Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I post this with the caveat that I am not on social media at all.  However, I am from Chicago, and if I went to a Cubs or Sox game, I would not post a picture where I hashtag the other team, even if they won.  To me, this makes the Vuolo's seem even more like poseurs, if that is possible. 

• Love 17
27 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I post this with the caveat that I am not on social media at all.  However, I am from Chicago, and if I went to a Cubs or Sox game, I would not post a picture where I hashtag the other team, even if they won.  To me, this makes the Vuolo's seem even more like poseurs, if that is possible. 

Exactly. It makes no sense!

• Love 1

I wonder how Jinger feels about having a tv? After all those years, after watching TV on a laptop screen, etc. I know I know, she feels exactly how Jeremy tells her to feel.  He’s not going to miss a chance to look at his own mug on television. But still…. It’s interesting how she can have a television set but Jill can’t or won’t.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I wonder how Jinger feels about having a tv? After all those years, after watching TV on a laptop screen, etc. I know I know, she feels exactly how Jeremy tells her to feel.  He’s not going to miss a chance to look at his own mug on television. But still…. It’s interesting how she can have a television set but Jill can’t or won’t.

We always see what Jeremy's watching. Does Jinger ever get a say?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Jinger is cute and fertile. She's semi-famous. She smiles and does what she's told. She stays thin. 

Jeremy is arrogant and tall. He's fertile too. He has an education. He grifts food and housing and recites Bible verses. 

Life is good in LA until it isn't.  Laredo, Texas, is still an option. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 16

What is the purpose of posting that picture?  When I looked at the top and started to scroll down, I thought we would see some new shoes on Jeremy's feet, but instead it's kid's toys.  It's like an accidental snapshot of the ground or your nose, there's no there there. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Jeremy is originally from Philly, though, and is wearing a Phillies cap in the photo.  I presume he was rooting for them and that's why they tagged the Phillies.  I'm a big baseball fan and have certainly seen my team play in other cities and have posted pics of me wearing their gear in the opponent's park.  

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Jeremy is originally from Philly, though, and is wearing a Phillies cap in the photo.  I presume he was rooting for them and that's why they tagged the Phillies.  I'm a big baseball fan and have certainly seen my team play in other cities and have posted pics of me wearing their gear in the opponent's park.  

Well, that suddenly makes sense.  

To quote Emily Litella, "Never mind." 

• LOL 6
1 minute ago, Zella said:

It cracks me up that he was tagging the Phillies solely because he's been making such a show of being a Dodgers fan the past couple of years. 

I've asked plenty of times where his Phillies cap was. I guess he had to pull it out of the mothballs to wear it to their fancy pants, $300/ticket game. 🙄

• LOL 12
7 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

Mentally she is a young teen.

Which is another reason I question Jeremy. He knows this. 

7 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

You’re either a Northsider or a Southsider. 

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Zella said:

It cracks me up that he was tagging the Phillies solely because he's been making such a show of being a Dodgers fan the past couple of years. 

It was Jinger who tagged them 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Zella said:

It's like Crosby, Stills and Nash sang, 'Love the One You're With'.  Most baseball fans have their primary team, usually from their childhood home, and, if they move elsewhere, they'll root for the local home team unless they're playing their real home team.  

I'm a big fan of an AL team and for many years, had a secondary fave team in the town where my sister and her husband lived.  Went to some games, rooted for that team.  Then, my home team and my backup played one another in the World Series.  No way I was rooting for my NL fave, I was AL all the way.  Alas, they broke my heart again, some more.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

It's like Crosby, Stills and Nash sang, 'Love the One You're With'.  Most baseball fans have their primary team, usually from their childhood home, and, if they move elsewhere, they'll root for the local home team unless they're playing their real home team.  

I'm a big fan of an AL team and for many years, had a secondary fave team in the town where my sister and her husband lived.  Went to some games, rooted for that team.  Then, my home team and my backup played one another in the World Series.  No way I was rooting for my NL fave, I was AL all the way.  Alas, they broke my heart again, some more.

Same for me, but I'm far more like Jinger. I watched sports with my dad as a kid and my husband as an adult, but I hardly ever turn on a game by myself.

With football 'my' teams are the Patriots, Bills and Giants, only because my dad liked the Giants before the Patriots ever existed, I'm from New England and my husband is from the Buffalo area. As far as baseball, I'm a true Red Sox fan, but I will also root for whoever is playing the Yankees.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

. As far as baseball, I'm a true Red Sox fan, but I will also root for whoever is playing the Yankees.

As God intends for us all to do.  If Jeremy, having roots in Philly, came out as a Yankee fan, he would be dead to me.  Actually, he's almost dead to me anyway.

People who are not from NYC but root for the Yankees are carpetbagging frontrunners.  The only people who can legitimately pull for the Bronx Bombers are people born there because they cannot help it, it is like a birth defect and it would be rude to mock it.  I learned this at my father's knee.  Happy Father's Day, Daddy!

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Zella said:

The plot thickens!

On their Instagram stories, I got the impression there was a playful rivalry with Jeremy being for the Dodgers and Jinger being for the Phillies.  I just went back to check, but the story is no longer there.

• Useful 2
5 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

On their Instagram stories, I got the impression there was a playful rivalry with Jeremy being for the Dodgers and Jinger being for the Phillies.  I just went back to check, but the story is no longer there.

Is he even allowed to reenter Philadelphia after that? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 5

Adding myself to the any team but the Yankees! Originally from Connecticut so grew up a Red Sox fan, moved to Houston and rooted for the Astros, now live in SW Florida so I am a Rays fan. Unless they are playing the Sox….

