Type keyword(s) to search

Ugh!: Actors, Hosts, And TV Personalities You Just Can't Stand

• Start Topic

On 12/9/2022 at 5:44 PM, Mabinogia said:

It is terrifying that there are people in this world who think that way. Holy shit!

I’d like to see the recording in this case, because I find that very difficult (not impossible, mind you; there are too many insane bigots in this world, but so much that the left parrots has already been proven to be outright lies) to believe.

It’s also pretty apparent that this shooter was likely not inspired by the likes of the Camerons, so I think Candace at least (who I find condescending in her “love” to those who find her opinions so offensive as to actually call her evil, which is a major problem some activists have, and as for Kirk, that raging asshole can fend for himself) is owed an apology by those who blamed her specifically for this Colorado atrocity. 

Edited by katie9918
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
On 12/11/2022 at 6:41 PM, katie9918 said:

I’d like to see the recording in this case, because I find that very difficult (not impossible, mind you; there are too many insane bigots in this world, but so much that the left parrots has already been proven to be outright lies) to believe.

It’s also pretty apparent that this shooter was likely not inspired by the likes of the Camerons, so I think Candace at least (who I find condescending in her “love” to those who find her opinions so offensive as to actually call her evil, which is a major problem some activists have, and as for Kirk, that raging asshole can fend for himself) is owed an apology by those who blamed her specifically for this Colorado atrocity. 

The odds are like me this lunatic couldn’t give a 💩 about Cameron or her opinions.  If he even knew who she was.  

I don’t mean to be insensitive it just seems Cameron is getting inadvertently a lot of publicity for her tv network or whatever it was she was doing 

Edited by BlueSkies
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, BlueSkies said:

The odds are like me this lunatic couldn’t give a 💩 about Cameron or her opinions.  If he even knew who she was.  

I don’t mean to be insensitive it just seems Cameron is getting inadvertently a lot of publicity for her tv network or whatever it was she was doing 

Your probably right. Sometimes I wonder if hate speech from politicians or comments from people like Candace and others are making lunatics feel more emboldened but he would have done it regardless. He doesn't need a reason.  

• Like 2
17 hours ago, BlueSkies said:

Candace is the one who gave the interview who said her network was going to focus on "traditional" marriages.   She was publicizing her network and maybe not realizing it made her views on same sex marriage clear to some people.  

8 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Thanks Candace Cameron, now I know how you feel about gay marriage, you've earned a spot with actors, hosts and tv personalities that I just can't stand. 

Yes. It was her own words.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Candace knew what she was doing since she's been at this for years using that coded language so she can claim deniability later on. The people she's trying to reach will know exactly what she meant. At the same time it gets GAC plenty of publicity so those people who she's talking to that don't already know will have a better chance of finding the channel.

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Her insistence that she loves everybody is condescending and makes her comments even more offensive.  

Oh, and I guess that this is as good a place as any to mention that in Boy Meets World, the future Mrs. Bure played a witch. No, not a cute and funny witch like Sabrina or Samantha but one who actually was trying to do harm to the regulars Eric and Jack. .and it wasn't supposed to be a dream/fantasy episode or a misunderstanding! I wonder how she explains away having done that role!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

This may seem completely out of nowhere. It kind of is because I am watching a show that brought this acting family to mind. 

The Fox theatrical/acting family dynasty annoys me. Laurence more so than the rest. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Enigma X said:

The Fox theatrical/acting family dynasty annoys me. Laurence more so than the rest. 

I like Emilia Fox who's been on Silent Witness for years, but also pops up in fun roles on shows like Inside No. 9 and The Wrong Mans. She's also a great audiobook narrator. I don't know what happened to Laurence. Last I checked, he went full-on far-right. It's hard to believe he was once married to Billie Piper.

Edited by krankydoodle
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Jaded said:

Candace knew what she was doing since she's been at this for years using that coded language so she can claim deniability later on. The people she's trying to reach will know exactly what she meant. At the same time it gets GAC plenty of publicity so those people who who she's talking to that don't already know will have a better chance of finding the channel.

