Type keyword(s) to search

Ugh!: Actors, Hosts, And TV Personalities You Just Can't Stand

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I just very recently watched Schitt's Creek, and I love David and Stevie as friends and thought that blessedly brief period where she had romantic feelings for him was ridiculous and like Patrick with David, and with David and Stevie.  But I completely agree on Chris Elliott.  He's unbearably annoying - I don't mean doing a great job playing an annoying character, I mean being annoying so that an awful character is damn near unwatchable.  I have no idea what he is like in real life, but I find him downright repugnant on screen.  His presence actually angers me sometimes.  It's quite a visceral thing.

I also do not like Chris Elliott and find him repugnant.   From what I have seen, he is well liked by his fellow actors.  His Shitts Creek costars seemed to love him behind the scenes.  Given his longevity in the business,  I assume it has been the same on all the other projects he has done.  

• Love 11
9 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

I don't dislike Patrick but I always just found him dull and uninteresting.  I was never enamored much with he and David like many others who thought their story was so great. 

Agreed I was never that into Patrick/David. I loved Alexis and Ted and hated that the last season bulldozed that relationship.

• Love 3

Aw I thought David and Patrick were really sweet together, ignoring the episode before their wedding.  I also liked Alexis and Ted.

I guess I'm the only one who didn't hate Chris Elliott's character, I thought he was funny.

• Love 2

I've never heard anything' off 'about Chris Elliott offstage but I agree has consistently played annoying characters. One thing is for sure: he didn't inherit his father's Bob's charm or (IMO) likability. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

I had no idea about Victoria Jackson. Wow, her Wiki was an eye-opener.

I didn't either until I just read about her. 

But then again I haven't really given her a second thought as an actress or in any fashion in like 25 years or more, basically since her SNL days. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 7/13/2021 at 11:33 AM, letter8358 said:

Mel Gibson...blech

I still watch the movies I originally loved, but refuse to watch anything he's made since I discovered that he is a racist, anti-semitic asshole.  It's a shame that he's such an awful person, because he is very talented, but I can only deal with the things I'd seen before I knew.

• Love 16
59 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

I still watch the movies I originally loved, but refuse to watch anything he's made since I discovered that he is a racist, anti-semitic asshole.  It's a shame that he's such an awful person, because he is very talented, but I can only deal with the things I'd seen before I knew.

I avoided all his movies after his abhorrent beliefs became public.  But this past weekend I thought well I guess I can watch Conspiracy Theory. But I didn't enjoy it.  I kept seeing him onscreen and thinking you are such an asshole.  So I guess I'm back to avoiding his movies.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I avoided all his movies after his abhorrent beliefs became public.  But this past weekend I thought well I guess I can watch Conspiracy Theory. But I didn't enjoy it.  I kept seeing him onscreen and thinking you are such an asshole.  So I guess I'm back to avoiding his movies.

I'd already stopped watching his movies by that time, mainly because the ones he was making didn't particular interest me.  I mostly like his early stuff.  I re-watched The Road Warrior last summer, and I still loved it.  But everyone has their own level when it comes to being able to divorce the person from the art.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Blergh said:

I've never heard anything' off 'about Chris Elliott offstage but I agree has consistently played annoying characters. One thing is for sure: he didn't inherit his father's Bob's charm or (IMO) likability. 

I guess it's got to be rough to choose a career as a comic actor when your dad is a beloved genius. I don't quite understand why he chose the "I'm going to be the most annoying character in any scene I'm in!" route, but I'd guess it's so there's no chance of anybody mistaking him for his father.   See also: Ben Stiller.

• Love 10

Chris Elliott used to bug me a lot whenever he would appear on Late Night With David Letterman.  Yet for some reason, I watched most (if not all) episodes of his FOX sitcom, Get a Life.  I do not know why.  Maybe it was between shows I watched and I was too lazy to change the channel.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, ratgirlagogo said:

I guess it's got to be rough to choose a career as a comic actor when your dad is a beloved genius. I don't quite understand why he chose the "I'm going to be the most annoying character in any scene I'm in!" route, but I'd guess it's so there's no chance of anybody mistaking him for his father.   See also: Ben Stiller.

