Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

I'm a New Englander and was a longtime Brady fan until about 5 years ago. I tolerated him then, but when he applied for and received 1 million in rescue funds during this pandemic for his business, I was done. 

I'm guessing the Duggars and their new allowance for watching sports, are like most fans watching the Super Bowl - they just pick a team and root for them, although Anna is from FL.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

783phtkrd6g61.jpg

Someone needs to learn how to proofread.   I assume she means one 8oz package of cream cheese not 18 ounces.  Otherwise that's a shit ton of cream cheese for one teaspoon of garlic powder and one teaspoon of basil.

• LOL 10

i was looking for snark on the recipe and found this instead from Jan 6 2021 - that giant tv on the fake fire place is on a lift that slides up and down??

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/anna-duggar-shows-off-home-renovations-done-by-husband-josh/

apologies if someone already posted this, it has been talked about and i completely missed it

again I will say #lifeunplugged at it's finest. hide your tv except when you need to watch some @joannagaines and have a small child staring at the giant tv....

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 9

On the Benessa thread, people are speculating Anna is pregnant again based on her appearance at Spurgeon's birthday party. She announced  quite early with Maryella. I thought no one was stupid enough to pay Anna for a pregnancy announcement. Maybe there is a group announcement in the works. 

• Love 2
On 2/8/2021 at 1:40 PM, Pinke said:

I hate Tom Brady's guts so I could never root for a team he's on, but I imagine a lot of people (including Laura, possibly) were rooting for the Bucs mostly due to the fact Brady plays for them.

Patriots fan here.. all of New England are loving this.. even though he's playing for the Buccs.. Brady is amazing.. We can agree to disagree.. Oh and don't forget the hunkiest, funniest, Gronk.  I'll stop here.  🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

No, not all of New England is loving the win. This CT gal hates Brady’s guts to the point that I had my husband toss Monday’s sports sections (from two different newspapers) right into the recycling bin before he was allowed back into the house with the rest of the sections.

• LOL 7
  • Love 14

Who's the guy in the American flag hat? Why is Michelle bothering with a mask when her sons who she lives with aren't?

I guess Michelle on social distancing from the minors who live with her. She's been doing that for years. 

5 hours ago, ouinason said:

It makes me really happy to see that the family all really embrace Tyler as much as they do.  And that they don't try and retcon him into one of the brood, but respect his family ties for what they are.

On the other hand, he's not going to school. He'll have the same Duggar family diploma they all have. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Who's the guy in the American flag hat? Why is Michelle bothering with a mask when her sons who she lives with aren't?

I guess Michelle on social distancing from the minors who live with her. She's been doing that for years. 

On the other hand, he's not going to school. He'll have the same Duggar family diploma they all have. 

🤣😄😆

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I was wondering,  IF Anna really is pregnant,  and they haven't announced publicly yet, if that means Josh and Anna are back on the show and it'll be announced there? I hope not, but that's what I've been thinking. 

27 minutes ago, beckie said:

I was wondering,  IF Anna really is pregnant,  and they haven't announced publicly yet, if that means Josh and Anna are back on the show and it'll be announced there? I hope not, but that's what I've been thinking. 

I don't think there is any way in hell Sex-Pest will ever be allowed back on the show. That ship sailed long ago.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I had the same thought.  Also, those do not look like hashbrowns.  Why are they gray???

I thought it was wild rice. What kind of potatoes is she using? Even the frozen, shredded ones don't look like that.

• Love 17

seems she could just ask her momma how she cooked the best hash browns ever in the cast iron skillet......but then how would we have the post needing people to respond??  the 6 bowls with equal portions for children ages what 1 -10yrs? and the matching spoons all color coordinated and precisely angled the same way.....

i hope those kids didn't have to eat that and just grabbed the Little Debbie's or poptarts at the TTH.

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

seems she could just ask her momma how she cooked the best hash browns ever in the cast iron skillet......but then how would we have the post needing people to respond??  the 6 bowls with equal portions for children ages what 1 -10yrs? and the matching spoons all color coordinated and precisely angled the same way.....

i hope those kid's didn't have to eat that and just grabbed the Little Debbie's or poptarts at the TTH.

Yes, why not ask her Mom? Maybe she's afraid of the answer, because it's probably lard or saved bacon grease. That would not be a wise choice for Joshley's breakfast.

