Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, AngelinaMaria said:

Why does Kendra look so orange/brown??  She needs to lay off the heavy make up.

She wears darker foundation to match the self tanner. Her hands are still white.

• Useful 3

Even though Joe has the typical Duggar male pattern baldness and kind of flabby belly, out of all the married kidults, this is the most picturesque family of them all. Kendra is adorable, their children look healthy and well-cared-for, and Joe and Kendra seem truly happy to be with each other. 

• Love 19

Y'all know I think these people are awful, but on looks alone, this couple is sweet.  Joe is always leaning in which is a good sign.  Remember when we worried and speculated about Garrett and his misaligned eyes? Seems okay now.  Pretty (a relative term) people. Terrible beliefs.

• Love 14

Kendra's mom is gorgeous but she sure can't write a decent sentence.

I wonder if the lump on the spine was just a simple cyst that resolved on its own. And not a miracle? 

Also, imaging contrast is so much safer now than thirty years ago.  If the baby's doctors recommended the MRI,  she shouldn't deny him the study.  Healthy kidneys tolerate it well with extra fluids given afterwards.

Edited by louannems
  • Useful 7
  • Love 9

Addison is a beautiful little girl, and Garret has turned into a cutie pie as well. I have hopes for these kids. I don't know why, but I do.

Little prop FeliciTEE will have to watch out. I think there will be a healthy competition for cute babies. She may lose her footing fast.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Fig Newton said:

Addison is a beautiful little girl, and Garret has turned into a cutie pie as well. I have hopes for these kids. I don't know why, but I do.

Little prop FeliciTEE will have to watch out. I think there will be a healthy competition for cute babies. She may lose her footing fast.

I don’t think JoKen will ever post as much on SM as the Vuolo’s so Felicity will retain her title as the Cutest Prop On volume alone.  It doesn’t seem like either Joe or Kendra is interested in displaying their every movement on Instagram. 

• Love 9

I’m confused about what happened to little Isaiah. Was the lump last December and she’s just posting about it now?  It’s unclear, the way she’s written it. Sounds like he’s currently ok though. 

• Love 6

Nothing too crazy. Kendra does not handle pain well but I think her mother insists that she give birth naturally. Pretty sure it was mentioned during her last birth special.

She was ready to deliver but the doctor was running late so they told her to stop pushing. The poor girl looked like she was about to pass out from pain. The nurses ended up delivering the baby.

Kendra's mom doesn't appear pregnant and they don't mention anything about her being pregnant. She was dressed pretty frumpy, it's hard to tell. 

Edited by Lunera
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Castor Oil again Ugh and then she has some foamy drink.  And thanks, I could have missed the wet spot on the bed where her water broke.  Reminded me of my first, I was in the shower and heard something hit the tub floor.  Looked around to see if a shampoo bottle fell or something.  Nope, realized a bit later my water had broken right there in the shower.  Convienent!

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Castor Oil again Ugh and then she has some foamy drink.  And thanks, I could have missed the wet spot on the bed where her water broke.  Reminded me of my first, I was in the shower and heard something hit the tub floor.  Looked around to see if a shampoo bottle fell or something.  Nope, realized a bit later my water had broken right there in the shower.  Convienent!

I love your avatar, do you post on Sister Wives as well?

My water had to be broken.  I pushed for 3 hours, and the Doc said vacuum suction was needed.  Thank God.  One and done.

Is Kendra going to have a baby every year?  At least she's not doing it at home with no pain relief options available.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I love your avatar, do you post on Sister Wives as well?

My water had to be broken.  I pushed for 3 hours, and the Doc said vacuum suction was needed.  Thank God.  One and done.

Is Kendra going to have a baby every year?  At least she's not doing it at home with no pain relief options available.

