Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Faux Weddings and a Funeral

• Start Topic

I'd wondered from time to time where Tinsley came by her unpleasant nuttiness. Now I know the apple falleth not far from the tree.

If my mother had opened her mouth in front of my not-even-quite-a-boyfriend and his mother the way Dale did, I'd have disowned her. Granted, I'd be less a drama queen than Tinsley was, but disowning would be on the agenda.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny is not that funny, she really isn't, she is more miss than hit IMO, and her "jokes" are always at someone else's expense.

Making "jokes" at someone else's expense is SOP for the all the HWs.   We don't have to agree.  I happen to think Bethenny is funny and does it better than the other women. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I actually really liked her dress!  Is that bad?  I thought it would be cute for work.  I have no style.

She said it was vintage Ralph Lauren. I agree, saw nothing wrong with it. 

2 hours ago, Lula58 said:

She tips her head/ nose up in such an arrogant way and is illogical with her arguments...I was one of the few who liked ALEX from the beginning....one of the best comments was not listening to the well meaning morons lol ie Jill( though prob not well meaning). Jill really does show her upbringing.

Alex was so humorless and awkward :/ She was okay her first season. I didn’t like the bullying she received, though. 

Speaking of which, Beth stands up for Sonja against Dorinda from the preview...D snarks on Sawn’s family crest ring, the one she’s worn on her pinky for as long as we’ve watched her. Tinsley wears one too...

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Making "jokes" at someone else's expense is SOP for the all the HWs.   We don't have to agree.  I happen to think Bethenny is funny and does it better than the other women. 

Not quite, Bethenny's are biting, nasty and cruel most of the time, they are meant as insults to hurt them. All friends take jabs at each other, tease each other but most don't intend to insult/hurt the person they are "joking" with, Bethenny does IMO. Bethenny has to be on top at all times, even at the expense of others and to the detriment of herself in the long run, which is why she goes thru "real" friends like water thru a sieve. 

But Yes, agree to disagree on anything Bethenny most of the time (but not always) LOL

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Not quite, Bethenny's are biting, nasty and cruel most of the time, they are meant as insults to hurt them.

But Yes, agree to disagree on anything Bethenny most of the time (but not always) LOL

Cruel and nasty like Dorinda, Carole, Ramona, Sonja and LuAnn.  

Yes agree to disagree.  

• Love 5

I'm thinking about Dale and Tinsley.  Boarding school isn't a normal experience in the US.  I would have loved to go to boarding school but that was never an option.  When my daughter was old enough to go, I could have afforded to send her but that was never, ever, ever an option.  I loved my daughter so much I would never have considered it.

That said, Tins and her mom seem to have a loving relationship.   I envy that.  Her mom came to see her and they went wedding dress shopping together.  My mom spent her time not liking me.  *Shrug

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Alex was so humorless and awkward :/ She was okay her first season. I didn’t like the bullying she received, though. 

I didn't like the bullying either, but that doesn't mean I liked Alex and Simon.  They came across too hungry and eager to climb.  I still remember them going to an event and then checking to see if their photo appeared in the paper.  Then the modeling, and shopping for lingerie, the kiddie pool, Johan face, the pretty much everything else...  I thought they much made fools of themselves most of the time.   I think she would have been better off without his presence on the show, but they seemed to like being a package.  

• Love 11

When Jill said she was all alone now, Bethenny didn't say so was she.  She said we all are.  I don't know what that means but I think she was trying to be comforting so Jill wouldn't feel so alone and sad and that's just what came out .

Tinsley is a little out there but I still like her.  She's showed up to support the ladies at any event they had.  She's a little ditzy but she seems like she's a lot of fun and has a good heart.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, missy jo said:

I think it's hilarious that the only person who will deign to film with Bethenny is Sonja. 

What?     With the exception of LuAnn, they all filmed with Bethenny in this episode.  

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Sai said:

When Jill said she was all alone now, Bethenny didn't say so was she.  She said we all are.  I don't know what that means but I think she was trying to be comforting so Jill wouldn't feel so alone and sad and that's just what came out .

Tinsley is a little out there but I still like her.  She's showed up to support the ladies at any event they had.  She's a little ditzy but she seems like she's a lot of fun and has a good heart.

Actually she said both!

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, albarino said:

I'm thinking about Dale and Tinsley.  Boarding school isn't a normal experience in the US.  I would have loved to go to boarding school but that was never an option.  When my daughter was old enough to go, I could have afforded to send her but that was never, ever, ever an option.  I loved my daughter so much I would never have considered it.

