Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Luvmy300zx said:

and.....if the wives have all those rules to go by, where are the rules for the husbands on how to treat their wives???

I thought the same thing after I read it.  I hope someone asks Jill what Derek does for her.

Jill, your ideas are geared towards the SAHM. What are the rules for the working outside the home moms/wives? Im not sure they have time to make themselves beautiful or to track their husbands as soon as they walk in the door holding a crying baby & a toddler clinging to their legs while thinking about what's for dinner.  What happens if you have a husband that doesn't want to talk or make out as soon as they get home? 

Yes, Jill, when I worked, I did take my daily shower in the evening after homework & household stuff were done.  It was was mainly to wash away the germs & such  after working all day at a doctor's office & to let my longer hair dry thoroughly before bed & not to please Mr. Barb (even though I'm sure he appreciated my daily showers, you know what I mean.)

I can't believe she mentioned seeing a doctor or  getting professional help a few times.  Maybe she needs to suggest that idea to her parents.  Especially after what her older brother did.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

And if you want a corn dog, Sonic is expensive!

ETA - Coldstone is even more expensive. They were already at sonic but had to get ice cream elsewhere?

I figure that they must have used a giftcard to Coldstone.  I love ice cream, but Coldstone is expensive and I rarely go there.  If all 4 of them got ice cream, then their total would be around $25 which is a lot for a family with no visible income.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I figure that they must have used a giftcard to Coldstone.  I love ice cream, but Coldstone is expensive and I rarely go there.  If all 4 of them got ice cream, then their total would be around $25 which is a lot for a family with no visible income.

Cold stone is expensive. I think only D and J got ice cream. Maybe they gave boys some from their portion. 

• Love 2

Jill is definitely stalkerish in all of this, but I'm waiting for a post from Dickweed as to how to keep his "wifey" happy. 
I'm on a Christian singles board (don't laugh, I stay on it for the snark) and I can see some of the people thinking if the wife does all of this, then the husband won't stray.  The men would expect the wife to do all of this for them.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Mr. Natalie and I will have been married 28 years in a few weeks.  I used to wear makeup all the time, even on days off and he said to me early on that it was just him, he thinks I am beautiful so don't bother unless you want to.  Took that and ran with it.  In fact, he sees me often in jammies, hair on top of my head, no makeup.  Not taking advice from a 5 second married unemployed weirdo that times her kisses.

Mr. Madtown said the same thing. He always told me I never needed makeup and I too, ran with it years ago. Saved us a ton of money too..lol I don't miss it at all.

Edited by Madtown
  • Love 12
(edited)

The whole thing reeks of Michelle. And Jill wrote it.  And then Cathy's comment which seems to throw Rick under the bus "I treated him the way I wanted my sons' future wives to treat them." What! You couldn't just be nice to him, beause you loved and respected him or because you wanted him to treat you a certain way.

As for the contents itself, you're supposed to arrange your whole life/marriage around your husband and pleasing him.  It doesn't matter if the house is a mess and the boys are bored, it matters that you smell nice. Anyone can make him a sandwich.... 

If you're tracking someone's phone, it's an invasion of privacy. 

I can see with all the things you're doing for them why it's important to to remember you're not a parent to your spouse and they aren't your parent. 

Finally Jill  put this bible quote in her essay “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.” Yes, you should love God with your mind and think through the advice other people have given you, rather than blindly following or repeating it. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 10

I'm shocked that she didn't have the Pearls' "Created to be His Helpmeet" on her reference list. Her "advice" is right up their alley. Be joyfully available at all times!!!!!11

• Love 6
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm shocked that she didn't have the Pearls' "Created to be His Helpmeet" on her reference list. Her "advice" is right up their alley. Be joyfully available at all times!!!!!11

Maybe it's too liberal. There's stuff about family planning or birth control in there. I know, because Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell was reading it before she married. It was the one thing she disagreed with. (She mentioned this in the comments in her blog.)

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

And if you want a corn dog, Sonic is expensive!

ETA - Coldstone is even more expensive. They were already at sonic but had to get ice cream elsewhere?

