Type keyword(s) to search

Ugh!: Actors, Hosts, And TV Personalities You Just Can't Stand

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

My mom can’t stand Jane Seymour. It’s because we live in Michigan and know the story of how, while shooting Somewhere in Time on Mackinac Island, she refused to mingle with the islanders when they held all the picnics and social events for the cast and crew. Granted, she has come back to the island for the Somewhere in Time anniversary events in recent years, but my mom still thinks she’s stuck up.

That’s my favorite movie of all time.  When we vacationed at Mackinaw one year, that’s all I wanted to see, was The Grand Hotel.

• Love 3
On 9/7/2017 at 7:31 AM, kassygreene said:

I think she was kind of funny before she got super successful, but now she's just mean.  What foolishness can she get an audience member to endure, knowing that win or lose the "game" they all get prizes?  Lots and lost of foolishness.  Mean.

Omg...what a prophetic  post...just saw this from 2017...

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Omg...what a prophetic  post...just saw this from 2017...

I looked it up and saw that the post before this one was referring to Miss DeGeneres so it's an almost certainty that KassyGreene in 2017 (and you) are likely referring to her as well. However  I don't know if it's sad, ironic or both that even without a name given, the identity of the celeb was a virtual given! 

P.S. Still, just to avoid any future shadows of doubt, could you please put at least the celeb's last name (and/or first name or universally known nickname) to avoid any confusion even though in this particular case, it seems a 99 percent probability despite no name being given?

Edited by Blergh
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Dave Portnoy. I’ll give him some credit and he at least seemed genuiune on his effort to help struggling small businesses over the past year but otherwise…he is an obnxious attention seeker otherwise. Not a fan of his company either.

Edited by CaffeinatedAunt79
  • Love 3
On 5/25/2021 at 3:52 PM, Avabelle said:

Nick Jonas - he hasn’t done anything in particular to offend me. I just find him annoying - like he thinks he’s the funniest most charismatic guy in the room.. or on a talk show cast.

The worst was when he was getting married.  I tried so hard to avoid any kind of entertainment news and yet it was all I could hear about for a long, long time.  I swear, I couldn't over turn a rock on the street without seeing Priyanka jump out from underneath it to remind me that she was getting married.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

I cut Rose McGowan a lot of slack in the past for everything she went through, but no more.

Rose McGowan is a tricky one but I have to admit she lost me years ago.  I don't discount everything she's been through, and she is still seemingly carrying a lot of pain, but I mostly just ignore her now.  I hope she has/gets a good support system.

Edited by kiddo82
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, kiddo82 said:

Rose McGowan is a tricky one but I have to admit she lost me years ago.  I don't discount everything she's been through, and she is still seemingly carrying a lot of pain, but I mostly just ignore her now.  I hope she has/gets a good support system.

For me too. I don't like a lot of what she's said. But she's been through so much and I think she really needs help more then anything else. 

• Love 10
(edited)

I don't like Tom Hiddleston. I find him awkward and weird. I cringe when he does impressions of other actors, and I've never been able to get over and unsee this Gucci photo shoot.

https://daman.co.id/tom-hiddleston-is-the-face-of-guccis-tailoring-campaign-for-cruise-2017/

And what the hell was going on with this Taylor Swift stunt?

So, if he is a good actor, I can't tell anymore because I have his weird impressions of Robert DeNiro in my head. So embarrassing.

Edited by supposebly
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, supposebly said:

I don't like Tom Hiddleston. I find him awkward and weird. I cringe when he does impressions of other actors, and I've never been able to get over and unsee this Gucci photo shoot.

https://daman.co.id/tom-hiddleston-is-the-face-of-guccis-tailoring-campaign-for-cruise-2017/

And what the hell was going on with this Taylor Swift stunt?

So, if he is a good actor, I can't tell anymore because I have his weird impressions of Robert DeNiro in my head. So embarrassing.

I've never really understood him being a thing either. I've read interviews with him, and he seems like a personally nice person, so I sometimes feel like an asshole for being so put off by him. But I felt like he came across like a complete goober during the Taylor Swift whatever-the-fuck-that-was, and I don't find him attractive, so my friends fangirling him mystifies me. And I say that as someone who likes redheads! 

The Gucci thing was unintentionally hilarious to me, but it did give me my all time favorite bit from Tom and Lorenzo, and something tells me you will appreciate it too: 

https://tomandlorenzo.com/2016/09/tom-hiddleston-for-gucci-cruise-2017-tailoring-ad-campaign/

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 10
(edited)
19 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What had me rolling my eyes at the idiocy was the statement about how America being made up of immigrants was "insidious". Seriously? That's what America is-made up of immigrants! The only ones who aren't are the Native Americans!

Jeebus Christ on a Cracker.