No, I only hate-read Sister Wives.  Mostly Mykelti for laughs, Meri because she is so ridiculous with the LuLaNo life and Mariah because she is so in love with herself.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I don't quite get these folks. Joe and Kendra especially. Kendra wears modesty slips and panels underneath clothing that is already modest and they had the strictest rules during their courtship and engagement. Yet they are clearly okay with Kendra writhing and moaning in pain during what I would argue is one of the most intimate and vulnerable positions she could be in. It is not very modest. 

But money talk$ I $uppose.

I think that the issue is that they see a difference between modesty and privacy. Kendra is required to be modest, but she's not allowed to have any privacy.

Her children aren't her children -- they're warriors for Christ. She's the vessel that births them, not an individual human being with  right to privacy -- or the right to make her own decisions regarding pain mangement.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

I think that the issue is that they see a difference between modesty and privacy. Kendra is required to be modest, but she's not allowed to have any privacy.

Her children aren't her children -- they're warriors for Christ. She's the vessel that births them, not an individual human being with  right to privacy -- or the right to make her own decisions regarding pain mangement.

But also, you can’t be a martyr for Jesus if you have pain meds!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

But also, you can’t be a martyr for Jesus if you have pain meds!

There are legitimate reasons to forego pain meda, especially epidurals, in labor. I got a spinal headache after my last epidural, and it was miserable. Some research suggests that having an epidural can slow labor or increase risk of birth injury feom pushing too hard or incorrectly.

Has Kendra ever explained why she did not get an epidural?

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I'm going to write a musical. It will be a flop since who cares about fundamentalist Christians. But it will have a musical song number about why it is okay to have your vagina shown on TV but you must have your knees blacked out while jet skiing.  

As for pain meds, this depends on how devout you are. Some people believe that pain killers during childbirth go against what God cursed Eve with for taking the apple. 

• Love 6

Kendra's parents are very woo and anti-medicine. If Kendra didn't have a history of passing out from pain, she would probably give birth at home. Some people just have pain meds through an IV; did Kendra not have any pain relief? It's possible they thought she was too far along for an epidural when she arrived.

I can't believe these idiots are still using castor oil during labor. Castor oil stopped being used, because it's dangerous for the baby.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Kendra's parents are very woo and anti-medicine. If Kendra didn't have a history of passing out from pain, she would probably give birth at home. Some people just have pain meds through an IV; did Kendra not have any pain relief? It's possible they thought she was too far along for an epidural when she arrived.

I can't believe these idiots are still using castor oil during labor. Castor oil stopped being used, because it's dangerous for the baby.

They left for the hospital at 1:30 AM and at 5:30 AM the scrolling said she had been in active labor for one hour.  So it doesn't seem like she was too far for an epidural.  Isn't laboring without pain relief a common choice?  I had my three babies med free in the eighties, and it was not uncommon.

I've read that castor oil causes not only the mom to poop, but it can also cause the baby to poop while still in the uterus, which can be dangerous.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, louannems said:

They left for the hospital at 1:30 AM and at 5:30 AM the scrolling said she had been in active labor for one hour.  So it doesn't seem like she was too far for an epidural.  Isn't laboring without pain relief a common choice?  I had my three babies med free in the eighties, and it was not uncommon.

I've read that castor oil causes not only the mom to poop, but it can also cause the baby to poop while still in the uterus, which can be dangerous.

I labored for ten hours with no pain relief before finally agreeing to a couple shots of Stadol. I have endometriosis, migraines, and have had surgeries requiring my bones to be broken and reset, and I just couldn’t take another minute of unmedicated labor. Props to you for doing it three times.

Question — if someone other than Kendra gets to make the decision about whether she gets pain relief during labor, why is it her mom instead of Joe? Isn’t the Duggar doctrine that the man is the headship who gets to make family decisions? I think Joe cares about Kendra and I can’t imagine him requiring her to labor in obvious pain for hours when an epidural could be performed. I mean, it would obviously be ideal for Kendra to make her own choices, but barring that it just seems weird that her mother is calling the shots. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Just watched the video.  That poor thing.  It was hard to see her writhing around in that much pain. I thought she was going to hyperventilate at one point.  

