Type keyword(s) to search

Ugh!: Actors, Hosts, And TV Personalities You Just Can't Stand

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

Cynthia Erivo.

For the life of me I cannot give a concrete reason why.  She hasn't -- to my knowledge -- done or said anything egregious.  But there is just something about her I dislike.  She has smug face in her pictures.  And I hate her eyebrows.  LOL.  I dunno.  Rather irrational but there you go....

If you want a reason, there's a whole thread about some of her hypocrisy about playing African American roles saying how "there's no difference between being a Black girl in England and a Black girl in America" then says that African-Americans are jealous of British Black people. She also mocks AAVE calling it "ghetto" when replying to a white man in a tweet.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Popples said:

If you want a reason, there's a whole thread about some of her hypocrisy about playing African American roles saying how "there's no difference between being a Black girl in England and a Black girl in America" then says that African-Americans are jealous of British Black people. She also mocks AAVE calling it "ghetto" when replying to a white man in a tweet.

Oh, God she is one of those.  That took me down a whole ass rabbit hole.  But all I can say is....

vindication.gif

• Love 12
On 9/16/2021 at 8:52 AM, Blergh said:

FWIW, Willow Smith 'advising' about love and relationships makes as much sense as when Cosby Show alum Tempestt Bledsoe had her own talk show right after her main claim to had ended and attempted to lecture the guests to do the same.  Both reminded me of preteens  standing on chairs during Sunday dinner attempting to tell everyone else in the family how to live their lives- completely oblivious to all the adult family members' mounting annoyance with them. 

I had to Google Tempestt because I wanted to believe it was a typo.  Who does that to their children?

On 10/7/2021 at 8:05 PM, Popples said:

What's AAVE?

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, Leeds said:

I had to Google Tempestt because I wanted to believe it was a typo.  Who does that to their children?

What's AAVE?

Yes, that's Miss Bledsoe's actual given name (with two t's).

Others may correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that the acronym stands for:

African-American Vernacular English

Edited by Blergh
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Dave Chappelle

His comedy wasn’t always my cup of tea, but he didn’t get on my shit list until just recently, and I think you all know why.

I wasn't much aware of him before, only that there is a person with that name somewhere in showbusiness, but yeah. I hate it when "comedians" try to mask their bigoted opinions as "comedy" and act as if anyone who doesn't like what they sell is some stuck-up snowflake with no sense of humor.

• Love 10
On 10/19/2021 at 8:31 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Dave Chappelle

His comedy wasn’t always my cup of tea, but he didn’t get on my shit list until just recently, and I think you all know why.

I didn't watch his latest special, but I've been over him for awhile. Some people say you can't criticize him if you haven't watched, but then I don't know if I want to support him. He's talented and can be funny, but he takes vulgarity and punching down too far imo. I can appreciate a dirty joke and think you can make fun of almost anything. I don't need a comic to be G rated or super PC. But seriously, can he try to make it throw a single routine without p***y jokes and mocking vulnerable communities? Does he have to be crude about women and our bodies and poke at marginalized groups of people to spark interest in his work? That is what he recently did with the transgender community, right?

• Love 15
On 10/19/2021 at 6:31 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Dave Chappelle

I don't know why.

• Useful 1
On 11/11/2021 at 8:50 AM, Popples said:

Joe Rogan. Andy Dick was horrible enough, now Rogan also seems really intent on pissing on all of my fond memories of NewsRadio.

Wow, I didn't know that about Joe. That sucks.

On 11/11/2021 at 9:01 AM, DrSpaceman73 said:

Aaron Rodgers and Shailene Woodley shot to the top of my hate list this past week

Same here. I didn't know him from anything except when he filled in for Jeopardy but he seemed nice. Turns out he's an asshole.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Wow, I didn't know that about Joe. That sucks.

Same here. I didn't know him from anything except when he filled in for Jeopardy but he seemed nice. Turns out he's an asshole.

She’s a jerk too.

• Love 5
On 11/11/2021 at 11:01 AM, DrSpaceman73 said:

Shailene Woodley shot to the top of my hate list this past week

I don't hate her, but I've never really warmed to her.  She has what I call "Snotty Face Syndrome"  She just looks like she is snotty and a bit of a mean girl.  Right now, I guess The Divergent series has landed on IMBtv and I have a firestick and Amazon owns IMBTV so they are promoting it.  And in the promo still I guess she is supposed to be looking all tough and resolute but she just looks snotty to me.

