Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I'm amazed that someone thought enough of him to invite him back to officiate a wedding.

People will do anything to be Z list adjacent.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

So what does everyone think of the fact that Jeremy claims he asked Jinger to marry him twice before she accepted? How is that even possible in this fundie world?

The real time, then the fake time for the cameras.

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 19
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Yeah, Jeremy put the barest effort into that church that he could and still collect a paycheck. He couldn't wait to leave Laredo in the dust. 

In 5 years he will be back in Laredo bald, overweight and 4 kids in tow. No way he can continue to grift this lifestyle forever. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
11 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

The real time, then the fake time for the cameras.

But if Jinger did indeed refuse his first proposal, why would she continue to speak to him? Why would JB allow him to continue to speak to Jinger if she had already said no? Asking 3 times in this world seems a lot like stalking. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

But if Jinger did indeed refuse his first proposal, why would she continue to speak to him? Why would JB allow him to continue to speak to Jinger if she had already said no? Asking 3 times in this world seems a lot like stalking. 

This doesn't make any sense to me.  Did they continue to see each other and court after she turned him down?  Did she tell him to ask her again later?  I don't plan to read their wretched book, so I don't know what her story about the proposal is.  This is not plausible and I wonder if it is just made up to add a soap-opera drama to the real story.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, Suzn said:

This doesn't make any sense to me.  Did they continue to see each other and court after she turned him down?  Did she tell him to ask her again later?  I don't plan to read their wretched book, so I don't know what her story about the proposal is.  This is not plausible and I wonder if it is just made up to add a soap-opera drama to the real story.

Exactly! It makes no sense. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t alone! 🙂 why hasn’t anyone else on Sm or in their “book group” questioned all this nonsense?

26 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Are they counting the time Jer waited for Boob to green-light the relationship? Because after he gave his approval, Jinger apparently had a moment of hesitation. I bet they're counting that. 

Maybe, but he specifically said she turned down his marriage proposals twice before saying yes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

Exactly! It makes no sense. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t alone! 🙂 why hasn’t anyone else on Sm or in their “book group” questioned all this nonsense?

Maybe, but he specifically said she turned down his marriage proposals twice before saying yes.

I think they're playing fast and loose with the facts. As Duggars are wont to do, natch. 

• Love 18

What's the context of Jinger refusing Jeremy's proposal?

Did Jing want to remain in a courtship for a while longer? Or was she breaking up with him? I remember some excerpt of the book where they were all at Big Sandy when Jinger wouldn't talk to Jeremy because she was unsure of the relationship, or really unsure she could handle the pushback from some who didn't think the relationship should move forward. Were they courting yet then? Or were they still getting to know each other?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

If this story is true--and I don 't think it is, because it would require Jinger having thoughts and opinions--it was probably about the style of proposal rather than any doubts Jinger might have had. I could see Jeremy casually asking her to marry him while they having dinner or something and her being appalled that he didn't plan something extravagant to surprise her with. There were a couple of hilarious moments on the show where Jinger thought Jeremy was going to say something super romantic and her face would drop when he said something mundane instead. Jinger wants big gestures and that's not Jeremy's style unless it's being comped by TLC.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Oh for crap's sake, just shut up.  Go change a diaper or ten, get your wife a glass of water and either study or find a real job, you poser.  Eventually the free house and cars and golf dates and food and high-falutin' coffee drinks and organic ice cream is all going to come to a screeching halt when your mentor finds a new flavor of the month with more influencer status and you're going to end up skulking back to The Big House to scrub toilets for your father-in-law with a wife and two kids to take care of.  No one cares about which of the 6,154 restaurants that you've been to is your favorite.  "Strong words.  Big Claim."  Whatever.

This is the one family I don’t think will go back to Arkansas when it all falls apart. He will get some kind of job and they will have miserably, but they will live away from Jim Bob. 

• Love 20
33 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

This is the one family I don’t think will go back to Arkansas when it all falls apart. He will get some kind of job and they will have miserably, but they will live away from Jim Bob. 

I agree. Worst case scenario, they'll end up near his parents when they can't grift anymore.

