Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Faux Weddings and a Funeral

• Start Topic

(edited)

I had no problem with Carole's relationship with Adam.     However that relationship ended.  They weren't "together" as a couple anymore but he did drop by for "coffee" every morning.    If Carole wants to share the fact that she's being used for sex that's not my problem either.  That's on her but if I had that  kind of arrangement, I wouldn't brag about it.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5

I know it’s past being snarked about but it still grinds me how Carole never misses a chance to say she “ran” a marathon. She says this in her latest blog “Had I understood that in my 20s, I could have been running the world instead of just a marathon”.  Come on, Skeletor, you didn’t “run” the NYC marathon...you WALKED it sprinkled with a few minutes of running-walk. And to say “just a marathon” with her deplorable time of almost 7 hours just demeans those that crush 26 miles in less than 4 hours. I am not a runner and never have been but she is so off in her own special world. Oh, and she could have been running the world in her 20’s? Highly doubtful since she’s shown herself to be a lazy, entitled, bitchy writer girl since she joined this show.  Time for Carole to leave the show, I’ll take Bethenny any day. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Chicosan said:

I know it’s past being snarked about but it still grinds me how Carole never misses a chance to say she “ran” a marathon. She says this in her latest blog “Had I understood that in my 20s, I could have been running the world instead of just a marathon”.  Come on, Skeletor, you didn’t “run” the NYC marathon...you WALKED it sprinkled with a few minutes of running-walk. And to say “just a marathon” with her deplorable time of almost 7 hours just demeans those that crush 26 miles in less than 4 hours. I am not a runner and never have been but she is so off in her own special world. Oh, and she could have been running the world in her 20’s? Highly doubtful since she’s shown herself to be a lazy, entitled, bitchy writer girl since she joined this show.  Time for Carole to leave the show, I’ll take Bethenny any day. 

I agree with this exaggeration, just the same as Bethanny singlehandedly saved PR and Guatamala. She was the first and only one there to save the people.

They all build up their accomplishments.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I had no problem with Carole's relationship with Adam.     However that relationship ended.  They weren't "together" as a couple anymore but he did drop by for "coffee" every morning.    If Carole wants to share the fact that she's being used for sex that's not my problem either.  That's on her but if I had thT kind of arrangement, I wouldn't brag about it.

Why is it that it is assumed that Adam "used" Carole for sex and not the other way around or that they both still had feelings for each other but not deep, couple love feelings? He was coming over for coffee hook ups until he told her he met someone he liked, then it stopped. 

• Love 15

Why is it that it is assumed that Adam "used" Carole for sex and not the other way around or that they both still had feelings for each other but not deep, couple love feelings?

Well, I will only speak for myself. I don't think Adam *used* Carole for sex but I do think he was possibly more interested in her connections and money than forming a committed relationship. I think Carole, judging by her increasingly silly reactions, was much more into Adam than he ever was into her.

I don't think this was an especially deep relationship on Adam's side. 

• Love 9

I have come to the conclusion that no matter what Carole's or Bethenny's egregious behaviours/actions are, they will be offensive/justifiable according to opinions of the audience.  It really doesn't matter except to increase ratings. 

Bravo.

• Love 1

I’m just wondering when the season is over, do they all just go their separate ways or do some of them hang out together.  Which ones remain friends and which ones don’t communicate?  Was this season all for show or what?  Maybe we’ll  just have to read page 6 in the Post.  Or, maybe the reunion will be telling.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Well, I will only speak for myself. I don't think Adam *used* Carole for sex but I do think he was possibly more interested in her connections and money than forming a committed relationship. I think Carole, judging by her increasingly silly reactions, was much more into Adam than he ever was into her.

I don't think this was an especially deep relationship on Adam's side. 

I don't think he used her for her connections/money, I think he liked her personality. She can be an easy free spirit and I think that was attractive to him but the fact that he wanted his own child kept him from committing to the relationship and Carole knew this going in. I do think she fell for him though but he always knew he would walk away.

