Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Well the metallic gold stuff seems to be all over the red carpets this year. 

...But I guess her publicist must have suggested going with the color trend in an avant-gardish design...and it apparently worked for her. (her publicity people seem to be on the ball) Here's the USA Today headline! -- 

"Gabby Barrett scored at Billboard Awards with three wins, but that gold dress stole the show"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2021/05/23/gabby-barrett-billboard-awards-tearful-speech/5237632001/

Designer is Nicolas Jebran, who does sculptural stuff pretty often, looks like. Gabby went for one of his more out-there sculptural designs. 😁

Definitely a dress that is best on the catwalk with a svelte model.  Why not have fun on a special night?  As long as Gabby was happy.

Edited by beagletime
spelling
  • Love 9
44 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

He reminds me of Tiny Tim

A Country version of Tiny Tim!  Lol

34 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. Artsy and out-there works for statuesque models who are used to being seen in weird runway looks. Gabby is a cute girl, but she's sort and still shedding baby weight. The dress got her the attention she wanted, but wasn't particularly becoming.

Eta: I wonder if it burns Jeremy up that Cade is living an A-list life thanks to Gabby, while Jeremy is hawking fountain pens and ice cream? That's gotta be a kick in the teeth.

But...but Jeremy does have the notoriety of Josh!  You can’t take that away from him!  😎

• LOL 11
4 hours ago, Zella said:

I feel like there should be a long, oddly specific German word that conveys how very incongruous Punchable Aunt Cade and Little Mama always look together. 

There is one for having a punchable face: Backpfeifengesicht. And one for the feeling of the cool side of the pillow: Kissenkühlelabsal. German is truly a delightful language.

• LOL 17
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

nicht zusammenpassend

And this gives me such schadenfreude on Cade's behalf.

2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Yes! But an even creepier version (who knew that was possible?)! With a terrible hat.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
2 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

There is one for having a punchable face: Backpfeifengesicht. And one for the feeling of the cool side of the pillow: Kissenkühlelabsal. German is truly a delightful language.

Thank you! I knew the German language wouldn't let me down! 😁

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 9
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. Artsy and out-there works for statuesque models who are used to being seen in weird runway looks. Gabby is a cute girl, but she's sort and still shedding baby weight. The dress got her the attention she wanted, but wasn't particularly becoming.

Eta: I wonder if it burns Jeremy up that Cade is living an A-list life thanks to Gabby, while Jeremy is hawking fountain pens and ice cream? That's gotta be a kick in the teeth.

And what toofs Jeremy has 🤣

• LOL 3
2 minutes ago, awaken said:

The paps just “happened“ to catch Jing and Jer out on a stroll around town with the senior vuolos and the kids. I can’t post photos here. 

Saw those. Jer, we know you're calling the paps. 🙄

Just now, Cinnabon said:

DF9D9C69-031F-4973-85D7-AF67BC03C2D9.jpeg.d34cfbcdaa22fb3134cdf39c93805cf4.jpegdo the Vuolos own an SUV?

Yes. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

t38r1f84t6171.jpg?width=828&format=pjpg&rk5vue84t6171.jpg?width=828&format=pjpg&2c3ages6t6171.jpg?width=828&format=pjpg&cvdsefs6t6171.jpg?width=828&format=pjpg&hfs2als6t6171.jpg?width=828&format=pjpg&

They're gonna discuss the same short book "every Monday night"? For how long?

I'm sure there are a handful of superfans who'd be happy to do that for quite a while. But there can't be too many of those. It's not gonna do much for sales or even for their image, seems to me. They'd be better off being more responsive on social media on a regular basis. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

THANK YOU, it was really bugging me!  

PAC's smile is so forced and his eyes are so dead.  Creepy.  

15 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I wonder if it burns Jeremy up that Cade is living an A-list life thanks to Gabby, while Jeremy is hawking fountain pens and ice cream? That's gotta be a kick in the teeth.

I think that this is Jeremy's true calling - chasing the fame that he sees in the other people in his orbit.  I'm sure he thought that between his quasi-famous wife and his career as a profesh athlete, he'd be deluged with fame and fortune, but instead he bounces like Tigger from venture to venture trying to capture that elusive thing that will vault him right past Cade and into Kanye territory.  Oh, and he wants to be a pastor too.  I think.

11 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Saw those. Jer, we know you're calling the paps. 🙄

Jer: So hey, dudebro - about to hit up the Pretentious Hand-Dipped Organic Ice Cream Emporium downtown, just sayin'.  You feel me, homes?

