Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Sooo I watched a bit of Jeremy preaching.  He has improved in his delivery.  With that said he needs to know his material so that he's not constantly looking down and reading what he will say next.

The great preacher men use no props.  It comes from their hearts and being very well versed in what their message will be.

Jeremy needs to spend more time on homework and less time eating and posting sandwiches.

• Useful 5
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

Did Jerm get his teeth fixed or is that photo touched up?

i thought his teeth looked different and then I decided the difference was his mouth was shut for a change and that was the only difference with his teeth.😂

• LOL 15

I believe Jinger had a true eating disorder just as much as I believed Michelle had bulemia.  That is to say I think Michelle may have dabbled by making herself throw up once or twice and Jinger may mostly live on a diet or regularly refuse dessert.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

I think their whole book is bullshit. It is fiction. 

I have issues on so many levels. They never bothered to market their “book” until a few days before it was published. Like it was an afterthought. Like people would buy the book because they are so “famous.” Then later on the “Book Club?” Seriously? And the guests were JereMEE’s parents; Punchable Aunt Cade and Little Mama; Nobody; and Jessa who claims she “edited” the book? Oh, come on. 🙄

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 13
27 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I believe Jinger had a true eating disorder just as much as I believed Michelle had bulemia.  That is to say I think Michelle may have dabbled by making herself throw up once or twice and Jinger may mostly live on a diet or regularly refuse dessert.  

“‘Mostly living on a diet” isn’t healthy. 

3 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I think their whole book is bullshit. It is fiction. 

I have issues on so many levels. They never bothered to market their “book” until a few days before it was published. Like it was an afterthought. Like people would buy the book because they are so “famous.” Then later on the ‘Book Club?” Seriously? And the guests were JereMEE’s parents; Punchable Aunt Cade and Little Mama; Nobody; and Jessa who claims she “edited” the book? Oh, come on. 🙄

I agree with you. It’s almost all BS. They, like most people at their ages , haven’t done anything particularly memoir worthy. So they made up lies to try to sell books. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

“‘Mostly living on a diet” isn’t healthy. 

It may or may not be healthy depending on what she actually consumes, but it doesn't automatically qualify as an eating disorder.  I've known some women who have "watched what they've eaten" since they were 16 or so and none of them have ever medically been considered to have an eating disorder and usually are considered healthy.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

It may or may not be healthy depending on what she actually consumes, but it doesn't automatically qualify as an eating disorder.  I've known some women who have "watched what they've eaten" since they were 16 or so and none of them have ever medically been considered to have an eating disorder and usually are considered healthy.   

I'd say a good portion of my friends are always on some sort of diet, whether its WWs, "eating clean", paleo, etc, their entire adult lives. Not so much an eating disorder, but more a societal pressure disorder.

• Love 21
(edited)
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I'd say a good portion of my friends are always on some sort of diet, whether its WWs, "eating clean", paleo, etc, their entire adult lives. Not so much an eating disorder, but more a societal pressure disorder.

Right, many of us women can relate to disordered eating habits in some form or other. Doesn’t mean we have diagnosable eating disorders.

ETA - I have read many memoirs written by mostly recovered people with eating disorders. I find it fascinating for whatever reason. Jinger’s story (if not completely made up) COULD have been interesting (to me) if she had given more details. Why did she think she had a problem? What did she generally eat each day and did she notice it was different than what her siblings ate? Did she have “tricks” to hide the issue - like throwing food away, saying she’d already eaten, moving food around the plate, having specific rituals around meals, etc. From what I’ve heard about the book, she didn’t offer any of these details that make it real. And how did she allegedly “recover?” 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 17

I have literally never taken a picture with my head smooshed right up against someone else's head. Just looking at it makes me feel like my personal space is violated. Good on Jinger for being more laid back than I am, but jeez, how uncomfortable (and potentially clammy).

• Love 12
(edited)
18 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Did Jerm get his teeth fixed or is that photo touched up?

He has a crooked smile so in every photo of him, all I get is slimy used-car salesmen vibes.

16 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Sadly, I think he is more concerned that she be thin and “camera ready.” As are many men, to be fair.