That said, Tins and her mom seem to have a loving relationship.   I envy that.  Her mom came to see her and they went wedding dress shopping together.  My mom spent her time not liking me.  *Shrug

I get what you are saying.  I loved my mom, and she was a good mom, but she never showed emotion or complemented me ever.  I craved affection but she didn’t know how.  I have two daughters and I tell them I love them and that they are beautiful all the time.  My son also.  Maybe we have to give them the benefit of a doubt.  Some mothers just aren’t affectionate or know how to be loving.  Maybe it was the way they were brought up.  I don’t know.  P.s.  I went by myself to pick out my wedding gown.  Don’t feel bad.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I actually really liked her dress!  Is that bad?  I thought it would be cute for work.  I have no style.

I did, too. It held up pretty well for being worn throughout a drunk rampage and a night in jail.

4 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

Cindy was awful from what little I saw of her! She didn't fit the show and if she smiled about anything, I didn't see it! She was so doer, busy, and in her own little world! Lashing out made little to no sense; same with what she got from the other ladies! The last time I remember them having a tete a tete was at the reunion with someone kvetchin' about Cindy taking a business phone call in the middle of their lunch at their place! It was like such a horrible thing to do in their mind; flippin' out over what I just don't know! ;-(

It was Sonja! She invited Cindy over for a toaster oven brunch. Cindy proceeded to show up with her assistant, tell Sonja that said assistant "doesn't eat", take a business call in the kitchen, shush Sonja for trying to cook while she was on the phone, and then told Sonja that she had no manners when Sonja rightfully called her vagazzling ass out on her rudeness.

Granted, Sonja had already gone after Cindy at that point with the pecking order and Quogue and cutting her out of the Morocco photos, so she kinda didn't have a leg to stand on.

4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Yeah, people seem to have forgotten why we (some of us) loved to hate Jill.  I for one am not a proponent of her returning to RHONY.

I don't want Jill back. I'd be fine if she popped up occasionally as a friend of, but I do not want her to be a full-time Housewife again. It would only be a matter of time before her insufferable side reared it's ugly head.

3 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

Are A & S still "down under" in Australia? She seemed to be keeping up with the show even out of the country; making videos with commentary after she left! ;-)

3 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

I do believe so, probably best thing they could have done for their family. I'd love to see her back on the show tho - bring her and Jill back, dump Tins and Carole - LOL. Back to the OG's...

The Van Kempens are apparently thriving in Australia. Alex went back to school for Psychology, I believe, and Simon is in law school.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Jel said:

I didn't see the show (kinda half sorry, half happy I missed it).  

Dale seems very overbearing, but Tinsley is an adult woman and it's up to her now (and has been for many years) to set and enforce her own boundaries with her mom. Mummy is going to continue on as she does until Tinsley says enough. And rolling her eyes like an exasperated teenager, and tossing in the occasional OHMAHGOD is not going to do it. She's 40 now. I suggest she either do some of the tough work of maturing emotionally, (therapy is good for this) or simply resign herself to the fact that, by omission, she is choosing to be a perma-child, and since it is her choice, just stfu about it. 

The bows, the frills, the curls, the eye rolls, the crying over her frozen ova, the falling on the floor at Scott's visit, the trying on wedding dresses without a wedding date = too much for this PTVer.  Try womanhood, Tinsely -- it's actually awesome.

Tinsley has been living in NYC for over a year. I find it strange she didn't at the very least get a PO Box to have all of her mail forwarded to.

I thought it was also kind of gross that she lets her mother open her mail.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny is not that funny, she really isn't, she is more miss than hit IMO, and her "jokes" are always at someone else's expense. Bethenny, season 1 thru 3 was funny because her biting humor was turned against herself more than it was at others. Even she admits she wouldn't take kindly or forgive anyone else if they talked to her the way she does the others! And, IMO, Bethenny has changed, she is more bitter, nasty, cruel and judgmental than she ever was in the beginning years of the show. And just because Bravo rewards her behavior, doesn't make her any less nasty/cruel/bitter, just like her bff/boss Andy who has serious issues with/about women in general. 

As for Carole's sense of humor, it is very much like Bethenny's, almost always at someone else's expense, which is why she/Bethenny were/are perfect for each other. Oh, and many here joked about the dress Luann was wearing when she was arrested, heck, it is the same dress Bethenny made fun of at Sonja's party last season.

Beth’s “jokes” are at least 90% her mocking other people or other people’s things. She also relies on vulgar language for shock value and the ensuing nervous giggles. She even goes after total (innocent) strangers; someone who works at the restaurant or someone standing next to her at a bar.

