Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I do not mind long hair if it looks like the person takes care of it and it looks healthy. Jill could still have long hair and take a good 12 inches off. Maybe get it cut in an actual style. Some of the Bates girls have longer hair. Their hair looks much more modern and well kept. The Duggar ladies all have scraggly hair (yup, I am including Jinger). I think Jana may have the best hair of the Duggars, but that is a pretty low bar.

• Love 11

I hope Joy, Kendra, Lauren and Anna all have girls.  Oh, and Amy too.  

Jill either has the worst taste on the planet, or Amy is deliberately giving her the ugliest and least flattering clothes to "model".   Amy probably buys her stock in "lots", made up of various styles, colors and a range of sizes.  Some will be cute & some will be dogs.  And Jill automatically gets the dogs.  I like to think that's how it works.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

Oh my, Jill's kitchen counters are always a mess and cluttered with yes, non-kitchen JUNK. I would think she needs the counter space to actually COOK SOMETHING.

BTW, Jill that dress is too big for you. Try a smaller size and please, cut your hair. It's beyond flattering at this point. 

If the dress was smaller and actually fit her properly, it might not be so bad. And she can have long hair but keep it healthy! 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Did Jill lose her gig with the lemon/citrus people? I wonder if Amy felt that she had to take her back, being family and all. 

I wonder if the fact that Abbie is now shilling for L&C (and doing a much better job of it) had some effect here.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Yikes. She usually wears clothes a size or two too large but her latest crop of tragic tops seem extra big. Either she is pregnant, is hoping to be soon, or likes the attention of everyone wondering. Because it cannot be that she actually thinks this looks good, right???

2A6AC4A2-38BA-4D5F-8F24-73BE5F444A4E.jpeg

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Trillium said:

Yikes. She usually wears clothes a size or two too large but her latest crop of tragic tops seem extra big. Either she is pregnant, is hoping to be soon, or likes the attention of everyone wondering. Because it cannot be that she actually thinks this looks good, right???

That top is big enough for two Jills. Its not great to begin with but maybe in the right size it could work. 

I saw it on the website and its huge on the model too. WTF? 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 5

The dress is cute, but needs to be the right size, and maybe a belt or something. The top is.. Well...not styled well. It doesn't look good on the model either. 

Jilly will never cut her hair. She's got to wear it in front because otherwise, we wouldn't see how Godly she is, and how she's showing us her crowning glory!  🤮

She needs to learn what a dishwasher is for. No need for all that crap in the sink. Or at least dry it and out it away. The flowers and the sign don't bother me. I've got decorations on my counter too. 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Trillium said:

She definitely looks pregnant to me. I've been saying for a while I think Jill pregnant. Probably due in December, so she'll announce  (on social media/youtube) next month (June). Or sooner. Both this picture and the last picture are better since I can definitely see the clothes. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4

Well Jill's followers must like her shirt because it's sold out. (If I found the correct one on the website.)

On a different note, Jinger may be interested in the "Workin' it Babe" outfit of distressed black jeans  with a midriff baring black tank top.  Not sure it would meet JereME's approval but it would fit in in California. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Well Jill's followers must like her shirt because it's sold out. (If I found the correct one on the website.)

Amy probably only ordered 1, since it was terribly ugly and she had minimum quantities required from her supplier.  So she promptly shoved that hideous monstrosity off on Jill.  Idiot. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'd wear that top. It'd look cute with capri leggings.

Me too.  I believe it is part  of the over-sized collections i have been seeing in Lord& Taylor and Macy's 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Trillium said:

I think it’s meant to be oversized, the shoulders and neck seem to be in the right spot 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Just curious what kind of floors would you have put in?

Not linoleum.   I'm partial to the wood look tile, or laminate if I could not afford hardwood.  I hate white grout but a large tile with a darker grout would work well in a kitchen. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Not linoleum.   I'm partial to the wood look tile, or laminate if I could not afford hardwood.  I hate white grout but a large tile with a darker grout would work well in a kitchen. 

Are we thinking real linoleum or vinyl?  I would love real linoleum - it is easy to maintain and comes in nifty patterns, and I think quite spendy.  https://www.thekitchn.com/all-about-linoleum-flooring-kitchen-flooring-spotlight_1-171989

I am not against sheet vinyl as an option.  Some of it is nice looking and easy to care for.

• Love 6
(edited)

I sincerely doubt that floor is real linoleum.  It is most likely sheet vinyl which is much less expensive.  

