Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

Just now, cmr2014 said:

How about -- NO MORE KIDS! I almost never read this thread, but when there's a lot of activity, I think there might be another "blessing" so I take a look.

Anna is, IMO, one of the better mothers in this horror show, but she's got enough kids. Even a good mother with the best of intentions can only handle so many children. Six is more than enough. This gene pool is already way over-represented in the US gene pool; give it a rest.

Edited by cmr2014
I managed to quote myself. It's not worth reading twice.
  • Love 6
On 3/26/2021 at 3:41 PM, Heathen said:

Matilda (or Mattie)

Actually, I had some friends who had a daughter last month.  Her name is Matilda Rose, and she’s called Mattie.  Little Mattie’s father, grandfather, great grandfather and probably great-great and great-great-great grandfathers were named Matthew, and she is named after all of them

• Love 9
6 hours ago, floridamom said:

In this recent episode, Anna looked as big as a house. There's no hiding it.

To be honest, it looked more like a large weight gain than pregnancy to me. It was just sort of all over, including a new double chin. And I can't blame her, I can see why she'd 1. stress-eat 2. feel a compulsion to look as "unattractive" as possible so that Josh will leave her the hell alone. But I am also terrible at spotting pregnancies, so it probably is one and I'm just a doofus.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, rue721 said:

To be honest, it looked more like a large weight gain than pregnancy to me. It was just sort of all over, including a new double chin. And I can't blame her, I can see why she'd 1. stress-eat 2. feel a compulsion to look as "unattractive" as possible so that Josh will leave her the hell alone. But I am also terrible at spotting pregnancies, so it probably is one and I'm just a doofus.

She probably doesn't want JoshUa to leave her alone. She's the one who wants tons of kids.  Josh didn't want more than 2 or 3. I remember that interview. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

She probably doesn't want JoshUa to leave her alone. She's the one who wants tons of kids.  Josh didn't want more than 2 or 3. I remember that interview. 

She has also been indoctrinated into the Gothard rule that any bad behavior on the husband's part is due to the wife and she has to be joyfully available at all times or he will stray again.  

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

She has also been indoctrinated into the Gothard rule that any bad behavior on the husband's part is due to the wife and she has to be joyfully available at all times or he will stray again.  

She probably even believes the part about how God will look kindly on both her and Josh despite their sins and reward them in heaven if they do the everything they can while living in the tin warehouse to increase Jesus's army....by a battalion, at least....preferably a regiment. 

I'll bet she's worrying about this one, too, when she looks at Kendra. TEN YEARS YOUNGER and already with half as many kids as Anna. Talk about the competition gaining on you. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

I don't they they ever loved each other. I fully believe Anna loves JoshUa and her family,  but I don't think Josh saw past getting laid. I think the love is one directional.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, rue721 said:

I agree that it could just be weight gain. Many, many people struggle with keeping their abdomen trim and Anna has had 6 babies. 

She could be pregnant given that Maryella is a year old. She also could be pregnant and most of the weight is still from weight gain. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

Having a 7th baby in a warehouse with a loser husband who has no apparent source of income except handouts from Daddy. That’s living the dream right there. 

1F199453-FA94-4844-9F46-3939675867C8.jpeg

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Why are they in the weeds???

They're fundies having a photo taken.  Even more so one to announce a pregnancy.  Weeds are for some reason required along with one or more participants in wheat or beige clothing.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Absolom said:

They're fundies having a photo taken.  Even more so one to announce a pregnancy.  Weeds are for some reason required along with one or more participants in wheat or beige clothing.  

Jackson forgot to cut the lawn. 😁

I'm sure they only had to travel a matter of yards from the warehouse front door to make the announcement.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Forget her pants, what in the world are the boys wearing? Ill fitting and an heinous color, they look a mess. 

They also forgot a basic rule with boys and photos - keep your hands OUT of your pockets.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yes, it was in the pregnancy/sex announcement post. I saw it and made note of it above. 

Wow. I wonder what someone asked to get that response!  

• Love 3

I know she is pregnant, but I'm not sure her weight gain is entirely pregnancy related .I think Anna has mostly just gained weight and like a lot of people she gains weight in her stomach, especially after 6 kids. 

As for Josh, that's a bad picture. 

• Useful 1