Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

"I'm not like the other girls" in terms of showing off her "hip LA life" as opposed to her sisters back in AK.  

AR is Arkansas as opposed to AK being Alaska.  :)  

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

Considering the mega mansions televangelists own, Jeremy constantly posting expensive items and bible verses seems a bit on brand. Though I don't follow any televangelists sm, maybe they don't ever post their homes and private jets? 

I don't think Jeremy is trying to flex having money, though (or at least it's not the main motive), I think he's very desperate to be viewed as cool more than well off and is probably looking at what mainstream "influencers" post and thinks he can pull it off. For Jinger this may be her way of flexing "I'm not like the other girls" in terms of showing off her "hip LA life" as opposed to her sisters back in AR.  

Well, he is failing miserably. Both of them are.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
37 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

Considering the mega mansions televangelists own, Jeremy constantly posting expensive items and bible verses seems a bit on brand. Though I don't follow any televangelists sm, maybe they don't ever post their homes and private jets? 

I don't think Jeremy is trying to flex having money, though (or at least it's not the main motive), I think he's very desperate to be viewed as cool more than well off and is probably looking at what mainstream "influencers" post and thinks he can pull it off. For Jinger this may be her way of flexing "I'm not like the other girls" in terms of showing off her "hip LA life" as opposed to her sisters back in AR.  

Jeremy has claimed to be anti prosperity gospel, so his showing off material items is odd.

• Love 15

Jeanne222  Thank you!  This has been bugging me for longer than I care to admit, but I just kept thinking, no it can't be her.......but guess I was wrong lol.  I do wonder how this plays out, do they discus her actual songs at all or just pretend they don't exist.  How does her husband feel about her singing with other dudes....who are probably way better than him (I have never heard him....don't feel like I am going to start now lol)  I do wonder what Jinger thinks, then again I guess it can be used as "see dating is bad because this can happen".....

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, TigerLily20 said:

Jeanne222  Thank you!  This has been bugging me for longer than I care to admit, but I just kept thinking, no it can't be her.......but guess I was wrong lol.  I do wonder how this plays out, do they discus her actual songs at all or just pretend they don't exist.  How does her husband feel about her singing with other dudes....who are probably way better than him (I have never heard him....don't feel like I am going to start now lol)  I do wonder what Jinger thinks, then again I guess it can be used as "see dating is bad because this can happen".....

Gabby performed at one of the county music awards in April and Cade was playing the guitar.  It could have been a covid thing.  I can totally see him being constantly at her side while she navigates her career.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

See back in the early days when Jinger was rolling her eyes at everything, I thought it was because she wanted to get out and didn't espouse her family's beliefs. Well...it is different than I thought. I think she was rolling her eyes more at the "countryness" of her family, and maybe things like having to wear prairie dresses, rather than being fundie per se. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

See back in the early days when Jinger was rolling her eyes at everything, I thought it was because she wanted to get out and didn't espouse her family's beliefs. Well...it is different than I thought. I think she was rolling her eyes more at the "countryness" of her family, and maybe things like having to wear prairie dresses, rather than being fundie per se. 

I agree. I think she just wanted to be more lace curtain. Though I think she and Jeremy have rounded that base into another dimension entirely and have somehow looped back into being just as ridiculous as her family's aesthetic was without having that aesthetic. It's sort of impressive in its ineptness. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 16
35 minutes ago, Tigregirl said:

Oh come on Jeremy, you were an athlete at one time.  Don’t pretend you’ve never worn shorts like that before.

Ikr? He is utterly ridiculous.

Jinger’s recent hair inspiration?

24B12764-26C5-479C-85C8-F0828AAA51C0.jpeg

• LOL 23
  • Love 1

Wasn't it weeks ago that JinJer were seemingly going into some sort of cooking direction complete with faux baking and attempting to frost store bought cookies? What happened to that? I believe there were new items in their shop that they were shilling. I wonder how that all did. After their book promotion is done, what new thing/grift will they try next?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 15
13 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Jeremy has claimed to be anti prosperity gospel, so his showing off material items is odd.

Daddy MacArthur and Jeremy are anti prosperity gospel, but only for others.  One of the main tenets of prosperity gospel is that if you believe enough, pray enough, tithe enough that God will bless you with riches, meaning anyone could potentially become rich through God's favor.  This is too egalitarian for MacArthur.  He prefers clear class distinctions with him and his chosen on the top.  Jeremy's conspicuous consumption has nothing to do with him being blessed by God in some way that others could also be blessed.  It's just what happens to him naturally as a straight, white, cisgender male in America.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
(edited)

Okay, so reading up on Grace Community Church has skeeved me out and put me in a conspiracy frame of mind. The more I read about Grace, the more grossed out I get. The money the top guys hoard, the infighting, the allegations of covering up sexual assault, various members like Jeremy and his homies promoting a prosperity lifestyle. Jinger and Jeremy were introduced to Cade and Gabby by their pastor Michael Mahoney, who has since been fired from the church for various "crimes," one of which may involve the assault coverup.

I'm really curious what the heck is going on behind the scenes at Grace and what role J&J may have in any of it. I'm wondering if there is some old school/new school conflict within the church where Jeremy/Jinger and Gabby/Cade are part of a contingent trying to recreate Grace into a Hillsong style "cool church" that attracts celebs and a younger following. I sorted through a few articles and twitter feeds and it's all very convoluted from the outside looking in. Whatever the case may be, nothing Jinger and Jeremy are doing right now is even remotely organic from their clothing to their outings to their cutesy posts and smiley interviews. It's all an act, and a bad one at that. Sure, insta influencers have PR teams and create these false personas everyday for a living, but there's something off with the way J&J are going about it. I don't believe they are buying their own clothes or paying for their own meals - I think maybe they are being used to promote something besides themselves.