I agree. She knew what she was doing when she said it. Between her words and the head of GAC Bill Abbott saying how happy he was that they were going back to "family" movies and "safe" it's pretty clear the direction GAC is going which is why I refuse to watch anything or anyone on that channel. Danica McKellar who I really like also chose to go join him on his network. I chose not to watch any of her movies anymore.  

15 hours ago, Haleth said:

Her insistence that she loves everybody is condescending and makes her comments even more offensive.  

When ever any "Christian" like Candace says that I don't believe them they never really mean it. If she really loved everyone she would love and support couples who fell in love and got married whether their men and women, men and men or women and women. She wouldn't say what she said. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

When ever any "Christian" like Candace says that I don't believe them they never really mean it. If she really loved everyone she would love and support couples who fell in love and got married whether their men and women, men and men or women and women. She wouldn't say what she said. 

"I love you so much, I don't think you should date. I don't think you should have sex. I don't think you should fall in love. I don't think you should get married. I don't think you should have a family. I don't think you should have the right to adopt."

WTF kind of love is that? 

• Like 4
  • Applause 14
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

"I love you so much, I don't think you should date. I don't think you should have sex. I don't think you should fall in love. I don't think you should get married. I don't think you should have a family. I don't think you should have the right to adopt."

WTF kind of love is that? 

I would answer, but I'll get banned.

1 hour ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Celebrities and people who truly love and care about everyone generally don't have to say it to remind people. 

I know it sounds cynical and jaded but those who constantly exclaim loving others yet do little if anything to demonstrate any love or caring more often than not protest too much to attempt to guilt-trip and/or otherwise manipulate their targets. That had to be one of the saddest lessons I had to learn upon growing up.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

The thing with Candace's comment "I am a devoted Christian. Which means that I believe that every human being bears the image of God. Because of that, I am called to love all people, and I do" is that she is basically saying she loves everyone because she has to, not because she is an open and loving person but because God told her to and she doesn't want to be on his bad side. That's not the same as actually being a loving person. You can't love people and then say that their families aren't worthy of being seen on television/media because they are not "traditional". Not all traditions are good. Just because that's how things once were doesn't mean it's how things should still be. 

• Like 15
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2

My view, is Candace jumped from Hallmark to GAC for the extra title (she has some executive title), and it translated to money.   I bet they promised they'll keep with the usual boring storylines, and she won't ever have to be in the presence of gay actors.   

She's not 20 something anymore, like the characters she played on Hallmark, and her last few Christmas movies were awful.   

I bet Hallmark wanted to either pair her with older co-stars, and change the storyline to stepmothers, or second marriage, and she refused.      At least she told everyone her views, so people can decide what channels to watch, and the ones to avoid.   Personally, I always thought she agreed with her brother's statements, and just didn't say so to preserve her paycheck.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 10
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

At least she told everyone her views, so people can decide what channels to watch, and the ones to avoid.   Personally, I always thought she agreed with her brother's statements, and just didn't say so to preserve her paycheck.  

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Love 8

The recent nastiness spewed by Jeremy Clarkson reminded me of how much I loathe him.  I guess he must have noticed how no one was thinking about him anymore and decided to get some attention.  If you can't get it for your talent I guess getting it for being a racist, misogynist jerk is a way to go.

• Like 12
Just now, Elizabeth Anne said:

The recent nastiness spewed by Jeremy Clarkson reminded me of how much I loathe him.  I guess he must have noticed how no one was thinking about him anymore and decided to get some attention.  If you can't get it for your talent I guess getting it for being a racist, misogynist jerk is a way to go.

Before his crappy comments I could not stand him. I just added another reason to the list.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

Another mouthpiece of the establishment. The old, white, privileged, casually racist establishment. 

He and Piers Morgan might be bitter enemies, but they're far more alike than either would like to admit. The main difference is, Clarkson is actually a talented presenter and really good at approaching subjects with a populist, witty take. It's a shame that the buffoonish character he plays so often on TV masks his far meaner true self.

