Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

On 9/8/2019 at 10:48 PM, PikaScrewChu said:

I'd have to find it again but apparently so. What a way to pit your kids against each other for an inheritance, by encouraging to reproduce like rabbits.

I wouldn't even try if I were a Duggar (shudder!) - I bet Boob an MEchelle come with the TTH.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I wouldn't even try if I were a Duggar (shudder!) - I bet Boob an MEchelle come with the TTH.  

Yep. There's a deal breaker all right. 

On the other hand, if they throw in a couple of really broken down office chairs ... 

• LOL 12
On 9/14/2019 at 1:51 PM, ginger90 said:

The helper......

1B44B015-A5F5-492C-9459-2FCACA817DF0.jpeg

Jill always looks like she is wearing weeks old eyeliner.  Maybe that chore is done every other week.

On 9/14/2019 at 2:51 PM, doodlebug said:

In looking at this photo shoot, I realized there is something I hate even worse than the crotch clutching; the making of heart hands over the pubis.  

If Madi Nicole is such a great photographer, you'd think she would've told Joe to take the crapola out of his pocket before she took the photos.  Looks awful

ME TOO!  

• Love 5
On 9/21/2019 at 3:18 PM, cmr2014 said:

I think that Jill always looks dirty -- she's looked better recently, but I just don't think bathing is a regular habit for her. I think she probably bathes every few days and washes her hair every couple of months (#boymom 🙂 hahaha). Both she and Jessa appear to do laundry occasionally without ever looking like they're wearing clean clothes. I doubt very seriously that Jill has a nightly routine of washing her face and removing her makeup (#boymom 🙂 lol), so you're probably right about the eyeliner.

Kendra, on the other hand, always looks clean to me -- and Garret and Joe look clean, fed, and happy, too. It's not the lifestyle I'd choose, but for someone who does, Kendra appears to be competent at the job.

Joe looks cleaner than he did when he lived at home. I agree, I despise the lifestyle but Kendra is competent at it. 

• Love 14

Christina is totally pregnant. It's strange she got pregnant soon after Kendra's 2nd pregnancy, since all her kids are usually spaced out around 2 to 3 years. Her last baby was born last December, so this would mean she was pregnant again abouth 6 months later. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

The fact that your kid is older than your youngest sibling isn't really brag worthy.

That is something that used to happen a lot more before the pill was invented and women started going to college.  I have a great-aunt who is younger than my aunt.  My best friend's dad is the same age as 2 of her cousins--Grandma and 2 of her daughters were all pregnant at the same time.  

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

That is something that used to happen a lot more before the pill was invented and women started going to college.  I have a great-aunt who is younger than my aunt.  My best friend's dad is the same age as 2 of her cousins--Grandma and 2 of her daughters were all pregnant at the same time.  

One of my best friends from grade school was the youngest of 8.  Her nephew was in our class and another nephew was 2 years older.  Her eldest sister was in her early 20's when my friend was born.  She generally found it embarrassing when people brought it up.  Her nephews did not call her 'Aunt So and So', BTW, except to tease her.

Kendra just doesn't realize that having a mother who is still having kids at the same time you are is not a special accomplishment.   It means that there are probably two generations of women in the family who started having babies way too young.

• Love 15

I sort of remember Kendra's mom being pregnant while they were all visiting the ocean together.  She looked miserable and could barely walk, even though she wasn't huge yet.  Kendra mentioned that her mom had terrible pregnancies with complications and lots of pain in her joints.  It's these quiverful people that upset me the most.  They don't know when to stop when the mother's own health is not good.

If Kendra's mom could help Kendra and Joe to change their views on quiverful, that would be a good thing.  But as long as pregnancy agrees with Kendra, she will keep on procreating rapidly, I imagine.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, louannems said:

It's these quiverful people that upset me the most.  They don't know when to stop when the mother's own health is not good.

If Kendra's mom could help Kendra and Joe to change their views on quiverful, that would be a good thing.

Her mom dying in childbirth would be an awful object lesson. Do these people really think that God expects them to die in obedience to his supposed rule of being fruitful and multiplying? I hate that this religion requires its followers to check their brains at the door.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

Her mom dying in childbirth would be an awful object lesson. Do these people really think that God expects them to die in obedience to his supposed rule of being fruitful and multiplying? I hate that this religion requires its followers to check their brains at the door.

Bravo!  Love this post.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

Her mom dying in childbirth would be an awful object lesson.

No she would be a Blessed Martyr who has claimed her Crown in Heaven...Placed on her Angel head by the Virgin Mary herself while little cherub Asa flutters around. 

• LOL 3

I generally love how Kendra dresses but the "modesty" slip here is really unnecessary. Nothing is in danger of showing and this dress is not close to being short. So silly to add that slip which actually draws attention to where the dress is hitting her. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Joe looks happy. Regular meals and sleeping in a bed with sheets and is probably wearing pajamas.  And SEX!!!

🤣🤣🤣

That's the best I've seen Joe look, I think. He really does look happy. I suspect he and Kendra have one of the happier marriages in this crowd. 

• Love 18
21 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Joe's hair looks so much better.

Someone tell Kendra's mom that its not a race with your daughter to see how many kids you can have.

He probably has a much healthier diet with Kendra than he did at home. 

I agree, all this baby making race is sad. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Zella said:

That's the best I've seen Joe look, I think. He really does look happy. I suspect he and Kendra have one of the happier marriages in this crowd. 

I agree. Joe used to have a bit of a paunch, but it looks like he's lost weight and gotten into better shape. It's interesting how he and Jinger seem to prefer the company of their in-laws, and they're also the two Duggars to have the biggest glow-ups post-marriage. The other siblings need to take note.