• Love 22

She might have turned him down because she  was hesitant about leaving Arkansas. Even though she always talked about doing so, actually having the probability right in front of her might have scared her.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Video of Jeremy’s recent preaching in Laredo:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQICsqRHlRV/

Only had time to listen for a few minutes, so I don't have an opinion on the message. (of course I'm nuts enough to go back and listen to the whole thing some day when I do have time, though.....Can't say I'm looking forward to that....but I expect I'll do it anyway. 😁 )

That aside... he's light years ahead of where he was just a year or so ago in his presentation. 

So he's been working on that. About time! ...I can't fault him for lack of effort in becoming a better speaker. I guess he finally got convinced that that was a necessity. So, good for him. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 12
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/9/2021 at 7:47 PM, leighdear said:

Where in the media has this been given as the reason she backed out?  

What does "welp" mean?  

It just means "well...", but picture saying the word as a commentary (or prelude to a comment), with a wry pressing of your lips together at the end, then sort of tch-ing them back apart.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

"Despite Jeremy being rejected multiple times by Jim Bob and Jinger, he refused to stop."

Gosh, does anyone else see gigantic flashing red neon warning lights all over this statement?

I did have the book on hold at the library but shame made me cancel the hold.  I might have to see what this is about, though.  Not that Jeremy is going to give us any deep insight, but I am curious as to why he pursued Jinger so hard, especially if JB wanted nothing to do with him.  I remember watching the show when Jeremy was stalking pursuing courting Jinger and thinking that JB and Jeremy were sizing each other up like two gorillas in a cage pissing on each other with Jinger caught in the middle.  So romantic.

I also find that story very hard to believe. JB was already very strict about whom he allowed his daughters to speak to, and certainly wouldn’t have allowed Jinger to continue to speak to him if he disapproved and Jinger had also rejected him. I think the whole story was likely made up to give some “interest” to an otherwise very boring book. 

regarding Jinger’s eating disorder, I do absolutely believe that one, but I don’t think she ever really “recovered.” Eating disorders are notoriously difficult to treat, and if simply recommending an appropriate diet/number of daily calories worked, anorexics would quickly be cured. To me, she obviously continues to restrict her food, and hasn’t gotten any professional help with the issue (and even then, it’s extremely difficult to treat successfully.) How can she possibly be any kind of “encouragement “‘or help to readers suffering from the same? 

4 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

That’s exactly what I expected, especially if Jessa “edited” it (sure, Jan).

Yet MORE lies. Sure, Jessa “edited” it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
12 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

4F255978-51E5-474E-B312-710A51C9E4FE.jpeg

I have to say that sandwich does look good, I’d eat that 😋

Jinger and her eating disorder is sad you can’t pray it away otherwise there wouldn’t be such thing as eating disorder clinics.
I feel sorry for any fan who bought that book sounds like a whole load of nonsense with bad advice,re the eating disorder, (I’m sure there’s other bad advice in it too) but surely they must know their fans are young impressionable girls. 

• Love 8
On 6/14/2021 at 7:51 PM, BitterApple said:

Jinger walked right into that one:

Screenshot_20210614-164725_(1)_(1).png

Hey Jinger, if i were you, i'd get those sweet babies down for a nap and drink WINE (not latte) waiting for RFP to come home.  Don't know how you do it

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Boston said:

Hey Jinger, if i were you, i'd get those sweet babies down for a nap and drink WINE (not latte) waiting for RFP to come home.  Don't know how you do it

Don’t you know that wine is the Devils nectar you heathen! 😜 

1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

And the “advice” seems to that it’s ok to be a stalker (under the guise of “not giving up”) and to try to pray away eating disorders. Not only boring, but potentially harmful.

Yes it’s crazy. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

4F255978-51E5-474E-B312-710A51C9E4FE.jpeg

6074B475-BA51-44BA-B8BB-B69AD964A8BB.jpeg

072B2A4C-1317-4BCC-A20C-C7F3EF084573.jpeg

YOU don’t know, JerDawg. UGH. I loved Langer’s! He soils everything. Also, since I feel like being mean, he looks fat and inbred in his sammich picture. Yeah I said it!

• LOL 13
  • Love 4

I'm not sure Jinger truly had or has an eating disorder, and I'm not sure she didn't or doesn't either. There's a host of criteria that needs to be met to be diagnosed with an eating disorder. 