My humble (uninformed) opinion is that she mostly restricts, and he now sees that as her “normal.” She may just move food around the plate, or claim she is overly sensitive to gluten or carbs, etc. And he doesn’t know enough and is too self interested to notice. Again, just my armchair opinion.

I can't see Jeremy taking time out of his busy influencer schedule to deal with the deep-rooted issues that his wife may have from growing up in a dysfunctional tv family with a perverted older brother.  I feel like if he does see anything, he just pretends he doesn't because he's not particularly interested in anything that messes with the hip LA cool dude-bruh image that he spends all his time carefully curating.  A well-timed vague-post regarding Volderjosh's past actions means nothing when sandwiched between 75 posts of Jeremy shoving food into his maw.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

A well-timed vague-post regarding Volderjosh's past actions means nothing when sandwiched between 75 posts of Jeremy shoving food into his maw.

Poetry. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• LOL 16
  • Love 3

If Jinger actually built that swing set, I'll give her props for that. But it's also possible that that picture is staged. Either way, Jeremy is a douche.

I'm trying to figure out if her top is tucked into her shorts or if it is a crop top. It could honestly go either way. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Pocket square putz didn’t even bother helping her? What a MAN and HUSBAND of the year! (Not)

2985F0FA-EAF1-44C6-A78B-83788D1297C2.jpeg

Yes, actually trusting the WOMAN to be able to build anything ON HER OWN. Without her HEADSHIP. What a douche.

I mean, he is objectively a douche but this seems like an odd thing to snark on. Did he actually say he didn't help her or just that he came home during the building process? And if he didn't help is that such a bad thing? Because if I was building something and then my boyfriend came home and took over in order to hELp mE  because he's the MAN I'd get pissed.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Vaysh said:

Yes, actually trusting the WOMAN to be able to build anything ON HER OWN. Without her HEADSHIP. What a douche.

I mean, he is objectively a douche but this seems like an odd thing to snark on. Did he actually say he didn't help her or just that he came home during the building process? And if he didn't help is that such a bad thing? Because if I was building something and then my boyfriend came home and took over in order to hELp mE  because he's the MAN I'd get pissed.

Agree

• Love 4
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

If Jinger actually built that swing set, I'll give her props for that. But it's also possible that that picture is staged. Either way, Jeremy is a douche.

I'm trying to figure out if her top is tucked into her shorts or if it is a crop top. It could honestly go either way. 

I hope it’s a crop top. So in case Boob and Mullet should happen to see it, their heads will explode.  That is if they’re not too busy writing checks to Smuggar’s lawyers.

• LOL 8
16 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

If she really did build that swing set, I’m wondering where the kids were when she was building it. 

Other than that, she looks cute in the shorts. 

She's rocking that outfit!  Dugger world goodbye!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

The next we know, Jinger will be mowing the lawn in a bikini and defrauding the men in the neighborhood. 

And we know there's no way Jeremy is mowing it, bikini-clad or not. Even if someone threw a gourmet burger out there for him to find. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 3

I wonder if the swing set post was to show that Jinger is as adept at building and construction as Jessa.  Jessa did build that "death trap" shelf over their bed, and she did seem to know how to construct it (she just needs to learn where to hang it).  I'm sure both Jessa and Jinger watched someone use power tools, so they know how to use them, too.  I do know non-fundy wives that are better at using tools and doing construction things around the house than their husbands are.  Maybe it is just not Jeremy's "thing".  My dad was so proud of himself when he "fixed" the garage door by realizing that it needed to be plugged in.  He was not handy around the house at all--but then neither was my mother. (But boy, could he polish shoes!)

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
(edited)
38 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I wonder if the swing set post was to show that Jinger is as adept at building and construction as Jessa.  Jessa did build that "death trap" shelf over their bed, and she did seem to know how to construct it (she just needs to learn where to hang it).  I'm sure both Jessa and Jinger watched someone use power tools, so they know how to use them, too.  I do know non-fundy wives that are better at using tools and doing construction things around the house than their husbands are.  Maybe it is just not Jeremy's "thing".  My dad was so proud of himself when he "fixed" the garage door by realizing that it needed to be plugged in.  He was not handy around the house at all--but then neither was my mother. (But boy, could he polish shoes!)

