Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Temperance said:

Maybe one of the kids added the extra e as a joke. 

When we were kids, we used to turn pictures upside down, set the silverware upside down on the table, among other things,  and then waited to see how long it took my mother to notice. 

• LOL 14
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

ocj3cqq01sc61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I think that is Meredith lying on the arm of the couch.  She is 5 years old and I am sure she is utterly fascinated with the story of a young black man growing up to attend medical school and become a neurosurgeon; and, I presume, get born again at some point. And, then give it all up to run for president and end up in the cabinet.  Just the sort of movie 5 year olds love.  

If Anna is going to let her kids watch TV despite bragging about being unplugged, then perhaps she might find some film choices that are more interesting to a 5 year old.  I presume The Little Mermaid is out because she bares her sluttish shoulders and has the audacity to love to sing secular songs; but there has to be something out there that the kids would enjoy more than the Ben Carson biopic.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 22

I don’t know Cuba gooding’s personal beliefs, but I wonder how thrilled he is to be tagged by a fundamentalist nut job!  Like Jeremy tagging Eddie vedder thinking he was cool to quote him. 

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, awaken said:

I don’t know Cuba gooding’s personal beliefs, but I wonder how thrilled he is to be tagged by a fundamentalist nut job!  Like Jeremy tagging Eddie vedder thinking he was cool to quote him. 

A quick look at Gooding's wiki page indicates that if he has any religious beliefs, they aren't front and center. He has a lot of allegations against him of a sexual nature. 😮

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

A quick look at Gooding's wiki page indicates that if he has any religious beliefs, they aren't front and center. He has a lot of allegations against him of a sexual nature. 😮

Just like sex pest Joshy poo.

I am sad that Cuba turned out to be a sex pest!

3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

ocj3cqq01sc61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Well, Anna, Cinema Snob hasn't reviewed it on his channel so no. Anyone who doesn't watch Youtube Cinema Snob reviews a ton of movies especially crappy Christian movies that Fundies love like War Room and stuff and picks them apart while being really funny and sarcastic. Unlike most Fundies he knows a lot about Christianity and the Bible. If a movie even one of the Christian ones is good he'll say it was and comment on great acting and stuff. But his best is when he's snarking on the bad Christian films. They are hilarious.  

14 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Just like sex pest Joshy poo.

I am sad that Cuba turned out to be a sex pest!

Me too.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Did Rush Limbaugh make any kids movies/cartoons? Anna would approve those.

The kids did not enjoy that movie.

Finding Nemo is okay for a 5 year old.

Nemo is out there swimming around with a girl fish, Dory, without an accountability partner.  No bueno on Finding Nemo, either.

And, of course, all those slutty Disney princesses kiss their prince BEFORE he puts a ring on it!  Then, both Sleeping Beauty and Snow White got kissed while they were asleep, which is something Anna's hubby can relate to, having molested his sisters while they slept.  Almost the same thing-except not.  Maybe Anna could use those as cautionary tales.

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

And Bruce Springsteen

Who, aside from being a sinning rock'n roller, was raised Catholic and, although he doesn't actively practice these days; has repeatedly spoken about his faith and written songs about it, too.  As he said in his Broadway show, 'Once a Catholic, always a Catholic' speaking about the parish that was the center of his neighborhood growing up and where he returns every now and then to remember that time.  He also ends his show asking the audience to say the Lord's Prayer with him- the Catholic version.

Somehow, I think Bruce would not be flattered that Jeremy knows his music, nor would he respect Jeremy's intolerance of Catholics.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 13
46 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Who, aside from being a sinning rock'n roller, was raised Catholic and, although he doesn't actively practice these days; has repeatedly spoken about his faith and written songs about it, too.  As he said in his Broadway show, 'Once a Catholic, always a Catholic' speaking about the parish that was the center of his neighborhood growing up and where he returns every now and then to remember that time.  He also ends his show asking the audience to say the Lord's Prayer with him- the Catholic version.

Somehow, I think Bruce would not be flattered that Jeremy knows his music, nor would he respect Jeremy's intolerance of Catholics.

Bruce is so Catholic it hurts.  He is also pro-union and pro-BLM.  I would love to sit Jeremy down and make him listen to a stripped down version of Born in the USA followed by American Skin and the entire Wrecking Ball album.  

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Bruce is so Catholic it hurts.  He is also pro-union and pro-BLM.  I would love to sit Jeremy down and make him listen to a stripped down version of Born in the USA followed by American Skin and the entire Wrecking Ball album.  

Yep, Bruce's beliefs are the antithesis of everything Jeremy stands for.  And, despite the fact that he's more than twice Jeremy's age, we all know The Boss could beat the snot out of him with one hand tied behind his back.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 21
35 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Yep, Bruce's beliefs are the antithesis of everything Jeremy stands for.  And, despite the fact that he's more than twice Jeremy's age, we all know The Boss could beat the snot out of him with one hand tied behind his back.

I'd pay to see that!  

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Bruce wouldn't need to lift a finger, that's what Little Stevie or Tom Morollo are for.  I would also pay to watch Jeremy attempt to debate Tom.

• Love 8

Every time I see this thread at the top of the pile, I think Anna has announced another "blessing" 😱

If Mr. Springsteen just threw a disapproving look in his direction, Jeremy would wither away. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

It’s Laura per post with Instagram. Is this from TTH? Nice big TV in Anna’s post with the cat. Which allegedly is Meechelle’s.

It looks to that is a screen like you would show home movies on. Not sure how they were able to watch the game though if it was not on t.v 

5 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

It’s Laura per post with Instagram. Is this from TTH? Nice big TV in Anna’s post with the cat. Which allegedly is Meechelle’s.

I think that Michelle's house too. They have a giant screen and they also have pulled the shades down and used that as a screen.

9 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

I thought it was Anna. But her face isn't full enough. I wonder why they were rooting for the Bucs. 

Isn't Anna from Florida originally? That was why I assumed she was. 

It makes more sense than my brother rooting for them, which he did purely to annoy me. Also, I owe him $15 now. 😬

Oh I just realized it was Laura? I have no clue what her reasoning is. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 4
Just now, Westiepeach said:

Nah. Unless it's filtered to death. Anna doesn't wear pants, does she?

Oh. Good catch. I didn't click on the photo to see it full length - my browser often plays games with what it displays on the forum page. My bad.

1 hour ago, QuinnInND said:

I thought it was Anna. But her face isn't full enough. I wonder why they were rooting for the Bucs. 

I hate Tom Brady's guts so I could never root for a team he's on, but I imagine a lot of people (including Laura, possibly) were rooting for the Bucs mostly due to the fact Brady plays for them.

Edited by Pinke
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, Pinke said:

I hate Brady's guts so I could never root for a team he's on, but I imagine a lot of people (including Laura, possibly) were rooting for the Bucs mostly due to the fact Brady plays for them.

I share your hatred.  He's a cheater.  Remember the DeflateGate thing?

I still shudder at the thought of attending that game, social distancing or not.  Not that this crowd would observe that, nosir.  I didn't watch it, either.

I wonder how much Laura is expected to tend to everyone's kids.  

• Love 10
7 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I share your hatred.  He's a cheater.  Remember the DeflateGate thing?

Cheated on the mother of his eldest child, as well.  BUT he aligns with their beliefs in other ways.

Edited by sheshark
41 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I think it's Anna.

She says it's Laura in the post.

It does look a bit like Anna, though. I briefly thought it was her look-alike sister Susanna, but then again, she might not be welcome in the Duggar compound.

• Useful 1