Edited by Call Me Charlie
  • Useful 21
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

uqaftes517371.png?width=828&format=png&a

Acts of love such as fighting the urge to snap at your postpartum wife and yell to her to get it herself when she asks for a glass of water, huh, Jeremy?

Credits to this Reddit post for bringing that to my attention (see the edit towards the bottom of the post).

Here's the full paragraph (chapter Of Colic and Midnight Feedings of The Hope We Hold, taken from Google Books):

There were plenty of days when I didn't feel like being patient, when it would have been easier to snap at my wife or yell, “Get it yourself!” when she asked for a glass of water. I'd heard from fellow parents that it was normal to fight and yell while stuck in the throes of sleepless nights and exhausting days.

Now I've never had to deal with an infant, but I can imagine that the resulting stress and sleep deprivation can for sure cause tensions and some fights. We're all human after all. That being said, the way it's worded and the fact it comes from Jeremy (who from what we've seen seems like an ass who treats Jinger with contempt) really bug me.

IMO he really sounds like an ass here, and he lacks the self-awareness to recognize that.

• Love 8

who from what we've seen seems like an ass who treats Jinger with contempt) 

Divorce researchers say that holding your spouse in contempt is the biggest predictor for splits.

• Useful 12
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Somebody needs to explain to me what an "Escape Room" is. 

It's a place for entertainment.  You basically go though rooms  that are connected but you have to solve clues to get into the next room.  There is usually a time limit to "escape" from the series of rooms.  They usually have a theme and the rooms have lots of props to investigate.  Google it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

It's a place for entertainment.  You basically go though rooms  that are connected but you have to solve clues to get into the next room.  There is usually a time limit to "escape" from the series of rooms.  They usually have a theme and the rooms have lots of props to investigate.  Google it.

for some reason even evangelical churches have gone with this idea. my grands, pre covid, went to many "escape room" events at the bigger evangelical churches in their area. I think probably to escape you were supposed to choose confession of faults, seek forgiveness etc. the grands skipped over that and went on to snacks, candy and prizes.

They do not attend church. Scout Sunday at the sponsor church and that is all.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

Who has a book club for one book? Oh right these two idiots.

Yeah I mean it's not like they're trying to parse Ulysses or Crime and Punishment. How much is there to really talk about in The Hope We Hold? 

• LOL 13
  • Love 6

Last evening I was bored so I went to YouTube and watched Cade Preach!

Cade and Jeremy don’t give up your day job!

Stay with those women with paychecks and bank accounts!

Lordy Jeremy bores me to death and Cade can’t remember what he’s preaching and has to read!

Neither are Preacher Men!  Just a crutch!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I think Punchable Aunt Cade and Little Mama.

But why aren't the bragging photos everywhere? These are the most famous people JinJer could ever hope to snag for Book Club. 

I think Felicity will make an appearance. Jeremy won't be able to resist giving the people who bought his book such a reward.  

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, awaken said:

1 hour ago, awaken said:

Looks like another wildly stimulating evening of skip bo and spicy uno!  They couldn’t care less what worship songs others like. 

Seriously, these 2 think they’re so hip and exciting, but my life at that age was so much wilder and hipper than they could ever imagine. Do they really think playing cards and going to escape rooms is super cool? 😆

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 12
On 6/3/2021 at 6:13 PM, JoanArc said:

Not a Christian sentiment. At All.

Now, lie back and think of Cade while you listen to this one. Or Jer....if you wanna hurl.

I find that overtly religious people in the public eye often do things they would criticize in others. I remember watching a photo shoot with Kathy Ireland. She’s piously reading a Bible in a tiny bikini as the assistant is pouring ice water over her nipples. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I'm watching the coverage of the Belmont Stakes. They were talking about the race before the actual Belmont race, and discussing a jockeys previous horses. One was named "Pocket Square". I laughed so loud I scared my cat. 

Those escape rooms are fun. My grandson went to one with friends for his birthday. 

Jing and Mr Pocketsquare are boring on an Olympic level. 

• LOL 13
3 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Seriously, these 2 think they’re so hip and exciting, but my life at that age was so much wilder and hipper than they could ever imagine. Do they really think playing cards and going to escape rooms is super cool? 😆

To be honest, I'd want to try an escape room at least once, just because I haven't done it before. 

But otherwise, yes, there is no originality in any of their posts. I like playing Phase 10 on occasion, but it seems like they do it a lot. They eat, play Phase 10, and walk around in LA. Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, Crochetlady said:

I'm watching the coverage of the Belmont Stakes. They were talking about the race before the actual Belmont race, and discussing a jockeys previous horses. One was named "Pocket Square". I laughed so loud I scared my cat. 

Those escape rooms are fun. My grandson went to one with friends for his birthday. 

Jing and Mr Pocketsquare are boring on an Olympic level. 

I follow a lot of folks on IG, and the Vuolo’s are, hands down, the most boring, so boring that I unfollowed them.  In the past, they’ve posted several pics of  the two of them playing cards.  On what planet is that considered newsworthy or interesting?  They’re pathetic.

• Love 17
5 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Seriously. My 12 yr old does more fun and exciting activities during a play date with their friends. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

He's even wearing his baseball cap inside his own house? My husband won't leave the house without one but even he won't wear it inside. 

It hides his receding hairline.  Plus I'm sure he thinks it makes him look young and hip.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

My God, that is the dumbest name for a book. Every time I see it written, I shake my head. 

And for a business! 🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 6