2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I’m just wondering when the season is over, do they all just go their separate ways or do some of them hang out together.  Which ones remain friends and which ones don’t communicate?  Was this season all for show or what?  Maybe we’ll  just have to read page 6 in the Post.  Or, maybe the reunion will be telling.

Well, some use to get together during to off season but not so much now. Bethenny/Carole were often together after filming ended but that's not going to happen this year! Other wise, they all seem to go their own ways when the cameras are gone unlike some relationships in the past or on other HW shows. 

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Why is it that it is assumed that Adam "used" Carole for sex and not the other way around or that they both still had feelings for each other but not deep, couple love feelings? He was coming over for coffee hook ups until he told her he met someone he liked, then it stopped. 

You're right!   I should have considered their physical appearance before making that comment.    Carole is definitely not a looker and she doesn't have a good body either.   

I don't buy the couple love feelings were mutual.   Carole probably loves him but Adam wasn't nearly as vested in that relationship.  He got free rent/vacations, access to Carole's connections and exposure on national TV.  

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, AnnA said:

You're right!   I should have considered their physical appearance before making that comment.    Carole is definitely not a looker and she doesn't have a good body either.   

I don't buy the couple love feelings were mutual.   Carole probably loves him but Adam wasn't nearly as vested in that relationship.  He got free rent/vacations, access to Carole's connections and exposure on national TV.  

IMO, there are tons of easy free spirited younger women down in the village and more attractive than Carole.  But then, maybe he wouldn’t have been on t.v. Which was a biggie for his business of being a vegan chef or whatever he was.  And, free coffee.  What’s better than that?  

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Adam had little exposure on the show, there were only a few, 2 or 3, episodes that showed him cooking, that's it. So, nothing that would help him IMO. As for the "free" vacations, I doubt that would be enough to keep a young guy hooking up with someone he didn't really care for or have real feelings about. And what "connections" did he get from Carole or is it that some are assuming he did? No one, including Bethenny has said that Carole helped get him jobs or gave him anything. LOL

As for Carole's "physical appearance", some prefer someone that is interesting, fun, intelligent more than someone with just a pretty face/good body. Some realize that looks fade but the mind/personality make the person beautiful beyond words. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

Adam had little exposure on the show, there were only a few, 2 or 3, episodes that showed him cooking, that's it. So, nothing that would help him IMO. As for the "free" vacations, I doubt that would be enough to keep a young guy hooking up with someone he didn't really care for or have real feelings about. And what "connections" did he get from Carole or is it that some are assuming he did? No one, including Bethenny has said that Carole helped get him jobs or gave him anything. LOL

As for Carole's "physical appearance", some prefer someone that is interesting, fun, intelligent more than someone with just a pretty face/good body. Some realize that looks fade but the mind/personality make the person beautiful beyond words. 

Carole has a publisher and was going to get his cookbook published.  

As for Carole's personality and being "fun" - we must have been watching two different tv shows. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, AnnA said:

As for Carole's personality and being "fun" - we must have been watching two different tv shows. 

No, Carole was writing a cookbook with him but never finished it, he didn't have his own book! LOL

Who knows what she is like without cameras, she has lots of friends IRL, so there must be something that keeps her friends close to her.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, AnnA said:

0MG .. You are on a roll tonight.  Better join Luann on the stage.  You can do half comedy and half duet with the Countless. LOL.

• Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

No, Carole was writing a cookbook with him but never finished it, he didn't have his own book! LOL

Who knows what she is like without cameras, she has lots of friends IRL, so there must be something that keeps her friends close to her.

Carole doesn't cook!

IIRC Carole's role was to add fluff to his recipes making it into a cookbook with a story. 

I can only comment on what I see and I see Carole as a mean and nasty snob.  

6 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

0MG .. You are on a roll tonight.  Better join Luann on the stage.  You can do half comedy and half duet with the Countless. LOL.