I could have done without Christine.  And her shirt. Joe could have lost his baseball cap as well. 

Enough with the stupid questions Mechelle.   It would be different if we knew Garrett & Addison will be their only kids but that's not going to be. 

• Love 12

I don't typically watch any of their shows but against my better judgement tuned in to the birth show & noticed Kendra's mother calling her "baby girl", which I thought was creepy given this very young woman is birthing her second child, which is an actual, baby girl.

Where'd she get "Trenge" from? And why?

Kendra seemed quite in control given her pain & no where near to passing out & this is her second kid, so also not sure why they're still concerned except for fake drama.

I hate when they tell a mother to stop pushing because the doctor isn't there - that's very painful. Glad the nurse didn't push the baby back in at least, since they do that sometimes & can injure the baby as well.

Kendra's mother wore that familiar obnoxious looking b&w skirt they all seem to wear at one point - must've been a special at the bad taste store for skirt wearing fundies that day.

I tuned out after hearing Meechelle proclaim dramatically to Joe how they now have a baby girl - a boy & a girl - yeah no shit thanks for stating the obvious in case the father of the kids missed that fact.

All the women speak like they're drugged.

• LOL 1
  • Love 22

geez, just watched both videos and although i was a huge no-med birther in the late 70's-early 80's myself, i cant believe they CHOOSE to birth that way and film it.. i also was puker so i can relate to that part of her delivery as well. i wish someone i that family would grow some guts and just do things in the manner that they personally want to.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I don't typically watch any of their shows but against my better judgement tuned in to the birth show & noticed Kendra's mother calling her "baby girl", which I thought was creepy given this very young woman is birthing her second child, which is an actual, baby girl.

Where'd she get "Trenge" from? And why?

Kendra seemed quite in control given her pain & no where near to passing out & this is her second kid, so also not sure why they're still concerned except for fake drama.

I hate when they tell a mother to stop pushing because the doctor isn't there - that's very painful. Glad the nurse didn't push the baby back in at least, since they do that sometimes & can injure the baby as well.

Kendra's mother wore that familiar obnoxious looking b&w skirt they all seem to wear at one point - must've been a special at the bad taste store for skirt wearing fundies that day.

I tuned out after hearing Meechelle proclaim dramatically to Joe how they now have a baby girl - a boy & a girl - yeah no shit thanks for stating the obvious in case the father of the kids missed that fact.

All the women speak like they're drugged.

I have an acquaintance who posts on Facebook about her "baby girl" who is in her 30s, lives in another state and has a job.  I find it very annoying.  I wish she would get to know Kendra's mother and they can compare adult "baby girls".  Oy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

She didn’t seem to be an abnormal amount of pain for a woman giving birth, to me. Still, I would have begged for an epidural right around the time she vomited the first time. I did spot the nurse wiping her arm with an alcohol swap so I bet she had a quick shot of pain meds or at least some anti-nausea meds. 

Kendra has way more patience than me. I would have yelled at the nurse for telling me to wait to push. At a certain point, the body just takes over and you have to push. So I was more surprised that they tried to get her to wait. I would have lost it entirely at that point. 

Many women choose not to have an epidural, and when it comes to labor and delivery, I don’t think anyone, other than the laboring mother and her doctor, should get a say in that choice. 

At no point did I see Kendra’s mom or Joe tell Kendra not to get an epidural so who knows why Kendra didn’t get one this time. We can speculate of course, but I bet Kendra believes it was her choice entirely. 

• Love 16
13 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

It's weird to me that anyone but Kendra herself gets to choose how she is giving birth.

ITA.

Now choices about the baby - unborn or born - sure, Joe should chime in. But Kendra's own pain - naw, that should be all on Kendra. 

• Love 16