne can just be a lot. Everyone has more or less said that at one point so I’m willing to believe that the Countess is in fact a lot. But she just can’t ever seem to let it go with Luanne. Even when they’re friends every TH is nasty shit about Luanne. It makes her sound weirdly obsessed with Luanne. Like if you think she’s such a pathetic zero, why do you care so much? Why is it so important for her to make Luanne into the show loser? What is it that Luanne represents that brings out this visceral reaction in Carole? My personal theory is that Luanne represents every bad thing that Carole actually fears people think about her. That’s she a small town nobody who married her way up the social ladder, but never really managed to belong and now is a joke of a middle aged woman on a tacky reality show  chasing men all over town trying to reclaim her glory days. But that’s just a theory, I don’t really know. 

She was like this with Luann all the way back at her start - season 5.... rewatched it recently (like last weekend - LOL), and I was actually surprised at how snarky she was about Luann throughout the entire season (biggest things that come to mind, pumpkin head, one-upper, copied everything CR did...so on and so forth), and at that point - Luann had done nothing to her (ala Adam etc). I get that she may have been annoyed with Luann's personality but, yeesh... all season long... snarking about Lu... Carole is my bitch eating crackers with the whole Luann thing too... and the Bethenny thing. LOL

• Love 11
(edited)
On 6/14/2018 at 7:47 PM, RHJunkie said:

As suspected, I got emotional with the women talking about Bobby and going to his funeral. He was truly the better half of Jill and had so much patience with her. 

Call me crazy (and time will tell the truth story), but I do believe that Luann is being genuine and not saying it as a way to repair her image. She's taken a lot of accountability and admitted to things that I think would be much harder for someone who wasn't truly accepting of their bad decisions and learning from it. 

Tinsley does all the things that make me cringe because she exhibits the most stereotypical idea of a woman - she clearly knows what she wants (to get married and have a child) but she's putting her energy in trying to make it work with someone who she fights with all of the time and is worried that any marriage and talks of babies will scare him away. If you're at that point in your life and your with someone who you are too scared to even have that kind of conversation with, then you aren't in the right relationship. Going wedding dress shopping when you're not even sure if you're in a relationship at the moment and there's no expectation of a ring coming anytime soon? Then crying over a picture of her eggs - why isn't she seeing all of these things as signs that she's prioritizing companionship in the short term which is taking away from her opportunities of finding love in the long term. Being able to laugh with someone and enjoy their company is actually the easiest thing to find in a partner. 

I like the fact that Ramona decided to completely renovate her place instead of selling it. If you like it, don't be bothered with the memories, make it a blank canvas and start some new memories!

I like the bones of Sonja's home but I'm not a fan of the way she decorates. The guys did a good job in the repairs though. 

It looks like the work done at Sonja's was only cosmetic, but you're right in that what they showed looked good.

Sonja has too many open violations on her home and hasn't had any work permits issued since 1999. So all of the real work that needs to be done plumbing/electrical/structural has not been done - and I think none of this had been done because that takes real money and Sonja only has invisible money. This may be why her place hasn't had one bite for rental. All of this has to pass code for it to be rented out. If a renter gets hurt on her premises due to any of the open issues, they could sue the shit out of her. I keep picturing someone falling through the floor at any moment

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

Dear Bravo...........Please, please, please do NOT let that happen!

I can't imagine anything remotely interesting coming our way.   Other than the annual trip what's left?  

Does anyone know how many episodes there will be this season?   Season 9 had 19 plus 3 reunion episodes.   

I’m gonna have withdrawal when this season ends.

• Love 5

Even more shocking for me than the filming at Bobby's funeral (wtf?) was Ramona reciting the platitude "Be careful of what you wish for, because then you get it" and actually not mangling it.

On 6/13/2018 at 9:07 PM, KungFuBunny said:

dorinda-medley.jpg

So does Dorinda get out and go to John who's holding her other coat

I can't stop looking at this photo because the woman behind John looks so much like John in drag. 

That's all. 

• Love 11
On 6/14/2018 at 9:15 PM, WordsWordsWords said:

I'd wondered from time to time where Tinsley came by her unpleasant nuttiness. Now I know the apple falleth not far from the tree.

