Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

“Diligent worker” sounds like a 16 year old who shows up to their grocery store bagging job* on time, not an adult. And certainly not an adult with 7 children. Interesting that Anna didn’t give even a hint of what he does, which she could have done in a vague way without naming the employer. C’mon Anna, we know he works for JB, doing anything JB tells him to do. 

(*That was the job all of my friends had in high school back in the days before the internet.)

• Love 22

I don't think the previous pictures were all pregnancy then if Anna is due in the fall. The infamous screen shot of Anna at Henry's party was in February. If Anna is due in the fall, then she would have been barely pregnant at that time. 

I wonder if more of the trend these days is to announce the pregnancy when they know the gender? That seemed to happen here and I believe Joy did that as well with Evelyn.

I think Anna's response to the commenter was classy, even if the commenter was bordering on rude (even if there may have been a part truth to her question). Jessa should take notes. 

• Love 6

I'm guessing M7 is due in August/September, even though Anna said Fall. She would have been 2 - 3 months pregnant at Henry's birthday. 

I'm a little surprised she wore a fitted sweater so early into her pregnancy though. He mid-section must have been some 7th baby, baby weight combined with a little extra weight. Her abs probably aren't the strongest either.

• Love 10

I shouldn't be surprised when they announce another pregnancy and yet, I still am. And my first thought was not charitable, it was "you idiots." They are adding another baby to a warehouse living situation, with a father who has no discernible job and is an accused molester, a mother who is basically a doormat, and a herd of children who are looking at a future with very little to no education. What a bleak picture. 

• Love 19

JB had better stay alive and sleazily working for a long time. 

And here's hoping quite a few other Duggarlings are less enthusiastic breeders than Anna. 

(Note to Josh: for the love of God, sneak out and get yourself snipped. When the babies stop appearing, you can just suggest that the two of you are apparently moving into your somewhat less fertile years.) 

I doubt Josh will ever be as adept as JB at getting into a crowd of cronies who'll support each other's cash-raising enterprises..[Translation: I don't think he has a chance in hell of being able to do this.]  Also doubt that many -- or any -- of the Duggarlings and adjacents of Generation Two will be of much use when it comes to providing cash and go-fer employment to the Duggarlings and adjacents of upcoming Generation Three.

And since Generation Two has been largely dependent for all their livelihoods on getting these services from JB and his various connections, from the fast-dwindling Gothard empire and elsewhere -- together with random moneys gathered together because of TeeVee fame -- that will likely leave Generation Three pretty screwed. Not a great outlook for the babies they love announcing. 

Those babies won't be famous.

And making a decent living after you've been really poorly homeschooled and brainwashed to disdain any other education and training depends on having some close contacts who are able to supply you with a paycheck. Hard for me to imagine Joshley (or most of his siblings) having significant connections that can or will be doing this for this upcoming crowd either....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13
31 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

And Anna found it.

I knew that was coming.

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Note to Josh: for the love of God, sneak out and get yourself snipped. When the babies stop appearing, you can just suggest that the two of you are apparently moving into your somewhat less fertile years.) 

That's not happening. Between what he's been indoctrinated with and being a jerk who wants to keep his wife under his control, he'll keep her pumping them out until she's no longer able to.

• Love 2

Anna posted a pic of the baby girl cousin line-up... wonder if Jinger and Jer are OK with that?

Also the thing Anna is "more curious" about in the caption is whether Jessa will have a girl, too.

image.png.faa0318e8af5512e92d5c4a643340fe7.png

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Useful 5
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

(Note to Josh: for the love of God, sneak out and get yourself snipped. When the babies stop appearing, you can just suggest that the two of you are apparently moving into your somewhat less fertile years.) 

Sing it!!!  Also would someone please invent a birth control pill for men.  Make it blue, too, so they can confuse people on what they're taking.  

• LOL 11
  • Love 8

In less than two months, JB and M will have two grandbabies aged in the double digits. Another generation moving fast as heck toward Duggar Academy "Graduation." In his teens, Pop Joshley wanted to be a lawyer! 

