Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I have to say that I think this is an awful picture of what is usually an attractive young family.

Joe looks disheveled. Kendra usually does a good job of making sure that her family is put together well, and I think it's just an awkward picture. Whatever is going on with Joe's pants doesn't need to be shared.

Joe's hold on his daughter is awkward, and Kendra's hold on her son is awkward, too.

While this is slightly better than the super-awkward head-to-toe photos that the Duggars normally take, we're once again subjected to too much torso.

It's simply a poorly composed photo and, since they're free, I don't understand why they didn't take another. It's not the worst photo I ever saw, but we no longer take photos with film and have to wait until they're developed before we discover that they suck. There was absolutely no reason not to take another photo that was more flattering.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Totally said:

What’s wrong with the skirt?

IMO it doesn't fit, is wrinkled, looks poorly made (the front middle panel appears to be a different shade of black) and is frumpy.

I'm guessing being tired and overwhelmed with two babies and a postpartum body limits her choices, but Kendra usually dresses more sharply than that.

• Useful 1
49 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

IMO it doesn't fit, is wrinkled, looks poorly made (the front middle panel appears to be a different shade of black) and is frumpy.

I would rather look at Kendra's skirt than look at the filthy looking skirt that Joy wears continuously.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I would rather look at Kendra's skirt than look at the filthy looking skirt that Joy wears continuously.

I agree.  I also like the more formal looking Christmas card picture of Joe's family rather than the Forsyth's very  casual look of theirs.  

• Love 7

This surprises how many people?  Idiots have no idea they are playing Russian roulette with children's lives.

I caught pertussis from an infant and holy crap I have never been so sick for 2 months. And now I have asthma. Thanks idiot people.

There was an anti-vaxxer who's SEVEN kids caught pertussis and now she's seen the error of her ways. Sad that it took SEVEN kids getting sick to get her attention.

ETA- if people are around infants or have pregnant loved ones, get your TDAP updated ASAP. It's not worth the risk.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I am speechless that people don’t vaccinate their kids. Guess if he dies it will be #Godpleaseraisemykidfromthedwad on SM. 
Idiots.

Yes, and #itwasgodswill

Pretty sure god wants parents to make proactive medical decisions for their children. 

The lack of vaccinations pretty much confirms that these kids will never see the inside of a regular school. Not that there was much chance of that happening anyway. 

• Love 9

She made an update and wrote:

"I believe he is doing so well because of the Lord who hears the prayer of his people."

You sure it wasn't all the great staff at Children's hospital? Why even take him if prayer was going to heal him? 

Abbie's mom is also an antivax nut.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Lunera said:

"I believe he is doing so well because of the Lord who hears the prayer of his people."

You sure it wasn't all the great staff at Children's hospital? Why even take him if prayer was going to heal him? 

These people infuriate me.  All of them idiots.  

• Love 16

I wonder how many of the moms who are anti vaccination are vaccinated themselves.

It makes no sense to me to allow your kid to be allowed to get measles, mumps etc. It might kill them or me. 

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Love 20
12 minutes ago, wilsie said:

image.png.303c77e339cb97015b766ea62cee3a86.png                            I guess they haven't made the connection that their unvaccinated child is in the hospital with respiratory and ear infections.  

They never do. Is this the same kid that was in the hospital a few weeks ago?

• Love 3

I'm not a parent, but I don't know that anything makes me madder than anti-vax morons. I used to work with some, and I was astonished at their ignorance and how they clung to it, regardless of the facts. 

People who take videos/pictures of their kid suffering in the hospital is a pretty close second to pissing me off. 😞 

• Love 24
26 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

Dear Mrs Caldwell, 

Know what else is scary? Measles. Polio. Pertussis. That's why we have vaccines for them. 

One of my best friend’s perfectly healthy child died of chicken pox. It overwhelmed her organs. This was just before the vaccine came out and was tragic. 

19 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

One of my best friend’s perfectly healthy child died of chicken pox. It overwhelmed her organs. This was just before the vaccine came out and was tragic. 

I'm so sorry to hear this. Chicken pox ran through my elementary school back in the early 90s before the vaccine. I had it and was fine, but my neighbor boy had a terrible case and somehow ended up on his brain stem (I may be misremembering- I was pretty young). He recovered with no long term issues, but it was literally months of recovery. Even though he was eventually fine, I learned that even the "harmless" illnesses can easily turn deadly. I'm so glad there is a vaccine for it now. It scares me how quickly this anti vax movement has gained momentum. 

• Love 6

So these people are not only going to have tons of kids, they are going to have tons of unvaccinated kids.  Lovely.  More people to screw up the herd immunity.

So, having to see her child sick and miserable in the hospital only reinforces Mrs. Caldwell’s belief in a behavior that increases her children’s odds of becoming sick and miserable.  And if she only wants to subject her own kids to her stupidity it’s one thing, but she is willing to gamble on that for other people’s children.

I wonder if they would feel the same if they could really process the fact that only about 100 years ago, half of children didn’t make it to their fifth birthday.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I wonder how many of the moms who are anti vaccination are vaccinated themselves.

It makes no sense to me to allow your kid to be allowed to get measles, mumps etc. It might kill them or me. 

It makes no sense to me either. Don't you want less health problems to worry about your kid getting? 