Paps: New phone who dis?

• LOL 18
17 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

He is so unfortunate looking. He's just creepy.

It's mostly the way he puts himself together.

I, too, have a lot of very thick, very dark hair and pale skin. It's a hard look to pull off well.

He desperately needs a haircut to get some of that hair away from his face (he never will, of course; it's his "crowning glory). It would also help if his clothes fit. Oh, and it would also help if he wasn't pretending to be a cowboy.

• LOL 16
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

His parents' don't look thrilled to be at Book Club.

Neither does Jinger.

How is their date night different than any other time they go out to eat & take picture? Their entire life is date night b/c they don't do anything substantial, ever.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

He desperately needs a haircut to get some of that hair away from his face (he never will, of course; it's his "crowning glory). 

I'm kind of baffled as to why neither of them has gotten a decent haircut, especially given that they're so image conscious. They can blow money on designer ice cream and Jordan's, but can't swing by a salon? It's odd. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, floridamom said:

Someone really needs to take a good pair of scissors to Cade's mop of a head.

He looks like an ungroomed, unclipped poodle.  He also looks like he might smell like wet dog.

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

They're gonna discuss the same short book "every Monday night"? For how long?

It wouldn't be hard to fill an hour by praying (two four-minute prayers led by Jer), reading slowly from the book while Jinger nods and gazes lovingly (15 minutes, Jeremy), introducing the special guests (five minutes, Jeremy), letting the special guests explain how wonderful J & J are (ten minutes), letting Jinger talk (three sentences, three minutes while Jeremy checks his phone), reading and answering three questions from the chat (ten minutes, Jeremy and maybe Jinger), and having Jeremy  talk about stuff that interests him.

One book club meeting down. Three to go. They should have Felicity as one of the surprise guests. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

How many date nights do they need???

Shouldn’t he be studying?

🙄

It seems to be summer vacation. And except for a handful of language courses, none of the stuff in his program is offered in the summer. So for once I'm not going to say he oughta be studying! 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I almost wish I could've heard this portion of the book club.  I'm imagining it was a lot of Jeremy being all, "So mom, remember the promise I showed when coach put me at goalie during Pee Wee Soccer when I was five years old?  Remember that?  I was pretty good, wasn't I?  When did you know I was destined for greatness?  Probably right around then, right, Mom?  Dad -what about you?  When did you realize how talented and well-spoken I was?  Also I was unusually cute, wasn't I?  Mom?  Dad?"

I bet his parents are like

We made that special man/boy baby who is so full of himself 

or donkey in Gordon Ramsay voice

Jeremy is too much 🙄

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

That feels like some subtle shade in using “Mrs Foehner” since she doesn’t go by that name professionally. Silly woman, no matter how successful she might be, she’ll always be the property of her husband first and foremost.

It gives the impression that they've argued about her name and he's pissed that she doesn't use Foehner professionally.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

"country female artist" ...Probably no surprise that Cade just thinks of her as "his female." 

The use of “female” that way irritates the hell out of me.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

That feels like some subtle shade in using “Mrs Foehner” since she doesn’t go by that name professionally. Silly woman, no matter how successful she might be, she’ll always be the property of her husband first and foremost.

At least he didn’t call her Little mama or baby mama 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

All it is is a black tie. What is so special about it? Maybe Jeremeeeeee and Punchable Aunt Cade just wanted to see one another and bond. Or something. Is PAC going to lend his “cowboy” hat to Jeremeeee?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

All it is is a black tie. What is so special about it? Maybe Jeremeeeeee and Punchable Aunt Cade just wanted to see one another and bond. Or something. Is PAC going to lend his “cowboy” hat to Jeremeeee?

And JereME give PAC his beloved Dodgers cap? 

I don't think they're swapping hats anytime soon. 😁

• LOL 3
5 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

So Tiny Tim borrows ties from JerME

szfmhpaxzb171.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I'm surprised Cade borrowed that tie from Jeremy. He can't afford a tie.

I can't snark the outfits too much as they're on trend. 

Cade's hair is also on trend. See successful country act Dan + Shay.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

I'm surprised Cade borrowed that tie from Jeremy. He can't afford a tie.

I can't snark the outfits too much as they're on trend. 

Cade's hair is also on trend. See successful country act Dan + Shay.

Just because something is “on trend” doesn’t mean it’s not ridiculous. These are full grown adults, not teenagers. Feel free to snark away!

• Love 15