LOL I can't sing - people would probably pay me NOT to sing LOL

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5
On 6/14/2018 at 12:30 AM, Rahul said:

Watching Tinsley and her mother bawl at the sight of her unfertilized eggs while dressed in a designer wedding gown for no apparent reason was bonkers. I probably shouldn't be laughing at two women who seem to have more than a screw or two loose but I couldn't help but erupt into uproarious laughter during that scene. 

Did I mishear or did Tinsley say she wanted to frame that picture of her ovarian fruit and gaze upon it daily?

She cray. She real cray.

I'm totally surprised they didn't name them!

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Carole's actual (non-show) friends seem to think she's fun. And from watching the show, I can see why they would--she's chill for the most part until someone does something that would screw with her reputation (e.g., calling her a pedophile, saying her best-seller was ghostwritten).

• Love 9
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

appearances are still important to these families which is why their indiscretions are not broadcast on national tv.   

It’s 2018 I doubt anyone especially Lee Radziwill views two single adults have consensual sex an indiscretion.

• Love 14
(edited)
1 minute ago, Mozelle said:

Carole's actual (non-show) friends seem to think she's fun. And from watching the show, I can see why they would--she's chill for the most part until someone does something that would screw with her reputation (e.g., calling her a pedophile, saying her best-seller was ghostwritten).

I haven't noticed it yet but I'll keep looking.   

1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

It’s 2018 I doubt anyone especially Lee Radziwill views two single adults have consensual sex an indiscretion.

I didn't say it was

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, AnnA said:

The Radziwills and the Kennedys must be so proud that Carole was having  "coffee" with Adam every morning and talking about it on national television and social media.  

Your first post said this so it seemed that the two were connected since why would they care about anyone else on the show.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Your first post said this so it seemed that the two were connected since why would they care about anyone else on the show.

The various Kennedy scandals became the topic of discussion and I said that they [the Kennedys] did not advertise them on national tv. 

Yikes.  This conversation has gone off the rails as far as I'm concerned.  Carole dating a man twenty years her junior is not a 'scandal'.  Carole is also not a Kennedy.  She has made this very clear.  How many Radziwills are there out there to be offended by Carole?  Lee?  She and Carole are on friendly terms.  Just not seeing any of this.

On another note....I do think Carole was an interesting addition to the show.  She did marry a Radziwill.  Her husband and she were close to JFK Jr. and his wife.  She was involved the night they died.  She was there for the funeral which consisted of a small group of guests.  She did work for a major network's news department and did travel to interesting places.  Bottom line...she's had an interesting life. 

I think that Carole just lost her vibe after Anthony died.  She did write the book but then she just didn't have any ambition.  It's kind of sad.  I think she kind of lost herself and chose to live in this CB life with no pressure.  And it works for her.  I don't think Carole is ugly.  I think she can be quite attractive and she has a very nice figure...maybe a tad too thin.  She looks great for her age.

Is she a mean girl?  At times.  They pretty much all have had their moments. 

Is she a great addition to the show?  At first, I thought she would be given her history.  Now, not so much.  I don't hate her but she lives her life in a bubble.   Well, ok, they all seem to live their lives in bubbles.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I don't think that the Bouviers or the Kennedys are in any position to be scandalized by Carole. The skeletons in their collective closets are much more shocking than a woman having a relationship with a man 20 years younger. If the Bouvier or Kennedy scandals had occurred in this day and age with current social media (murder,  illicit affairs, etc. ) it would have been much worse for them. I can easily imagine a few women coming out of the woodwork with stories that would have made the Kennedy clan much more embarrassed than Adam's or Carole's families.

Amen to this.  However, in those fucked up circles, it's probably more scandalous to be on Real Housewives than do half the shit the Kennedys have done.  That's truly the shame.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

The various Kennedy scandals became the topic of discussion and I said that they [the Kennedys] did not advertise them on national tv. 