This from the biological son of someone of Japanese extraction. I'm sure his paternal bio family could have told him hair curling tales about having had   to endure exclusion and bigotry (if not internment in WWII) . BTW, his original birth name is  Dean George Tanaka! 

IMO, about as mindlessly counterproductive as Tila Tequila's deal. She openly admired Hitler despite being someone who he'd have had no problems putting in an extermination camp AND was born in Singapore- a place rather  brutally occupied by his allies [ the   Japanese Empire] during WWII .

Edited by Blergh
  • Useful 7
  • Love 4

I can't deal with Busy Philipps.  I've been watching a lot of the press for Girls5eva, but she annoys the hell out of me. She acts like a teenager and can't match her co-stars' acting or singing.  Mostly it's the eyebrows.  If you're going to be a bottled blonde, then go all in. Those black caterpillars on her face are ruining the illusion. 

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What had me rolling my eyes at the idiocy was the statement about how America being made up of immigrants was "insidious". Seriously? That's what America is-made up of immigrants! The only ones who aren't are the Native Americans!

Jeebus Christ on a Cracker.

Also, Superman (fictional character but still) was an alien refugee from another planet, so he counts as an immigrant, shitwit! How is that more “American” than a Black Captain America?! Miserable racists.

Speaking of 90s TV heroes that are trash, Kevin Sorbo has been encouraging people not to get vaccinated for covid.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Speaking of 90s TV heroes that are trash, Kevin Sorbo has been encouraging people not to get vaccinated for covid.

Lucy Lawless needs to whoop his ass, metaphorically speaking, again with this stupidity.  (Literally, too, although I am not advocating violence.)

• Love 15
17 hours ago, Quof said:

I can't deal with Busy Philipps.  I've been watching a lot of the press for Girls5eva, but she annoys the hell out of me.

I agree. I haven’t seen Girls5eva but i used to follow her on Instagram and had to stop because I found her so annoying and bitchy.

• Love 3
On 7/6/2021 at 3:57 PM, supposebly said:

I thought he and Matthew Goode were the same person for years despite them not really looking alike. I think it's because they give of the same mildly creepy vibe.

• LOL 3
(edited)
On 7/9/2021 at 11:29 AM, Quof said:

I can't deal with Busy Philipps.  I've been watching a lot of the press for Girls5eva, but she annoys the hell out of me. She acts like a teenager and can't match her co-stars' acting or singing.  Mostly it's the eyebrows.  If you're going to be a bottled blonde, then go all in. Those black caterpillars on her face are ruining the illusion. 

OH MY GOD YESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They are trying so hard to make her happen!  Her book, her failed talk show, the commercials she's in!  Nobody works harder than Busy's publicist.  Once again, somebody I'm actively trying to avoid who is somehow ALWAYS on my TV screen!

I feel like they're trying to cultivate this cult of personality surrounding her but it's just all bullshit!  She was on Cougar Town, (and maybe Freaks & Geeks?) and that's it!  How is she always around?  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5

Maybe I'm totally off about this but IMO for the one born Elizabeth Jean Phillips to have opted to use her childhood nickname of Busy as her performing name IMO seems a sign of an someone who's obnoxious expecting others to consider them adorable. I mean, I realize that it's likely that there are already performers in the guild with both her original given names but surely she could have derived a performing name for one or both of them instead of going with something that had previously almost always been used as an adjective. I only hope no fans out there consider bestowing her performing name on their offspring. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

The only thing I've seen her in is Drunk History and she did a good job. Doesn't mean she isn't a terrible person or over-exposed.

23 hours ago, janie jones said:

I thought he and Matthew Goode were the same person for years despite them not really looking alike. I think it's because they give of the same mildly creepy vibe.

Oh, thank God I'm not alone in getting creepy vibes off Matthew Goode. Mary should've chosen the other guy on Downton Abbey, and I found him repellent in Discovery of Witches. I couldn't get into the story because I found him so off-putting.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Blergh said:

Maybe I'm totally off about this but IMO for the one born Elizabeth Jean Phillips to have opted to use her childhood nickname of Busy as her performing name IMO seems a sign of an someone who's obnoxious expecting others to consider them adorable. I mean, I realize that it's likely that there are already performers in the guild with both her original given names but surely she could have derived a performing name for one or both of them instead of going with something that had previously almost always been used as an adjective. I only hope no fans out there consider bestowing her performing name on their offspring. 

Many people use their nickname as the name they go by, and performers are no different - Miley Cyrus, Spike Lee, Buster Keaton, Cyd (had been Sid) Charisse, Bing Crosby, Judge Reinhold, etc. - so I don't regard it as any cause for concern or analysis.  In fact, so many performers have been told they need to pick a stage name because their given name is too [insert pejorative here, and all too often "ethnic" fits the bill], I'm glad when it's their choice, and of a name that already belonged to them.