If my mother had opened her mouth in front of my not-even-quite-a-boyfriend and his mother the way Dale did, I'd have disowned her. Granted, I'd be less a drama queen than Tinsley was, but disowning would be on the agenda.

If you ever get a chance to watch High Society, you'd see Tinsley's sister, Dabney. They both had the same parents and Dabney is far more grounded. I think Tinsley's personality in psycho territory was already established at birth.

Tinsley lives in her own head. I think she wants to be a fairy princess. She wants to dress like a Disney character and meet her man and live happily ever after. She has no concept of what happily ever after is, it's just part of the fantasy in her head.

I think she wants to be engaged/have a wedding - but I don't think she wants a marriage or that she wants to put work into a relationship.

She said on the show I'm already on thin ice. She felt Dale was putting unnecessary pressure on her boyfriend in mentioning "babies", yet in the next breath she thinks there is nothing wrong with going wedding dress browsing with her mother on camera. Even if she can prevent Scott from watching that episode, does she really think that none of his friends or Carole would not tell him?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, BodhiGurl said:

She was like this with Luann all the way back at her start - season 5.... rewatched it recently (like last weekend - LOL), and I was actually surprised at how snarky she was about Luann throughout the entire season (biggest things that come to mind, pumpkin head, one-upper, copied everything CR did...so on and so forth), and at that point - Luann had done nothing to her (ala Adam etc). I get that she may have been annoyed with Luann's personality but, yeesh... all season long... snarking about Lu... Carole is my bitch eating crackers with the whole Luann thing too... and the Bethenny thing. LOL

IMO, I really think Carole is broken up from the Adam and the new girlfriend situation, BUT, God forbid she admits it.  Luann on the other hand at least admits how hurt she was when she and Tom broke up.  She’s honest about it and is vulnerable.  Carole makes it like it’s no big deal.  Liar.  Don’t tell me she doesn’t miss that coffee.

22 minutes ago, ladle said:

Even more shocking for me than the filming at Bobby's funeral (wtf?) was Ramona reciting the platitude "Be careful of what you wish for, because then you get it" and actually not mangling it.

I can't stop looking at this photo because the woman behind John looks so much like John in drag. 

That's all. 

What’s Dorinda wearing to the funeral?  Skunk?

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

IMO, I really think Carole is broken up from the Adam and the new girlfriend situation, BUT, God forbid she admits it.  Luann on the other hand at least admits how hurt she was when she and Tom broke up.  She’s honest about it and is vulnerable.  Carole makes it like it’s no big deal.  Liar.  Don’t tell me she doesn’t miss that coffee.

Of course she misses that coffee!   It's obvious that she's in mourning.  Even her boobs are at half-mast.   

image.png

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Of course she misses that coffee!   It's obvious that she's in mourning.  Even her boobs are at half-mast.   

image.png

What happened to the other sleeve?  Maybe I’ll try that look while walking thru the village .. I hate bras too.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Even her boobs are at half-mast.

Are those her boobs or the bottom of her ribcage?  I'm honestly not body-shaming -- it's a legitimate question. 

• Love 3
On 6/15/2018 at 10:49 AM, QuinnM said:

And let me just add that the fabulous hammam (Turkish Bath) did not have any steam on.  I just hope after the camera folks left that they actually got a steam.  I mean they walked around the hotel in their towels, so I hope there was a steam.

I figured they didn't turn on any of it since Tinsley was in full makeup and they probably didn't want to damage any of the camera equipment.

• Love 3
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

What happened to the other sleeve?  Maybe I’ll try that look while walking thru the village .. I hate bras too.

Me three!  LOL

10 minutes ago, ladle said:

Are those her boobs or the bottom of her ribcage?  I'm honestly not body-shaming -- it's a legitimate question. 

Good question.   Probably both.    Gravity won and took her boobs all the way down to the bottom of her rib cage.   The posters in the Carole thread seemed to think they were her boobs and called on Heather to get her some shapewear STAT.      

Edited by AnnA
On 6/15/2018 at 3:22 PM, Martinigirl said:

Unfortunately, it's not the same dress. The one she wore to the garden party was a dark blue with mauve flowers.  I can't believe she  has two of the RL dresses still in her closet. 

Oops my bad..I thought they were the same.