Pretty sure Marilyn Monroe (sewn into a see through dress and all but licking the microphone) singing "Happy burthhhhdaaay, to youuuuuuuuu"  to JFK (in Madison Square Garden, thousands in attendance) was not the height of hiding one's indiscretions from the world ; ) 

As a political/historical force, the Kennedys did much good, but their private behavior is a different story, imo -- between a perverse lobotomy performed on a healthy young woman,  an alleged rapist, and a horrific drowning, Carole grinning while talking about her morning serving of Starfucks looks downright Downton in comparison, and (as much as I dislike Carole Radziwill) her enjoying consensual sex with a younger man (and not slut-shaming herself for doing so) is not something I find indiscreet, awful, or worthy of Kennedy condemnation (should they even presume to do so, given their own very public scandals).

• Love 18
(edited)
12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

People also need to remember that Lee was kind of the worst. She cheated on her first husband with Tony's father. She cheated on Tony's father. She cheated on him with JFK. She was an alcoholic who abandoned her children at various times. In the days following JFK's death, Lee had the temerity to call Jackie self-absorbed because Jackie never asked how Lee was doing. Jackie slapped Lee.

Carole's consensual sexual relationship with a younger man pales in comparison to the shit Lee has pulled. Also Carole and Adam's relationship is nothing for her to be embarrassed or ashamed about. It's perfectly acceptable behavior.

FYI, in the recently released documentary, That Summer (early footage of what would become Grey Gardens), Little Edie implies that she had a sexual relationship with Jack Bouvier, Jackie and Lee's father. Little Edie's uncle. That, to put things in perspective, is actually scandalous.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 17
On 6/14/2018 at 4:26 PM, KungFuBunny said:

As for Carole's pants - I think she pulled them from the Punky Brewster collection

Punky-Brewster-punky-brewster-597358_327

You just made me see those horrible jeans in a whole new light... and now I want them.

Ok, not really, but this is great Halloween inspo (Punky forever!).

• Love 4
5 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Yikes.  This conversation has gone off the rails as far as I'm concerned.  Carole dating a man twenty years her junior is not a 'scandal'.  Carole is also not a Kennedy.  She has made this very clear.  How many Radziwills are there out there to be offended by Carole?  Lee?  She and Carole are on friendly terms.  Just not seeing any of this.

Affirmative.

• Love 8
On 6/14/2018 at 8:49 PM, WireWrap said:

Oh, and many here joked about the dress Luann was wearing when she was arrested, heck, it is the same dress Bethenny made fun of at Sonja's party last season.

They actually aren’t the same dress- shocking, I know.  Mostly because I can’t believe she has two dresses bearing similar aesthetic traits still hanging around in her closet!

0112F0FC-8754-48F2-B743-18EFAF413BA5.jpeg

A0CAD9DB-0FDC-4188-ABA6-EE6103FEC670.jpeg

• Love 13
(edited)
6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

People also need to remember that Lee was kind of the worst. She cheated on her first husband with Tony's father. She cheated on Tony's father. She cheated on him with JFK. She was an alcoholic who abandoned her children at various times. In the days following JFK's death, Lee had the temerity to call Jackie self-absorbed because Jackie never asked how Lee was doing. Jackie slapped Lee.

Carole's consensual sexual relationship with a younger man pales in comparison to the shit Lee has pulled. Also Carole and Adam's relationship is nothing for her to be embarrassed or ashamed about. It's perfectly acceptable behavior.

9 hours ago, breezy424 said:

On another note....I do think Carole was an interesting addition to the show.  She did marry a Radziwill.  Her husband and she were close to JFK Jr. and his wife.  She was involved the night they died.  She was there for the funeral which consisted of a small group of guests.  She did work for a major network's news department and did travel to interesting places.  Bottom line...she's had an interesting life. 

I think that Carole just lost her vibe after Anthony died.  She did write the book but then she just didn't have any ambition.  It's kind of sad.  I think she kind of lost herself and chose to live in this CB life with no pressure.  And it works for her.  I don't think Carole is ugly.  I think she can be quite attractive and she has a very nice figure...maybe a tad too thin.  She looks great for her age.

Is she a mean girl?  At times.  They pretty much all have had their moments. 