• Love 4

Cleveland girl through and through. My Cleveland Indians are MINE. Years ago when my sister lived in San Francisco, we went to an Oakland A’s game against the Indians. I wore my Indians garb, of course. Any Indians fan waved to me; my sister thought I had a bunch of friends in Oakland! But some Oakland fans were less than friendly to me. Oh well 🤷🏼‍♀️

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Cleveland girl through and through. My Cleveland Indians are MINE. Years ago when my sister lived in San Francisco, we went to an Oakland A’s game against the Indians. I wore my Indians garb, of course. Any Indians fan waved to me; my sister thought I had a bunch of friends in Oakland! But some Oakland fans were less than friendly to me. Oh well 🤷🏼‍♀️

Watching the Tribe salvage the final game against Pittsburgh even as I type this.  Gotta love that Wild Thing!  I AM the sort of girl who tries to watch or listen to every game, whether with other fans or not.

Many years ago, in 1995, I got to attend Game 1 of the World Series in Atlanta with some friends who lived there.  By the time the opening lineups were announced and we stood for the Anthem, I was sobbing, I'd waited my whole life for that moment.  My friend's husband took a look at me and said, 'Boy, you are really patriotic!'  He had no idea.

Topic:  Jeremy strikes me as a poseur fan.  I don't picture him sitting in the stadium in Philly in April, freezing his pocket square off nor in the bleachers in July when it is so hot you can smell your flesh cooking.  He just poses in his Phillies cap from the loge for the 'gram.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 19

At the risk of being pedantic, I thought Jeremy was from downingtown, PA, which is about 40 miles from Philadelphia. Myself and several generations back being from the actual city of Philadelphia, Jeremy is nowhere near being able to claim being “from philly” or having roots there, having lived in a far out suburb located in the same state. I understand if he may be a Phillies fan, but being “from philly” he is not. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, awaken said:

At the risk of being pedantic, I thought Jeremy was from downingtown, PA, which is about 40 miles from Philadelphia. Myself and several generations back being from the actual city of Philadelphia, Jeremy is nowhere near being able to claim being “from philly” or having roots there, having lived in a far out suburb located in the same state. I understand if he may be a Phillies fan, but being “from philly” he is not. 

Wow Jeremy's been a poser for a long time. I'd always just heard that applied to him without realizing exactly how far his hometown was. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

If Downingtown is about 40 miles away from Philly, then it's about the same distance as Aurora, Illinois is from Chicago. Aurora is considered a suburb - a far suburb to be sure, but still a suburb. 

I was born and raised in Naperville, which is slightly closer to Chicago (it's just east of Aurora). Those who live in Chicago proper say that only those who live in Chicago can claim that they are from Chicago. But when I tell other people where I'm from (for example, in DFW, where I currently live) I say that I'm from Chicago, not Naperville, as they are more likely to be familiar with Chicago.  

Speaking of Dallas/Fort Worth, the distance between Dallas and Fort Worth is only a little less than the distance between Downingtown and Philadelphia (about 32 miles), yet they tend to be lumped together in the same metroplex. 

My point is that given my tendency to live in large metropolitan areas, I don't consider 40 miles to be very far apart between cities.

I got my undergrad degree in Indiana, and although some cities in Indiana border Chicago (Gary), they were not considered Chicago. Similarly, when I lived in San Francisco, you couldn’t claim SF residence if you lived in Oakland or Berkeley, for example (20 miles away). I still think Jeremy is just trying to be a poser. If he thought being from the suburbs would make him look better or make him more money, he would rush to claim his hometown.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

m56itla7gk671.png?width=828&format=png&a

Looks like a variety of essential oils on the table in the last photo. I wonder if Audrey Roloff  roped her into buying them from her. I suppose if Jinger had joined her team we would have seen her shilling them by now.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, YupItsMe said:

Looks like a variety of essential oils on the table in the last photo. 

I wonder why they're sitting on an entryway table? Are they supposed to be a gift for Jeremy? 

Young Jinger looks a lot like Ivy.

• Love 3
On 6/20/2021 at 11:05 AM, Zella said:

Is he even allowed to reenter Philadelphia after that? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I would pay good money to watch Jeremy wear his Dodgers cap to a Phillies game.  My brother-in-law is a country boy from NC.  He is (somehow) a Red Sox fan.  One time he was in Philadelphia for work and went to a Phillies game.  He wore his Red Sox cap to the game (he is also a Cowboys fan and knew to leave that hat at home), and he almost got into a fight with some other fans for his hat.  Philly fans don't play.  

• LOL 7
On 6/20/2021 at 3:40 PM, Rootbeer said:

Many years ago, in 1995, I got to attend Game 1 of the World Series in Atlanta with some friends who lived there.  By the time the opening lineups were announced and we stood for the Anthem, I was sobbing, I'd waited my whole life for that moment.  My friend's husband took a look at me and said, 'Boy, you are really patriotic!'  He had no idea.

I went to a playoff game here in Cleveland. We sat in the uppermost corner of the stadium (Jacob’s Field as it was known then). It was one of the most awesomest experiences of my life!

• Love 3
Just now, SunnyBeBe said:

Do you know why?

Also, does anyone recall the name of the church the family attends in LA?  

No clue what brings them to NC or why today earlier post was tagged in LA. They're trying to throw people off the scent. 

Maybe they wanted to see Biltmore? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

No clue what brings them to NC or why today earlier post was tagged in LA. They're trying to throw people off the scent. 

Maybe they wanted to see Biltmore? 

Another Monday, another vacation day for Jeremy!

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

Jeremy actually looks fit in that pic. I'm not sure why he insists on wearing shirts that look like Fruit of the Loom undershirts. And look at his sweats, they're practically leggings. Is that a trend right now?

• Love 3