• Love 14
Just now, Bastet said:

Many people use their nickname as the name they go by, and performers are no different - Miley Cyrus, Spike Lee, Buster Keaton, Cyd (had been Sid) Charisse, Bing Crosby, Judge Reinhold, etc. - so I don't regard it as any cause for concern or analysis.  In fact, so many performers have been told they need to pick a stage name because their given name is too [insert pejorative here, and all too often "ethnic" fits the bill], I'm glad when it's their choice, and of a name that already belonged to them.

I get that for virtually all the above  listed but Miss Phillips herself seems to be a more deliberately obnoxious person who wants others to consider her to be adorable so, in her case, Busy highlights this instead of makes her unique or special in a positive way! 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

I’m not a fan of Busy, but I read her book. She has a big personality and a need for attention that is very, very annoying. However, I don’t really mind her. She’s…fine and easily ignored.

For me she's more exhausting than anything. She is easy to mostly ignore so she doesn't bother me but seeing her name attached to something means I have to REALLY want to watch it to bother, otherwise, I see her name and just move on. She is one of those people who seems like she's trying too hard and that wears me out. 

• Love 3

I only know her from Vice Principals. I kept seeing a lot of vocal chatter of people who seemed to think she was the greatest thing since sliced bread and needed a bigger role on the show, but she just seemed sort of there to me. I didn't find her awful, but I also didn't find her inherently interesting or engaging.

• Love 3

I always get surprised when I see Busy Phillips outside of anything that is Freaks and Geeks because, imo, I think that was her peak. I don't hate her or anything but she is just vaguely there for me.  Honestly, I think her name is the best thing about her.  At least it is different.  LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Rob Schneider is getting on my nerves.  It's not like he's ever overwhelmed me with his great talent, so his annoying personality doesn't come as a great disappointment like it would if it were someone I previously liked.  The only problem is that when the Giants won the World Series in 2010, MLB enlisted him to do the voiceover on the video recapping the season for some reason, though at least his voice isn't that recognizable on this.  Yuck.  I remember that he was also hanging around on the TV broadcast of their parade, and he insulted past players and one of the team's popular announcers, Duane Kuiper (Schneider thought he was mocking national announcer Joe Buck's call of the final out, but was confused, it was Kuiper's call).  At least they made another unofficial video that featured Kuiper doing the voiceover instead.

Edited by KWalkerInc
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

Rob Schneider is getting on my nerves.  It's not like he's ever overwhelmed me with his great talent, so his annoying personality doesn't come as a great disappointment like it would if it were someone I previously liked.  The only problem is that when the Giants won the World Series in 2010, MLB enlisted him to do the voiceover on the video recapping the season for some reason, though at least his voice isn't that recognizable on this.  Yuck.  I remember that he was also hanging around on the TV broadcast of their parade, and he insulted past players and one of the team's popular announcers, Duane Kuiper (Schneider thought he was mocking national announcer Joe Buck's call of the final out, but was confused, it was Kuiper's call).  At least they made another unofficial video that featured Kuiper doing the voiceover instead.

He's an anti-vaxxer, so that's something new. Oh, boy.....and we thought Kirk was crazy.

• Love 4

While you are it, you could add Jon Lovitz there. I could understand Victoria Jackson being just plain crazy with nothing to offer or Dennis Miller being virtually unfunny for decades since 2001, but when he pulled that old bullhorn a month back about cancel culture,blah, blah, well, that's the ticket! Well, we know now who was the talented one on SNL and it was not you, Jon. So you could shout at the clouds for all I care. Jeez....

• Love 4

Binging Schitt's Creek I would like to add Chris Elliot to my list of actors I can't stand. He basically wrecked every scene he is in. He is never funny or interesting and his acting is pretty bad. Also a shower would help and a better wig.

I am also adding Noah Reid (Patrick) to my list but only because the presence of Patrick mostly ended the relationship of one of my favorite couples ever on TV - David and Stevie.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, juno said:

Binging Schitt's Creek I would like to add Chris Elliot to my list of actors I can't stand. He basically wrecked every scene he is in. He is never funny or interesting and his acting is pretty bad. Also a shower would help and a better wig.

I am also adding Noah Reid (Patrick) to my list but only because the presence of Patrick mostly ended the relationship of one of my favorite couples ever on TV - David and Stevie.

I don't dislike Patrick but I always just found him dull and uninteresting.  I was never enamored much with he and David like many others who thought their story was so great. 

• Love 4

I just very recently watched Schitt's Creek, and I love David and Stevie as friends and thought that blessedly brief period where she had romantic feelings for him was ridiculous and like Patrick with David, and with David and Stevie.  But I completely agree on Chris Elliott.  He's unbearably annoying - I don't mean doing a great job playing an annoying character, I mean being annoying so that an awful character is damn near unwatchable.  I have no idea what he is like in real life, but I find him downright repugnant on screen.  His presence actually angers me sometimes.  It's quite a visceral thing.

• Love 19