If she seems funny, in my opinion, it’s only because she is funnier than most of the other HWs. Which is a pretty low bar.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 11
On 6/13/2018 at 10:58 PM, SailorGirl said:

I was just coming here to post basically the same thing about the gym guys -- you KNOW they were thinking, "if that was us, we'd probably be dead or beaten and bruised." 

I really like Tinsley, but the whole thing with the wedding dresses and the eggs lost even me. Her mother is a big part of why she is the way she is. I'm sure even when or if she tried to "get away," her mother wouldn't let her. I get she's a grown woman and all, but that level of control is hard to break away from. . . 

edit to add: I actually really like that Lu isn't a "born again" alcoholic -- ala, I"m never drinking again; drinking is evil; anyone who drinks is a horrible person, etc. -- basically the holier than thou attitude.  I like that she isn't letting that label be forced on her -- for years, her drinking has been fine, but instead of dealing with the Tom shit, she thought she could handle it and her subconscious said . . . "NOPE." Its coming out, one way or the other." And she realized that. So she said, right now, I need to stop drinking until I truly deal with the Tom shit and get back in a good place. Not a damn thing wrong with that. Personal note -- I went through some shit in 2008, to the degree where I was concerned I was becoming an alcoholic. I didn't go to jail like Lu, but I did hit my own personal rock bottom.  I saw a counselor and just stopped drinking until I felt like my life was back to normal. Three or four months later, I was back to normal, and going out again, having cocktails to be social, not to escape issues. It does happen, and people can manage it without having to be classified and labeled as something they really aren't because of other people's judgements. 

I went through it to when i divorced its painful 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ichbin said:

I didn't like the bullying either, but that doesn't mean I liked Alex and Simon.  They came across too hungry and eager to climb.  I still remember them going to an event and then checking to see if their photo appeared in the paper.  Then the modeling, and shopping for lingerie, the kiddie pool, Johan face, the pretty much everything else...  I thought they much made fools of themselves most of the time.   I think she would have been better off without his presence on the show, but they seemed to like being a package.  

Yeah, I think them denying that they were social climbers is what turned off most people. 

• Love 2

Geez, Beth interrupts, talks over and generally just steamrolls Sonja while visiting her townhouse. You could prop up a ragdoll in the corner, and Beth would regurgitate the same words. 

She lets Sonja talk for a few seconds about the shoe, then says, “Good. I just got back from seeing Jill...” 

• Love 9
18 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I have 2 precious kitties and just buried my beloved dog.  I love petting and loving on them.  Never thought I needed to wash my hands afterwards before having a snack.  They are my pets and clean.  I don’t see Carole eating popcorn and loving on her kitty wrong.  

Agreed!  I touch my pets non-stop and don't worry about touching them and eating.  It's not like I picked up poop and skipped washing my hands!  On the other hand, my cousin's dog - whom I've loved since I first met him at the shelter I volunteer at - gets loved to pieces, and then I wash my hands before eating.  I guess it's like changing your own kid's diapers, versus changing someone else's at work with gloves.

No more pet mama shaming!

• Love 13
17 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Scott's gotta tell Tinsley he's moving to Yemen.  I'm sure there's a vacancy at 1 Yemen Road.

Didn't Tinsley say she got married right out of high school?  The caption on her wedding photo said 2009- is she pretending she's not 40?

I don't want Jill coming back.  Without Bobby around as a calming influence I feel she'll be beyond horrible, she'll make Ramona look sweet in comparison.

Carole, you're not cute.  Bye.

Didn't Tinsley and Topper get married right of high school and then their parents forced them to get an annulment/divorce?  And then they re-married later?

17 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Thank you.  She was the best dog.  I am lost without her.

I lost my 16 y/o cat last week.  It's devastating.  He was originally my little cousin's cat (I gave him to her on her 13th birthday), and I had to put her on speaker phone as she apologized to the old boy and told him she didn't mean to leave him for so long. Broke my heart.

• Love 12

Yes once word that he was at hospice (in home hospice)Dorinda Luann and Romana ran to see him. He didn’t die the next day this death was drawn out she had ample time had she so chose to go see him she chose not too. This balling that she loved him sooo much just rings hollow when she couldn’t even bother to see him before he died (she was busy on vacation) 

I have to be honest, I don't see what the problem is. She had a great relationship with Bobby but when she and Jill split up, I can't imagine Bobby still kept in contact. The break up was VERY ugly and Jill and Bethenny didn't speak for what, six, seven years? I totally get not wanting to impose on a family with a loved one in hospice, especially since lets be honest - the show would have been right on top of that. I also can't see people letting Bethenny off the hook - she went to the funeral and she supposedly made it all about herself by the comment "I'm alone too" - I can't believe if she took a kind, loving photo like Luann's with Bobby - and I could see Bethenny and Bobby doing such a photo - that it wouldn't be castigated as Bethenny being an attention whore. She hadn't been speaking to Jill for years, if she wasn't invited by Jill to see Bobby, then she was right to not invite herself. 

