Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Lunera said:

Anna's sister got married and wore a very sluttish dress.

I'm more offended by not only that Josh is holding the baby but HOW he's holding her. It increases the squick to me.

23 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

It's not date night when you're bringing a brat with you.

Maybe she really doesn't want to be alone with him? Nah! 

48 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I’m sorry, I know I have baby blindness and all but that is not a photogenic child.

I think she looks so cute in a goofy way. 

• Love 2

If Anna was really leaking that much, I think she would have known or been somewhat aware. It's not like it was a little bit. She could have opted out of a picture, right then, with Suze, or put on a cover up of some kind. I don't feel sorry for her in that picture at all. Or the fact that it was posted that way. Unless she's totally stupid I'm sure she knew she was leaking quite heavily, it is her sixth child after all.  I am disgusted with the way Josh is holding the baby. There are many other ways he could have held her.

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, beckie said:

If Anna was really leaking that much, I think she would have known or been somewhat aware. It's not like it was a little bit. She could have opted out of a picture, right then, with Suze, or put on a cover up of some kind. I don't feel sorry for her in that picture at all. Or the fact that it was posted that way. Unless she's totally stupid I'm sure she knew she was leaking quite heavily, it is her sixth child after all.  I am disgusted with the way Josh is holding the baby. There are many other ways he could have held her.

I have to wonder whether she sees the leakage as a badge of honor. It's got to serve as proof of how blessed she is to be able to feed her baby so well, and how connected she is to motherhood.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 10

I think you all are way too invested in being mean about an apparent milk leak, I've had worse and I wasn't trying to telegraph some sort of breastfeeding mother agenda. 

Let it be known that I'm not happy with either Anna or Josh.  Especially Josh, I really despise him.  I think that Anna's more brainwashed and thinks that Josh is just fine now.  She's not the first mother to make excuses for a man because she can't acknowledge she hooked up with or married a child molester.  I hope that she's watching him carefully with the kids, but she's probably not.  She's too invested in her religious upbringing and there's probably fear of raising her children her on her own.  She must dimly realize that she's unequipped to find and hold a job, and she'd lose the support system she's got now.  This is a woman who snottily announced that being married meant that her husband took out the garbage!

As for Josh, no forgiveness for him.  He was raised as the golden child, he bought into it, and when he molested his parents protected him instead of his victims.  Whatever his reasons for "exploring" vulnerable girls, he's never had any real treatment for it and blames it on Satan, with the backing of his parents, his church, and later on his wife.

But, I'll go there and say that holding a diapered baby in front of you in a sitting position so she is easily seen is not a bad thing.  I doubt Josh is getting off on it here.  I'd be more worried about him at home without cameras present.

• Love 13
37 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Dare I say it as I have been chastised before for saying it, but, I'm sure the baby will look cuter once she loses the baby fat.

I think it is better worded "once they grow into their looks" lots of babies are not the picture of adorable cuteness right off, but as toddlers they become adorable.

my grandma always used that term for less than cute infants

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Breast milk is body temperature so it's easy not to notice a leak. I'm sure Anna is as embarrassed about that photo as anyone else would be.

To the contrary, I bet Anna wears her stains proudly. It represents everything she was raised to be.

• Love 1

When looking at a baby that hadn't grown into their looks yet, my friends and I would say "cute shoes!"  We knew what we meant and usually back then the mamas were thrilled with that compliment, which made us laugh later.

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

When looking at a baby that hadn't grown into their looks yet, my friends and I would say "cute shoes!"  We knew what we meant and usually back then the mamas were thrilled with that compliment, which made us laugh later.

What if the baby isn’t wearing shoes!? 

• LOL 13

Courtship theory: speculation

people on other boards have been commenting on the Anna/ Josh engagement episode. It led me to think more about the courtship rules. I know courtship is something many fundie families value. That said the engagement episode is where we are first exposed to the rules of side hugs only and no hand holding until engaged. It was smugger himself who sanctimoniously explained the rules. I feel the stricter rules were in place BECAUSE of Josh   They knew he has no self control and perhaps it was also to protect Anna a bit. It is telling that beyond Jill and Joe, other couples have been suspected of being much looser with the rules. It is also telling that Josh and Anna had two chaperones: Jana and John. I know the show made a production of raffling chaperone rights and that the movie needed an 18 or older chaperone but I think it had already been decided that “house mom” Jana would keep Josh in line and that John was her backup. 
Just as the TTH rules had to change (no hide and seek, no sitting on laps) the courtship rules had to be implemented. I believe these were just more “Josh rules” that they had to pretend applied to everyone 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
45 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

“Each couple makes their own decisions.”. 😂😂😂😂

I used to laugh at this too but it does seem that there is some variation amongst the couples. Hence my belief that the strict rules were meant to contain Josh. 
Then again, I need to stop thinking about these fools. I just detest Josh soooo much

• Love 12

When Josh and Anna got engaged, they broke the rules by front hugging. Unlike Jill and Derick, whose only front hug was intercepted by a security alarm, they were able to have more control. Also Michelle wasn't there to tell them to stop. 

