Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

This came up in conversation yesterday.  My husband's cousin & wife have gone the missionary route.  They are in England  trying to convert Muslims to Christianity.  

At least they’re trying to convert people who speak English.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I've been following this story as the details have increased. It turns out that the small tribe on the island has had contact with outsiders. Once in the late 1800's, some of the tribe were kidnapped and taken to the mainland where they were exposed them to diseases they had no immunity to. There have been other incidents, but that one was the worse. It's illegal to go on the island now, mostly to protect the tribe from contagion, but missionary boy tried three times. After being chased off twice, he hired a boat to take him back after dark. No outsiders speak the language, and the missionary knowingly broke the law. He brought small gifts and sang songs. (Think Jill and Derick in Danger America.) Anyway, the young man was killed. While I feel sorry for his family, he put everyone in danger with his obsessive mission-venture. Now, apparently, in some quarters, he's the new poster boy for Christian persecution. If Derick reads the news, we should see a comment. 

I’ve been asking this question all over FB (and haven’t gotten any good answers yet), but HOW did he expect to convert them when they DON’T SPEAK ENGLISH?

• Love 20
48 minutes ago, Steff said:

What's up with the death grip on a turkey leg?  Is he planning to use it as a club to bash Jill over the head with it like the caveman he looks like? 

and how the hell can her stove be that dirty when she cooks 95% of their meals in a crockpot? 

It looks like he's angrily holding that leg. What did the turkey do to him?

• Love 7
8 hours ago, bythelake said:

Exactly. He certainly wasn’t a Don Juan. He had little dating experience, but being approved by JB gave him entry into the Duggar empire. 

I don’t think any of the eligible females other than Jill showed any interest in him. Jill went full steam ahead with daddy’s approval.

I've always wondered if Jill would have gone ahead so quickly if Jessa hadn't been courting. Jessa was the "star," but then suddenly Jill's whirlwind courtship took center stage. I could see marrying first out of the sisters being a really big deal in their world! I looooved the Anne of green gables books growing up, and I remember the girls all being green with envy over the first one in their class to get married. A lot of people in today's world can't relate at all; in my small town, most of us actually felt sorry for our first few high school acquaintances to tie the knot. Here we were, going to college and having new experiences, while people who married right after high school generally stayed in our small town, worked minimum wage jobs, and had few options. Nobody was jealous! I'd say maybe, maaaaybe a few people were jealous of the first few married after college, but I still don't remember that being a big deal. Back in Anne's day, though, or the Duggars' present reality, women have little value except for their looks, and little purpose beyond getting married, so the ones "picked first" really ARE generally the most desirable. Of course, this isn't really true, since people like Jana are still single, but I definitely see the Duggars having a more old-timey mindset in this regard. Jill certainly looked forward to the bragging rights she'd get as the first daughter married, as well as being the first to get to plan a wedding. I wonder if she would have taken her time a little more with Derick if Jessa's courtship hadn't existed. 

2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

1) We can add sarcasm to the lengthy list of things he can’t do.

2) I call bullshit on the existence of that offer to begin with.

Asshat.

100%. 

Plus, if the offer did exist, I know plenty of people who could take advantage of it! Businesses, for one, often have multiple TV's. People also might want to buy TV's for each of their 3+ adult children!

• Love 11
58 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I’ve been asking this question all over FB (and haven’t gotten any good answers yet), but HOW did he expect to convert them when they DON’T SPEAK ENGLISH?

Interpretative dances, of course. That worked so well for Derick DoNothing and his tagalongs in Central America. Or maybe it was Jilly's tiny pieces of banana bread.

• Love 17
15 hours ago, bythelake said:

15 hours ago, bythelake said:

Derick’s only purpose was to get in JB’s good graces and snag one of his daughters. Derick was the one who contacted JB and asked to be a prayer partner. The whole thing was contrived. Derick wanted to bask in the glow of the famous teevee Duggar family and reap the rewards without doing any of the work.

IIRC Carhy contacted JB on behalf of her son.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What is it with the Christmas season and Derick? A couple of Christmases ago Tweeting that Santa isn't real. This year calling Black Friday shoppers idiots.