But it’s worth the money, because it helps to keep that marriage fresh and alive, y’all!  He probably bought her Coldstone because she’s so hot in the bedroom!  Excuse me while I go puke...🤢

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

This post shouldn’t be surprising to anyone who frequents this forum; the post lays out exactly what every single Duggar and Duggar adjacent woman believes she has to do for a successful marriage. I bet the Bates and Maxwells and all the other various fundies feel the same way, too. And not one of these ladies has demonstrated any kind of initiative to define their marriage in a way that deviates from these “rules”. 

In a way, there’s a certain amount of “bravery” by Jill to put this out there so explicitly and publicly especially since by now she has to know that lots of the people who comment on her photos and blogs do it to snark at her.  For all her faults, Jill’s public persona is probably the most real of any of the Duggar clan. 

• Love 20
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Mind boggling, isn’t it?

I shouldn't waste my few remaining brain cells on this nonsense, but the hypocrisy, inconsistency and lack of logic combined with smugness just makes me crazy.  They are pathetic people who promote a harmful world view. 

• Love 11

I don't know. If you pick away the bullshit and made Jill's post about a partnership rather than a wife's role, some of what she posted makes sense.

Unfortunately the way Jill and her Bible study friends understand relationships is all kinds of fucked up. Jill feels empowered, when really she has no power at all. And when the chips fall, Jill-the Empowered-Woman, will shoulder the blame.

Part of me is happy that Jill is so clueless. The other part of me wants to shake the stupid out of her.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Maybe it's too liberal. There's stuff about family planning or birth control in there. I know, because Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell was reading it before she married. It was the one thing she disagreed with. (She mentioned this in the comments in her blog.)

I consulted my copy, and all that is said is the wife has to follow the husband's wishes. It IMPLIES that they limit family size (no methods given) if that's what HE wants. Debi's example was of a woman who had several children while the husband (who left her) only wanted a couple. SHE blasphemized God by not following her husband. 

That's the only real mention of family planning. Yes, she throws in the quiverful verse, and glorifies large families as the ideal, but in the end, the wife must obey her husband's wishes. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

But, is she telling her readers to give their hubby a BJ when they are riding the crimson wave?

Who in their everloving mind is going to take advice about sex from Jill? Just ... no. No. No. 

Also Jill, if it's that important to you man up and throw down a towel. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Luvmy300zx said:

I.cant.even.  That is the biggest crock I ever read. If she actually does all that she must never think of anything but derelict. How does she ever find time to take care of her kids?

ive been married 40 years and that is not a normal marriage. That is a stalker/victim relationship.

and.....if the wives have all those rules to go by, where are the rules for the husbands on how to treat their wives???

Yes!  Where does Dillweed post what his rules as a Godly (yeah, right) husband are?  Reading that list gives me a headache.  Another decades-married individual here.  All the effort for nurturing the relationship has to be done by the wife?  GTFOOH.

• Love 12
44 minutes ago, Mojitogirl said:

This post shouldn’t be surprising to anyone who frequents this forum; the post lays out exactly what every single Duggar and Duggar adjacent woman believes she has to do for a successful marriage. I bet the Bates and Maxwells and all the other various fundies feel the same way, too. And not one of these ladies has demonstrated any kind of initiative to define their marriage in a way that deviates from these “rules”. 

In a way, there’s a certain amount of “bravery” by Jill to put this out there so explicitly and publicly especially since by now she has to know that lots of the people who comment on her photos and blogs do it to snark at her.  For all her faults, Jill’s public persona is probably the most real of any of the Duggar clan. 

Other than maybe Jessa on some aspects. I don't buy that Jessa is nearly as clingy with Ben as Jill seems to be with Dillhole.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Guard against fulfilling sexual desires alone.

Does this mean no masturbation?

My parents have been married 50 years. The internet was not available for most of it, and they have flip phones. I can see them taking quizzes(ha). And my mother doesn't wear makeup. 

A new show for the Dullards could be 6 second kisses and counting. 

Edited by babyhouseman
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

My husband and I have been together for over 35 years. Thank God for fulling sexual desires alone. No couple can always be on the same page, all the time, over an extended period of time.

• Love 24

I have one question about Jill's mindboggling blog post, what happens if Jill is in the mood but not Derick?  Does he have an obligation to righteously fulfill her desire even if he is not really feeling it?  Or is Jill SOL?  I know it has probably never crossed her mind that she could take care of this herself.   Can Derick as the husband buy her a vibrator and shuffle her off to the bedroom while he studies for law school?  If she names her BOB after Derick,  is this alright?

