Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

Kendra's family lit the biggest bonfire I've ever seen. It doesn't look safe, but FJ says that's just the South. They also found the old gun picture of Pastor Caldwell and Joe and the big guns.  Also one of Kendra's brothers is wearing what is probably Joe's old ALERT t-shirt. 

These people are very good-looking, but very fundie. 

I'm all for eating by a fire, but that was a complete waste of wood and dangerous to boot. We haven't heard of a major wildfire in Arkansas, so I'm guessing it went out okay.

I'm pretty much betting that Joe & Kendra go the way of both their parents and have 8-15 kids. I hope they do a better job than JB & Michelle in parenting them.

• Love 7

Kendra and Joe got a not-really-anything article in US Weekly. She's due with the baby in a week so any day now.  It's called "Why Kendra and Joe Think 2 Kids under 2 will be a Smooth Transition." 

Kendra says:

We’re kind of already in that napping, changing diapers groove with Garrett still, so I think it will be just adding another [to that],” the pregnant star, 21, tells Us Weekly exclusively in this week’s issue. “We’ll both be busy, I guess. All hands will be tied up taking care of little ones, but there are always challenges. [Our son] can’t do much himself, so he’s going to need a lot of help, but we’re excited about this new chapter.”

She adds, “I think it’s going be different, but we’ll probably get into the groove of what our family size is. The adjustment part is always an adjustment, so we’ll just see how it goes!”

Kendra says "We were first doing stuff the two of us and now we're raising a kid, so we just need to keep our relationship strong. That’s the plan.”

She sounds like Michelle here. She also sounds like she will be surprised when she's pregnant with #3 next year. 

"Joseph, 24, admits he’s “a little bit more strict” with Garrett than his wife."

How charming!

This is about Garrett. 

"The little one, who is growing leaps and bounds, “loves facial expressions.” The 19 Kids and Counting alum tells Us, “He always tries to make us smile.”

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

"Joseph, 24, admits he’s “a little bit more strict” with Garrett than his wife."

Oh my god. I read this as Joesph is stricter with Garrett than he is with Kendra. 

I've learned something: my reading comprehension while editing a novel? zilch. 

This is Derick-Saying-Izzy-Is-Manipulative-For-Saying-I-Love-You energy. Garrett can barely support his own neck what on earth does he had to be strict about with this baby?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

I read this a bit differently.

strict is an odd word choice. but having raised 2 kids with my husband always being "the fun parent", I was always the "strict" parent, even with toddlers. The one who said things like "we don't hit others" or "we don't throw our food" etc. not punishing them, but teaching them what was acceptable behavior

• Useful 2
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

IIRC, he was born 6/18 (June 2018, not June 18th 😁).

Yeah, we know the Duggar’s breed fast, but two babies in less than six months is even beyond their superpowers. 
Garrett is at the stage where you do need to start disciplining them.  Not punishing, but also teaching them that the world comes with rules. So, Joe’s statement made sense to me. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

How are you strict with a 6 month old? 

Blanket training ?

It came to mind right when I read that sentence.   Maybe Joe is following in his parent's footsteps.   Let's hope not. 

Maybe this article came out due to how overwhelmed Kendra seemed with Garrett on the show last night.  She may have known she was pregnant when the girls were having their talk & reality was already sinking in in how she will be dealing with two kids close in age. (Next week's previews showed her telling Joe about the 2nd pregnancy so this is possible.)  I guess we'll be hearing the usual line of how they were soooooo surprised to find out that Blessing #2 is already on it's way. 

• Love 5

Just love their actual names being put in parentheses.

My granddaughter has a friend named Addison. She’s a spitfire, and so intelligent. Here’s hoping for Addison Duggar.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 7

Addison is fairly common and popular first name for girls. It peaked in 2007 and 2010 at #11 of the top 1000 names for girls. In 2018, it was #35 for girls in the top 1000. 

I was expecting a more traditional name to go with Garrett. Renee is Kendra's middle name so her daughter shares a middle name with Kendra. Garrett David Duggar is named after Michelle's father Garrett David Ruark. Garrett is also Joe's middle name. I was expecting something like Mary Leona (after Grandma Mary). Or Leona Renee.

Anyway it's a normal name. I hope Kendra and Addison are very healthy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

So many double letters! Addison, Renee, Garrett, Duggar!   Maybe that’s their theme! 

The name Addison always makes me think of Addison’s disease! 

I’m just happy it’s not Adysyn!

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

They’ll probably nickname her Addi, which is cute too.

I'd probably spell it as Addie...it is a cute name. Wasn't that the little girl in Paper Moon? Maybe she will run a con operation selling Bibles door to door as well 😁

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'd probably spell it as Addie...it is a cute name. Wasn't that the little girl in Paper Moon? Maybe she will run a con operation selling Bibles door to door as well 😁

Exactly!  One of my favorite movies from that time.  Addie Pray!

• Love 2

I agree with the poster that said that Addison will be Kendra's mini me.  Most babies don't strike me as looking like one or the other parent until later on, maybe four or five months later, but she looks like Momma now.  No doubt about it.  IMHO, of course.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Addison Montgomery-Shephard

Ahem, Addison Forbes Montgomery Shepard.

That's where I know the name from. But I like Addison as a name either way. Congratulations to Kendra and Joe, she is adorable.

• Love 5