If I seem to be dismissing  the "I'm alone too" remark, it's because people say awkward things at funerals and wakes. If I dismissed every person who said something I found hurtful and actually mean when my father died last August, I'd likely have no friends left. And I would certainly have no family. Little tip btw - if someone close to the deceased had to fly in on an emergency basis because an illness took a dramatic downturn only to have the loved one die three hours after entering the home, they probably don't want to hear "He was waiting for *you* to go".

• Love 17

I'm late to the party; just watched the show on the Bravo app. I only have two comments about this episode; other than Bobby was a mensch. Fuck cancer.

1. Cats is back on Broadway?! When did this happen and why? (They showed a sign in the background in one of the scenes.)

2. Carole needs to grow the hell up. Emotionally stunted know it all who thinks much too highly of herself. Munching popcorn as she spoke to her, for the purpose of this freelance job, boss was beyond the beyond. You are 50 plus years old, Carole. There is a difference between being childlike and being childish. There is a difference between free-spirit and phony pathetic. Hate her. Hate her rag bag jeans.

• Love 17
54 minutes ago, Juneau Gal said:

1. Cats is back on Broadway?! When did this happen and why? (They showed a sign in the background in one of the scenes.)

One of my favorite quotes from SNL Weekend Update:

'And, in a related story, this week marked the 5,000th performance of the Broadway musical "Cats." It also marked the 5,000th time a guy turned to his wife and said, "What the hell is this?"" (Norm MacDonald back in October 1994)

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

2. Carole needs to grow the hell up. Emotionally stunted know it all who thinks much too highly of herself. Munching popcorn as she spoke to her, for the purpose of this freelance job, boss was beyond the beyond. You are 50 plus years old, Carole. There is a difference between being childlike and being childish. There is a difference between free-spirit and phony pathetic.

This.all.day.  I'd give you a wheelbarrow full of 'likes', if I could, for the italicized part.

And a dumptruck full for the bolded part. 

Feet on the dashboard in her first season was the initial inkling, for me, of Carole's arrested development. And it just snowballed from there.

Tinsley is a much nicer person than Carole, but they're well suited as BFF 4 ever. 

2 good

2 B

4 gotten

• Love 10

So Bethenny couldn't tolerate Ramona's "infomercial" for her skin care line (which, by the looks of Ramona lately, I'd be willing to bet is pretty good) but Bethenny can be in one for Sonja's shoe line (which looked hardly worn and were probably as uncomfortable as the were ugly)?  B's sidling up to Sonja is so weird and a transparent bid for an ally.

Speaking of ads, somehow I've been spared the Coupon Cabin ads and whatever one Bethenny was in.  For some reason, they don't air where I am, but local ads are dropped in where the CC would be (at least going on what Ben & Ronnie say about the ads and which breaks they've been shown during). 

• Love 5
(edited)
22 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

I will sit at a quiet table for one (sipping Ramona Pinot Gris or Vanderpump Rose, natch) thinking that Carole's commentary on Lu's arrest was really not worthy of all the pearl clutching and admonishment I'm reading about.  The woman called Carole a pedo and took every opportunity she could to delight in tearing down Carole for dating Adam. So yeah, I'm fine with Carole taking a little delight in Lu's arrest. Not to mention I was watching some older NY episodes recently and happened to come upon Lu's tag line for Season 4... or 5?  "For some people, living elegantly just comes naturally."  Lu, I'll hand it to ya, you did VERY gracefully and elegantly slip those cuffs!  

I’ll join you at that table, but with a bottle of Malbec rosé lol. LuAnn made awful awful insinuations about Carole because she dared to date a man in his late 20s. LuAnn called Carole a “pedafile” and somehow because LuAnn has moved past it, Carole should as well? Nah, LuAnn can catch all the jokes about her arrest and rehab stay, especially considering that her white lady privilege even allowed her to do all of that shit unscathed.  

18 hours ago, Ki-in said:

Carole is a published (yes) author (maybe) but she is NOT a writer by trade or true craft. I work with a woman whose partner IS a writer for a living and she writes all the time, she brings notebooks with her everywhere etc. It's not this horrible chore to her. 

And there are other writers who write only when they need to, who don’t travel around with all the Moleskines, for whom buckling down to write is also work.