Is she a great addition to the show?  At first, I thought she would be given her history.  Now, not so much.  I don't hate her but she lives her life in a bubble.   Well, ok, they all seem to live their lives in bubbles.

Cliff notes version...

Regarding Carole; If/when discussed amongst the Kennedy/Radziwill  clans:

Glass houses & all that jazz.

Edited by artisto
3 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

They actually aren’t the same dress- shocking, I know.  Mostly because I can’t believe she has two dresses bearing similar aesthetic traits still hanging around in her closet!

This dress is so compelling to me, it is a relic. I have to know was this what she was wearing out partying at the Colony (I mean was it 1995 theme  night or something?)

and was arrested/booked/jailed in? Or did she choose this for court?

The elbow wrinkles, ratty ends eye bags and no make up, all of it. It's just crazy. 

• Love 5
On 6/13/2018 at 10:25 PM, twilightzone said:

Bethenny is "alone" because of divorce.  Whereas Jill lost her husband.  Not the same thing.

This is why Bethenny gets such a bad rap.  It was well known that Bobby had been sick for a long time.  Jill even had a charity in his name, where many of the HWs showed up to support.  No Bethenny.   The right time to have reached to Jill and be there for her - would been away from the cameras, no media.

Still in disbelief at this hog's behavior at Bobby's funeral. How does anyone look at a widow at her husband's funeral and screech/bark, "We're all alone! I'm alone, too!" And gift bags?? You are not funny. You're lame, out-of-date, inappropriate, and classless trash. Shameful.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, StevieRocks said:

Still in disbelief at this hog's behavior at Bobby's funeral. How does anyone look at a widow at her husband's funeral and screech/bark, "We're all alone! I'm alone, too!" And gift bags?? You are not funny. You're lame, out-of-date, inappropriate, and classless trash. Shameful.

That NY competitiveness is on display even in death! What & when don't they compare and try to surpass each other? Jill would say, "well Bobby died horribly due to cancer!" I could see Bethenny coming back with how her father died if relevant; (not sure since not a serious watcher for that long)! That's how these people roll; why are we surprised? Bethenny gets a bad rap because she fuels it with her own petulance! Everything's attacked in degrees and rated! I'm a lot like that, but I try not to inflict myself on people like Bethenny! I try to stay home and keep to myself, but some must want to be punished and I deliver just like her! lol! ;-)

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm "in disbelief" too because Bethenny did NOT screech or bark.   

The gift bag remark was a joke for Jill, the Queen of Gift Bags who actually thought and remarked that it was funny.    

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 11

The gift bag remark was a joke for Jill, the Queen of Gift Bags who actually thought and remarked that it was funny.  

And we also go back to the notion that sometimes people say or do awkward things at funerals.

Case in point - so we were burying my unclein a cemetary that was next to a horse pasture. There's horses. As the preacher was regaling us with how Uncle led a pious respectful life, a horse comes up to fence, turns around, and takes a big giant crap, complete with horse farts. At which point one of my other uncles laughs and says "that horse is saying what we're all thinking".

Now this was hardly a charming moment for dead uncle's family but yes, we all collapsed into laughter.

The gift bag thing was funny because Jill IS the Queen of Gift Bags, and Jill and Bobby's family are really the only ones who have any right to be annoyed with Bethenny... if they even are. 

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

That NY competitiveness is on display even in death! What & when don't they compare and try to surpass each other? Jill would say, "well Bobby died horribly due to cancer!" I could see Bethenny coming back with how her father died if relevant; (not sure since not a serious watcher for that long)! That's how these people roll; why are we surprised? Bethenny gets a bad rap because she fuels it with her own petulance! Everything's attacked in degrees and rated! I'm a lot like that, but I try not to inflict myself on people like Bethenny! I try to stay home and keep to myself, but some must want to be punished and I deliver just like her! lol! ;-)

I think the competitiveness is a HW trait and not exclusive to New York.   These women have to bring it in order to keep their apple, orange, diamond,  etc.   Some just do a better job than others.    