Whenever anyone swoons over the British monarchy, they need to remember that this is why they still exist - a press industry that is devoted to protecting them and making monsters of anyone who steps out of line - Diana, Fergie, Harry, Meghan. They were all attacked and smeared in the press viciously for not toeing the line, for doing things 'unbecoming' of royalty and, finally, for trying to get the fuck away from that family (though it's not so much the actual family doing the dirty work, it's all their hangers on and secretaries and lickspittles).

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I'm thankful I never heard of that Clarkson individual before yesterday but that horrific attack on the Duchess of Sussex was so vile that he made Mrs. Osbourne seem like Miss Manners! Honestly, I   never imagined someone that wasn't a monkey in a zoo could have have expressed that about any other individual!  YEESH!

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 9
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Blergh said:

Honestly, I   never imagined someone that wasn't a monkey in a zoo could have have expressed that about any other individual! 

Granted, I've not spent a lot of time around monkeys, but I've yet to hear one go on a misogynoir-fueled rant.

• Like 9

Gio Benitez of Good Morning America. He’s usually a reporter but they let him substitute on days where even the weekend anchors are off. His loud, phony voice is like nails on a blackboard. He has way too many teeth and looks like the Grinch (I suspect a bad veneer job). And he’s apparently a big fitness buff and yesterday morning they did an exercise routine with him where one of the other anchors commented on his “rock hard abs”. Vomit.

• Like 1
On 12/20/2022 at 3:32 AM, Blergh said:

I'm thankful I never heard of that Clarkson individual before yesterday but that horrific attack on the Duchess of Sussex was so vile that he made Mrs. Osbourne seem like Miss Manners!

I think he actually expected to be lifted up on people's shoulders and carried around the room to wild applause with people loudly singing his praises.   I am hoping the very clear anger expressed towards him, and the tabloid that printed his hate will make others think twice about passing off racist, misogynist drivel as "news" or "just my opinion" but I doubt it, sadly.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I don't hate her or anything, but I was baffled by the choice to make Sonoya Mizuno the lead in Devs. Whenever we were told how her ex Jamie wasn't able to get over her or how current boyfriend Sergei felt about her, I kept thinking "Really? Her?" I almost gave up on the show because I found her so flat and dull. I'm glad I kept going because I did enjoy the show despite her, but I wonder how much more I would've liked it with a more compelling actor in the role.

(And this has been bugging me since I posted it, but @Enigma X I apologize if it seemed like I was trying to undermine or argue with your feelings for the Fox family. Someone did something similar to me and it was really annoying. I should've just kept my 2 cents.)

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, krankydoodle said:

I don't hate her or anything, but I was baffled by the choice to make Sonoya Mizuno the lead in Devs. Whenever we were told how her ex Jamie wasn't able to get over her or how current boyfriend Sergei felt about her, I kept thinking "Really? Her?" I almost gave up on the show because I found her so flat and dull. I'm glad I kept going because I did enjoy the show despite her, but I wonder how much more I would've liked it with a more compelling actor in the role.

She's a friend of showrunner Alex Garland. She pops up in several of his movies.

• Wink 1
  • Useful 1

I don’t hate them, I know very little about them so this is purely me being judgy for the sake of it but Kaley Cuoco and her latest squeeze/baby daddy Tom Pelphrey give me the ick. They’re just so over the top* and like all previous relationships I think it will be over just as quickly as it got going. 

*obviously they’re not as OTT as Kourtney/Travis or Megan Fox/MGK. There’s probably lots of other couples who are worse. I think it’s just the earnestness and being all over cutesy and talking in baby voices that makes me want to puke. 

• Like 4
45 minutes ago, CaffeinatedAunt79 said:

I’d had not heard of Andrew Tate up until recently and wish I still hadn’t heard of him. Still not quite sure where he came from or how he got so famous. But he’s all over my timeline and from what I have learned about him…what an absolute slimeball.

He was a successful kickboxer/MMA fighter, who became a  reality star/influencer. That's how he got famous/infamous.

• Useful 5

I know many here are/were not Kelly Ripa fans to put it nicely.  I saw she is going to be guest hosting the show with her husband Mark next year.

