Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

51 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I don't remember Michelle doing Weight Watchers. Did they advertise it?

They did. They talked about it during the 17 kids days. Jana would go to meetings with her. I think Michelle joined right after her pregnancy with Jackson or Johannah. 

24 minutes ago, Quof said:

Josh left home long before there were 19 kids.  And, as the second oldest male in the household, he would have been served second.  

Yes this is accurate. Growing up I don’t doubt Josh had enough to eat. I think Anna is a good cook and now Josh can eat WHATEVER he wants, combined with emotional eating has caused his weight gain. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

They did. They talked about it during the 17 kids days. Jana would go to meetings with her. I think Michelle joined right after her pregnancy with Jackson or Johannah. 

Even Jim Bob and his man boobs did it. Jana was a teenager, and not fat. F them for singling her out.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Even Jim Bob and his man boobs did it. Jana was a teenager, and not fat. F them for singling her out.

I don't know if Jana went with Michelle to work the program, or because she was Michelle's "accountability partner" and it was a chance for her to get out of the house and spend some 1:1 time with her Mom. But yes Jana has always been slim.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don't know if Jana went with Michelle to work the program, or because she was Michelle's "accountability partner" and it was a chance for her to get out of the house and spend some 1:1 time with her Mom. But yes Jana has always been slim.

Been a long time sice I saw it, but Jana was on the program IIRC.

• Love 1
On 1/6/2021 at 10:40 AM, Kellyee said:

Is it odd that Josh Duggar is the only one out of 19 siblings who is seriously overweight? Usually obesity runs in families, either through genetics or learned eating habits. But Josh is the only one. And for all the Duggars' other faults, they have some pretty good genes. No serious illness or disability within a family of 19 kids has to be rare.

Part of that is age. Josh is 30 something. A large part of his siblings are still at least a decade younger than him. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Temperance said:

Part of that is age. Josh is 30 something. A large part of his siblings are still at least a decade younger than him. 

He's prediabetic, perhaps diagnosed DMII by now. They're all going to have bad chronic health conditions given their lifestyles

Edited by JoanArc
8 hours ago, Temperance said:

I think that Jed and Jer most resemble Josh in body type and are the most likely to balloon up like has in the years ahead.

• Love 3
On 1/5/2021 at 10:33 PM, BigBingerBro said:

But it's Joanna Gaines!!  Second in line from their holy Savior.

And think about all the sight words he will learn...."EAT" , "GATHER" , "FAMILY" , LAUGH" , "KITCHEN".                                                        

And he'll know all the synonyms for beige.                                      

It's the new Sesame Street.

Edited by drafan
  • LOL 17
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, drafan said:

And think about all the sight words he will learn...."EAT" , "GATHER" , "FAMILY" , LAUGH" , "KITCHEN".                                                        

And he'll know all the synonyms for beige.                                      

It's the new Sesame Street.

Cue the hilarity when he tries to say shiplap.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
On 1/8/2021 at 3:42 PM, GeeGolly said:

Joanna Gaines is now doing cooking shows. Maybe their diets will improve. Or maybe not.

Not based on the previews I’ve seen. 
(Off topic: WTH did Joanna do to her face?  That’s some bad plastic surgery.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, irisheyes said:

Not based on the previews I’ve seen. 

Joanna's eyes look especially pulled. 

I saw part of one cooking show. I don't get her at all. She's aloof, bordering on snotty. I don't see how anyone, let alone the fundies, could like her. I know they love her because it's known that they attend a hate church, but I didn't hear any religion brought onto the cooking show. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Joanna's eyes look especially pulled. 

I saw part of one cooking show. I don't get her at all. She's aloof, bordering on snotty. I don't see how anyone, let alone the fundies, could like her. I know they love her because it's known that they attend a hate church, but I didn't hear any religion brought onto the cooking show. 

She's never talked much about her religious beliefs, especially the hate ones. 

Most fundies seem snobby to me. They're holier than thou, their family is unique and precious unlike everyone else's, etc. Anna has some of that even with how her life is going. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
17 hours ago, irisheyes said:

I know we're talking about this in the wrong place but I'm just happy to see it brought up!  I didn't think it was her face but that she's lost waaaaaay too much weight.  She does not look good.  

• Love 1
On 1/7/2021 at 4:17 PM, ginger90 said:

The second picture shows she also posted this on Parler.

9D4E631F-D9F4-467F-9DEE-F176A2270314.jpeg

DB55F5F2-63C0-433B-9D2C-2BC10B63559C.jpeg

There's a girl-child showing her bare knees in the reading pic.  No leggings, no tights.  A sign of impending Armageddon?