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

So what’s so bad about this blue dress?  Florals are back.  Besides with her figure, she could wear just about anything and still look good.  Besides, she had a hard night .. she wasn’t thinking about making a fashion statement.  She was hung over and frightened.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Of course you're "in disbelief" because Bethenny did NOT screech or bark.   

It’s hard to go to a funeral.  You don’t know what the hell to say.  Bethenny said that out of nervousness.  Jill knows that.

• Love 6
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

So what’s so bad about this blue dress?  Florals are back.  Besides with her figure, she could wear just about anything and still look good.

You're right.   The stores have lots of florals in stock.   The flowers on the blue dress are a bit big for my taste.  I like the other dress better but both of them are perfect for travel. They don't take up much space in a suitcase and hanging them easily gets out any wrinkles.   

8 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

It’s hard to go to a funeral.  You don’t know what the hell to say.  Bethenny said that out of nervousness.  Jill knows that.

It's also common practice and comforting to let the grieving know that another person shares their feelings.  That's why an "I'm alone too" or a "me too" is not unusual or out of place.   

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, AnnA said:

You're right.   The stores have lots of florals in stock.   The flowers on the blue dress are a bit big for my taste.  I like the other dress better but both of them are perfect for travel. They don't take up much space in a suitcase and hanging them easily gets out any wrinkles.   

It's also common practice and comforting to let the grieving know that they're not alone.  That's why an "I'm alone too" or a "me too" is not unusual or out of place.   

I never got into the habit of going to funerals! Attended one as a child in tow with my grandmother and 2 dads over the years; that's it! I don't even do wakes since I'm tongue tied and really can't feel their pain! My thinking is "when ya gotta go, ya gotta go!" I've never been emotional about death and I just can't relate; esp. if the person is 80 or had a terminal illness! We need to become more evolved and stop wasting so much time, energy, & money on this BS; it's a true racket! When my mother goes, I "pity the fool" funeral director trying to "work me!" He will get cussed out! ;-)

• Love 5

Yes! Funerals: awkward! You're always hyper aware of the things you say, only to find yourself TOTALLY sticking your foot in your mouth.  I say Bethenny gets a pass. 

I see nothing really wrong with the dress, I might wear it (hides head), it just doesn't look like Luann. It doesn't say New York.  Does it say Palm Beach? I don't know. Carole certainly was cruel for talking about it though. Talk about kicking a girl when she's down!

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, zenme said:

Yes! Funerals: awkward! You're always hyper aware of the things you say, only to find yourself TOTALLY sticking your foot in your mouth.  I say Bethenny gets a pass. 

I see nothing really wrong with the dress, I might wear it (hides head), it just doesn't look like Luann. It doesn't say New York.  Does it say Palm Beach? I don't know. Carole certainly was cruel for talking about it though. Talk about kicking a girl when she's down!

It's so hard to have ANY sympathy for LuAnne since she brings out the worst in people with the way she goes on and on about how worldly she is and how much she's done! She may not use the title Countess, but she's certainly still acting like it! Ignoring all that, the way she was fawning over marrying TOM was embarrassing! This b!tch is 50+, but was behaving like a schoolgirl betrothed to some hot fiancee! This guy was a bald dog who the girls were warning her before the wedding what a sleaze he has been and continues to be! Like Carole, I would've washed my hands of it as well! Carole didn't warn her, so why should she commiserate with LuAnne now after the separation? They aren't friends and on top of that Lu went out of her way over the years to be so catty concerning Carole calling her a pedophile and cradle robber when she fks young guys herself! I got nothing for the women! She made her bed, she can lie in it ALONE! ;-(

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, zenme said:

Yeah, no kidding.  She's a lot like Bethenny actually -- her desire to get that "clever" quip out always seems to win out.  Considering she's an actual co-worker of Lu's (and not just someone posting snark on a tv snark forum), the "the real crime was that dress" remark (among other things) made her look , at the very least, insensitive, imo. She's taken a different tone in her blog this week, so perhaps she regrets having said it.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, Jel said:

Yeah, no kidding.  She's a lot like Bethenny actually -- her desire to get that "clever" quip out always seems to win out.  Considering she's an actual co-worker of Lu's (and not just someone posting snark on a tv snark forum), the "the real crime was that dress" remark (among other things) made her look , at the very least, insensitive, imo. She's taken a different tone in her blog this week, so perhaps she regrets having said it.