• Love 11
On 11/14/2021 at 3:06 PM, kathyk24 said:

Kevin Hart isn't funny he's annoying. Chris Rock is a better comedian.

I adore Kevin.  His take w/Snoop during the Olympics were hilarious.  Esp the clip they discussed abt dressage and horse compulories.

Chris & Dave are funny as well, but no one is as funny as Snoop (well except Gabrielle Eglascius [sp?]).

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I thought Kevin was tolerable with Snoop, but it was Snoop who was funny, especially with the crip walking line.

Crip walking what does that mean? I have CP that sounds really offensive.

Crips are a major gang founded in Los Angeles.  They have a 

rivalry with another major gang called The Bloods.  They have a dance/walk they do.  it is called the Crip walk. 

18 hours ago, roamyn said:

I adore Kevin.  His take w/Snoop during the Olympics were hilarious.  Esp the clip they discussed abt dressage and horse compulories.

I don't mind Kevin one way or the other.  I have legit laughed as some of his stand up;  But i agree the pair up with Snoop doing Olympics commentary was fantastic.  Their chemistry was great and their banter was fun.  And yes the dressage bit was the best.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, kathyk24 said:

Crip walking what does that mean? I have CP that sounds really offensive.

Here's the Wikipedia definition. It evidently evolved from a dance move that the Los Angeles street gang alliance called The Crips used after . .. initiating a robbery. ..or killing someone.  No, I agree that this does NOT sound funny- much less worth emulating! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crip_Walk#:~:text=The Crip Walk%2C also known as the C-Walk%2C,an act of performing quick and intricate footwork.

Edited by Blergh
  • Love 2

Chrissy Teigen has been on dailymail again a lot as of late. She is trying soooo hard to get back into the spotlight. I disliked her from the start and now disliked her and everything about her even more. I don’t particularly endorse cancel culture but she deserves to be cancelled and shunned for her years of gross behavior.

Also, Ben Affleck is obnoxious and insufferable these days.

• Love 14
On 11/14/2021 at 11:58 AM, DearEvette said:

I don't hate her, but I've never really warmed to her.  She has what I call "Snotty Face Syndrome"  She just looks like she is snotty and a bit of a mean girl.  Right now, I guess The Divergent series has landed on IMBtv and I have a firestick and Amazon owns IMBTV so they are promoting it.  And in the promo still I guess she is supposed to be looking all tough and resolute but she just looks snotty to me.

There are so many things wrong with that series beyond Shailene woodley but yes, she is miscast there.  I never bought her in that role.  And I watched the whole series, for some reason, despite the fact the whole series just makes no sense whatsoever. 

Watched her in Big Little Lies too, both seasons, and shes just...mmmmeeehh.   never been impressed with her as an actress. And her and Rodgers just need to STFU. And I used to like Rodgers before this past season and off-season. 

Edited by DrSpaceman73
  • Love 5
On 8/30/2021 at 7:27 PM, cpcathy said:

It’s funny, I watched The Good Place and really enjoyed Kristen when she played a rotten person. Then, one episode in the final season, I just couldn’t stand her, she was trying so hard to be adorable. Now they both bug me, always in entertainment news, always on TV somehow, I am just so annoyed by them.

I generally like KRISTEN BELL And she was great in The good place I thought.  

The whole last season of the good place I thought was like the writers ran out of ideas and were like 'well we got to wrap this up somehow.....so now what?'. The finally was good and I nice ending but before that the last season was kind of weak

Edited by DrSpaceman73

@Dr. Spaceman, 

In the interest of clarity, could you please go back and edit your latest two posts and pinpoint which celeb/s you dislike since neither your posts nor the posts   quoted actually give names?Thanks in advance.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Blergh said:

@Dr. Spaceman, 

In the interest of clarity, could you please go back and edit your latest two posts and pinpoint which celeb/s you dislike since neither your posts nor the posts   quoted actually give names?Thanks in advance.

Sure.,...but one of the quotes specifically says Kristen, as in Kristen bell, which I think is pretty clear. 