I think it might be more plausible Jinger thought she might have had a problem or she said she had a problem to get more attention. As mentioned upthread, eating disorders are hard to overcome. Jeremy is totally self-absorbed, but with amount of Foody-ness in their lives, he certainly would notice if she was struggling now. I yet to come across a person with a true eating problem that was cured by a 2000 calorie eating plan. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
42 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm not sure Jinger truly had or has an eating disorder, and I'm not sure she didn't or doesn't either. There's a host of criteria that needs to be met to be diagnosed with an eating disorder. 

I think it might be more plausible Jinger thought she might have had a problem or she said she had a problem to get more attention. As mentioned upthread, eating disorders are hard to overcome. Jeremy is totally self-absorbed, but with amount of Foody-ness in their lives, he certainly would notice if she was struggling now. I yet to come across a person with a true eating problem that was cured by a 2000 calorie eating plan. 

You’re right - obviously neither I (I do have an msw and have worked with eating disordered patients), nor anyone else that we know, have spoken to Jinger and can’t know for sure if she does meet the criteria for a true eating disorder, but I was just going with the fact that she herself claimed she did. And if so, she clearly wasn’t treated for it and thus her trying to “encourage” anyone who truly needs help could actually be harmful, not helpful. Anorexia in particular, has a high mortality rate. Just like I think they likely made up the story about Jinger turning Jeremy down, she could have certainly have made up the ED story for attention. And you’re right - with Jeremy’s extreme focus on food, it must be hell for her if she has eating issues. He may be aware of that but just doesn’t care. I doubt she truly expresses her feelings about it to him, or to anyone else.

Edited by Cinnabon
Numerous spelling errors
  • Love 6
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Your right - obviously neither I (I do have an msw and have worked with eating disordered patients), not anyone else that we know have, have spoken to Jinger and can’t know for sure if she does meet the criteria for a true eating disorder, but I was just going with the fact that she herself claimed she did. And if so, she clearly wasn’t treated for it and thus her trying to “encourage” anyone who truly needs help could actually be harmful, not helpful. Anorexia in particular, has a high mortality rate. Just like I think they likely made up the story about Jinger turning Jeremy down, she could have certainly have made up the ED story for attention. And you’re right - with Jeremy’s extreme focus on food, it must be hell for her if she has eating issues. He may be aware of that but just doesn’t care. I doubt she truly expresses her feelings about it, or anyone else.

I so agree, folks with eating disorders are truly unique. I won't work with folks who have active eating disorders because I'm not trained in that highly specialized area, but I've worked with them in our PHP program, while they were still seeing their therapist and also work with folks in remission.

As you know, folks with eating disorders are very good at hiding their issues and at manipulating others, but I think Jeremy would have to be a whole other level of dumb not to see an issue if Jinger has one. I guess of course he could underestimate the seriousness of eating disorders and dismiss any telltale signs. But now that they opened this can of worms, he best be at the ready if Jinger does have a true eating disorder.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

I so agree, folks with eating disorders are truly unique. I won't work with folks who have active eating disorders because I'm not trained in that highly specialized area, but I've worked with them in our PHP program, while they were still seeing their therapist and also work with folks in remission.

As you know, folks with eating disorders are very good at hiding their issues and at manipulating others, but I think Jeremy would have to be a whole other level of dumb not to see an issue if Jinger has one. I guess of course he could underestimate the seriousness of eating disorders and dismiss and telltale signs. But now that they opened this can of worms, he best be at the ready if Jinger does have a true eating disorder.

I do think Jeremy is just that dumb and narcissistic that he wouldn’t recognize if Jinger had an active eating disorder.

• Love 22
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

As you know, folks with eating disorders are very good at hiding their issues and at manipulating others, but I think Jeremy would have to be a whole other level of dumb not to see an issue if Jinger has one. I guess of course he could underestimate the seriousness of eating disorders and dismiss and telltale signs. But now that they opened this can of worms, he best be at the ready if Jinger does have a true eating disorder.

Sadly, I think he is more concerned that she be thin and “camera ready.” As are many men, to be fair.

4 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I do think Jeremy is just that dumb and narcissistic that he wouldn’t recognize if Jinger had an active eating disorder.

My humble (uninformed) opinion is that she mostly restricts, and he now sees that as her “normal.” She may just move food around the plate, or claim she is overly sensitive to gluten or carbs, etc. And he doesn’t know enough and is too self interested to notice. Again, just my armchair opinion.

• Love 23