Later years Jerry stiller was pretty annoying in every scene.  That was his whole schtick in both Seinfeld and king of queens.  The annoying parent 

• Love 3

I don’t actively hate him and I doubt he’s a bad guy but David Duchovny - this guy is so boring. I’ve listened to him on three different podcasts and he puts me to sleep everytime.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 7/11/2021 at 6:08 PM, DearEvette said:

I always get surprised when I see Busy Phillips outside of anything that is Freaks and Geeks because, imo, I think that was her peak. I don't hate her or anything but she is just vaguely there for me.  Honestly, I think her name is the best thing about her.  At least it is different.  LOL.

This is exactly how I feel about her. The first time I saw her after Freaks and Geeks, I was like, "That girl still acts?!"

On 7/12/2021 at 2:32 AM, KWalkerInc said:

Rob Schneider is getting on my nerves.

There's someone I had no idea was still out there.

On 7/13/2021 at 6:51 PM, DrSpaceman73 said:

I don't dislike Patrick but I always just found him dull and uninteresting.  I was never enamored much with he and David like many others who thought their story was so great. 

I thought they were a cute couple, but I didn't see why David was into him, since he's so dull.

Chris Elliot seriously gave me the creeps when he was on SNL. I don't find him creepy anymore, just off-putting. I thought he was god at playing Roland, but I thought Roland was a bit extra, especially since Jocelyn was normal, or at least not weird in the same way.

22 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

That's how I feel about Kevin Spacey. Nothing's going to stop me from loving the thing I already love him in, but I'm not interested in seeing him anything new.

4 hours ago, Avabelle said:

I don’t actively hate him and I doubt he’s a bad guy but David Duchovny - this guy is so boring. I’ve listened to him on three different podcasts and he puts me to sleep everytime.

It might help if he spoke with any vocal inflection at all.

• Love 6
On 7/13/2021 at 9:35 PM, juno said:

Binging Schitt's Creek I would like to add Chris Elliot to my list of actors I can't stand. He basically wrecked every scene he is in. He is never funny or interesting and his acting is pretty bad. Also a shower would help and a better wig.

Chris Elliott...always such a disappointment as I was forever expecting the same humor that his dad was famous for. Re: Bob Elliott--his "Slow Talkers of America" routine with his partner Ray ? was hilarious. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Nicmar said:

Chris Noth I cannot stand him. 

As a person or an actor? Or the characters he play? The characters he played on Law & Order, Sex & and the City, and The Good Wife were quite distinct. . 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, topanga said:

As a person or an actor? Or the characters he play? The characters he played on Law & Order, Sex & and the City, and The Good Wife were quite distinct. . 

as a person I he's gross . I did like him on Law and Order and Sex and the City

Did you see what Gilbert Gottfried just did now? Forget about the tasteless Japanese joke that cost him as a voice for AFLAK back in 2011. He did something way worse than that....

Suck an egg, Gilbert! You are not that amusing....You are lucky you got occasional spots on Last Week Tonight. Now, be gone, Iago!

What did he do?

3 hours ago, letter8358 said:

Did you see what Gilbert Gottfried just did now? Forget about the tasteless Japanese joke that cost him as a voice for AFLAK back in 2011. He did something way worse than that....

Suck an egg, Gilbert! You are not that amusing....You are lucky you got occasional spots on Last Week Tonight. Now, be gone, Iago!

19 minutes ago, letter8358 said:

I'm no fan of cancel culture, but I think getting lynched would be worse.  I do see his point, though.  Or at least the point I think he's trying to make.  That the internet is so anonymous and you really have to expend no effort to go online and try to ruin someone's life.  Still isn't in the same league as lynching, though.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/13/2021 at 9:00 PM, Bastet said:

But I completely agree on Chris Elliott.  He's unbearably annoying

All my friends suggested I watch Shitts Creek, as soon as I saw he was on the show, I refused to watch it. Gross

I have no idea what he is like in real life, but I find him downright repugnant on screen.  His presence actually angers me sometimes.  It's quite a visceral thing.

Completely agree.

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, stonehaven said:

I did have a great joke about him once that makes it harder to tell now that no one cares about him. 

Crows are the Gilbert Gottfried of the aviary world.

Thank you. I'll see myself out...

