Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

On 6/9/2021 at 6:38 PM, SMama said:

Who dresses like that to go hiking? 🙄

He doesn’t have a lick of common sense. Not. One. Lick.

35 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

7EAE7861-02C9-4F51-93AB-D5222E4C4464.jpeg

I’m almost certain that those are women’s sunglasses.

• LOL 10

I bet Jeremy is pissed he showed up to play golf without the "right" pullover. I hope the Travis Matthew company sent him a box of hats and pullovers to make him feel better. The right clothes may improve his form. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

As much as I do not want to defend MacArthur and his seminary, as a librarian who has done archival work in the past I feel I must.  That is most likely not the actual library at the seminary.  It's the rare books room.  It's a place to display their treasures for special visitors like that photographer.  The books were positioned for the photoshoot and then returned to their normal resting places.  This is common procedure at most libraries especially ones who have expensive rare books in their collection. What's the point of owning a Guttenberg Bible if you cannot show it off, so libraries build these special rooms.  This is not a room where the average student can go study and use the books there.  

This to me is a failure in marketing for them, though. It's being billed as their expository preaching room that is a resource to the preaching community. The caption then goes on to talk about how there are rare books there, but it being a rare books room actually seems in direct opposition to the stated goal of it being their expository preaching resource room. And unless you read all the way to the end, you're not going to see that note. 

They need to pick a lane! Is this where they show off the books you can look at but not touch or is this room where you can go research expository preaching to your heart's content? 

Aesthetically, it makes more sense as a rare books room, but when they're constantly touting it as an expository preaching room and saying it took them a year to set up but there are barely any books there, they do look like idiots. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

I doubt that. I wonder how much Jeremy helps her. I’m thinking not much at all. 

I'm sure he thinks that since she's already raised several of her mother's children, she's probably got it under control and doesn't need his help.  And with all the golf and food-snorfing and he-man socializing and stalking hanging out with Cade, he simply doesn't have any extra time in his very jam-packed schedule.  Oh, and he goes to school.  🙄

Just by looking at his stupid face, I get the impression that he thinks that child-rearing is women's work. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Zella said:

This to me is a failure in marketing for them, though. It's being billed as their expository preaching room that is a resource to the preaching community. The caption then goes on to talk about how there are rare books there, but it being a rare books room actually seems in direct opposition to the stated goal of it being their expository preaching resource room. And unless you read all the way to the end, you're not going to see that note. 

They need to pick a lane! Is this where they show off the books you can look at but not touch or is this room where you can go research expository preaching to your heart's content? 

Aesthetically, it makes more sense as a rare books room, but when they're constantly touting it as an expository preaching room and saying it took them a year to set up but there are barely any books there, they do look like idiots. 

The copy is misleading, and I can see how this would look like a bait and switch based on that post.  My trained eye noticed there was zero natural light in the room.  That tipped me off that the room is a repository and display space, not a space for actual humans to hang out.  It would also be temperature and humidity controlled.  Not a room the average person would want to spend hours reading in.  

• Useful 8
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The copy is misleading, and I can see how this would look like a bait and switch based on that post.  My trained eye noticed there was zero natural light in the room.  That tipped me off that the room is a repository and display space, not a space for actual humans to hang out.  It would also be temperature and humidity controlled.  Not a room the average person would want to spend hours reading in.  

Yeah you've done a much better job of explaining it than they have! If they led with the idea that this is where they stored their old fancy books, I'd still think the decor was a bit over the top, but I think it would have all seemed so much less weird. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

A hoarde of halfwits?  A convocation of clowns?  A gathering of galoots?  A posse of palookas?

That was fun, lol.  I love words. :)

Hahaha. So funny! Let me add to your list... a gaggle of goons. A lair of losers. A pack of pricks.

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Call Me Charlie said:

A little late on the CMT Awards discussion - A possible reason for Gabby Barrett backing out could be the Covid testing requirement. Since Grace Community Church is defiant about Covid, it's possible she either tested positive or hasn't been vaccinated,  or she might have refused to participate in Covid testing  at all. 

It's certainly possible, but she must have come across this requirement in the past year and a half. Hasn't she been on other award shows and done a new video?

I hope she didn't test positive.  If she did, Cade is probably going to catch it and maybe Jinger and Jeremy too. Book Club involves a lot of talking in close quarters. 

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

It's certainly possible, but she must have come across this requirement in the past year and a half. Hasn't she been on other award shows and done a new video?

I hope she didn't test positive.  If she did, Cade is probably going to catch it and maybe Jinger and Jeremy too. Book Club involves a lot of talking in close quarters. 

They all deserve what’s coming to them, if true 🤷‍♀️

• Love 5
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I certainly hope Jinger gets as much "me time" as Jeremy does.

When my kid was Felicity's age all the me time I got was going to to bathroom and make sure I locked the door or she would come in too and that was with a husband who was helping out with the kid. JereMe seems to be having very little interest in the actual child rearing part of having kids, photo ops are obviously ok.