Someone posted that Carole got slammed by HW fans on Twitter for her nasty remarks about LuAnn.   That's probably why she softened the tone of her blog this week. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Someone posted that Carole got slammed by HW fans on Twitter for her nasty remarks about LuAnn.   That's probably why she softened the tone of her blog this week. 

IDK why Carole doesn't just ignore Lu? It makes no sense to beat up on her even if she deserves it after a while! It becomes punitive and it lowers people's opinion of her! ;-)

• Love 3
(edited)
45 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

IDK why Carole doesn't just ignore Lu? It makes no sense to beat up on her even if she deserves it after a while! It becomes punitive and it lowers people's opinion of her! ;-)

Right now it might be because Carole has nothing else to say.   If the Cosmo writing deal had worked out for her, I think we would have heard about it by now.    What else has she got?   I was flipping the channels today and came across RHONY but kept on flipping because it was one of the scenes with Carole chewing with her mouth open.  That totally grosses me out. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

This dress is so compelling to me, it is a relic. I have to know was this what she was wearing out partying at the Colony (I mean was it 1995 theme  night or something?)

and was arrested/booked/jailed in? Or did she choose this for court?

The elbow wrinkles, ratty ends eye bags and no make up, all of it. It's just crazy. 

I know! Both dresses transport me back to the 1990s (which are “in” again now, so maybe that’s the thought?). I only wish they were baby doll floral dresses- I had so many of those in high school. My Mom is a “saver” (nicer way of saying “packrat”) and she will often mention how she can send me my old dresses (including my prom dress from 1998) and my Abercrombie & Fitch sweaters. I’ve always tried to encourage her to donate them, but maybe I’ve been too hasty. 

Also, I want to know the answers to all your questions, Alonzo. The whole talk of the dress being “soiled” makes me think she was partying in it the night before, but I don’t know.

P.S.- While I’m happy to snark on Luann’s dresses here, I do agree with others who pointed out how distasteful Carole’s comments were. I used to like her (mostly because I loved her book), but she has been upping the mean girl behavior and it is wearing thin.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

I know! Both dresses transport me back to the 1990s (which are “in” again now, so maybe that’s the thought?). I only wish they were baby doll floral dresses- I had so many of those in high school. My Mom is a “saver” (nicer way of saying “packrat”) and she will often mention how she can send me my old dresses (including my prom dress from 1998) and my Abercrombie & Fitch sweaters. I’ve always tried to encourage her to donate them, but maybe I’ve been too hasty. 

Also, I want to know the answers to all your questions, Alonzo. The whole talk of the dress being “soiled” makes me think she was partying in it the night before, but I don’t know.

P.S.- While I’m happy to snark on Luann’s dresses here, I do agree with others who pointed out how distasteful Carole’s comments were. I used to like her (mostly because I loved her book), but she has been upping the mean girl behavior and it is wearing thin.

I wonder if Lu suffers fron excessive butt crack sweat, like Kathy Griffin. Her pajama bottoms also looked “soiled” when she woke up in the Berkshires sailfish/shark bedroom. 

I liked the shot of Luann picking her nose. (I know she wasn't but just an unfortunately photo angle.)  I am among the ones who liked her dress. What I think is wrong with it is that it's not the best color choice for Luann, whether she's disheveled from a night in the slammer or, as they used to say, "just stepped out of a band box."  I think it's the pale yellow flowers. Unless you're under 1 year old, that's a very difficult color to wear.