There is nothing wrong with sheet vinyl, but it does tend to dent and tear fairly easily. Not the most durable choice for a house with young kids. Given Jill's laissez-faire attitude and the rambunctiousness of her boys it won't be long before it starts to show wear and tear.  Heck, it's only been a month and already it has been scribbled on with Sharpie.

Even at the TTH they used ceramic tile downstairs- it was a pretty neutral basic tile but it has worn well.  And that was a lot of square footage compared to Jill's house.  

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

That top is big enough for two Jills. Its not great to begin with but maybe in the right size it could work. 

I saw it on the website and its huge on the model too. WTF? 

I was going to say that I’m sure I’m almost 2x Jill’s size and this top would fit me!!!

• Love 1

Those cheap, shapeless shorts appear yet again. Jill, hit up Amy for a new pair, or invest in something decent if you want to make a living promoting clothes. 

Jill is busty. So am I. I realized that whatever I wore looked better if it didn't flare around the hips creating a tent. I decided I looked better as a rectangle than an inverted triangle.  Personally, while I'm OK with the fabric, I wouldn't wear this blouse because of its size and shape. If you're going to promote something, make sure you understand it. Begin by looking in a mirror. 

Hey, if her fans like it, whatever. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Just curious what kind of floors would you have put in?

Something that would hold up to wear and tear as well as increase appeal of future buyers. Maybe hardwood, cork or some kind of tile. I'm not a fan of ceramic tile though.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Are we thinking real linoleum or vinyl?  I would love real linoleum - it is easy to maintain and comes in nifty patterns, and I think quite spendy.  https://www.thekitchn.com/all-about-linoleum-flooring-kitchen-flooring-spotlight_1-171989

I am not against sheet vinyl as an option.  Some of it is nice looking and easy to care for.

Luxury vinyl is available to be installed as a sheet, something my SIL did because she has an active family of big boys.  It is very resistant to heavy wear and tear, but not marker scribbling by little boys.

I installed old school luxury vinyl squares, with grout,  in our current home.  Wonderful product.

I guess the real question is the quality of the product installed, not so much, the style.

• Love 1
(edited)
41 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Luxury vinyl is available to be installed as a sheet, something my SIL did because she has an active family of big boys.  It is very resistant to heavy wear and tear, but not marker scribbling by little boys.

I installed old school luxury vinyl squares, with grout,  in our current home.  Wonderful product.

I guess the real question is the quality of the product installed, not so much, the style.

My mother had luxury vinyl planks in her condo.  Looked like hardwood and was super durable. 

Based on the photos of the kitchen I am going to assume that the flooring is not high quality.  There are horrible reviews online about the quality and workmanship of the homes from their builder.

But the houses are inexpensive and the builder quotes Scripture on their webpage, which was probably the deciding factor for Jill and Derick.  Because, Jesus.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

My mother had luxury vinyl planks in her condo.  Looked like hardwood and was super durable. 

I put vinyl planks in the bathroom. Stuff was expensive but super easy to install, is waterproof, and looks great. I love it. (I actually covered the old sheet vinyl!) Now I'm gearing up to put porcelain tile in my kitchen. 

Sheet vinyl would be a bad choice in a new build in my area but I'm not sure Jill and Derick are the most discerning of homebuyers. And maybe it's better for their house to have lower end finishes, mostly because I don't know that they're the type to undertake home maintenance. Let's face it, Jill's a far cry away from ever having a Pinterest-worthy house.

• Love 5
(edited)
49 minutes ago, McManda said:

I put vinyl planks in the bathroom. Stuff was expensive but super easy to install, is waterproof, and looks great. I love it. (I actually covered the old sheet vinyl!) Now I'm gearing up to put porcelain tile in my kitchen. 

My opinion only, but I don't like porcelain tiles in the kitchen.  I had that in a previous house and my feet and legs bothered me a lot from standing on those hard tiles.  I ended up getting memory foam mats for in front of the sink and the stove.  Also, every dish or glass I dropped ended up in a thousand pieces.  I've got wood floors now and I love them.

As for Jill's kitchen, I imagine they probably picked less expensive options.  I figure their budget doesn't allow for higher end finishes, etc.

Edited by NotFundie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Here you go, Jill...

Job 15:28

"He has lived in desolate cities, In houses no one would inhabit, Which are destined to become ruins.”

*At nightly bible study with Dreck*

"Jill why don't you look over this passage while I law school."
---15 minutes later---
"Babe, I can't understand.  Someone is talking about getting a job.  What exactly that means?"