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I'm all for calling assholes assholes. I can't tolerate Jeremy and his ilk at all. 

I might be cranky today.

An assemblage of assholes works for me. 

I had a problem-plagued day at work, and I'm cranky too. I can't stand Jeremy on my best day, however, so it really doesn't matter. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah you've done a much better job of explaining it than they have! If they led with the idea that this is where they stored their old fancy books, I'd still think the decor was a bit over the top, but I think it would have all seemed so much less weird. 

The first picture Jer posted was a b&w. It had a laptop sitting on the table. They really seemed to be going for a "pastors study here" vibe.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The first picture Jer posted was a b&w. It had a laptop sitting on the table. They really seemed to be going for a "pastors study here" vibe.

I missed that one it must have been a story instead of a post.  The one pic I see on his feed is completely staged.   The room is too dark for anyone to study.  

And given how MacArthur operates, I can totally see him sparing no expense on a room like that, and only letting in his chosen few while the plebes look on.  Maybe Jeremy has library privileges and can study there as long as he is on Daddy MacArthur's good graces. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I'm all for calling assholes assholes. I can't tolerate Jeremy and his ilk at all. 

I might be cranky today.

He actually makes me angry. 

and why would there need to be a special room years in the making to study or perform expository preaching? Other than showing off for IG of course. 

• Love 6

I just want to say that Gabby backing out of one minor awards show is not going to cancel her career. Both of her singles have been number 1 on the country weeks for some weeks each, and her song "I Hope" was as high as #3 on the Hot 100 Music Chart for all genres. 

Does Cade go to Jeremy's seminary? If not, why was he there?

Name-dropping brands is usually seen as shallow, Jeremy. I've never even heard of Travis Matthew.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 6/7/2021 at 11:32 AM, Zella said:

At my library, it is not saved on anything we see. We really only deal with our ebook readers when they need to have their address/contact info updated once a year. They'll get blocked at that point and contact us. We update that from our normal software, but we still never what they are reading ebook-wise. I am not sure we could, short of literally logging into that separate account with their card number and password, which we would never do, even if we had the password. 

So, one could read all the Duggar books in the world and be safely anonymous! :)

I just checked. No The Hope We Hold in our physical collection, though we do have Growing Up Duggar and A Love That Multiplies. We don't have any Duggar titles in our ebook collection, so you would have to do a walk of shame to the circ desk to check them out with us. LOL

To my complete surprise, the DC library has four hardcover copies of the book, no ebooks. They're situated at four separate branches -- in three of the four quadrants of the city. One copy is checked out. I think they may have overbought. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 11
(edited)
11 hours ago, Temperance said:

I just want to say that Gabby backing out of one minor awards show is not going to cancel her career. Both of her singles have been number 1 on the country weeks for some weeks each, and her song "I Hope" was as high as #3 on the Hot 100 Music Chart for all genres. 

This may have been posted before, but this is the history of I Hope's performance as per Wikipedia:

"I Hope" debuted at number 74 on the Billboard Hot 100 for the chart dated January 11, 2020, and peaked at number three, on the chart dated November 21, 2020, becoming Barrett's first top-ten entry on the Hot 100 and Puth's fourth top 10 (Puth is given a featured artist credit on the chart from the issue dated October 3, 2020, as overall consumption for the remix outpaced that of the Barrett-only original).  Reaching the top five in its 45th week on the chart, "I Hope" broke the record for the longest ascent to the top five in Billboard history, surpassing the previous record set by "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons, which took 42 weeks to reach the top five. It also reached No. 1 on the Country Streaming Songs chart on April 11, 2019, with 9 million U.S. streams for the week, which made Barrett the first woman to score a No. 1 on that chart with her debut single. It also reached No. 1 on Billboard Country Airplay for the chart dated April 25, 2020, and No. 1 on Billboard Hot Country Songs for the chart dated July 25, 2020, making it the first female debut single to top the latter chart since 2006.[20] Additionally, it replaced Maren Morris's "The Bones" at number one, making it the first time since 2011 that two back-to-back solo female artists topped the chart. "I Hope" became only the fourth song in history to top both the Country Radio Airplay and all-format Radio Songs chart, and its record 20-week run atop the Hot Country Songs chart made Barrett the first female solo artist to remain at the summit for that long.  "I Hope" was certified 5× Platinum by the RIAA on January 12, 2021. The song has sold 351,000 copies in the United States as of December 2020.

I wonder if Gabby and her hubby have turned Jinger and Jeremy into viewers of American Idol.  Or maybe Jeremy has watched it in the past, but there's no way Jinger & family were allowed to, with all the secular music, sleeveless dresses, and non-side-hugging. 

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

This may have been posted before, but this is the history of I Hope's performance as per Wikipedia:

I wonder if Gabby and her hubby have turned Jinger and Jeremy into viewers of American Idol.  Or maybe Jeremy has watched it in the past, but there's no way Jinger & family were allowed to, with all the secular music, sleeveless dresses, and non-side-hugging. 

Too much Nike on that show for them. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3