• LOL 7

the other thing I wonder is why her Momma wouldn't have trained her since childhood to cook food in a cast iron skillet? Their entire thing is to raise daughters to be homemakers and bear children. If Ma Keller cooked with cast iron skillets, anna should have learned that skill starting 20 years ago.

I can believe mrs keller actually cooked. I can't believe michelle ever did. The duggar girls got married and had zero cooking and house keeping skills.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why can’t she ask her OWN mom for advice on how to cook with cast iron? 

That's what I thought right away, as did you and others on this site. Yet, nowhere on her Insta comments do I see that most logical suggestion. I suppose she is deleting those.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I thought it was wild rice. What kind of potatoes is she using? Even the frozen, shredded ones don't look like that.

Ha, I thought it was shredded chicken. Hashbrowns should not look like that. 

Edited by emma675d
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

i hope those kids didn't have to eat that and just grabbed the Little Debbie's or poptarts at the TTH.

I wonder if Anna has been watching old Andrea Mills videos.  Andrea assigned each child a color at birth.  Then throughout their entire childhoods, they each had their own color of plate, bowl towel etc. She even convinced the children that that was their favorite color.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, louannems said:

I wonder if Anna has been watching old Andrea Mills videos.  Andrea assigned each child a color at birth.  Then throughout their entire childhoods, they each had their own color of plate, bowl towel etc. She even convinced the children that that was their favorite color.

I think she used those rainbow colored bowls for the Gram.  As someone else pointed out upthread, her kids range from 10 to 1 and would need different portions.  Anna wanted a cute picture of her playacting Suzie Homemaker feeding her kids.  She took the time to make sure the bowls each had their matching spoons (or forks, a 10 year old can eat hash browns with a fork, right?) and that the bowls were in the correct rainbow order. 

The text also reads like some kind of script to me.  

Edited by Ohiopirate02
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

I guess her 15 minutes 1:1 per week with her mom expired after marriage. That’s my best guess!

Anna only got fifteen minutes a week with her mom?! How Victorian for a family of ten crammed into a double-wide.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Anna only got fifteen minutes a week with her mom?! How Victorian for a family of ten crammed into a double-wide.

Yes, each Keller kid had a standing weekly appointment for fifteen minutes of their mother's undivided attention. They brag about this, as if it's something to be proud of. 

Just now, Albanyguy said:

Yes, each Keller kid had a standing weekly appointment for fifteen minutes of their mother's undivided attention. They brag about this, as if it's something to be proud of. 

Yes, they seem to think that those of us who are not as special and Jesusy as them spent less time with our parents.  I am one of 6 kids and I know for a fact that I spent more than 15 minutes one on one with my mother AND my father more than once a week.  My siblings would say the same.  This is just another example about how uninformed these people are about the lives that most of us live.

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Still probably more time then Mechelle ever spent with her kids. 

• Love 9

agree - the things they feel superior about are ridiculous. they have no idea how families outside fundie land work. it is sad and laughable all at once.

I was one of 4 kids born within 6 yrs and Mrcrazy8s one of 5 born within 8yrs. we both had time with parents without scheduling. we were dirt poor, both parents worked and we still had time with parents. neither of us ever had to come to our parents and confess our sins or thoughts, which is what I believe the fundy parent/child 15 min appts are all about for the most part.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

They probably stole the oranges from a nearby commercial grove.

Bet they didn't have the "fresh Florida oranges" or the "fresh blueberries". Just the shredded up gray (old) potatoes, cooked in lard.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Well at least Mac didn't bake stale old bread without any help from Mom.

This stuff just writes itself.

And she grew up in a trailer, how, in that small space did she not see her mother season a cast iron pan and then learn how to make hash browns. Those were hash grays. Ew.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

Who eats hash browns out of a bowl? No ketchup or egg or cheese or anything? And those hash browns look nasty, both frozen and burnt.

I think she turned the pan up too high and left the potatoes in there for too long without turning them. The bottom burnt, so she tried to quick get some color on the rest of the potatoes and get them in their... plastic bowls? So burnt on one side and undercooked on the other. That said, Anna always has that harsh grey filter on her photos so maybe that’s why they look so terrible.

Edited by rue721
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5