• Love 1
On 6/15/2018 at 8:49 PM, lezlers said:

OMG, can you imagine Tinsley's reaction to a proposal?  She practically had a heart attack when he merely showed up at her hotel/apartment. She might actually pass out.   If they haven't discussed engagement, I'm sure she'd just tell him the producers put her up to it. I honestly can't imagine any man staying with someone so openly desperate.  

I thought they had broken up again?

Do you remember how she asked Scott if they were officially back on and if she could throw away the flowers she kept waiting for this moment?

If Scott proposes, I can see Tinsley saying is this for real? and then asking if she can keep the Pentagram and baby doll until they conceive

tumblr_n5eqx66W5o1t0l1jvo1_400.gif

• Love 4
On 6/15/2018 at 8:58 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

They may have, who knows.  Like I mentioned somewhere, she was in Palm Beach over the MD holiday, and I saw no sign of Scott in her Instagram photos.  I just thought it could be possible that they had discussed marriage (I'm sure she has anyway), prompting the premature gown shopping.

I picture the conversation going something like this.

Tinsley: Skah-aaaat, since I'm agent for Coupon Cabin, I want to see if I can procure deals with designers directly. Let me see if I can get them to sign on with us and we'll be able to expand our user base.

Scott: Okay sounds like a plan

Tinsley: I'm going to go directly to Amsale, Carolina Herrera, Badgley Mischka, Reem Akra, Vera Wang, okay?

Scott is a guy that doesn't seem to know designer names and Tinsley who lives in her own head heard sure honey go look at all the bridal dresses you want.

Word on the street is Coupon Cabin Sidekick is going to be her matron of honor

• Love 4
On 6/16/2018 at 5:48 PM, Gem 10 said:

Was Sonja boarding a plane to Russia after the funeral?  She was dressed for it.

I think the hat was re-purposed for later in the day - held upside down it's a great place to stash food she is planning to take home

• Love 14
1 hour ago, ladle said:

Like I said, the right undergarments make everything look better, except that dress.  I swear if you look at her TH in that olive shirt with the string thing, she looks way more busty...did she have a visit from the boob fairy?

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think the hat was re-purposed for later in the day - held upside down it's a great place to stash food she is planning to take home

Me giggling on a Monday.  It’s amazing!

• Love 4
On 6/16/2018 at 8:48 PM, AnnA said:

I agree that their histories are far from exemplary.  However,  appearances are still important to these families which is why their indiscretions are not broadcast on national tv.   

And I don't think Carole is happy that Adam has moved on.

I don't think they would be angry at Carole moving on with her life.

However, I could see both the Bessett family and the Kennedy family being pissed that Carole has been on 2 shows with "psychics" discussing Carolyn and John.

I also don't think Carole was Carlolyn's BFF. They may have been close because Anthony was John's favorite male cousin, but I think she exaggerates her relationship with Carolyn.

If Carole was so close to Carolyn - why doesn't she ever speak about keeping in touch with her parents. If Carole was so close to John, shouldn't she be just as close to John's surviving sister Caroline.

I also don't think she has moved on from Adam and she iis going to do whatever she can to get him back. I think one of the reasons she doesn't like Luann & Sonja is because she doesn't want to be put in the same category "women who like younger men who don't particularly love them"

• Love 8

image.png.6b3f516efdfcd94ba256cc81ae27acde.png

The pom-poms on the pillows match her dress...another sign for Luonja!

When I was a kid, my mother told me that hate makes you ugly.

Then Beth must seem pretty hideous, given the deep hate she harbors for the father of her child and her mother.

• Love 9
On 6/16/2018 at 10:30 PM, AnnA said:

Carole has a publisher and was going to get his cookbook published.  

As for Carole's personality and being "fun" - we must have been watching two different tv shows. 

I don't there was ever a "real" cookbook in the works. It was just a way for Carole to keep Adam tethered close.

Carole did get Adam to the right people to get him a gig on Chopped.

Had Adam not dated Carole and let's say just continued to date Nicole - he wouldn't have the same level of followers on Social Media.

Had Adam not dated Carole and let's say just continued to date Nicole - he wouldn't have had as many opportunities to be interviewed in magazines.

Had Adam not dated Carole and let's say just continued to date Nicole - the plane crash he was in with his father wouldn't have had any national coverage.