• Love 21

What is the purpose of an easily found amazon registry?  So the general public can send them gifts?  If it was for close family and friends, would it be so easy to look up?  Aren’t there privacy settings, or do they really want ‘fans’ buying them presents?  

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, awaken said:

What is the purpose of an easily found amazon registry?  So the general public can send them gifts?  If it was for close family and friends, would it be so easy to look up?  Aren’t there privacy settings, or do they really want ‘fans’ buying them presents?  

They probably get quite a few fans asking if they can send them gifts. It's safer to use an Amazon gift registry or wish list that allows the gift to be sent w/o giving out their home address to strangers or opening boxes with unknown contents.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, queenanne said:

Dig that Garrett's pudgy little tummy... he looks so adorably stout in that white tee shirt

My granddaughter is just about at the same stage, She's so not overweight, but at the same time so poised to take on anyone who dares to contradict her! LOL

• Love 1
On 10/9/2019 at 8:29 PM, Zella said:

Lets see how happy they are 10 kids down the road, all of the married ones actually. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Puffin said:

Lets see how happy they are 10 kids down the road, all of the married ones actually. 

For sure! But I do think they seem to actually like each other and enjoy each other's company--I wouldn't necessarily say that of all the marrieds. 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Puffin said:

You would think they would remember their childhood, especially the lack of parental attention and affection, and not want to recreate those issues for their own kids. All of them, except Jill, seem to be very into their children. Do they not understand that while love may multiply, time does not. There is no humanly way to give the same amount of attention to ten children that two or three children receive.

Edited by Nysha
Grammar - more grammar
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Nysha said:

You would think they would remember their childhood, especially the lack of parental attention and affection, and not want to recreate those issues for their own kids. All of them, except Jill, seem to be very into their children. Do they not understand that while love may multiply, time does not. There is no humanly way to give the same amount of attention to ten children that two or three children receive.

I don't think it's unusual for kids in the same family to have very different experiences. I think Joe may have bumped along just fine and not have any real issues with having a large family.

I don't think Josh wants a large family at all. He said as much, and he sure acts that way, but he has no power now, and he's just going to toe the party line.

I think Jill is in complete denial. I think she's terrified of any unhappiness she feels and just keeps pushing it away and insisting that she's HAPPY and wants a huge family just like MOTY.

I don't know about Jessa. She seems to like motherhood, but I think J'chelle did at first, too. I think she might be willing to stop having babies at some point if it becomes too much for her.

I don't think Jinger wants a large family, and I don't think she'll have one, either.

I think Joy is pretty shut down emotionally, and I don't think she looks back on life at the TTH with great fondness. I think she and Austin may drop out of the baby wars sooner than some of the others.

I think that Josiah is objectively miserable and I don't think he recalls his childhood with any fondness. He is, however, completely cowed by his parents at this point, and I don't think he sees himself as having any agency in making decisions for his own family.

Edited by cmr2014
it's toe, not tow
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I don't think it's unusual for kids in the same family to have very different experiences. I think Joe may have bumped along just fine and not have any real issues with having a large family.

I don't think Josh wants a large family at all. He said as much, and he sure acts that way, but he has no power now, and he's just going to tow the party line.

I think Jill is in complete denial. I think she's terrified of any unhappiness she feels and just keeps pushing it away and insisting that she's HAPPY and wants a huge family just like MOTY.

I don't know about Jessa. She seems to like motherhood, but I think J'chelle did at first, too. I think she might be willing to stop having babies at some point if it becomes too much for her.

I don't think Jinger wants a large family, and I don't think she'll have one, either.

I think Joy is pretty shut down emotionally, and I don't think she looks back on life at the TTH with great fondness. I think she and Austin may drop out of the baby wars sooner than some of the others.

I think that Josiah is objectively miserable and I don't think he recalls his childhood with any fondness. He is, however, completely cowed by his parents at this point, and I don't think he sees himself as having any agency in making decisions for his own family.

I agree with this. I also think that Joy and Austin had a big wake-up call with their loss. I would imagine that they'd have been in favor of leaving the number of kids they had "up to God" (with possibly some NFP because Austin's upbringing would probably have made him less comfortable with a really large number of kids). I do think, though. that losing Annabel probably left them a bit shell-shocked and hesitant to get pregnant again right away. Though, in a way, I get the sense that it brought them closer and really strengthened their bond. I'd imagine there are more kids on the horizon for them, but that they will do their best to save pregnancies for when they really feel ready for them, so will, as you say, have fewer children and stop at a prudent number. And hopefully invest in some decent prenatal care.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

I don't think Josh wants a large family at all. He said as much, and he sure acts that way, but he has no power now, and he's just going to toe the party line.

• Love 2

It takes a bit of critical thinking to identify birth family dynamics, when one becomes an adult. I'm not sure any of the Duggar 19 have the willingness or the thinking skills to connect all the dots.

Even with Jill saying she snuck food into the bathroom, it doesn't seem that the Duggars were really ever on the verge of starving. The always had clothes and a roof over their heads too.

Joy's willingness to live in an RV and Jessa seemingly satisfied to live in a tiny 4 room home has me thinking the Duggar 19 have not fully connected all the dots.

I'm guessing Kendra will keep having babies until menopause. Just like her mother and MIL. Because that's what they believe and that's all they know.

• Love 9

When I was preggers with my first, about 53 years ago, I had this cute little long leg panty girdle that had bright flowers and a stretchy area for the belly, and, underneath that, a big long piece of wide elastic to suspend the belly.  I was working then, in 1967, so hose were required, and this girdle was very very comfortable.  Which meant I didn't have to use my hands to cradle my belly.  With the second one, I wasn't working and didn't use the girdle and while I didn't cradle anything, I wished I still had it.  But, still, I never held my belly like that.  

• Love 13