I do some writing myself and Carole could be one of those people who writes their best when they are right up to the wire.  TBH, I don't think it would be that difficult to crank out a piece on self-esteem for the "Cosmo" audience.  In other words, I don't think Carole is going to have to do a lot of in-depth research, interview psychologists, etc., to craft the article.  However, any writer with an ounce of pride and hopes for future offers, will make an effort to produce the best work possible. I am getting the impression that Carole is hoping to glide through the assignment on her "famous name" and publishing history, however skimpy that might be. 

The jailyard workout was just strange and was mean-spirited. (It actually seemed like a RHoBH type move.) I have my doubts that Carole just happened to randomly meet the gym owner in Chinatown. I remember a recent episode where she said she'd never been to Chinatown and suddenly, she's hanging out there at all hours of the night. I would not be surprised if she did some Googling for "prison-related" activities or humor and came upon that business.  At least she didn't hire Doug Wilson from "Trading Spaces," to go redecorate the bedroom in Luann's new penthouse with bars and two toilets supporting a hard wooden sitting bench. 

I have never seen a full episode with Jill,* so can't comment on how she might have been feeling. I agree with both sides of the Bethenney argument. I think part of what she said was just nervous diarrhea of the mouth, especially if she hadn't seen Jill in six years. OTOH, she seized the opportunity to make it about herself, especially the solo gloating over how Bobby "proved her right," from his cold dead mouth to Bravo's God's ear. I dunno. The widow's weeds were a bit much.

I can't add anything more to what has been already stated about Tinsley and her mother. Poor Scott.  I have bad feelings about that relationship and don't see it lasting a lot longer, or it it does, it will be a FWB situation (at least on his end.) I do not see those two walking down the aisle. 

I still do not understand where Sonja got the money to refurbish her townhouse. 

*I have seen enough of her to know that I would not like to see her return full-time, especially in the same room with Bethenney, Ramona and mean-drunk Dorinda.

• Love 5

I liked the shot of Luann picking her nose. (I know she wasn't but just an unfortunately photo angle.)  I am among the ones who liked her dress. What I think is wrong with it is that it's not the best color choice for Luann, whether she's disheveled from a night in the slammer or, as they used to say, "just stepped out of a band box."  I think it's the pale yellow flowers. Unless you're under 1 year old, that's a very difficult color to wear.

I do some writing myself and Carole could be one of those people who writes their best when they are right up to the wire.  TBH, I don't think it would be that difficult to crank out a piece on self-esteem for the "Cosmo" audience.  In other words, I don't think Carole is going to have to do a lot of in-depth research, interview psychologists, etc., to craft the article.  However, any writer with an ounce of pride and hopes for future offers, will make an effort to produce the best work possible. I am getting the impression that Carole is hoping to glide through the assignment on her "famous name" and publishing history, however skimpy that might be. 

The jailyard workout was just strange and was mean-spirited. (It actually seemed like a RHoBH type move.) I have my doubts that Carole just happened to randomly meet the gym owner in Chinatown. I remember a recent episode where she said she'd never been to Chinatown and suddenly, she's hanging out there at all hours of the night. I would not be surprised if she did some Googling for "prison-related" activities or humor and came upon that business.  At least she didn't hire Doug Wilson from "Trading Spaces," to go redecorate the bedroom in Luann's new penthouse with bars and two toilets supporting a hard wooden sitting bench. 

I have never seen a full episode with Jill,* so can't comment on how she might have been feeling. I agree with both sides of the Bethenney argument. I think part of what she said was just nervous diarrhea of the mouth, especially if she hadn't seen Jill in six years. OTOH, she seized the opportunity to make it about herself, especially the solo gloating over how Bobby "proved her right," from his cold dead mouth to Bravo's God's ear. I dunno. The widow's weeds were a bit much.

I can't add anything more to what has been already stated about Tinsley and her mother. Poor Scott.  I have bad feelings about that relationship and don't see it lasting a lot longer, or it it does, it will be a FWB situation (at least on his end.) I do not see those two walking down the aisle. 

I still do not understand where Sonja got the money to refurbish her townhouse. 

*I have seen enough of her to know that I would not like to see her return full-time, especially in the same room with Bethenney, Ramona and mean-drunk Dorinda.