I'm starting to wonder when Derick's dad passed away. Was it during the holidays?

Derick certainly seems hellbent in poisoning others joy of the season. 

It was close to the holidays, Jan. 18, 2008.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Fortunately, the male guard was still sleeping and the female guard was trying to figure out which ground meat to add to her vegetarian lasagna, so neither of them noticed my escape attempt.

@mynextmistake, the bolded part about killed me! Another fantastic installment of will Stewie Sam escape the wraths of hell?

Edited by Madtown
  • Love 21
11 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Plus, if the offer did exist, I know plenty of people who could take advantage of it! Businesses, for one, often have multiple TV's. People also might want to buy TV's for each of their 3+ adult children!

Derelict would never think of giving a good deal as a present like we would.  He's been on the receiving end of grifting for too long.

Great job @mynextmistake.  I hear & picture  Tommy Pickles, the baby from the Rugrats cartoon, when I read your Sam posts. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, SMama said:

IIRC Carhy contacted JB on behalf of her son.

I had no idea that Cathy was involved at all. I thought Derick contacted JB and asked to be his prayer partner, and everything else evolved from there. Thanks for clearing that up.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, magpye29 said:

Derick is holding that drumstick like he wants to beat someone with it.  BTW, does anyone else think it looks improbably small to be a turkey drumstick?  Maybe not, but it's a very odd picture which gives off disturbing vibes.

Naw, Derelict just wants to show off how big his hands are.  You know he's heard those sayings about a man with large hands has a large <whisper> penis. /<whisper>  No delicate little hands on him, no siree.  He's a manly man, and if he holds a turkey leg cave man style, well, it's because he's not the type to gingerly pick up a whole turkey leg with just the tips of his thumb and a couple of fingers and holding his pinkies off to the side like a lady sipping her tea.  He's taken hold of that bird leg and dominated it, showed it who's boss. 

What we don't see is him cutting the meat off the bone and dicing it up, then carefully cleaning the bits out of his braces after eating.  (One of my kids got braces and had to do that after many of her meals.  The last thing you want when you have a mouthful of metal is bad breath from food stuck in the braces or cavities from not keeping your teeth as clean as possible.)

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 14
19 hours ago, awaken said:

I hope so!  

What a gross and pointless photo. Poorly composed as usual. There are so many better ways to show “I love turkey”. 

I agree. Since most of the media that we have consumed for most of our lives has been put together by professionals, we don't necessarily stop to think that composition, story-telling, and editing are all skills -- and not everyone has those talents.

Jill and Derick are public figures with a terrible social media presence. They don't have a coherent long-term narrative that they're portraying; they do a poor job of choosing subjects for their endless posts; they don't take time to compose their thoughts before posting; they don't take time to select and edit their photos and videos; they just barf out an endless stream of pointless, and unpleasant content. Short-term, I suppose there are enough humpers to keep them going, but I hope that Jill has some career plans that she's keeping hidden; Derick is never going to work, and interest in their revolting lifestyle and habits is bound to diminish over time.

• Love 22

Blender Pecan Pie Recipe

Nov 24, 2018 | Recipes | 0 

This is a super easy pecan pie recipe I’ve adapted from my mom’s recipe box that is perfect for this holiday season. My dad’s favorite pie crust recipe can be found here.

2 eggs

2/3 C. sugar

1/2 salt

1 C. white corn syrup

2 T. melted butter

1 t. vanilla

2 C. pecans (don’t dump them all in!)

1 unbaked pie crust (fit to a 9-inch, shallow pie pan)

Put first six ingredients in blender & blend well. Add 1 C. pecans and blend just enough to chop nuts coarsely. Pour into pie crust & place remaining cup of pecan halves on top. Cover entire pie gently with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 min, then uncover and bake until set (about 5-10 min.). Watch the edges so they don’t burn!

80960A23-71F8-4C6A-9926-95F60351A5CC.jpeg

Daddy’s Favorite Flakey Pie Crust

Nov 24, 2018 | Recipes | 1 

This pie crust is the one my mom uses anytime she makes pies for the holidays, and it’s my dad’s favorite!! I remember always asking for the scraps when my mom was making pies so that I could make my own little pie too! The other day I was making a pie and Israel asked me for the extra pieces as I was trimming the edges. <3 It brought back such great memories from my childhood! Enjoy!