There are always jokes about writers on deadline sitting down to write, only to remember that they needed to vacuum, dust, repaint, or re-roof a home and devoting all their attention to *that*.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 8

Just me .... another odd question. Is B being nice to Sonja so that she and Frederic can rent/sell Sonja’s place on their show?  Lol, is that show even on?  Never watched it. 

And, if Ramona is redecorating, is it or could it possibly be the same?

Or could Sonja (and/or Ramona) be thinking that they could end up with a Bravo spinoff?

Lol ... should add an ‘s’ to question above but I’m not.  Not posting very much but love reading everyone’s thoughts.  So hiya to all and thank you. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Ellee said:

Just me .... another odd question. Is B being nice to Sonja so that she and Frederic can rent/sell Sonja’s place on their show?  Lol, is that show even on?  Never watched it. 

And, if Ramona is redecorating, is it or could it possibly be the same?

Or could Sonja (and/or Ramona) be thinking that they could end up with a Bravo spinoff?

Lol ... should add an ‘s’ to question above but I’m not.  Not posting very much but love reading everyone’s thoughts.  So hiya to all and thank you. 

B is being nice to Sonja and LuAnn because she needs some allies on the show, people to film with.  They seem to be the only two available.   She and Fredrik are not selling Sonja's place.  Bethenny and Fredrik's show failed miserably, and Frederik's answer on WWHL as to whether he would work with Bethnny again was a hesitant "its all good but no."  He didn't elaborate on if he meant the show wasn't going forward or Bethenny was horrible to work with, or both.  Show stunk.  To be fair I watched only half of episode one.  

Ramona's city apartment is up for sale.  I guess that's why she did a reno.    Avery has moved and the place is too big for her, and I'm sure she can make a nice profit to put aside for her old age.  

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/leisure/real-estate/g21147829/ramona-singer-new-york-city-apartment/

16 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

Maybe she didn't really know how bad he was - people can sometimes get so wrapped up in their own drama that they don't realize what's going on with friends, let alone long-time ago ex-friends. I don't think she would intentionally not go visit him. It's very unfortunate if she didn't get a chance to see him and now regrets it - if anything we can learn from that to not take things for granted. Unless she shares differently - I'm going with the "she just didn't realize how bad he was" excuse. It's kind of like when JZ and BF fell apart with the "get a hobby" silliness. BF had no clue how bad Bobby was and I believe that - especially given Jill's tendencies to theatrics and she didn't get theatrical with BF about how Bobby was until after their fallout. Remember JZ saying Bobby's throat was cut from ear to ear - yet on screen we saw no evidence of a scar. By looking at him back then you'd have no clue he was having medical problems. It's all just sad and unfortunate - because I do believe Bethenny genuinely cared for Bobby, but as can happen with fractured friendships - she probably felt it wasn't appropriate to approach Bobby years ago given her rift with JZ, and both her and JZ were living their lives independent of each other. Anywho.... time will tell if this means a JZ return to RHONY full time, friend of, or not at all.

The state of Bobby's health and hospitalizations was in Page Six regularly.   You know Bethenny devours Page Six.  

• Love 16
33 minutes ago, weaver said:

Ramona's city apartment is up for sale.  I guess that's why she did a reno.    Avery has moved and the place is too big for her, and I'm sure she can make a nice profit to put aside for her old age.  

So the place that she has for rent in the Hampton’s was just updated?  I remember thinking that the kitchen and baths in the photos needed an update but she had this new Bertazzoni range.  I’m going to have to go back and look again.  Maybe she just picked some finishes that I thought were out of date.

Now, speaking of Ramona.  So the staged limo to Bobby’s funeral, where Dorinda had on the wrong coat?  Where Dorinda heavily grilled Ramona on Palm Beach and the party?  That was a producer making Dorinda get Ramona on tape looking guilty.  The previews show why they went back and refilmed the two of them.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, queenjen said:

I found that scene really creepy. The dynamic between Tinsley and her mother is what I'm talking about. Dale started with the tears, and Tinsley kept glancing at her while she summoned up some tears of her own. She kept glancing at her mother, for ..what? validation? a clue how to behave? In the wedding shop infomercial (seriously, does ANYONE believe Tinsley would be wearing a wedding dress at her wedding with a price point of only 5 to 6K?) I noticed that her body shape is already looking like the early signs of osteoporosis. She has that bowed torso, hunched shoulder look. I don't really know why I am hating so much on Tinsley. She just isn't delivering. If I was into such things, I'd be doing a shot every time she screeches 'Oh my Gaaaad!' 