But he's a parrot:) And and a duck.  Maybe that makes your joke funnier.  Not sure.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

But he's a parrot:) And and a duck.  Maybe that makes your joke funnier.  Not sure.

Regardless of which subspecies he's voiced, it's past time to just give Gottfried the bird! 

• LOL 5
On 7/16/2021 at 11:13 AM, Avabelle said:

I haven’t heard anything about Chris Noths private life so I was surprised to see this - what’s the scoop there?

I'm still wondering about that too. I do remember he said some not so nice stuff about the Carrie Bradshaw character in 2014/15 I think it was. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Jaded said:

I'm still wondering about that too. I do remember he said some not so nice stuff about the Carrie Bradshaw character in 2014/15 I think it was. 

But he's always had very positive things to say when talking about SJP.  For me, hearing someone say negative things about a make believe character doesn't make them a bad person. YMMV

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, LegalParrot81 said:

But he's always had very positive things to say when talking about SJP.  For me, hearing someone say negative things about a make believe character doesn't make them a bad person. YMMV

I didn't mean to imply he was a bad person because of what he said about a character. I was  trying to come up with the reasoning behind the previous poster saying what they did about him since they never followed up by answering.

• Love 2
On 7/14/2021 at 7:58 PM, proserpina65 said:

Yeah, I still love the Lethal Weapon movies, and won't let the fact that Gibson is an arsehole ruin that for me. And I still enjoy movies like Bird on a Wire, Air America and Maverick if I catch them.

Braveheart was ruined by the historical ignorance of the filmmakers (including Gibson himself) long before I knew what a dick he is. But I don't think he made anything worth watching after 2000 anyway.

• Love 10
23 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Steve Harvey.  Can't even bear commercials with him on it - the mute button is a handy tool.

I love Steve Harvey.  You should watch his NFL honors monologues.  They’re hilarious.

• Love 1
On 7/13/2021 at 7:19 PM, annzeepark914 said:

There are two actors whose looks give me the queasies: Richard Gere & Leo DiCaprio.

I'm indifferent to DiCaprio but OMG Gere gives me the creeps. I don't watch him in much so he might be a lovely human being, but visually he gives me a total creeper vibe. I can't even say why, he just does. 

Tim Hutton was the same for me. Couldn't pinpoint it, he just always creeped me out. Mel Gibson is up there too. 

• Love 3
On 7/22/2021 at 4:33 PM, Mabinogia said:

I don't watch [Richard Gere] in much so he might be a lovely human being, but visually he gives me a total creeper vibe. I can't even say why, he just does.

I think it's the atypical distance between his eyes. I find that can be unsettling.

• Love 2

Apologies if I've said this before, but I never understood the appeal of David Letterman.  I found him neither funny nor intelligent.  (I'm not sure if he's doing anything these days, but he would be a channel changer for me if he showed up on my screen.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, Leeds said:

Apologies if I've said this before, but I never understood the appeal of David Letterman.  I found him neither funny nor intelligent.  (I'm not sure if he's doing anything these days, but he would be a channel changer for me if he showed up on my screen.)

I can honestly say I only liked him because he wasn't Jay Leno.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I loved David Letterman when I was in college (early 80’s) and some years later. I haven’t found him funny for a couple of decades. Admittedly, I never watched a lot of late night TV since around 1992 (yes, I am old).

• Love 3
On 8/3/2021 at 5:19 PM, krankydoodle said:

I find James Corden more tiresome than hateworthy

I irrationally dislike Corden because he took over the job from Craig Ferguson who I absolutely loved.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Bumblebee84047 said:

Craigy Ferg!  I miss him so much.

Absoutely the most original talk show I have ever watched. Never scripted, always off the cuff and almost always funny. Sadly I have not enjoyed him in anything since, including his stand up. Truly a one of a kind show. I also miss Geoff the robot sidekick.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

I don’t like Hayley Atwell. Some of her interview comments reek of white feminism.

I honestly had no idea who this is. I looked her up and still have no idea who this is.

2 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

I really wish Kristen Bell & Dax Shepherd would go the hell away and stay away.

Kristin Bell starred on one of my all time favorite shows. Veronica Mars.

However since marrying Dax Shepherd I don't like her. I watch the View and I swear they seem to be guests every month.   They aren't nearly as cute as they think they are.

• Love 6