• Love 8

As my MIL says..."If any of these anti-vaxers knew what it was like for people with polio and  died of polio, they would think different. If they knew what it was like when the polio vaccine came out and people ran and waited days to get it and would do anything to get it, they might think different."

I know several parents who haven't vaccinated their kids and wonder why they are always sick with something. I'm waiting for one of them to get the measles or chicken pox and see how that goes for them.

• Love 13

My daughter is an infectious disease doctor.  She has lots of horrific stories about people who have contracted preventable diseases.  She has no patience for anti-vaxxers, although she grudgingly admits that they give her job security.

She recently spent a month at a children's hospital and I got lots of texts about "fucking morons" who refused to vaccinate their children.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, wait.what said:

If their children don’t NEED vaccines, then why do they take their children to the hospital when they get sick? 

shouldn’t their “strong, natural, immune system” be able to handle anything?

And shouldn't prayers heal everything?  

1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

My daughter is an infectious disease doctor.  She has lots of horrific stories about people who have contracted preventable diseases.  She has no patience for anti-vaxxers, although she grudgingly admits that they give her job security.

She recently spent a month at a children's hospital and I got lots of texts about "fucking morons" who refused to vaccinate their children.

That must be so frustrating.  One can't fix stupid, it seems.

Don't these fundies have to be vaccinated if they travel?  I suppose it depends on the country they're going to, for their "mission trips" (vacations.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Although the Caldwells are openly anti-vax, I don't believe the Duggars are on that particular bandwagon. I work in Christian education, and very few families in these schools are actually anti-vax. Most believe in using modern medicine, although Gardasil is still controversial. I myself am on board with all vaccinations. 

I hope that Joe and JD, as the "headships", follow JB's lead on this and vaccinate their children. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

Although the Caldwells are openly anti-vax, I don't believe the Duggars are on that particular bandwagon. I work in Christian education, and very few families in these schools are actually anti-vax. Most believe in using modern medicine, although Gardasil is still controversial. I myself am on board with all vaccinations. 

I hope that Joe and JD, as the "headships", follow JB's lead on this and vaccinate their children. 

In my experience, Christians who send their kids to private school are much less likely to be anti-vax than fundamentalists who homeschool simply because they are much less militant in general. I know lots of Christians who vaccinate their kids, and I know lots of homeschoolers who vaccinate their kids. But every single anti-vaxxer I know is a Christian homeschooler. 

I have never seen anything about the Duggars and vaccinations, so you might be right that the Duggars don't feel that way. With their attitude toward basic healthcare during pregnancy, though, I have my doubts. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, 3 is enough said:

I have a vague recollection of Michelle talking about how important it was for "miracle baby" Josie to have all of her vaccinations because she was so vulnerable.  Anyone else remember this?

Yes. It's why I think the Duggars also vaccinated all of the kids who lived at home at the time. I have no clue if they kept up with Josie's vaccinations, though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 12/30/2019 at 7:42 PM, Lunera said:

So, anyone who suffers or doesn't get better, God simply doesn't hear or answer the person's prayer? Or they didn't pray hard enough, or they're not holy or godly enough for God to answer their prayer for healing? This kind of bad theology makes me ill.

• Love 18
On 12/30/2019 at 6:53 PM, Chicklet said:

This surprises how many people?  Idiots have no idea they are playing Russian roulette with children's lives.

I caught pertussis from an infant and holy crap I have never been so sick for 2 months. And now I have asthma. Thanks idiot people.

There was an anti-vaxxer who's SEVEN kids caught pertussis and now she's seen the error of her ways. Sad that it took SEVEN kids getting sick to get her attention.

ETA- if people are around infants or have pregnant loved ones, get your TDAP updated ASAP. It's not worth the risk.

I know of a "nature" family that was antivaxxer until they're toddler son got pertussis & almost died.  He will also have lifetime respiratory problems.  Luckily it scared the parents to have all the children vaccinated. 

On 12/30/2019 at 7:42 PM, Lunera said:

I hope Abbie isn't antivax being a nurse.  When my niece was in nursing school she was adamant that her family be all caught up on vaccines, got flu shots, proper bloodwork & their blood pressure  checked.  

On 12/30/2019 at 9:54 PM, Love2dance said:

That is just horrible. 

• Love 8
On 12/30/2019 at 4:07 PM, wilsie said:

image.png.303c77e339cb97015b766ea62cee3a86.png                            I guess they haven't made the connection that their unvaccinated child is in the hospital with respiratory and ear infections.  

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Poor Isaiah, though. It’s not his fault that his parents are uneducated halfwits.

• Love 12

Someone on Facebook posted a " Please  vaccinate your children"  meme. I read the comments, I have no idea why I keep doing this it just raises my blood pressure, they were all in agreement except one woman who said the usual.. just poison ect. Someone replied and explained why her child needed this , protects your child and also people who cannot be vaccinated. It was a very respectful reply. Her answer? " I will not set my child on fire to keep your child warm." I have no words.

• Useful 1
47 minutes ago, Portia said:

Shame on anyone who might play a part in the return of that horrible disease. 

But but...God gave us an immune system to save good christians from disease. 

So maybe  "good" christians didn't exist before now, since so many of them died of communicable diseases in the past?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8