Had Adam not dated Carole and let's say just continued to date Nicole - we would have seen him the one time in the Hamptons and maybe one or two more appearances tops if Nicole was in tow - he got way more camera time being the "boyfriend" of a HW than he would have being the boyfriend of a niece of a HW.

• Love 19

I've noticed that Carole always tries to downplay what's happening with Adam. When Luann was causing a fuss about them being together Carole insisted it was as "serious" or "complicated" and Luann was making it out to be yet they continued to date for years. They weren't moving in together they were just "shacking up" yet THEY STILL LIVED TOGETHER, IT'S THE SAME THING! Now she's not upset or crying over their break up but gets annoyed when he dates other women. I kind of feel all this downplaying is because she doesn't want to be the older woman that's stuck on a guy decades younger than her. 

Speaking of Adam I've actually known a lot of "Adams." On the surface they seem like cool, liberal, laid back, peace loving, stoner hippy types but that can often be a cover for a far more manipulative and selfish personality that is always trying to determine what they can get out of people.  

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

I don't think they would be angry at Carole moving on with her life.

However, I could see both the Bessett family and the Kennedy family being pissed that Carole has been on 2 shows with "psychics" discussing Carolyn and John.

I also don't think Carole was Carlolyn's BFF. They may have been close because Anthony was John's favorite male cousin, but I think she exaggerates her relationship with Carolyn.

If Carole was so close to Carolyn - why doesn't she ever speak about keeping in touch with her parents. If Carole was so close to John, shouldn't she be just as close to John's surviving sister Caroline.

I also don't think she has moved on from Adam and she iis going to do whatever she can to get him back. I think one of the reasons she doesn't like Luann & Sonja is because she doesn't want to be put in the same category "women who like younger men who don't particularly love them"

I don't think they'd be angry for her moving on with her life either.   It's more about how she chose to move on and making it so public.    I agree about the psychic.

Caroline Kennedy probably prefers to keep her distance from anything associated with Bravo's HWs.

ETA:  Carole needs a reality check.   It's too late for her not to be in that category. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, film noire said:

LOL (and I agree with your original point -- the financial dissonance between Sonja, Proud Freegan & M'Lady Morgan touching up her Stately Home = what the fuck?)

Would it surprise you if all of the contractors put a lien on her house for nonpayment of work done?

• Love 3
On 6/15/2018 at 8:35 PM, PradaKitty said:

I like Carole!  When she first came to the show and LuAnn found she was related to the Radziwill family ( and titled!) LuAnn just became very snobbish, playing the “ Who Do We Both Know in European Society Circles” game and kissing up the the “princess”.  Carole was having none of her pretentious behavior and appeared to be immediately turned off by Lou. I have liked her since that first episode. 

I also appreciate Bethenney’s quick wit which is what her infomercial crack was. Everyone (in society) is too overly sensitive. It was HUMOROUS folks. 

This is how I feel.  I love Carole, LuAnne and Bethenny.....all for different reasons.  They make the show for me.  I love crazy Dorinda too.

Sonja, Ramona and Tinsley bore me, but I will take them over Jill any day.  I can never get over how cruel she treated Bethenny for a made-up storyline.  

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, ladle said:

"My jean samples were a little big on me, so I thought I'd bring them to you."  The shaaaaaaade!!!

That's not shade.   Being called a sample size is a compliment.  Being less than a sample size is too skinny.   And since Sonja is cash poor giving them to her was a nice gesture.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4
On 6/15/2018 at 8:35 PM, PradaKitty said:

I like Carole!  When she first came to the show and LuAnn found she was related to the Radziwill family ( and titled!) LuAnn just became very snobbish, playing the “ Who Do We Both Know in European Society Circles” game and kissing up the the “princess”.  Carole was having none of her pretentious behavior and appeared to be immediately turned off by Lou. I have liked her since that first episode. 

That makes two of us! And only two of us, lol. 

• Love 5
On 6/15/2018 at 9:55 PM, film noire said:

I think she's gotten thinner. It might be the fit of those awful Skinnygirl jeans combined with her footwear (elongating her legline in an unflattering way) but her calves appeared nearly stick-like going up the stairs at Sonja's. 

eta: circa 2006, several months before they started shooting (love her face here -- so pretty -- and she looks genuinely happy):

2006.jpg

Beth looks great here!

