Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

I don’t even get what she’s asking — how is cooking potatoes in a cast iron skillet different than cooking them in a pan? You just put some oil in, season it, put the potatoes in, etc. Same diff except the cast iron is easier to use, since the heat is so steady and well distributed through the pan. It’s made of cast iron, it can withstand basically everything as long as you don’t try to soak it. Not rocket science, but I guess you gotta end the stupid post with a question or the PR flack (Jana?) is going to be pissed. 

• Love 7
On 2/12/2021 at 9:48 AM, BigBingerBro said:

630ljxvwewg61.png

that looks like bugs..insects

On 2/12/2021 at 12:37 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Why can’t she ask her OWN mom for advice on how to cook with cast iron? 

ETA - I just saw all the posts already asking this question!

It doesn't take a ROCKET SCIENTIST to know how to cook in cast iron (maybe because my whole family cooked in it.. and i  do too)

• Love 4
5 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I think she did a good job. She is a child and did it alone. I know adults who can not make bread.

Agreed. The bread my kids make doesn’t always look awesome but it’s great they’re learning and motivated to do something!  At least mackynzie isn’t just getting frozen rolls out of a bag, burning them in the oven, and calling it “making bread”, Duggar style!  🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

Mackynzie is also learning/using a recipe and measuring ingredients at age 10 or 11. I still laugh when I think of at Jana and Jill shown on TV trying to figure out how to measure for Minute Rice./instant rice. directions on the box and they had no clue.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

OK, OK, I'll stop ripping on the under baked bread.  I also think it's great she can do something like that without any help.  I also loved baking at her age and I would make bread as well as cinnamon rolls, biscuits, dinner rolls.  And no they didn't always turn out perfectly either.

• Love 4

Yeast bread is hard! I like to bake, and actually just made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting all from scratch this afternoon, to celebrate Valentine’s. But I cannot time bread proofing to save my life. Now that I have a bread machine, I can make all my bread at home, but before that...forget it! Mac’s bread isn’t perfect, but considering how precise the timing has to be with yeast bread, I think it turned out pretty well. Probably better than I could do 😅

Anna puts up a very good front. Her kids look clean, they usually have beautiful hairstyles and fashionable clothes, she bakes tarts and fancy things like that... and then you see they live in a windowless warehouse and she’s married to disgraced, long term unemployed, disturbing Josh. WTF is life in that household really like?!

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

Yeast bread isn't that hard, you just need practice to learn how it behaves. It took me about 6 months of concentrated effort to get it right after my idiot brother proved to be a fabulous baker and I was not having that. So I got it right, and this was also my downfall during quarentine. Though my homemade puff pastry was to die for but I won't do that again ever, too much temptation.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Jim Bob needs to pay for M’s braces 

Unless of course he doesn’t want to

Anna is aging in dog years 

Married to sex pest, who wouldn't? Add to that babies, babies, babies...... 

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
33 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

As Mechelle reminded us, "Don't worry, it doesn't last long." 😂

I think the context was that she was counseling her daughters to always be “joyfully available” to their husbands.

• Love 7