What will Gen Three's ambitions be? Will they have plans?  Will they want anything that their parents and aunts and uncles have never seemed to want?

Who will hand Michael a pretend job like his father and uncles have? I doubt that his father has any manual-labor-type skills, so who'll take his kid on as an apprentice? Or will the Generation Two Duggarlings who have real estate licenses (that they don't seem to have really used much) tutor him along that line?

Will Kynzie want to be a wife and mother only, just like all the other female Duggarlings before her? Will there be any hesitation among the Gothardiite crowd in marrying kids off to Joshley offspring? Do Josh and Anna have another crowd outside of Gothardom where their kids can locate mates? 

They just seem to be heading into adolescence super trapped -- and likely without some of the prospects and fallbacks Duggarlings Gen Two had, as Gothard world dwindles and another tv show won't be in the offing. So surely this group will start making a break for it.....Because if not....Hard for me to see how expectations won't just keep dropping....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10

Evangeline is adorable. I don't blame anyone for keeping their kids off social media, but it's too bad we can't see more of her.

I feel like Felicity is the more refined, less-potato-ish version of Ivy. 

The rest of the lineup is cute but so interchangeable. I can't tell one from the next. 

Josh diligently provides for his family? If cashing Boob's monthly check is "providing" then whatever you say, Anna.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Anna posted a pic of the baby girl cousin line-up... wonder if Jinger and Jer are OK with that?

Also the thing Anna is "more curious" about in the caption is whether Jessa will have a girl, too.

Can someone name the girls in order? I can't tell who is who. I think it starts on the left with Evangeline, Felicity, Ivy? Then I get lost, lol.

Edited by emma675d
  • Love 9
59 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Was this taken a the Justin/Claire nuptials? Brooklyn looks brand new.

Anna says, adding one more girl in the fall. Does that mean Jessa is having a boy?

Jessa doesn't announce ahead of time. She doesn't know or isn't saying. She's curious to see if they will be 11 girls and counting in the fall. Also maybe Lauren and/or Abbie is having another baby in the Fall. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Can someone name the girls in order? I can't tell who is who. I think it starts on the left with Evangeline, Felicity, Ivy? Then I get lost, lol.

I think

Evy, Felicity, Ivy, Addison, Bella, Mary, Gracie, Evelyn, Brooklyn 

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

38 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Evy, Felicity, Ivy, Addison, Bella, Mary, Gracie, Evelyn, Brooklyn 

With the exception of the two infants, they're also in birth order. And Addison, Bella and Mella were all born in November. Felicity's the only one born in 2018, Ivy through Bella in 2019, Gracie, Evelyn and EJ in 2020 and Brooklyn in 2021.

• Useful 6
5 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I wonder if more of the trend these days is to announce the pregnancy when they know the gender?

More and more people are finding out gender via blood test instead of waiting for the 20 week ultrasound, so at 12 weeks, which is the “standard” announcement time, many already know the gender. I think the earliest you can test for gender now is 8 or 9 weeks. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Jessa doesn't announce ahead of time. She doesn't know or isn't saying. She's curious to see if they will be 11 girls and counting in the fall. Also maybe Lauren and/or Abbie is having another baby in the Fall. 

Jessa also holds out on announcing the name right away because she thinks, you know, we care and all. The suspense is riveting. Apparently.

• LOL 23

4 minutes ago, quarks said:

I like that the two oldest girls in that picture (Felicity and Ivy? It's very hard to keep track) are showing so much ARE YOU KIDDING ME feelings here. 

Ha! Honestly, none of them look very impressed or happy, other than Maryella. Maybe we can hope for a Duggar granddaughter revolt someday. They'll have the numbers...

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Jessa also holds out on announcing the name right away because she thinks, you know, we care and all. The suspense is riveting. Apparently.