1 hour ago, missy jo said:

That makes two of us! And only two of us, lol. 

Three of us.  ?

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

This is how I feel.  I love Carole, LuAnne and Bethenny.....all for different reasons.  They make the show for me.  I love crazy Dorinda too.

Sonja, Ramona and Tinsley bore me, but I will take them over Jill any day.  I can never get over how cruel she treated Bethenny for a made-up storyline.  

I really hope they don't bring Jill back and I could do without Ramona and Tinsley.   They bore me too.  For some reason I feel sorry for Sonja so I'm always hoping she'll come back to earth.   And I wish Dorinda would stop drinking.  She's such a nasty drunk. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, AnnA said:

I don't think they'd be angry for her moving on with her life either.   It's more about how she chose to move on and making it so public.    I agree about the psychic.

Caroline Kennedy probably prefers to keep her distance from anything associated with Bravo's HWs.

ETA:  Carole needs a reality check.   It's too late for her not to be in that category. 

Yep.  I’ve said that in the beginning.  I’m surprised she went on this show in the first place.  She should have just stuck with writing the columns and led a more private life.  Two different lives here.  Not saying that one is better than the other, but just very different.  But, it’s her life and her choice.

• Love 1

Carole is not a Kennedy, has adamantly made that clear, so I don’t get the constant comparisons and criticisms.  Her connections with the Kennedy’s died with her husband, JFK jr and Carolyn Bissette-Kennedy.  Why shouldn’t she be able to make money on this show if she wants?  I find her very likable, entertaining and refreshing.  I wasn’t a fan the season she and Beth went after Jules, so her distant friendship with Bethenny makes me happy.  They were mean girls to Jules.  I loved Carole and Heather’s friendship, it was so genuine and real and I wish Heather would have hung around to put Bethenny in her place when she goes off the rails. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

I’m surprised she went on this show in the first place.  She should have just stuck with writing the columns and led a more private life.

I can imagine a scenario where someone (Carole in this case) decides to do the show on a whim, with the idea that it would probably be one season and out, but the paycheck ensues, and it becomes difficult to walk away from.  Tail waggin' the dog kinda thing.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the one working pipe to the bidet bursts and Sonja starts throwing her undies into the dishwasher next to her vibrators.

I believe we’ve solved the undies in the bidet.  There are no working sinks in the vanity because Sonja broke them all having sex.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Yep.  I’ve said that in the beginning.  I’m surprised she went on this show in the first place.  She should have just stuck with writing the columns and led a more private life.  Two different lives here.  Not saying that one is better than the other, but just very different.  But, it’s her life and her choice.

Why does anyone go on this show? Why Beth? Ramona? Sonya? Dorinda? Tinsley? Lu?

They all have their reasons. We can speculate but we really don't know what they are.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Could someone tell me: Sonja fed Page 6 info about Dorinda. Did Sonja ever feed Page 6 about Beth?

No, Sonja has fed stories about Dorinda, Luann/Tom and Tinsley but never about Bethenny! Look how crazy Bethenny got when Kristen said something nice about her on a step/repeat photo op (and she never forgave her either), can you imagine what she would do if Sonja feed stories to page six, be they true or false!

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

No, Sonja has fed stories about Dorinda, Luann/Tom and Tinsley but never about Bethenny! Look how crazy Bethenny got when Kristen said something nice about her on a step/repeat photo op (and she never forgave her either), can you imagine what she would do if Sonja feed stories to page six, be they true or false!

Right? Beth would go nuclear on Sonja. There would be nothing left of her. But I am surprised. Sonja seems stupid enough, delusional enough to jump into a piranha tank. So I wonder why she didn’t feed Page 6 info about Beth. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Right? Beth would go nuclear on Sonja. There would be nothing left of her. But I am surprised. Sonja seems stupid enough, delusional enough to jump into a piranha tank. So I wonder why she didn’t feed Page 6 info about Beth. 

IMO, Sonja knows her job security lies with Bethenny and as long as she can cozy up to her, she will keep her mouth closed about B to page six.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

IMO, Sonja knows her job security lies with Bethenny and as long as she can cozy up to her, she will keep her mouth closed about B to page six.

