Type keyword(s) to search

Ugh!: Actors, Hosts, And TV Personalities You Just Can't Stand

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Anduin said:

I just looked it up. Yeah, I can see how that is. Sorry. Either way, it's crap and should go away.

1970 was well before my time in Kent.  Also years before my dad went there.  I did work with someone who's mother was a retired police dispatcher or a retired 9-1-1 operator who worked that weekend and also that Monday.  The events of that weekend and Monday shaped the town in many ways. People moved there specifically to make sure the events were never forgotten, and the university has a whole archive/museum dedicated to preserving the historical record.   

• Useful 6

Saw a link here to a new show and it reminded me of someone I just can't stand, Gordon Ramsey.  I've heard his private persona is very different from the way he presents himself on TV.  I certainly hope that's true.  But it doesn't make me like him any better.

• Like 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Bethany said:

Saw a link here to a new show and it reminded me of someone I just can't stand, Gordon Ramsey.  I've heard his private persona is very different from the way he presents himself on TV.  I certainly hope that's true.  But it doesn't make me like him any better.

I have a friend whose son is a professional hair stylist for movies and tv.  He's worked on episodes of Master Chef and says that yes, Gordon is very different in person.  He says that he's really nice. You can glimpse some of that on his non-American shows, as well as Next Level Chef.  But, he's famous as a chef and as someone who has several tv shows, so, sure, there's a always a bit of an ego showing through, but all in all, he's not the dick you see screaming at everyone on Hell's Kitchen.

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Like 6
  • Useful 2
2 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

I have a friend whose son is a professional hair stylist for movies and tv.  He's worked on episodes of Master Chef and says that yes, Gordon is very different in person.  He says that he's really nice. You can glimpse some of that on his non-American shows, as well as Next Level Chef.  But, he's famous as a chef and as someone who has several tv shows, so, sure, there's a always a bit of an ego showing through, but all in all, he's not the dick you see screaming at everyone on Hell's Kitchen.

Agree with this 💯%! I used to have short videos of Gordon at his restaurants, chatting with his chefs on my FB feed a few years ago, and he’s so charming. And even on TouTube videos with his family during the pandemic.

I’ve stated in the threads of his cooking shows that I would LOVE to have him come to my home and show me how to cook any of his meals. Watching him cook is just amazing. I especially love when we see him demo on his shows.

I really loved him on The F Word-he was funny and charming. Yes, I know I’m repeating myself. I wish I had his talent for cooking, and on a purely shallow note, I find it incredibly sexy how he does it as a lefty. Don’t ask me why. Maybe because I wish I were a lefty?

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I find it incredibly sexy how he does it as a lefty. Don’t ask me why. Maybe because I wish I were a lefty?

While I'm a proud lefty, we're just ordinary people. What's so special? What's to be desired?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I wish I had his talent for cooking, and on a purely shallow note, I find it incredibly sexy how he does it as a lefty. Don’t ask me why. Maybe because I wish I were a lefty?

39 minutes ago, Anduin said:

While I'm a proud lefty, we're just ordinary people. What's so special? What's to be desired?

36 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I can’t explain it. Sorry?

Hehehe, this is one of the funniest exchanges I've seen on here in awhile.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
16 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Hehehe, this is one of the funniest exchanges I've seen on here in awhile.

It's early, I'm tired and confused. Help.

On 5/4/2023 at 9:37 AM, Anduin said:

This is more of a concept, but May the 4th as Star Wars Day. It's just a crap pun on May the Force be with you. The original Star Wars actually came out on the 25th of May. However, it's possibly the anniversary of when I moved into my new home. Celebrate that if you want. :)

Quoting myself, because tomorrow is the 25th! Tomorrow is the time to Star Wars Day your hearts out!

• LOL 5
(edited)
On 5/13/2023 at 1:38 PM, Bethany said:

How about another Ramsey, Dave Ramsey.  He used to be on TV.  Maybe he's only on YouTube now.  He has some good ideas for people, but now he just exploits people by selling things. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
4 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

How about another Ramsey, Dave Ramsey.  He used to be on TV.  Maybe he's only on YouTube now.  He has some good ideas for people, but now he just exploits people by selling things. 

I doubt the two Ramseys are closer than rather distant cousins since the latter Ramsey's folks seemed to have emigrated from the Old Country X number of generations ago. However both seem to have cut from the same meanspirited, sarcastic cloth!

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Don't know if you saw, but it was recently reported that he's now being sued by several former listeners over a timeshare company he pitched.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/06/03/dave-ramsey-sued-for-150-million-from-listeners-who-followed-his-advice/70284907007/

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 7
  • Useful 2

Since he's going to be on a FOX reality show I won't be watching I can share my dislike for him here too. Lance Armstrong is going to be on a reality show called "Stars on Mars". There are a few others cast as those who are probably meant to be seen as villains' too, one of the two Toms from "Vanderpump Rules" being one of the others. 

Lance's cheating ways went on for so long though and all of the issues it caused for other people made me not want to hear or see from him ever again. In the comment section on one site people are saying that others who don't like him should go easier because of the foundation he helped create. To me though plenty of wealthy people start foundations or give money to causes to make themselves look better all the while being awful people at the same time.

• Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Danny Masterson, for obvious reasons.  My sick kitty has been wanting to spend our evenings in a room where the only thing working is a VCR, so the first thing I reached for was my Cybill tapes (I recorded the whole series when it aired in syndication on Oxygen).  That's the only thing I've ever seen Masterson in, and I really enjoyed him as Justin.  Now, knowing he's a rapist, I wonder if the episodes in which he appears are going to be ruined for me.

• Like 6
On 4/9/2023 at 2:17 AM, Blergh said:

I liked Alton Brown when he first started out as a nerdy food scientist who had fun explaining why certain steps had to be taken to keep recipes,etc. from going kablooey. But then when they got him to host competitions and even before Good Eats ended, he devolved to be a rather meanspirited bully.

I used to like him too. What the hell happened? 🤷‍♂️

I recently saw him in commercials for that snake oil Mayim Bialik used to shill (as a neuroscientist). I am sure I heard Alton commenting on celebrity shilling in the past...

On 4/24/2023 at 4:21 PM, katie9918 said:

In related news, CNN dumped multi-time misogynist Don Lemon.

MSNBC needs to dump that racist homophobe, Joy Reid.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1