Yeah if Jinger is actually handy, I don't begrudge her that at all. (I am so not handy.)

giphy.gif

At this point, I am just sort of baffled by exactly what Jeremy contributes to the house. I know what is posted on social media isn't the entire look at someone's life, but I never see him doing anything constructive or helpful. We know he can't cook. He just seems to do nothing but eat and go places and take pictures. He even admits in the book to mentally begrudging giving her a glass of water after she's given birth. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 23

I thought Jinger looked pretty hot (temperature/sweaty-wise) in the pic. It's great that she assembled the swingset, but it doesn't seem to be anchored down enough for Felicity to swing on it. With a newborn in the house, I can see why she'd want to have nearby outdoor activities for Felicity. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

nj2mpdwuny571.png?width=828&format=png&a

6b9d3y3uny571.jpg?width=828&format=pjpg&

If somebody keeps telling me over and over and over again that they're not afraid of tomorrow, for some reason that gives me the strong suspicion that they are afraid of tomorrow.  Is that just me? 

I assume this "afraid of tomorrow" thing is some kind of popular conservative-Protestant speak that I've missed? I think it must be, since it seems to me an odd obsession for a young couple to have when they live in a free house, don't expect to ever need two incomes to get along, will soon be the recipient of a free graduate degree for the hamburger-loving husband, and currently have no visible serious illness in their family. 

Is it death and damnation that their crowd is so afraid of? Because that doesn't make much sense to me either....Aren't they the chosen ones and the ones who've done the right thing for Jesus by accepting him as their personal savior? 

Based on their assumptions, seems to me I should be the one who's afraid of tomorrow. So I guess this slogan is meant to convert us heathens? 

I doubt it's working.....

• Love 19
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

If somebody keeps telling me over and over and over again that they're not afraid of tomorrow, for some reason that gives me the strong suspicion that they are afraid of tomorrow.  Is that just me? 

I assume this "afraid of tomorrow" thing is some kind of popular conservative-Protestant speak that I've missed? I think it must be, since it seems to me an odd obsession for a young couple to have when they live in a free house, don't expect to ever need two incomes to get along, will soon be the recipient of a free graduate degree for the hamburger-loving husband, and currently have no visible serious illness in their family. 

Is it death and damnation that their crowd is so afraid of? Because that doesn't make much sense to me either....Aren't they the chosen ones and the ones who've done the right thing for Jesus by accepting him as their personal savior? 

Based on their assumptions, seems to me I should be the one who's afraid of tomorrow. So I guess this slogan is meant to convert us heathens? 

I doubt it's working.....

The modern evangelicals with political leanings I know get fed a steady diet of doom and gloom, witches and devils, fire and more fire. Although they will be airlifted to Heaven at the first sign of trouble, they're still obsessed with destruction. I think keeping them in constant state of hyperawareness has some psychological usefulness for the PTB. 

Edited by BradandJanet
spacing
  • Love 8
(edited)
23 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The modern evangelicals with political leanings I know get fed a steady diet of doom and gloom, witches and devils, fire and more fire. Although they will be airlifted to Heaven at the first sign of trouble, they're still obsessed with destruction. I think keeping them in constant state of hyperawareness has some psychological usefulness for the PTB. 

Yeah, that sounds right. Thanks. I suppose it's an "adult" version of the constant chatter about hell that scared all the little fundie-tv kids into declaring themselves more or less irredeemable sinners at age 3, or 4 or 5, too. So a lot of people have been hearing it all their lives. 

And fear certainly has been a great way for tyrannical people of all types to keep others in line....so....

All this definitely fits in with Jingle's upbringing, with her on the receiving end of the fear talk, but Jer's history and that of his siblings suggests that he wasn't brought up in quite that environment.....