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, amitville said:

Me too.  I believe it is part  of the over-sized collections i have been seeing in Lord& Taylor and Macy's 

I admit that I tend to wear oversized tops, but I'm also over 6 feet tall and that ensures that the top is long enough.  And like an earlier poster, I would pair it with capri leggings or capri jeans, not those shorts.  I think some cuter shoes/sandals would help too.  Those Jesus sandals really don't work with the outfit. 

• Love 6
On 5/29/2019 at 10:47 PM, Zella said:

@Absolom that's very true. I have no way of knowing what his insurance was, but I really do think his benefits were better than people are assuming simply because it's not like he was law enforcement in some tiny little town in the middle of nowhere. Also, I feel like a $50,000-100,000 policy, as was suggested, seems very low for a married middle-class couple with 2 kids. 

One other thing I meant to add, most public service jobs here in Arkansas, even if they seem like they would be city, often provide county-level or state-benefits, so even if he had been in a small-town or was technically a Rogers city employee, the benefits might have been better than they would have appeared for that reason, too.

Derick's dad could've also taken out a private policy too. He was a police officer and that job does come with risk. 

Cathy also seems thrifty.  She might've made good investments with whatever money she got. She might've saved nicely from Walmart, bought stocks etc. She is an accountant so money is a familiar topic to her. 

I don't think that Cathy is sitting on a pile of cash.  But I do think there was insurance money involved and Cathy handled her own money wisely. 

Derick always has money for education, ministry and now a house.  That cannot be coincidence.  But yet their daily life is pretty regular. No new furniture or new cars. No fancy clothes.  Derick works piddly jobs and Jill is trying to hustle crap on Insta. 

My bet is Cathy is helping Derick with these big milestones in his life.

• Love 9

Someone needs to explain to Jillybean that if you are going to wear a piece of oversized clothing, the rest of your clothing should be form fitting or you will look like you weigh much more than you actually do.  Girl needs to watch a few episodes of What Not to Wear before she continues with her career as a “model” . 

As for her choice in footwear, she needs to actually go to a REAL shoe store, look at the shoes, and get sized by a salesperson (undoubtedly female). She also needs to find out what size bra she should be wearing. 

• Love 11
(edited)
On 5/30/2019 at 1:05 PM, Trillium said:

Thought it was Princess Leia there for a minute. But she didn't have furrows at that age.

Edited by Broken Ox
letters mean things
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Broken Ox said:

Though it was Princess Leia there for a minute. But she didn't have furrows at that age.

May the force be with you Jill. The sad part is Jill probably does not know who Princess Leia is.

• Love 1
(edited)
19 hours ago, Broken Ox said:

Thought it was Princess Leia there for a minute. But she didn't have furrows at that age.

Omg I thought the same thing!!! I like her hair like that, and the earrings, if she was wearing a better outfit. With that kind of print and hairstyle, it definitely looks like Star Wars. 

I think it's so interesting that Cathy is/was an executive, while Derick's dad was a police officer. I wonder how Derick reconciles that with his new duggar belief that women shouldn't work outside of the home, and at the very least that the man should make more. It could be that he doesn't truly believe that, but has to go along with the duggar party line. (I doubt it because he's a selfish ass, but) he could have started believing in the benefits of having a SAHM because Jill chose to be one, and he wants to support her. I suppose Cathy could have been making less than Derick's dad while he was alive, if she was working her way up the ladder, but certainly she was an executive by the time he was in college! Maybe she took a few years off to raise the boys, but I doubt she took substantial time, because it would be hard to come back and rise that high through the ranks. It's a good thing Cathy had an executive level job, because she was able to support herself well after his death. What in the world would happen to Jill?! All signs point to Cathy being the breadwinner their whole lives, it at least most of their lives, and I wonder how Derick justifies that with his new philosophy that the woman shouldn't work even when her husband is in law school.

Also, I do think Derick expected Jill to work as a midwife, but then gave up, so he started toting the party line, but he would never admit it. I also wonder if danger America was partially a cruel attempt to set the precedent that she work. I was horrified when he dragged Jill and their tiny baby out of the county, and made Jill do missionary work (though half assed) while having a newborn. I don't think even the loudest feminist would have been critical of Jill staying home and in the USA for a year or so, when she had her first newborn, and tons of money from TLC and People magazine, and no particularly lucrative skills. I've always though Derick was an ass with that timing. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 5

Cathy worked for Walmart/Sams Club for 17 years mainly as an Inventory Coordinator which on average makes about 36,000 per year.  I'm sure she made more than that with her experience there, but i doubt it was in the six figure rage.  Had she been a Buyer or held an executive position, I could see her being able to fund Deertick's lifestyle, but i really doubt it.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Omg I thought the same thing!!! I like her hair like that, and the earrings, if she was wearing a better outfit. With that kind of print and hairstyle, it definitely looks like Star Wars. 