Now she’s going to hold out the gender as long as possible after birth for the attention. It’s all she has to one-up people. I can see her posting a baby was born but nothing else for a week or two.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Evangeline is adorable. I don't blame anyone for keeping their kids off social media, but it's too bad we can't see more of her.

I feel like Felicity is the more refined, less-potato-ish version of Ivy. 

The rest of the lineup is cute but so interchangeable. I can't tell one from the next. 

Josh diligently provides for his family? If cashing Boob's monthly check is "providing" then whatever you say, Anna.

Which one is Evangeline?

Up until maybe six or eight months ago, I could name all the Duggar Grands pretty much by sight. But either my mind is going or they have just blasted the grandbaby train into the stratosphere, because, looking at that photo, I can't even remember which kid belongs to which family, never mind what their names are. Just like @emma675said, once you get beyond Evy, Felicity and Ivy in that photo, I'm completely lost.

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Up until maybe six or eight months ago, I could name all the Duggar Grands pretty much by sight. But either my mind is going or they have just blasted the grandbaby train into the stratosphere, because, looking at that photo, I can't even remember which kid belongs to which family, never mind what their names are. Just like @emma675said, once you get beyond Evy, Felicity and Ivy in that photo, I'm completely lost.

With the exception of Evy Jo, they're arranged chronologically. Not that's any help identifying all those babies born in 11/19. Maryella looks like a linebacker compared to her same-aged cousins.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

This honestly makes me mad. They have no income and no prospects, live in a warehouse, and eat scraps from the TTH and they're having another baby. This is the problem with having no agency. Anna isn't concerned about any of this -- it's not her problem. She is "joyfully available" to her husband, and when she gets pregnant it's just "God's will." She is 100% passive in her own life, and 100% passive about her children's future because it's just not her problem.

All those pesky decisions are the responsibility of men and of God, and she's just an empty vessel. She'll live her whole life without ever taking responsibility for anything that she's done or any of the choices she's made. Of course, this is the message that she's received her whole life, so it's no surprise she's internalized it, but it's still sad to think of another child coming into this dumpster fire . . .

• Love 17
5 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I know, right?  I just had to Google Addison Duggar to see who she belonged to!

• LOL 9
1 minute ago, Quof said:

Good god, do they wash all of their clothing in hot water with bleach?  Why are none of those children wearing a colour?  

It's evidently the Duggar clan signature- weeds and oatmeal/any overgrown field and washed out clothing. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Note to Josh: for the love of God, sneak out and get yourself snipped. When the babies stop appearing, you can just suggest that the two of you are apparently moving into your somewhat less fertile years.

I'll bet that secretly Josh would love to be able to get a vasectomy. He clearly doesn't want more children and I doubt if he has any religious scruples about it. But even though he's always been "sly", he'd never be able to get away with it. First of all, how would he pay for it? I doubt if he has any health insurance and even if he does, he'd never dare leave a paper trail that would reveal he'd gotten snipped. And I'm sure that he's not allowed to handle any large amounts of cash. While Jesus may have forgiven Josh, I doubt if Jim Bob will ever trust Josh as far as he could throw him. Jim Bob probably keeps him on a very tight allowance, paying their bills himself and dribbling out tiny amounts of cash as needed. 

And ever since his fall from grace, Josh has virtually been under house arrest. Jim Bob and Michelle may have relaxed their idiotic rules somewhat for the other children, but I don't believe Josh is ever allowed to set foot outside the compound without Jim Bob knowing exactly where 's going and without a accountability partner, one that JB would absolutely trust to never let Josh out of sight. Even Anna (who knows which side her bread is buttered on) would rat Josh out to his father in a heartbeat if she thought he was even contemplating something like a vasectomy.

• Love 16

And to my knowledge, unless he goes to some Dr who would do it on the sly, he couldn't get snipped without Anna's knowledge, because she'd have to sign a paper acknowledging that she knows he's getting snipped. 