I suppose  the fear rhetoric as a tool of the powerful is enticing for him, though, since he clearly envisions himself spending his life respected and looked up to by an awestruck crowd that he keeps in thrall. (starting with poor old "meek" Jingle, of course) 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah if Jinger is actually handy, I don't begrudge her that at all. (I am so not handy.)

giphy.gif

At this point, I am just sort of baffled by exactly what Jeremy contributes to the house. I know what is posted on social media isn't the entire look at someone's life, but I never see him doing anything constructive or helpful. We know he can't cook. He just seems to do nothing but eat and go places and take pictures. He even admits in the book to mentally begrudging giving her a glass of water after she's given birth. 

Oh, I'm sure that Jeremy does literally nothing around the house. Cook, clean, run errands, take care of the kids? No way. That's Jinger's job.

Jeremy "works" for MacArther. He doesn't work for Jing. I'm 99.9% certain that that's how he sees it.

Their church is incredibly misogynistic so they're strongly encouraged to think that way, too.

• Love 8

Old Jer looks like a fish out of water, and Jin looks like MOTY.  Not good looks for either one.  Yeah, I get the impression that Jer is useless around the house, and wouldn't know the first thing about fixing or building anything.  If Jin is really good at that kind of thing, it's a plus for both of them.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I assume this "afraid of tomorrow" thing is some kind of popular conservative-Protestant speak that I've missed?

They're referencing a Bible verse. But I think they're also butchering it since it's usually translated as don't be anxious about tomorrow. That seminary's really top-notch, ain't it? 

https://biblehub.com/matthew/6-34.htm

26 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Their church is incredibly misogynistic so they're strongly encouraged to think that way, too.

Very true! That's why it always confuses me when people talk about Jinger's prospects being improved by marrying him. I see her current life as a lateral move more than her actually improving her lot in life. It's different from the life she had with her parents, and of course, they are an awful influence, but I don't see Jeremy and his milieu being an upgrade. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I'll say one thing about Jeremy: he knows the right asses to kiss. Master's degree with no effort, free four-bedroom house, rounds of golf at an oceanfront country club, suite at Dodger stadium. I wonder how long he can keep it up? 

As for Jingle, I can believe she'd know how to put together a swing set. The older Duggar girls all seem fairly handy. 

• Love 15
13 hours ago, Zella said:

And we know there's no way Jeremy is mowing it, bikini-clad or not. Even if someone threw a gourmet burger out there for him to find. 

I think I pulled a muscle laughing while picturing Speedo-clad dad-bod Jeremy mowing the lawn while Jinger hides gourmet burgers amongst the weeds to entice him to keep going.  But seriously, if they ever to manage to get their own lawn, Jeremy is totally going to be the guy who insists on a fancy restaurant lunch or a round of golf with the boys as a reward for doing his weekly menial portion of the housekeeping, and then documenting it for Instagram.

2 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Are they in a suite?  These 2 crazy kids are doing something right!!!  LOL

So far, nothing is too good for them.  Only the best of the best!

I hate them.  I have long dreamed of getting a suite for myself and my family to watch a Tigers game but I don't have a spare $2,000 laying around.  And here comes these two grifting idiots in a suite at a Dodgers game.  You know Jeremy is only there for the food and Jinger is only going to cheer when the crowd cheers and neither one of them will watch or appreciate the game.

Jealous, yes, but I still hate them.

• LOL 9
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Very true! That's why it always confuses me when people talk about Jinger's prospects being improved by marrying him. I see her current life as a lateral move more than her actually improving her lot in life. It's different from the life she had with her parents, and of course, they are an awful influence, but I don't see Jeremy and his milieu being an upgrade. 

You're right of course, but it looks so much better and that may be all that matters to Jinger.  It's hard to tell by her vapid smiles what she thinks or feels.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I think I pulled a muscle laughing while picturing Speedo-clad dad-bod Jeremy mowing the lawn while Jinger hides gourmet burgers amongst the weeds to entice him to keep going. 

I amused myself with it last night in between gagging! LOL

Just now, Suzn said:

You're right of course, but it looks so much better and that may be all that matters to Jinger.  It's hard to tell by her vapid smiles what she thinks or feels.

Yeah she's a lace curtain fundie. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Zella said:

At this point, I am just sort of baffled by exactly what Jeremy contributes to the house.

His mere presence is what he contributes, you know how like the Duggar’s seem to think their mere presence is contributing something 🙄.

• Love 11