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Sure.,...but one of the quotes specifically says Kristen, as in Kristen bell, which I think is pretty clear. 

Thanks for going back and clarifying!

BTW, there's more than one Kristen in the entertainment world so it wasn't entirely clear to me. 

• Love 1
On 12/18/2021 at 9:46 AM, CaffeinatedAunt79 said:

Chrissy Teigen has been on dailymail again a lot as of late. She is trying soooo hard to get back into the spotlight. I disliked her from the start and now disliked her and everything about her even more. I don’t particularly endorse cancel culture but she deserves to be cancelled and shunned for her years of gross behavior.

Also, Ben Affleck is obnoxious and insufferable these days.

I like to think she can grow, but I'm one of the few that never got Chrissy's appeal. Even when she started to be bullied, I was one of the few who saw it as a bully being bullied. 

Ben is so handsome, but I could never be with someone who has all his issues. I don't care how good the sex is J. Lo, run! He just seems to have so many issues and lack of respect for the women.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I like to think she can grow, but I'm one of the few that never got Chrissy's appeal. Even when she started to be bullied, I was one of the few who saw it as a bully being bullied. 

Ben is so handsome, but I could never be with someone who has all his issues. I don't care how good the sex is J. Lo, run! He just seems to have so many issues and lack of respect for the women.

I keep forgetting Chrissy Teigen exists. It’s nice because I am not in any way her target audience.

Have to say that Ben Affleck does nothing for me. Less than nothing. Even back in his younger, less alcohol bloat face days, not one thing. J Lo deserves someone who isn’t so messed up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Even when she started to be bullied, I was one of the few who saw it as a bully being bullied. 

Yes I well remembered her from the early years when she was so mean and was baffled by the way the internet seemed to forget and embrace her. I kept wondering if I was mistaking her for someone else. 

• Love 5

Liza Koshy. Never heard of her before last night, when she was a host on New year's Rockin' Eve. She was annoying, overly shouty, and awkward. There was a proposal that was "caught" by the cameras. Liza asked the couple their names, then commented that she wouldn't remember them anyway. Way to crap on a couple's big moment, Liza.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

I've said it before but Steve Harvey. 

My god that guy is not talented or funny.  Now i see he is getting another show where he is a 'judge' in disputes, which is why I bring this up now.  

Who keeps hiring this man? 

Who keeps watching this man?  

Agreed!

Who keeps hiring Mr. Harvey? Possibly big wigs  seeking big tax write offs willing to bank on him for the loss due to knowing how annoying most folks find him.

Who keeps watching Mr. Harvey? Possibly folks with broken remotes and/or the Hidden Tribe of Progressive Flo& Kardashian Lovers.

That's all I've got on this. 

1 hour ago, Passing Strange said:

Liza Koshy. Never heard of her before last night, when she was a host on New year's Rockin' Eve. She was annoying, overly shouty, and awkward. There was a proposal that was "caught" by the cameras. Liza asked the couple their names, then commented that she wouldn't remember them anyway. Way to crap on a couple's big moment, Liza.

If there's justice and fairness, they (and the rest of  us) won't have to remember hers either.

Edited by Blergh
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I'm rewatching Scrubs and just got to season eight, where I completely forgot that Aziz Ansari is in it as a lazy, incompetent, arrogant and completely disinterested intern. It reminded me that I find Ansari really creepy and annoying, and as far as I can tell he always plays this same disinterested, arrogant-without-cause jackass.

Within five minutes of him appearing, I'm asking why his character hasn't been fired.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

I'm rewatching Scrubs and just got to season eight, where I completely forgot that Aziz Ansari is in it as a lazy, incompetent, arrogant and completely disinterested intern. It reminded me that I find Ansari really creepy and annoying, and as far as I can tell he always plays this same disinterested, arrogant-without-cause jackass.

Within five minutes of him appearing, I'm asking why his character hasn't been fired.

Could not stand him in Park and Recreation.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

He does get fired and I remember cheering when it happened. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

I've said it before but Steve Harvey. 

My god that guy is not talented or funny.  Now i see he is getting another show where he is a 'judge' in disputes, which is why I bring this up now.  

Who keeps hiring this man? 

Who keeps watching this man?  

