Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jeremy was an ass to someone on Jinger's account. A pic of Jeremy. The person noted that he likes to have his picture taken. He replied that she was following Jinger's account, heavily implying that you will see lots of pics of him there. He didn't need to be such a jerk about it. 

Yeah, well, he IS a jerk so...

• LOL 15
  • Love 8
(edited)

I think being accused of being a famewhore must hit Jeremy where it hurts for him to lash out like that. Reminds me of how Jessa flipped her shit when someone asked about what Ben did for a living, and she completely overreacted. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 23
(edited)
8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The more you know...

FB_IMG_1622569187548.jpg

This will likely seem trivial to some, but I find Jeremy's use of the smirking face emoji ill-advised, especially in this context. As Emojipedia (and many other sources) notes, this emoji is ''often used to convey flirtation or sexual innuendo''. That's how I've seen it used myself – for context, I am 32 and Jeremy is 33.

This emoji is not as ''bad'' as say, the eggplant emoji, but it still has fairly strong flirtatious/sexual connotations.

I've noticed Jeremy and/or Jinger using this emoji at least a few times in Instagram captions, so I assume they might not be aware of its flirtatious/sexual connotation. Obviously an emoji (this one included) can carry different meanings, but it's always good to be aware of its not-so-innocent connotations, especially if you're in the public eye and trying to convey a certain image.

One last thing: emojis will vary in appearance across platforms, so that can also influence one's perception of them. That being said, as per their Twitter accounts it seems both Jeremy and Jinger use iPhones, and the Apple version of that emoji looks pretty naughty, so I guess they're either clueless... or they just don't care (not that that's a crime XD ).

Edited by Pinke
  • Useful 12
  • Love 1

I am the queen of reading too much into emojis. LOL I really hate the appreciative one people use with teary eyes because it looks like an eye roll to me, and every time I see it, I'm like "Bitch, please, what are you rolling your eyes at" before I realize what it is. 

Jeremy's quip about the babysitter might have seemed slightly less assholish with a regular smiley face. Or an angel halo. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

No, that was a selfie they took.  There have been a couple of times they were snapped by "paparazzi", and I'd be willing to bet those sad shots were actually taken by someone they paid to play the part.  Then "someone" (Jer or the paid photog" sent the shots to any publication they could think of.

Jeremy wants so much to think that people care about what he's doing, thinking, saying, etc.

He's a pathetic loser.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

riucczc3xp271.jpg

He is so gross-looking.  I still can’t believe that I used to think he was handsome.  If I was at a convenience store getting gas and I saw him looking at me like that, I would get in my car and lock the doors.  He gives me “dirty/greasy old man” vibes nowadays.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10

Cade makes everyone wear a mask but him so his more "famous" companions won't be recognized and acknowledged on the street.  Can't take the blow to his ego.  I'm surprised he doesn't make Little Mama just walk around with a bag over her head.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Nobody sane is a sk8tr boi at 33. It's possible that nobody sane is a sk8tr boi in 2021!

Or maybe he looks like a loon because he's trying to be a knock off Kanye. Who is ALREADY a loon.

It's fine to love fashion, but unfortunately, he doesn't really have an eye. He has always looked ridiculous and costume-y in his get ups. Other people could probably pull them off, but he just doesn't have enough style.

I don't think it's that he's too ugly, he's just missing the personality or the vibe to pull off something more unusual. The clothes end up wearing him.

• Love 24
11 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Jeremy looks costume-y because the clothes are a costume.  He is constantly wearing clothes that are not him, and it shows.  I don't know who Jeremy is, and I suspect he does not as well.  He keeps on bouncing from one style to another and looking ridiculous instead of taking the time to figure out who Jeremy Vuolo is and dressing accordingly.  Cade has a punchable face, but he is country so his big belt buckle, hat and boots work.  We compliment Jill Dillard for her boho style because it suits who Jill is.  Jeremy and Jinger are still figuring themselves out and they always look a bit off in their pictures.  

Jinger once had her own style. Now she’s too meek to express it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

F73938F4-ABF2-4226-91CA-C63370D04047.jpeg

Did Mr. Little Mama gain some baby weight?

Can't get myself to snark on their food pix...everything looks delicious and I want it!

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Jeremy looks costume-y because the clothes are a costume.  He is constantly wearing clothes that are not him, and it shows.   

He searches/trolls endlessly for sponsors/paid partnerships and no takers. Nike doesn't give a crap about Jeremy because they can see his followers are older white women who watch/watched the show and really just want to see the kids.

No pocket squares, fountain pen partnership because he is Mr Jinger Duggar. His followers for the most part are Jing fans. so not the hipster/foodie.

I did laugh at @rue721 and the reference to sk8tr boi. I have a grand all in on the LOL dolls and skater boi is one she has 😀

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

He searches/trolls endlessly for sponsors/paid partnerships and no takers. Nike doesn't give a crap about Jeremy because they can see his followers are older white women who watch/watched the show and really just want to see the kids.

No pocket squares, fountain pen partnership because he is Mr Jinger Duggar. His followers for the most part are Jing fans. so not the hipster/foodie.

