Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SMama said:

So Cade performed with her last you but was not invited this time? 😂

Welp, now we know what the 'personal issue' is. Poor PAC's ego got bruised and Mrs. Foehner has to stay home and kiss it 'til it's better.

• Love 3

Synopsis of this week’s “book club” from a public fb page. How could Jeremy have proposed twice before Jinger agreed? Did he propose on 2 roofs randomly with her whole family there? And if what he says is true, he basically didn’t accept her “no” and went on to stalk her. Would JB have allowed that? None of this makes sense.

Book club week 3 coming up!  

Their "special guest(s)" didn't show up but he/she/they will  be here next week.  Thankfully, Jeremy's mouth and hands filled in enough for 10 people.     He talked and used his hands A LOT.    He talked about Jinger saying no to  his proposal for 2 months.    He felt betrayed!      I bet he did.   He found his prey and wouldn't be denied.   He advised guys to never give up and keep pursuing her.   That's not a red flag, huh? 

Also, they're not IBLP.   Yeah, we know you're Calvinist although you left that part out of Monday's "chat."    Jeremy's part of "the elect" so it's already been predetermined that he is going to heaven.   He doesn't need to do good works for the less fortunate like Jesus says.  He's got that one-way ticket to heaven!    I'm not sure where that leaves Jinger and the girls.   Eh, maybe he can get them in as Jesus is his bro.  

Many thanks to the kind soul who listened to his drivel.  You truly have a servant's heart!

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, SMama said:

So Cade performed with her last year but was not invited this time? 😂

If Gabby really did back out of appearing at the CMT Awards because Cade guilted her into it, her agent and manager must be furious. Not only would it have meant a national spotlight (one that they must have worked hard to get for her), but backing out at the last minute like this means she most likely won't be invited back again. If she isn't careful, she could easily get a reputation for being unreliable or difficult and she's not famous enough to overcome that yet. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, Albanyguy said:

If Gabby really did back out of appearing at the CMT Awards because Cade guilted her into it, her agent and manager must be furious. Not only would it have meant a national spotlight (one that they must have worked hard to get for her), but backing out at the last minute like this means she most likely won't be invited back again. If she isn't careful, she could easily get a reputation for being unreliable or difficult and she's not famous enough to overcome that yet. 

If that is the case, then she is done. Way to go, PAC. Way. To. Go.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

If that is the case, then she is done. Way to go, PAC. Way. To. Go.

It's probably exactly what he wants, she can stay home with the kids if her music career tanks. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, auburn-waves said:

Maren  Morris out to!  I wonder what’s up with that. 
One of the male vocalist made a racial slur and he can’t receive an award if he wins.   Per Inside Edition today. 

Billboards are up in Nashville supporting him. I wonder if that has anything to do with this dropping out. 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

If Gabby really did back out of appearing at the CMT Awards because Cade guilted her into it, her agent and manager must be furious. 

Where in the media has this been given as the reason she backed out?  

4 hours ago, Nysha said:

Welp, now we know what the 'personal issue' is. Poor PAC's ego got bruised and Mrs. Foehner has to stay home and kiss it 'til it's better.

What does "welp" mean?  

Edited by leighdear

The Hope I Hold is that the girls get Jinger's hairline. Yikes, Jeremy looks like a tool with the hats, but I kinda get the urge to cover it up when I see him without the hats.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

That fucking hat!!!!  Does it make anyone else weirdly angry?  Not Jeremy, but Cade (?).  

Yes, if you change angry to sick to my stomach.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Yeah especially in country music, which is super cliquish. The establishment organizations of country music have no problem with making it clear when you are and are not in the club. I don't really keep up with modern country, but I'm a big Sturgill Simpson fan, and he has an incredibly antagonistic relationship with establishment country. (Like they-won't-invite-him-to-the-CMAs-so-he-shows-up-outside-to-spitefully-busk-and-donates-the-proceeds-to-the-ACLU kind of hostile relationship.) It doesn't hurt him career-wise that he's blackballed by them because not giving a fuck and not being Nashville cookie cutter is part of his style, so he's done pretty well for himself without their support and patronage. But Gabby really strikes me as someone who is being built up to be the next hot thing in country music. She needs to keep on good terms with them. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yeah especially in country music, which is super cliquish. The establishment organizations of country music have no problem with making it clear when you are and are not in the club. I don't really keep up with modern country, but I'm a big Sturgill Simpson fan, and he has an incredibly antagonistic relationship with establishment country. (Like they-won't-invite-him-to-the-CMAs-so-he-shows-up-outside-to-spitefully-busk-and-donates-the-proceeds-to-the-ACLU kind of hostile relationship.) It doesn't hurt him career-wise that he's blackballed by them because not giving a fuck and not being Nashville cookie cutter is part of his style, so he's done pretty well for himself without their support and patronage. But Gabby really strikes me as someone who is being built up to be the next hot thing in country music. She needs to keep on good terms with them. 