I think he’s funny.  His ESPN hosting gigs are hilarious.  His other gigs are more awkward.

• Love 1
On 1/1/2022 at 4:44 PM, juno said:

Could not stand him in Park and Recreation.

Speaking of Parks and Recreation, Aubrey Plaza bugs me. She just tries too hard to be weird.

Edited by Bookish Jen
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Bookish Jen said:

Speaking of Parks and Recreation, Aubrey Plaza bugs me. She just tries too hard to be weird.

As much as I adore Parks and Rec and the creative people behind it, the story that the casting agent told Michael Shur that Aubrey was the "weirdest person she'd ever met" made me think she clearly hasn't met a lot of people. Aubrey comes across as every negative stereotype of millennials ever in a way that seems really forced. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

As much as I adore Parks and Rec and the creative people behind it, the story that the casting agent told Michael Shur that Aubrey was the "weirdest person she'd ever met" made me think she clearly hasn't met a lot of people. Aubrey comes across as every negative stereotype of millennials ever in a way that seems really forced. 

At first, I didn't think I knew her from Eve. Then, for laughs and giggles,  I looked her on wiki and it said that she'd written something called The Legend of the Christmas Witch (2021)- at which point I recalled her rather whimsical  and deep sad and pretentious over the top demeanor when she pitched the work on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert. The most positive reaction I had to her was to feel sorry for her and hope she one day learns to positively cope with whatever demons she's been dealing with but I can't say I liked her or  would look forward to seeing her on my TV again!  FWIW, from that appearance, IMO she appeared a downright disturbed  rather than an entertaining individual.

Edited by Blergh
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Blergh said:

At first, I didn't think I knew her from Eve. Then, for laughs and giggles,  I looked her on wiki and it said that she'd written something called The Legend of the Christmas Witch (2021)- at which point I recalled her rather whimsical  and deep sad and pretentious over the top demeanor when she pitched the work on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert. The most positive reaction I had to her was to feel sorry for her and hope she one day learns to positively cope with whatever demons she's been dealing with but I can't say I liked her or  would look forward to seeing her on my TV again!  FWIW, from that appearance, IMO she appeared a downright disturbed  rather than an entertaining individual.

I caught a brief clip of her being interviewed on the Today show, and she was doing some weird schtick. I could tell Maria Shriver wasn't having any of it. What's wrong with doing a straight interview? Her juvenile behavior isn't going to make me run out and read her book.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

@Bookish Jen,

I agree that Miss Plaza's demeanor during the interview I saw was 'weird' and, yes, I believe she knew what she was doing.

However, it seemed closer to that  of a disturbed  clown than merely someone deliberately being an obnoxious jerk so I was saddened rather than annoyed by it.  And, while I appreciate the fact that she appeared to have worked very hard on the book she was pitching, it just didn't seem as though it would be interesting for me to read so I've passed on it. 

Still, I agree, it would have been FAR better  re those viewers who might have been unsure whether or not to have bought the book, had Miss Plaza done straight interviews(which I DO believe she's capable of doing)  for Mr. Colbert and Miss Shriver.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Blergh said:

@Bookish Jen,

I agree that Miss Plaza's demeanor during the interview I saw was 'weird' and, yes, I believe she knew what she was doing.

However, it seemed closer to that  of a disturbed  clown than merely someone deliberately being an obnoxious jerk so I was saddened rather than annoyed by it.  And, while I appreciate the fact that she appeared to have worked very hard on the book she was pitching, it just didn't seem as though it would be interesting for me to read so I've passed on it. 

Still, I agree, it would have been FAR better  re those viewers who might have been unsure whether or not to have bought the book, had Miss Plaza done straight interviews(which I DO believe she's capable of doing)  for Mr. Colbert and Miss Shriver.

You're right. As obnoxious as it was at the same time, you kind of feel sorry for her. 

• Love 1

Vincent Kartheiser comes across--to me--in interviews as being arrogant, boastful and sarcastic. I saw one interview he did, at one point it came up that the interviewer had lived in Canada, Vincent then proceeded to say "I bet I've been to more places in Canada then you have." And he was dead serious. What a douche!

And then this lovely quote from this self-important twit:
"I'm an asshole. I'm really unsupportive of my fans."
Wow, just WOW.

Edited by SJC
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4