I think Tinsley is harmless (for now) but I agree that she doesn't bring much for me either. I think it's hard to really embrace her because there's no part of her that I can relate to. She's a grown woman whose fashion sense resembles that of a teenager in some anime show. How she approaches and seemingly navigates relationships seems a bit juvenile to me. She doesn't seem to have any drive or any goals. She just all around seems lazy to me and not as much grounded in reality.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 6/14/2018 at 10:23 AM, Duke2801 said:

Goodness there was a LOT to unpack this episode.  I didn't think I could cringe more for Tinsley that I did during her fall-on-the-floor-screeching she did a few episodes ago but NOPE.  I was wrong! She outdid herself this episode.  And girl, come on, even if you do get married again, you'll be 43 and it's your 2nd (technically 3rd since she married Topper twice)--- you do NOT really need the Poofy White Gown Princess Moment, do you?  And don't get me started on the eggs.  ON that subject... would they really advise you to harvest some more at 42?  I thought the idea was to freeze them when you are young--or at least under 35?  But tbh, I don't know nothing about freezing eggs. 

I will sit at a quiet table for one (sipping Ramona Pinot Gris or Vanderpump Rose, natch) thinking that Carole's commentary on Lu's arrest was really not worthy of all the pearl clutching and admonishment I'm reading about.  The woman called Carole a pedo and took every opportunity she could to delight in tearing down Carole for dating Adam. So yeah, I'm fine with Carole taking a little delight in Lu's arrest. Not to mention I was watching some older NY episodes recently and happened to come upon Lu's tag line for Season 4... or 5?  "For some people, living elegantly just comes naturally."  Lu, I'll hand it to ya, you did VERY gracefully and elegantly slip those cuffs!  

I do agree with you that Carole had every right to be mad at Luann forever for that comment. At the same time, Carole should have stuck to her guns and NOT have invited Luann to tea to wipe the slate clean. If I recall, the tea for tat episode, Carole only referred to taking offense at Adam being called a boy toy.

Carole needs to pick a lane - if she were never going to be over it then don't pretend that the only hostility has been coming from Luann and not herself

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Lizzing said:

So Bethenny couldn't tolerate Ramona's "infomercial" for her skin care line (which, by the looks of Ramona lately, I'd be willing to bet is pretty good) but Bethenny can be in one for Sonja's shoe line (which looked hardly worn and were probably as uncomfortable as the were ugly)?  B's sidling up to Sonja is so weird and a transparent bid for an ally.

Speaking of ads, somehow I've been spared the Coupon Cabin ads and whatever one Bethenny was in.  For some reason, they don't air where I am, but local ads are dropped in where the CC would be (at least going on what Ben & Ronnie say about the ads and which breaks they've been shown during). 

Beth is such a hypocrite. She eviscerated Sonja for Tipsy Girl, but, next week, criticizes Dorinda for going after Sonja with regard to the family crest, because it’s now suddenly not a fair fight. Beth wants to defend Sonja against Dorinda; who defended Sonja against Beth?  If Dorinda is a rottweiler to Sonja’s guinea pig, Beth is a velociraptor. Beth has blow-torched so many bridges, that, with Lu in rehab, only pathetic Sonja will spend one-on-one camera time with Beth. They have both alienated so many of the other HWs. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Beth is such a hypocrite. She eviscerated Sonja for Tipsy Girl, but, next week, criticizes Dorinda for going after Sonja with regard to the family crest, because it’s now suddenly not a fair fight. Beth wants to defend Sonja against Dorinda; who defended Sonja against Beth?  If Dorinda is a rottweiler to Sonja’s guinea pig, Beth is a velociraptor. Beth has blow-torched so many bridges, that, with Lu in rehab, only pathetic Sonja will spend one-on-one camera time with Beth. They have both alienated so many of the other HWs.

I see this as apples and oranges.  Tipsy Girl booze is what Bethenny called it, a cheater brand.  The shoes would be a problem if she did a SG logo on them.  But Sonja’s crest isn’t the same thing.

The camera time was heavily covered on Page Six during filming.  Bethenny was never available and it pissed people off.  This was when she was weekly to PR and then the next week with Bryn.  So I’m guessing if her being available was a problem then folks were justified complaining but what are you going to say.  I hate her cuz she’s always in PR helping people and I’m not getting my screen time because she’s not available?

• Love 5

I love Tinsley, I love what she brings. I TOTALLY want to see Amsale wedding dresses on my HDTV and their prices in full color. This is what I want to see housewives doing. Spending on shit I will never get near. I love her peach coral one shouldered dress in her TH. I think she doesn't have an evil bone in her body, good intentions and she's funny. She is  total prep icon for me and I don't think she has any malice. I also think this was a setup with Amsale and her bf was in on it she might have even been paid by Amsale.  The crying over the unfertilized eggs was over the top I think the champs had gone to their head at this point. 