I've forgotten how screwed up it all is. Two adults in a serious relationship aren't allowed to hug because their parents won't let them and Momma Michelle may have a panic attack.  How are kids/adults supposed to learn body autonomy when they can't make "their own" decisions to hold hands, kiss or hug someone.  What kind of person enjoys having that much power over someone else and what does it say about them? I would also say the same is true about them not letting the girls wear pants.

I spend too much time here; this stuff is starting to sound normal to me. 

3 hours ago, nightmeri said:

Courtship theory: speculation

people on other boards have been commenting on the Anna/ Josh engagement episode. It led me to think more about the courtship rules. I know courtship is something many fundie families value. That said the engagement episode is where we are first exposed to the rules of side hugs only and no hand holding until engaged. It was smugger himself who sanctimoniously explained the rules. I feel the stricter rules were in place BECAUSE of Josh   They knew he has no self control and perhaps it was also to protect Anna a bit. It is telling that beyond Jill and Joe, other couples have been suspected of being much looser with the rules. It is also telling that Josh and Anna had two chaperones: Jana and John. I know the show made a production of raffling chaperone rights and that the movie needed an 18 or older chaperone but I think it had already been decided that “house mom” Jana would keep Josh in line and that John was her backup. 
Just as the TTH rules had to change (no hide and seek, no sitting on laps) the courtship rules had to be implemented. I believe these were just more “Josh rules” that they had to pretend applied to everyone 

That makes sense, however the same thing happened with the Bates family. The courting rules have relaxed with each couple following the first three marriages in that family as well. Although I believe Whitney and Zach confessed to the Bates parents that they did kiss, once I think, during their courtship. Carlin and her now husband looked like a regular dating couple during their courtship, save for not kissing or having premarital sex.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

When Josh and Anna got engaged, they broke the rules by front hugging. Unlike Jill and Derick, whose only front hug was intercepted by a security alarm, they were able to have more control. Also Michelle wasn't there to tell them to stop. 

I've forgotten how screwed up it all is. Two adults in a serious relationship aren't allowed to hug because their parents won't let them and Momma Michelle may have a panic attack.  How are kids/adults supposed to learn body autonomy when they can't make "their own" decisions to hold hands, kiss or hug someone.  What kind of person enjoys having that much power over someone else and what does it say about them? I would also say the same is true about them not letting the girls wear pants.

I spend too much time here; this stuff is starting to sound normal to me. 

Women in this cult don’t have body autonomy. Their clothes, hair, sex lives, fertility, daily occupations, etc. are all decided by the cult rules. 

• Love 1

Can you imagine your whole life (where the bedroom is, what kind of clothes you can sleep in, how you physically interact with your siblings, how you can date, etc) are done because your brother molested either your or your other siblings. Imagine being 20 years old and married and just now getting to wear actual pajamas or boxers or something normal to bed if you are a boy.  

The amount of covering and hiding this mess is appalling.  

• Love 6

I encourage everyone to go back and watch the engagement episode on YouTube. It is unintentionally hilarious. Pest pontificates on his purity and how Anna can trust him with anything   He was repulsive even before we knew he was a sex pest

plus there are “Easter eggs” of how aware everyone is of Josh’s predictions if you read between the lines of the talking heads featuring Boob, MOTY, and the victims 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, nightmeri said:

I encourage everyone to go back and watch the engagement episode on YouTube. It is unintentionally hilarious. Pest pontificates on his purity and how Anna can trust him with anything   He was repulsive even before we knew he was a sex pest

plus there are “Easter eggs” of how aware everyone is of Josh’s predictions if you read between the lines of the talking heads featuring Boob, MOTY, and the victims 

Could you please share about the Easter eggs?

Edited by SMama
Spelling
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, SMama said:

Could you please share about th Easter eggs?

There are also some weird moments like Jim Bob saying that Josh is a caring person who sympathizes with others 🤢 and then Meech blabbers on awkwardly about Josh saving his purity and how precious that is. Then the girls chime in even more awkwardly...it is just infuriating and amazing to watch it through the lens of knowing what we know now 

• Love 1