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have one question about Jill's mindboggling blog post, what happens if Jill is in the mood but not Derick?  Does he have an obligation to righteously fulfill her desire even if he is not really feeling it?  Or is Jill SOL?  I know it has probably never crossed her mind that she could take care of this herself.   Can Derick as the husband buy her a vibrator and shuffle her off to the bedroom while he studies for law school?  If she names her BOB after Derick,  is this alright?

Women don’t have feelings that aren’t preapproved by their headships.

Seriously. This is making me stabby.

• Love 11

No way in hell are Jilly and Derk having sex that often, at least not fulfilling sex for either of them. When she said 'always be available' I just imagine her ready for Derdick in bed with one of those old timey sheets with the sex hole. 

If you have to try that hard to make your husband interested in you then he's not interested! 

• LOL 8
  • Love 10

Jill's slop sounds like the godly relationship treacle Audrey and Jeremy Roloff (Little People, Big World) spout. The difference is that both Audrey and Jeremy have money, education, good clothes, competent dental work, and some sense of social media. They also write books. Sort of. 

Like Audrey and Jeremy, Jill and Derick don't have jobs, so there is lots of time to take themselves very seriously. They all seem to "protest" just a wee bit too much.  

• Love 15

So I read that crap to Mr Quinn when he got home tonight. He asked if it was satire. I had to tell him no. He shook his head in disbelief.  

He was deployed 4 times during the last 5 years. If I wasn't able to fulfill my sexual desires alone, it would have been awful. I assume Mr Quinn did likewise during those times.  Jill would die if derkwad was away from her for 6 months or more at a time. 

• Love 23

Publications like People and US Weekly have picked up Jill's blog. Since they aren't on the show anymore, what's the PR angle for this? Derek is trying to embarrass the Duggars by having Jill talk about sex? 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I'm studying for an huge exam Tuesday and I take a break to this? THIS? Jill Dillard telling me to wash my skanky pussy before my husband gets home, tackle him in the driveway like a starving dog, suck up every possible oxygen molecule between you, be his sole social outlet, then lock my starving, untried kids in their room, chained to their beds, and fuck like awkward virgins all night long. Ugh...

This whole thing reads like Jill asking Derick to pay attention to all the things she does for him. He won't. "3 or 4 times a week" is the new "More in love than ever". I still think Benessa is most likely to divorce some day...but now I think Jerrck will too.

Everyone's responses have been great. Back to the books.

giphy.gif

@JoanArc you’re so funny, I was laughing so hard I had tears running down my face 😂 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

If he’s getting some that often and still manages to be such a grumpy putz, that doesn’t bode well for the future.

It's not the quantity, it's the quality...ew. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Was Jilly giving up the muffin 4x/week when she has been big pregnant? I can see Derelict demanding sex like that.

He probably couldn't figure out how. ewwwwww 

Damn you, N, I can never look at a muffin of ANY type ever again. You've spoiled blueberry muffins for me for life! 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Well  I can only assume that it’s thanks to Jill and her buying lingerie online advice, but the ads I see on this page have changed from cheap-ass oversized clothing to cheap-ass sleazy lingerie that I do NOT need to be looking at.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 20
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Was Jilly giving up the muffin 4x/week when she has been big pregnant? I can see Derelict demanding sex like that.

I can't. 

There's a screenshot of Jill replying to someone on Twitter? Instagram? (not sure). She says something to the effect of she loves sex.  It's floating around the internet if you care to look for it. I wouldn't be surprised if Jill is the one who initiates a lot of their intimacy. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I can't. 

There's a screenshot of Jill replying to someone on Twitter? Instagram? (not sure). She says something to the effect of she loves sex.  It's floating around the internet if you care to look for it. I wouldn't be surprised if Jill is the one who initiates a lot of their intimacy. 

Screenshot_20190603-224246_Instagram.thumb.jpg.fe5e0f2850f33cb739c0755b6ae4d515.jpg

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Go to bed ….fresh???Jill's post implies that she was unaware that she needed to shower, wash her face and brush her teeth before going to bed when she was single. I wholeheartedly believe that.

• LOL 8
  • Love 15