I think it's so interesting that Cathy is/was an executive, while Derick's dad was a police officer. I wonder how Derick reconciles that with his new duggar belief that women shouldn't work outside of the home, and at the very least that the man should make more. It could be that he doesn't truly believe that, but has to go along with the duggar party line. (I doubt it because he's a selfish ass, but) he could have started believing in the benefits of having a SAHM because Jill chose to be one, and he wants to support her. I suppose Cathy could have been making less than Derick's dad while he was alive, if she was working her way up the ladder, but certainly she was an executive by the time he was in college! Maybe she took a few years off to raise the boys, but I doubt she took substantial time, because it would be hard to come back and rise that high through the ranks. It's a good thing Cathy had an executive level job, because she was able to support herself well after his death. What in the world would happen to Jill?! All signs point to Cathy being the breadwinner their whole lives, it at least most of their lives, and I wonder how Derick justifies that with his new philosophy that the woman shouldn't work even when her husband is in law school.

Also, I do think Derick expected Jill to work as a midwife, but then gave up, so he started toting the party line, but he would never admit it. I also wonder if danger America was partially a cruel attempt to set the precedent that she work. I was horrified when he dragged Jill and their tiny baby out of the county, and made Jill do missionary work (though half assed) while having a newborn. I don't think even the loudest feminist would have been critical of Jill staying home and in the USA for a year or so, when she had her first newborn, and tons of money from TLC and People magazine, and no particularly lucrative skills. I've always though Derick was an ass with that timing. 

Not to mention Zika was thriving when they went back to Centrul Merica, and there was Jill, pregnant with Sam.  DillWhack is an ass for risking that, IMO.

• Love 13
22 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

May the force be with you Jill. The sad part is Jill probably does not know who Princess Leia is.

Then she can never meet my dog ...

foundation garments could help her so much.   

And Derilict is being so cagey about the money, it’s got to be something underhanded 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Not to mention Zika was thriving when they went back to Centrul Merica, and there was Jill, pregnant with Sam.  DillWhack is an ass for risking that, IMO.

I bet dollars to donuts DillWhack told Jill when he wanted to leave for Danger America, and she just giggled and said okay. She blindly went along with him knowing all the dangers it could cause for her and Izzy, I would not put all the blame on him. This is what happens when you get married so fast without realizing what the other person may or may not want in life.

(edited)
On 5/28/2019 at 12:37 AM, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, I remembered Graefin finding this for me way back in March.

You were warned. That’s all I’m saying. 😱

Thank you! That was a thing of beauty. . .  And a good example of how fundamentally boring these people are. “I feel like I got to know Austin a lot better today” is really the best footage TLC could get?

Edited by LilJen
  • Love 1
(edited)
23 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I bet dollars to donuts DillWhack told Jill when he wanted to leave for Danger America, and she just giggled and said okay. She blindly went along with him knowing all the dangers it could cause for her and Izzy, I would not put all the blame on him. This is what happens when you get married so fast without realizing what the other person may or may not want in life.

I don't know that I agree with the idea that she giggled and said okay.

Now, that's not to say I don't think Jill is really immature. She is, and I think that is one of the issues she has in her marriage. Derick is an asshole, but I agree it is not fair to blame him with everything.

However, Jill seemed absolutely petrified in Danger America. Whether that was due to genuine danger or it was something she worked herself into a tizzy over, I don't know. But I think she was really scared. (Thinking specifically about her shower curtain freakout and the resulting crying.) So, I don't think it was her idea, and I don't think she giggled and said okay when he proposed it.

Now, do I think they had a mature conversation about this decision? Nope. I'm not even sure she would have put up an argument to not go or necessarily processed the real threats (like Zika) like a responsible adult. But I have no doubt that she was not thrilled about returning there, if only because of her own fears/terrors from the first time around. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 8

I do not think Jill gave Zika a second thought because in her mind God would protect her. I also think part of the reason why she was scared in Danger America was the fact she was alone a lot without Deredick and her family around, plus the fact she had to take care of Izzy on her own. She might have been fine in DA and might have been thinking they would only be there for a short period of time. Like I said, they both had no clue on what the other person wanted out of marriage. They blindly went in thinking one day they will be on the same page. Stupid is as stupid does.