• LOL 6
4 minutes ago, leighdear said:

There's a girl-child showing her bare knees in the reading pic.  No leggings, no tights.  A sign of impending Armageddon?

Maybe she thought it was offset by the fact that the girls are reading a book by Rush Limbaugh. 😒

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

Oh yeah.  Hush Bimbo is the one who had one of his flunkies buy him painkillers on the street.  

1 hour ago, jacourt said:

Oh yes,  he is such an icon of morality.

But of course!  Godly Anna would never let her kids read anything written by anyone but a (piss-poor) super-duper icon of morality!

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

That makes me happy. (To clarify, that he has to buy it, not that he does. I’d rather not think about his sex life at all.)

I wonder if Anna know how many times he's been married.

• LOL 8
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

fhihrgymj7b61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Oof. I don't know what kid that is but he ("he" judging by the fact that the kid is allowed to wear clothing appropriate for the activity and there is no giant bow) is not cute.

• LOL 3
On 1/11/2021 at 7:26 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Oh yeah.  Hush Bimbo is the one who had one of his flunkies buy him painkillers on the street.  

But of course!  Godly Anna would never let her kids read anything written by anyone but a (piss-poor) super-duper icon of morality!

Maybe Rush reminds Anna of Josh, they're both fat hypocrites full of hot air. 

• LOL 14
On 1/12/2021 at 12:18 AM, leighdear said:

It's a cute picture, but it makes me sad that these kids are fed all of this ultra-conservative crap from such a young age. There are so many great books and they're reading one by Rush Limbaugh? The American Girl books about the American Revolution would be great for them. A quick look at amazon showed me plenty of other books that are about real history, not written with a political lean. 

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I wonder if the people in Discovery shows get Discovery +? I mean nobody in that family works so does Bloob pay for extras like streaming services? So many little questions.

I think its likely JB doles out a stipend for Josh and Anna to live on, and they decide how to spend it as they see fit. As in they get x dollars per month, and if they want to spend y amount on entertainment (including streaming) thats something they decide. Not that I think JB isnt interesting in controlling his kids, but thats a lot of mental energy to manage every single little purchase for every household. So monthly stipend for everyone- and if something big comes up (like one of the boys wants to buy another car he asks JB).

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think its likely JB doles out a stipend for Josh and Anna to live on, and they decide how to spend it as they see fit. As in they get x dollars per month, and if they want to spend y amount on entertainment (including streaming) thats something they decide. Not that I think JB isnt interesting in controlling his kids, but thats a lot of mental energy to manage every single little purchase for every household. So monthly stipend for everyone- and if something big comes up (like one of the boys wants to buy another car he asks JB).

What about all those plane/aviation expenses?  It can't be cheap to maintain and fly mutliple planes and the certification/licensing for multiple howlers and now there is a rumor Jana is working on her license as well.  An investment in a Godly team of pilots for the Duggae Empire?

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

What about all those plane/aviation expenses?  It can't be cheap to maintain and fly mutliple planes and the certification/licensing for multiple howlers and now there is a rumor Jana is working on her license as well.  An investment in a Godly team of pilots for the Duggae Empire?

Sacking areas after major disasters must fill the gap.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Taking my response to the JB & Michelle thread. 

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

It’s Maryella. Anna hashtags everything.

DFC33283-19EE-43F2-BF33-077153FE1B3C.jpeg

I think she's cute, in a well-fed sort of way.  I'm just happy to see her in warm clothes without the hindrance of a stupid dress or head bow.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Oof. I don't know what kid that is but he ("he" judging by the fact that the kid is allowed to wear clothing appropriate for the activity and there is no giant bow) is not cute.

THat's Maryella, she is the youngest. Mason would be much bigger he was born in 2017. 

3 minutes ago, louannems said:

I think she's cute, in a well-fed sort of way.  I'm just happy to see her in warm clothes without the hindrance of a stupid dress or head bow.

Yeah me too.

• Love 3

Shut up, Anna. You don't care what I have been up to or how I am doing or what "gems" 2020 provided me, you just want  a response to your phony post. Go talk to your beloved swine JoshUa , get pregnant if you aren't already and continue convincing yourself your life is perfect.

Missing Parler, are you ?

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Anna's last four kids have had the "Pa Keller" look as babies/ toddlers to various degrees. and the older three have turned out OK, so I'm sure Maryella will do likewise. She looks a lot like Meredith did, and now Meredith is one of the cutest grandkids. 

• Love 3