Bethenny is so damaged, making it all about her. Pisses me off that she stands up for Tinsley moving on from Sonja after Sonja helped Tinsley.  (Bethenny said it would make her act a little crazy if she was in Sonja's shoes), but Bethenny fails to recognize that that what Jill did when Bethenny moved on from Jill. Gift bags. This is why KKB flipped out about the Scary Island gift bags, just grandstanding and showing off and disgusting. IIRC she was handing out gift bags on Scary Island right after her dad died. And she's suggesting them to Jill at Bobby's funeral. Twisted. 

Ramona is Jill's real friend.

I hope Luann is together. I did not like how she said things like about her shock "about what happened to her". It is a little like not taking full blame. I hope she goes on to really understand deeply this was her doing, errr undoing. 

Bobby was the best house househusband in the franchise. Totally devoted to Jill and a gentleman. After all they are supposed to be the real house wives  and their relationship was real.  If Bobby loved Jill then I love Jill. He is the real deal. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I see this as apples and oranges.  Tipsy Girl booze is what Bethenny called it, a cheater brand.  The shoes would be a problem if she did a SG logo on them.  But Sonja’s crest isn’t the same thing.

The camera time was heavily covered on Page Six during filming.  Bethenny was never available and it pissed people off.  This was when she was weekly to PR and then the next week with Bryn.  So I’m guessing if her being available was a problem then folks were justified complaining but what are you going to say.  I hate her cuz she’s always in PR helping people and I’m not getting my screen time because she’s not available?

Bethenny calling it a "cheater" brand doesn't make it so. 

As for what the others were saying to/about Bethenny's unavailability for filming, it's her JOB, it's what she gets paid for so do your job or quit.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, AnnA said:

Humor is definitely relative. It's not a FACT whether someone is funny or not. Bethenny cracks me up to this day. And she still makes jokes at her own expense. Just up at the Berkshires she was making fun of her own looks, likening herself to an elf. She's made fun of her fashion choices this season too. She spares no one! 

8 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

Carole needs to grow the hell up. Emotionally stunted know it all who thinks much too highly of herself. Munching popcorn as she spoke to her, for the purpose of this freelance job, boss was beyond the beyond. You are 50 plus years old, Carole. There is a difference between being childlike and being childish. There is a difference between free-spirit and phony pathetic. Hate her. Hate her rag bag jeans.

I also like how she felt the need to slip it in there that she had met that prison-gym owner when she was meeting up with friends at midnight in Chinatown. Because she's so cool. 

3 hours ago, Lizzing said:

So Bethenny couldn't tolerate Ramona's "infomercial" for her skin care line (which, by the looks of Ramona lately, I'd be willing to bet is pretty good) but Bethenny can be in one for Sonja's shoe line (which looked hardly worn and were probably as uncomfortable as the were ugly)?  B's sidling up to Sonja is so weird and a transparent bid for an ally

Sonja wasn't pushing her shoes during a holiday gift exchange. That's the difference. 

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I also like how she felt the need to slip it in there that she had met that prison-gym owner when she was meeting up with friends at midnight in Chinatown. Because she's so cool. 

What? She’s going to Chinatown? Wasn’t it last season when she mentioned that she had never been there? Sometimes I wonder if she isn’t just slow on the uptake. 

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny calling it a "cheater" brand doesn't make it so. 

As for what the others were saying to/about Bethenny's unavailability for filming, it's her JOB, it's what she gets paid for so do your job or quit.

Yeah, I am still wondering about that one. The Tipsy Girl logo looks nothing like the Skinny girl logo. There is no Barbie-like silhouette. And Beth has done such a good job promoting her brand that I really doubt anyone would purchase Tipsy Girl by accident, mistaking it for Skinny girl. 

Unless Beth just believes that no new brand should ever be allowed to use the word “girl.” Good luck with that. 

Should Skinny Pop popcorn go after Skinny girl popcorn? Beth’s logo is as similar to Skinny Pop as Tipsy Girl is to Skinny girl.  