Makes 1 pie crust (double for pie with top layer crust)

1 1/3 C. regular flour, sifted

1/2 t. salt

1/2 C. shortening

3 T. ice-cold water (plus a little more if needed)

Combine first 3 ingredients in large mixing bowl. Cut well with pastry cutter. Add ice-cold water. Cut with pastry cutter, thoroughly. (Always cut. Never stir.) If needed add 1-2 more T. water. Dampen counter with wet cloth and lay plastic wrap down. Sprinkle wrap with flour. Shape dough into ball. Roll out on floured plastic wrap, adding sifted flour as needed to keep from sticking. Carefully slide hand under plastic wrap. Invert pie plate over top of pie crust, center it, & flip, position it & peel plastic wrap carefully off. Trim edges, tuck if needed and shape as desired.

BEF4A2F8-A06F-4516-A1C6-15A0AA1C9C2E.jpeg

Daddy’s Favorite Pumpkin Pie

This is my dad’s favorite pie…and maybe his favorite dessert. It’s a must at every holiday and usually there will be a few slices gone between the time we make the pies and the start of the party. lol  Sometimes we even make a whole extra pie just in case it disappears.  Growing up, we’d make as many as 15 of these pies for one holiday dinner! 

2 eggs, slightly beaten

1 (15 oz.) can solid pack pumpkin

3/4 C. sugar

1/2 t. salt

1 t. ground cinnamon

1/2 t. ground ginger

1/4 t. ground cloves

1 (13oz.) can evaporated milk (or 1 2/3 C half & half)

1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust with high fluted edge

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine ingredients and mix or blend well. Pour into pie crust. Bake 15 min. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake 45 min. or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool. Chill in fridge before serving.

5C907232-6AEB-489E-A47F-39DD9742F43D.jpeg

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Blender Pecan Pie Recipe

This is a super easy pecan pie recipe I’ve adapted from my mom’s recipe box that is perfect for this holiday season. My dad’s favorite pie crust recipe can be found here.

2 eggs

2/3 C. sugar

1/2 salt

1 C. white corn syrup

2 T. melted butter

1 t. vanilla

2 C. pecans (don’t dump them all in!)

1 unbaked pie crust (fit to a 9-inch, shallow pie pan)

Put first six ingredients in blender & blend well. Add 1 C. pecans and blend just enough to chop nuts coarsely. Pour into pie crust & place remaining cup of pecan halves on top. Cover entire pie gently with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 min, then uncover and bake until set (about 5-10 min.). Watch the edges so they don’t burn!

80960A23-71F8-4C6A-9926-95F60351A5CC.jpeg

Daddy’s Favorite Flakey Pie Crust

Nov 24, 2018 | Recipes | 1 

This pie crust is the one my mom uses anytime she makes pies for the holidays, and it’s my dad’s favorite!! I remember always asking for the scraps when my mom was making pies so that I could make my own little pie too! The other day I was making a pie and Israel asked me for the extra pieces as I was trimming the edges. <3 It brought back such great memories from my childhood! Enjoy!

Makes 1 pie crust (double for pie with top layer crust)

1 1/3 C. regular flour, sifted

1/2 t. salt

1/2 C. shortening

3 T. ice-cold water (plus a little more if needed)

Combine first 3 ingredients in large mixing bowl. Cut well with pastry cutter. Add ice-cold water. Cut with pastry cutter, thoroughly. (Always cut. Never stir.) If needed add 1-2 more T. water. Dampen counter with wet cloth and lay plastic wrap down. Sprinkle wrap with flour. Shape dough into ball. Roll out on floured plastic wrap, adding sifted flour as needed to keep from sticking. Carefully slide hand under plastic wrap. Invert pie plate over top of pie crust, center it, & flip, position it & peel plastic wrap carefully off. Trim edges, tuck if needed and shape as desired.