Ryan Seacrest isn't my cup of tea at all but he seems like a gentleman.  There's a clip of Kelly and him hugging.  He'll keep it classy but I wonder if part of it was she burned him out talking over him? 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, BlueSkies said:

He'll keep it classy but I wonder if part of it was she burned him out talking over him? 

I doubt it's personal. His first contract was only for three years. If he had an issue hosting with Kelly, he could have left after that first contract.

I think it's the obvious reason and one I thought of immediately when he was first hired. Simply, he's an LA/CA guy and he's tired of going back and forth. One thing people forget is that when he initially agreed to do Kelly & Ryan, the American Idol revival hadn't been announced yet.  In fact, it got announced a few weeks after he started on the daytime show and he wasn't announced as coming back to host until that summer.  I suspect he wouldn't have agreed to do Kelly & Ryan had he been doing AI. 

AI is always his first love and after five years of doing both, he's just done with the schedule. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 5

Cate Blanchett. Not only is her acting shitty but her love for Roman Polanski & Woody Allen is just beyond vile. She named one of her KIDS after Roman Polanski even. There is a special place in hell for women like her(same for Jodie Foster) who stand by pedo's and rapists. Jodie Foster lost me because she continuously sticks by Mel Gibson. It makes me wonder if these two women have the same mindset as the men they support. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 7
3 hours ago, Egg McMuffin said:

John Cena defended Vince McMahon’s multitude of sexual assault allegations and payouts over the years by saying “We all make mistakes.” I always suspected he was kind of an idiot; this removes all doubts.

https://tvline.com/2023/03/14/john-cena-vince-mcmahon-sexual-misconduct-wwe-wrestlemania/

If he's willing to defend Vince's predatory nature I'm thinking he might be more than just an idiot.

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
(edited)
On 4/1/2023 at 6:20 PM, Egg McMuffin said:

John Cena defended Vince McMahon’s multitude of sexual assault allegations and payouts over the years by saying “We all make mistakes.” I always suspected he was kind of an idiot; this removes all doubts.

https://tvline.com/2023/03/14/john-cena-vince-mcmahon-sexual-misconduct-wwe-wrestlemania/

I think it's fair to say that everyone who has worked for Vince McMahon has a complicated view of him.

Mick Foley, for example, has talked at length about how much of a nightmare Vince could be, but also pointed out times when Vince rehired wrestlers he had no use for just because "sometimes, Vince likes to be nice."

He gave chance after chance to walking disasters like Marty Jannetty, he hired guys who had publicly insulted him, and there are countless stories about him being so approachable when guys had ideas for their characters or matches.

On the other hand, I've heard so many stories that paint him as a complete fucking sociopath and unfeeling monster. He loved nothing more than repeatedly humiliating Jim Ross a loyal servant to the company for years, and got pissed when someone told him skits like the one where he played a doctor extracting increasingly strange things from JR's rectum weren't funny.

There's a story where he and a senior member of his backstage team decided to race each other to the next venue, and Vince tried to drive the guy off the road.

He once had police arrest someone who worked for him as "a prank" that he found hilarious.

Jim Ross once had to convince Vince that they should hire Gail Kim, a female wrestler, by explaining to him that a lot of men actually do find Asian women attractive.

Vince once suggested doing a wrestling angle where he fathered a baby with his own daughter. She refused to take part so he instead took two wrestlers, gave them brother and sister characters and had them written as an incestuous pair. 

He hates sneezing, considers it a sign of weakness. He apparently refuses to ever be seen unshaved, because that means he's "letting the stubble win."

In short, Vince McMahon is a fucking nutcase, and I would have thought anyone who has worked with him would try to avoid defending him too fervently.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Like 8
  • Mind Blown 2
1 minute ago, Danny Franks said:

He hates sneezing, considers it a sign of weakness.

giphy.gif

There's so much bullshit to unpack in all the other things you listed, but that is truly a new one on me. 