Sounds like I need to give Sturgill Simpson a listen!  I'm going to bring him up on Spotify right now.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm not a country music fan but I love Sturgill Simpson.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, CouchTater said:

Sounds like I need to give Sturgill Simpson a listen!  I'm going to bring him up on Spotify right now.

Yay! My favorite is A Sailor's Guide to Earth. :) 

1 minute ago, Suzn said:

I'm not a country music fan but I love Sturgill Simpson.

I don't usually get deeply invested in people's careers, but I am so happy to see how his has taken off. The Gabby Barretts of Nashville just don't appeal to me. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Maren  Morris out to!  I wonder what’s up with that. 
One of the male vocalist made a racial slur and he can’t receive an award if he wins.   Per Inside Edition today. 

Billboards are up in Nashville supporting him. I wonder if that has anything to do with this dropping out. 

A bit off-topic, but there's apparently a raging controversy going on over a pro-gun control tweet by Country Music Television.  God, when people latch onto a buzz word/phrase they run it into the ground.  Currently:  cancel culture.  Ugh.

https://news.yahoo.com/cmt-music-awards-civil-war-212058224.html

• Love 6
(edited)
4 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The background in the MacArthur Center for Expository Preaching looks like bookshelf print wallpaper. 

Oh, it totally is. It’s especially obvious if you zoom in on the items on walls of the arch above the two guys in the background.  Couldn’t they at least used the library from Hogwarts?

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • LOL 10
6 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yay! My favorite is A Sailor's Guide to Earth. :) 

I don't usually get deeply invested in people's careers, but I am so happy to see how his has taken off. The Gabby Barretts of Nashville just don't appeal to me. 

I always preferred someone like Loretta Lynn. She had spunk and she would give as good as she got. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Oh, it totally is. It’s especially obvious if you zoom in on the items on walls of the arch above the two guys in the background. 

I thought the same thing, it's either a mural or wallpaper.  Way too uniform and 'designed'.  There are also multiple objects like globes, busts and other clutter sitting on top of piles of books.  That's not how real libraries set up their shelves.

I suppose they figure the only book they need is the Bible.  And anything written by MacArthur.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Zella said:

But Gabby really strikes me as someone who is being built up to be the next hot thing in country music. She needs to keep on good terms with them. 

I hate to say it, but this is especially true because she's a woman. The country music establishment is not only cliquish, it's extremely sexist. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The background in the MacArthur Center for Expository Preaching looks like bookshelf print wallpaper. 

I recently finished a jigsaw puzzle with a similar look.

Jer's shoes don't look suitable for hiking/walking across water on a log.  Surprised that he didn't fall in.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I always preferred someone like Loretta Lynn. She had spunk and she would give as good as she got. 

I enjoy old school country and bluegrass, not “bro country.” A friend of mine is the head of the record label that signed Sturgill!

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

So what is homie up to today? Can’t wait for his post. 

Oh he went hiking 🙄

In dress shoes 🙄 he’s getting skewered in the comments. 

5 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

do we know this is why she dropped out, or is that speculation?

Ugh, educating and mentoring on expository preaching sounds sooooo boring. Who willingly is subjected to their droning?  

• Love 2
8 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Without his trademark hat, people might not know how country Cade is. He might be mistaken for some rocker from the 90's. 

Or Weird Al Yankovic!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, awaken said:

do we know this is why she dropped out, or is that speculation?

There was no reason given.

From Billboard "The moves were surprising, especially so close to the show and because their stated reasons for pulling out were so vague. Barrett cited “personal circumstances” as the reason she is unable to perform at the show in an Instagram post. In a message posted Monday on Instagram Stories, Morris cited a scheduling conflict."

8 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Sounds like I need to give Sturgill Simpson a listen! 

My gosh, thats worse than Spurgeon

• LOL 8

Has Jeremy mentioned this exciting year-long project before, or did somebody just come up with the idea to take the heat off of him for never seeming to work or go to school? 

That library or whatever it doesn't look real. Something is off. 

• Love 17
18 minutes ago, Normades said:

Just have to say thanks @Zella for turning me on to Sturgill Simpson.  You see, the Duggars are good for something after all!! 😃

As to quote Jill, yay! 😁😁😁😁😁 

He's been cast in Martin Scorsese's next film, and I've been so excited about that. I hope the assholes who tried to blackball him from the music industry choke on the crow they're being served. 

On topic: Jeremy, don't sit by your phone waiting for Scorsese to call you. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
(edited)

The more I look at the picture, the more it looks like a budget Bond villain lair. Like, for the Dr. Evils of the world but those with less money and somehow even less taste but who think their lair will look super classy. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 11
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Is--is the library just the one wall of shelves? 

They need to be careful. If murder mysteries have taught me anything, it's that dead bodies pop up in places that look like that and then overly persistent Belgian detectives follow. 

I loved Peter Ustinov as Hercule Poirot.  Death on the Nile and Evil Under the Sun are two of my very favorite movies.

RFP really thinks he's special, doesn't he?  😜

• LOL 1
  • Love 9