• Love 4
(edited)
12 hours ago, Sai said:

She said both. I know there has been a lot of back-and-forth about this, but in my opinion, and with no disrespect to others who felt otherwise, Bethenny's behavior toward Jill regarding her loss was abhorrent. I am not a B hater because I mostly feel sorry for her and haven't ever really seen her display appropriate social skills in high-stress situations, and I don't give a shit about the gift bag comment, but you just don't insert yourself into someone's grief. When someone says "I'm all alone," they want your sympathy and reassurance, and as far as I know there are only a couple of responses most would find appropriate: "I'm so sorry; I know how much he meant to you," and "You will always have me, and I'm here for anything you need." The second wouldn't work in this particular case, but who couldn't come up with the first option? In what other situation could someone cry out to a friend in pain and appreciate that friend sobbing "MEEE TOOOO"? And then all the rest about how Bobby loved and defended HER...so awkward and sad that she can only appreciate and see a person for how they relate to her. 

Edited by RedInk
  • Love 18
13 hours ago, Suck It Trebek said:

It grossed me out that Carole lied down on that bench in the steam room! While I hope it gets cleaned daily, other people's junk has been all over that! Totally nasty.

and her junk added to it!

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Sonja wasn't pushing her shoes during a holiday gift exchange. That's the difference. 

Neither was Ramona. Someone asked Ramona why she was passing on the skincare gift and she replied it was because she has/was about to have her own line. There was no "pushing" of anything. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, noveltylibrary said:

13 hours ago, Suck It Trebek said:

It grossed me out that Carole lied down on that bench in the steam room! While I hope it gets cleaned daily, other people's junk has been all over that! Totally nasty.

and her junk added to it!

And let me just add that the fabulous hammam (Turkish Bath) did not have any steam on.  I just hope after the camera folks left that they actually got a steam.  I mean they walked around the hotel in their towels, so I hope there was a steam.

• Love 5
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:19 AM, BodhiGurl said:

Gift bags... back in the day Jill Z was all about the gift bags - with Zarin Fabrics splayed across the front. I think Bethenny's gift bag comment was a throw back to that. I think she was awkward and nervous and blurted out things most folks wouldn't think of saying at a funeral. And if it is true that this is the first time she's really seen or talked to Jill since their falling out many moons ago - no wonder she was a babbling mess - she had no clue what to say and went to her comfort zone, IMO. Not saying what she said was ok - but it wasn't THAT horrible and I think she was attempting to make Jill feel better with the "I'm alone too" comment, not meaning it literally. Her retelling the story of her taking Bryn over to Jill's, and Jill meeting her for the very first time wasn't that horrible either IMO - as a viewer I want to know this detail, after all, BF was pregnant with Bryn when her and Jill ended. I thought it was touching. It also alludes to a reconciliation. I think she was really hurt by Jill turning on her and couldn't get beyond that resentment to visit Bobby. Not to mention having her own life. I'm guessing Bobby's actual death smacked her in the head and all the past positive memories came flooding in. And she felt horrible. The private plane comment - it's a show about wealthy (well, except for Sonja - lol) New Yorkers - mentioning the PP shouldn't be that surprising. It demonstrates her urgency to get back. At least she didn't mention the "fortune of money" spent on acquiring said private plane ala Jill back in the day. It's obvious BF doesn't always think before she speaks. All in all I was honestly touched by seeing Jill and Bethenny back together, and I loathed Jill for YEARS after BF left the show. (not just because of what she did to BF, she was awful to Alex as well and all around unlikeable near the end of her time with RHONY). I now could see Jill coming back to the show, with the storyline being, her widowed life, and reconciling with Bethenny - if BF chooses to stick with the show (I doubt she's done anything to the powers that be to cause her to be booted, so I'm guessing it's on BF if she returns or not).

Ok - enough about BF. Tins and Carole are "just a couple o' girls trying to make it through life" - or... a couple of mentally 16yr olds trapped in 40+ bodies... I did like seeing Carole's home finally - ten episodes in. And I liked seeing one of the cats. Although the eating popcorn while on the phone was goofy - overall I enjoyed that sequence as it harkened back to her earlier seasons and times when I actually didn't mind her at all. Wish she'd stop chewing on the anti-Bethenny bone. As well as the anti-Luann bone. If she has something going on in her life besides THE MARATHON and on again off again Adam, it would be nice to see some of that. I still don't know what Luann did to Tinsley to cause Tins to be so snarky. Tho I realize it's her backing up her show BFF Carole.

This - totally agree.

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:23 AM, Duke2801 said:

OK I am glad I am not the only one whose mind went to Scott relocating to "1 Yemen Road" - classic!

Tinsley was reminding me of the episode of Friends, when Rachel was trying to get Joshua to marry her since Ross had just gotten engaged to Emily, but he said no. Later in the episode all the girls were hanging out in the apartment wearing wedding dresses just for fun. There was someone at the door and Rachel thought it would be funny to answer the door in the wedding dress and it ended up being Joshua and he freaked out and ran away.

• Love 9