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 9
(edited)

I, on the other hand, love a good sneeze.  In fact, one of life's little every day disappointments is when you're trying to conjure a sneeze and you lose it.  

Edited by kiddo82
  • Like 14
5 minutes ago, kiddo82 said:

I, on the other hand, love a good sneeze.  In fact, one of life's little every day disappointments is when you're trying to conjure a sneeze and you lose it.  

I'm prone to prolonged sneezing fits when I come into contact with environmental allergy triggers, so in the midst of the sneezing chaos, my brain basically shuts down and just screams "Pollen? Dust? Mold?" over and over again until it stops. I'd probably find them more enjoyable without that. LOL

• Wink 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Zella said:

giphy.gif

There's so much bullshit to unpack in all the other things you listed, but that is truly a new one on me. 

Would he prefer someone choking to death on their phlegm?

Cena's defense of him somewhat brings to mind the defense of Matthew McConaughey gave for his acquaintance Lance Armstrong after Mr. Armstrong admitted to having repeatedly perjured himself, cheated, indulged in steroids, deliberately sabotaged whistleblowers,etc.

McConaughey said that Armstrong had lied to him but 'wasn't a liar 'and after a brief flash of conscience re Armstrong's duplicity, McConaughey said Armstrong had done him a favor by not telling McConaughey that'd he'd lied.

SO MUCH WRONG THERE! First of all, it wasn't as though Armstrong had told a solitary lie but hundreds in the course of roughly a decade, and that he'd not only stripped the next fastest non-steroid using competitors from getting the Tour de France for SEVEN YEARS but his vile actions had almost singlehandedly derailed  the entire competitive cycling venue worldwide! Oh, via Armstrong's own spin to Miss Winfrey he DID admit to his then-minor son that he'd cheated several years before he himself admitted it for public record  but at best asked or at worst coerced his son to keep that wretched confidence.

Yet, somehow McConaughey was willing to shrug ALL the above (including the fact that via Armstrong's spin, he'd done EXACTLY to his own young  son what McConaughey believed he's spared him).

My POV of McConaughey went straight from 'meh' to buzzards of a feather after that (and this was before he'd published his bio glorifying his parents' dysfunctional if not abusive union and many of his own dubious stunts).

Yep, my Nana was right,  there's a good reason WHY the adage of 'you lay  with dogs, you awaken with fleas' *has been passed down for centuries!

*Apologies in advance to all canines and parasitical insects unfairly tarred by the above comparison.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I'm prone to prolonged sneezing fits when I come into contact with environmental allergy triggers, so in the midst of the sneezing chaos, my brain basically shuts down and just screams "Pollen? Dust? Mold?" over and over again until it stops. I'd probably find them more enjoyable without that. LOL

Yeah.  That's probably not as much fun. 

• Like 2
On 11/21/2018 at 5:42 PM, Jaded said:

I agree about both of your opinions. There's something about Chip and Joanna that sets off my spidey-sense. I don't care about how many children any of them have and am of the opinion that just because someone has kids doesn't mean it's made them a better person.

Chip and Joanna bring to mind the immortal Sondheim lyric "Nice is different than good.". How much do you want to bet that Joanna eats personal assistants for lunch. 

And, just for the record: HAVING CHILDREN, BE IT 1 OR 1000, DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY MAKE YOU A GOOD PERSON. 

Write it, tweet it, embroider it on a fucking cushion. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 8
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 4/6/2023 at 7:54 PM, oliviabenson said:

I don’t like:

Kelly Ripa And her husband 

Ryan Seacrest 

Racheal Ray

Martha Stewart

Alton Brown 

I used to love Kelly Ripa and her husband when they were on All My Children and was a huge fan of Hayley and Mateo. I hated when she landed her gig because I didn't want her to leave. I didn't like her on Regis and Kelly or whatever that was called. She just gets more obnoxious and annoying. I've seen a couple shows that her husband was on and he really isn't a good actor. Maybe he's only good when he's opposite his wife? 

I still hold it against Ryan for inflicting the Kardashians on us. What did we do to deserve it?

I never liked Martha or Alton Brown.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Like 7