I agree completely that Sonja realizes this now. Does that mean that Sonja was just hoping for the best with Tipsy Girl? (And again, I don’t believe that Tipsy Girl was a Skinny girl cheater brand, but it’s Bethenny’s world and we all get to live in it.) Sonja was definitely taking risks with TG.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I agree completely that Sonja realizes this now. Does that mean that Sonja was just hoping for the best with Tipsy Girl? (And again, I don’t believe that Tipsy Girl was a Skinny girl cheater brand, but it’s Bethenny’s world and we all get to live in it.) Sonja was definitely taking risks with TG.

IMO, Sonja just thought Bethenny wouldn't really mind because it really wasn't her product, she was nothing more than the "face of" TG, she wasn't even an investor. But of course she was wrong, Bethenny got really upset and refused to go to Dorinda's house if Sonja went, which is why Dorinda uninvited her, which sent off Sonja off to page six with stories about Dorinda. LOL She, Sonja blamed Dorinda instead of Bethenny because, again, she knows she needs Bethenny on her side to keep her Apple.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

The bulk of this website is based on speculation, right?

Yes. Absolutely. Speculation and individual perception. If not for these, this website wouldn't exist.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 5

Carole is not a Kennedy, has adamantly made that clear, so I don’t get the constant comparisons and criticisms.  Her connections with the Kennedy’s died with her husband, JFK jr and Carolyn Bissette-Kennedy.  

So, here's the thing. I don't think Carole is a Kennedy. I understand her attachment to the Kennedy clan is tenuous and ended with the plane crash. However, Carole Radziwill is intimately if tenuously attached to the mythos of Camelot and the Kennedy Curse so even though, like most curses, its happenstance and coincidence in play. Its hard to fight "Little John-John was friends with a *prince* and then he died in a terrible and suspicious (ahem) plane crash with his wife and her sister. The prince and the princess were John-John's and the wife's best pals and then the plane crash! And then four weeks later, the prince died! No one had any children so now all that's left is the lonely young princess mourning the ashes of Camelot...."

Gosh, I teared up a little and I don't even like Carole. But seriously, no she's not a Kennedy but she's attached to one of the tragedies. The comparisons and criticisms are always going to be there, especially because she then wrote a book about her interpretation of the tragedy.

• Love 6
(edited)
22 hours ago, ladle said:

Even more shocking for me than the filming at Bobby's funeral (wtf?)

I hadn't thought about this until I read your comment. It was totally disgusting that BravHo went to a goddamn funeral to shoot footage and honestly? The only way they could have done that was to ask Jill for permission to shoot there, right? I mean, they wouldn't roll up with a camera crew and let Bethany just unleash her verbal diarrhea ad hoc outside a funeral, right? So there must have been a phone call..."Hi Jill, on behalf of the Bravo and Housewives family, we want to extend our deepest condolences to you on the loss of your dearly beloved Bobby. Oh, by the way, can we come to the funeral and shoot footage of you and Bethany reconciling?" There had to be a convo like this before they shot there. It just shows how low Bravo will stoop, and how low Andy Cohen will go, and how utterly depraved and without any moral compass Bethanny really is. I feel sorry for Bryn, having such a narcissist for a mother, and a loser for a father. Poor kid. At least she'll have a pile of cash for therapy.

4 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Carole is not a Kennedy, has adamantly made that clear, so I don’t get the constant comparisons and criticisms.  Her connections with the Kennedy’s died with her husband, JFK jr and Carolyn Bissette-Kennedy.  Why shouldn’t she be able to make money on this show if she wants?  I find her very likable, entertaining and refreshing.  I wasn’t a fan the season she and Beth went after Jules, so her distant friendship with Bethenny makes me happy.  They were mean girls to Jules.  I loved Carole and Heather’s friendship, it was so genuine and real and I wish Heather would have hung around to put Bethenny in her place when she goes off the rails. 

True, Carol is not a Kennedy, but her connection didn't 'die with her husband'. The Radziwills are related to the Kennedys because Lee is/was Jackie's sister. So the Radziwills and the Kennedys would still be considered 'family', at least the way most families work. You don't get cut out of an extended family just because someone dies, at least not where I come from.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 6