BEF4A2F8-A06F-4516-A1C6-15A0AA1C9C2E.jpeg

I'm going to give Jill an "A" on this assignment. Other than the measurement for salt in the pie recipe, she manages to provide coherent measurements for all of the ingredients; she only used the word "dump" once; the final product looks edible; and even the picture of the pie dough looks fine. I personally find the references to "mom" cooking preposterous, but she dropped in a nice mom and dad for the humpers -- Yay Jill!

• Love 22
23 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This picture of Sam is one where he looks like the sweet little genius from @mynextmistake's brilliant stories.    

This first thing I saw when I looked at the way Derrick was holding the turkey leg is it looked like a weapon.  What a strange man.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

What a funny coincidence that Daddy's Favorite Pumpkin Pie recipe is the exact same one word for word as that on the back of a can of Libby's canned pumpkin.  

Raise your hand if anyone is surprised at this. Anyone? Bueller?

• Love 22

Is Jill going grey? Or is it just the light? There is a light streak near her temple and the hair in her up-do looks different than the hair closer to her face which is usually a sign of someone dyeing their hair to conceal the grey (ask me how I know). It's early days yet but sometimes greying can start in your early twenties (again, ask me how I know). Although, most of the Duggars have what in Swedish is referred to as "rat-coloured" hair (mousy?) which could explain it.

And, as others have pointed out, that turkey photo looks like a classic dick pic. I wonder if Derrick is aware and is just doing his usual faux-innocent trolling or if he's genuinely clueless as to how it looks.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

What a funny coincidence that Daddy's Favorite Pumpkin Pie recipe is the exact same one word for word as that on the back of a can of Libby's canned pumpkin.  

Raise your hand if anyone is surprised at this. Anyone? Bueller?

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I saw a better pecan pie recipe on Rachel Ray yesterday.  A bourbon pecan pie.  I might have to try that one out.

When I make pecan pie, I substitute bourbon for the vanilla extract.  When I take the pie out of the oven, I sprinkle some chocolate chips on tbe top  The melted chocolate on top adds a very nice flavor to the pie...

• Love 14
8 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Looks like a dick pic lol. He is making me very uncomfortable!

Derick looks like he has some experience “grabbing the drumstick,” if you know what I mean. Maybe Jill needs to make him watch Jeremy’s infamous sermon. 

• Love 17
7 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

Derick looks like he has some experience “grabbing the drumstick,” if you know what I mean. Maybe Jill needs to make him watch Jeremy’s infamous sermon. 

Please pass the bleach. 🤮

• Love 17

Well, I'm not surprised that since Jim Bob's favorite pie is pumpkin pie, this is the pie they have on Thanksgiving....all 15 of those pies. Why not have some others too, like apple or pecan pie as well? Goes to show you that they serve what Jim Bob likes. I'm shaking my head at this.

On another note, I wonder how many boxes of hair color it takes for Michelle to do her hair? Any guesses?

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Well, I'm not surprised that since Jim Bob's favorite pie is pumpkin pie, this is the pie they have on Thanksgiving....all 15 of those pies. Why not have some others too, like apple or pecan pie as well? Goes to show you that they serve what Jim Bob likes. I'm shaking my head at this.

On another note, I wonder how many boxes of hair color it takes for Michelle to do her hair? Any guesses?

If she keeps at it, probably one. Dye the roots and pull some dye through the rest. I'm guessing there's not a lot of fade from the sun or shampooing since she stays indoors and probably shampoos about as often as her daughters. When her hair was blow dried/straightened it didn't seem nearly as thick as when it's curled.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Yes, no surprise there, since we all know how selfish and dictatorial Jim Bob is. But don't overlook his cheapskate tendencies, either. Pumpkin pie is relatively inexpensive, compared to other kinds of pie, especially if you use the cheapest ingredients you can find. And it's really cheap if you buy your canned pumpkin after the holidays when it's marked down and stick the cans away for next year. I can just see them doing this.

Disclaimer: I'm not knocking pumpkin pie, it's one of my absolute favorites.

2 hours ago, floridamom said:

No matter how much she uses, there's obviously plenty left over for Grandma!

• Love 8