• Useful 1
14 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

And to my knowledge, unless he goes to some Dr who would do it on the sly, he couldn't get snipped without Anna's knowledge, because she'd have to sign a paper acknowledging that she knows he's getting snipped. 

I'm not sure that's true these days.  It might possibly have been so a decade or more ago.  With medical privacy laws, a doctor wouldn't be able to tell Anna whether he'd had one or not much less have her sign knowing it was going to be done. 

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I'm not sure that's true these days.  It might possibly have been so a decade or more ago.  With medical privacy laws, a doctor wouldn't be able to tell Anna whether he'd had one or not much less have her sign knowing it was going to be done. 

When Mr.Madtown had one about 20 years ago, we both had to have a meeting with the doctor beforehand and we both had to answer whether we were sure that I didn't want children(we have none and planned that). I was asked again for myself if this is what I wanted. I also had to sign papers. Like you said, not sure what the rules are today.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

There's no legal requirement for spousal consent for a vasectomy or tubal ligation. However private practices can have their own policies. That being said, Josh could always sneak off to *gasp* Planned Parenthood. I doubt they have a spousal consent policy.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Madtown said:

When Mr.Madtown had one about 20 years ago, we both had to have a meeting with the doctor beforehand and we both had to answer whether we were sure that I didn't want children(we have none and planned that). I was asked again for myself if this is what I wanted. I also had to sign papers. Like you said, not sure what the rules are today.

I had my tubes tied decades ago and yes there was a meeting, paperwork, and even a waiting period!  Thank goodness that's all gone out the window.  

14 minutes ago, scriggle said:

There's no legal requirement for spousal consent for a vasectomy or tubal ligation. However private practices can have their own policies. That being said, Josh could always sneak off to *gasp* Planned Parenthood. I doubt they have a spousal consent policy.

Private practices still have to follow patient confidentiality laws though. 

Now that would be something wouldn't it?  After the Duggar attitude, I'd love for one of the offspring to use any of their services, but Josh would be my first choice.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 7

Honestly, I don't think it matters to Josh any more. He wanted to have a smaller family when he was a young man with hopes for his future. He wanted to have his own life, and his own career, and his own home. He wanted to go to college and law school and was probably expecting to put his children through college.

He has no future now. He's back at the TTH for good. He won't be going to college. His kids won't be going to college. The only thing he can do to improve his standing at the TTH is to have more kids, and Anna wants to have more kids, so they'll have more kids.

• Love 8

I don't remember having to sign any papers or even having to meet with the doctor when my husband went to get his done about 7 years ago.  I was there with him for the initial meeting just because I could go and wanted to know about the recovery time and figuring out when was best to schedule for babysitters (and yeah he could have done all of that but being honest I am the planner and keeper of schedules in this house so it's just easier if I am hearing it first hand).  But I don't remember it being a big thing they dr was like ok this is what I have available.  Now maybe because he knew we had 3 kids already, but there wasn't any waiting period or papers to sign on my part.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Here's how we know for sure that there are no laws on the books anywhere in the U.S.  that ever required spousal consent for vasectomies .... and that all these consent forms came out of the medical profession and its lawyers....as an attempt to head off angry lawsuits from pissed-off wives and maybe from feminists seeking equal treatment of men and women and so on -- 

Legislators across the country have been overwhelmingly male forever and ever.

And a bunch of men would never have even written a bill requiring that men get their wives' consent for something they wanted to do with their sexual organs, let alone passed any such laws.

I'm pretty sure that even male legislators who believe in a quiverfull patriarchy probably wouldn't introduce such legislation -- because even they would be loath to make any man get his wife's written permission for anything. 

(Not so for situations in which the sexes are reversed, of course.)

I don't think Josh cares any more, though. I agree that this is now his only way to continually please JB and M......

I'm appalled that those two can be so wrapped up in their own personal heavenly rewards for having offspring as numerous as the stars that they're utterly unconcerned about the long-term futures of said offspring. But I guess I'm not surprised by it either. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16