I did laugh at @rue721 and the reference to sk8tr boi. I have a grand all in on the LOL dolls and skater boi is one she has 😀

Your so right. Nike supported Colin Kaepernick, they wouldn't touch Jer or Jing with a 10 foot pole.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

I wonder if Jeremy and Cade ever commiserate over their mutual frustration at being "Mr. Jinger Duggar" and "Mr. Gabby Barrett".

They could never say that out loud. 😁

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10

Associating with these yahoos is not a good look for rising star Gabby. Although, I saw her acceptance speech the other night on the awards show and she came across as unprofessional and annoying, so maybe they’re a good match.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

I think the stuff Jeremy wore pretty early on was probably the most real him. I don't know that I was following the board closely at the time, but it looked like pretty generic stuff most guys his age, especially those who were former athletes, would wear. Hoodies, plain T-shirts, sweatshirts, shorts, tennis shoes, the occasional boring suit. It was not high fashion, by any means, but it just seemed like a pretty ordinary wardrobe. I don't think I ever once did a double-take and wondered what he was wearing, and I can't recall him specifically drawing too much attention to it either. 

I actually don't remember him wearing anything that was really WTF until right before he moved from Laredo. I do remember us joking about some suit or something that looked so weird that we assumed it was to impress Mac Daddy. LOL And it seems to have only gotten weirder, more performative, and more pretentious since then. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 23
18 hours ago, crazy8s said:

It is interesting he is trying that though. We have not seen pocket squares or fountain pens for a while. He seems to want to now create an image he is an athletic type foodie guy with all the athletic clothing, shoes, hats etc. But no pics of him doing anything athletic except walking on sidewalks taking his own pic and pics of his food.

Harsh.

He is wearing sneakers after all.

• LOL 9
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Or is the message that Jeremy's clever enough to find a Bible verse that includes the word "ransom," and stupid enough to post it with a photo where he's playing an escape room thing? Or that Jeremy's serving Jesus/mankind by living his best LA life?

Oh wow, I didn't even clock that.  Maybe his posts are so all over the place because he wants us to play "Where's Waldo" with all of them to find the common thread, lol.  

I really hope he's not that clever, to be honest.

• LOL 8

You know, Jeremy dear, that if you are going to hang with famous folks, you don’t start at the bottom of the barrel. If you want to be someone’s barnacle you need to befriend someone who actually has real paparazzi following them. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Thanks. You've expressed many of my own thoughts about those posts.

So, he's showing off his and his wife's fancy expensive sneakers at some recreational place, and talking about how Jesus came to serve. WTF? Is he trying to say that Jesus came to serve Jeremy and Jinger and that's why they have nice shoes and money for fancy fun outings? Or is the message that Jeremy's clever enough to find a Bible verse that includes the word "ransom," and stupid enough to post it with a photo where he's playing an escape room thing? Or that Jeremy's serving Jesus/mankind by living his best LA life?

Kinda repulsive, IMO.

Maybe they should spend some of their copious free time volunteering somewhere. Don’t they have servants’ hearts?

• Love 20

I thought being Christian was serving God and others but these two are completely self-serving and Jeremy seems way too impressed with himself to have a humble spirit which is supposed to be part of the Christian walk.

And no, writing that stupid ass book doesn’t count. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Jeremy seems way too impressed with himself to have a humble spirit which is supposed to be part of the Christian walk.

That could also apply to everyone in the family he married into.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

ok so kind of random but I have been hearing this song on the radio a ton lately, and when they say the artist name, I swear they are saying Gabby Barret, it's that song about hoping your ex gets cheated on (sorry I am not really a country person but for whatever reason it's all over the radio right now).  Anyway does anyone know if that is Cade's wife singing it and if so how exactly do Jeremy and Jinger feel about the song?  I mean I am sure inside they don't really care, but I figured as an outward appearance they would maybe at least have to pretend to not like the song?  I don't know for some reason the thought keeps popping in my head at random times......I may need to get out more lol

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, TigerLily20 said:

ok so kind of random but I have been hearing this song on the radio a ton lately, and when they say the artist name, I swear they are saying Gabby Barret, it's that song about hoping your ex gets cheated on (sorry I am not really a country person but for whatever reason it's all over the radio right now).  Anyway does anyone know if that is Cade's wife singing it and if so how exactly do Jeremy and Jinger feel about the song?  I mean I am sure inside they don't really care, but I figured as an outward appearance they would maybe at least have to pretend to not like the song?  I don't know for some reason the thought keeps popping in my head at random times......I may need to get out more lol

• Useful 3

it's that song about hoping your ex gets cheated on

Not a Christian sentiment. At All.

Now, lie back and think of Cade while you listen to this one. Or Jer....if you wanna hurl.

• LOL 6
(edited)

Considering the mega mansions televangelists own, Jeremy constantly posting expensive items and bible verses seems a bit on brand. Though I don't follow any televangelists sm, maybe they don't ever post their homes and private jets? 

I don't think Jeremy is trying to flex having money, though (or at least it's not the main motive), I think he's very desperate to be viewed as cool more than well off and is probably looking at what mainstream "influencers" post and thinks he can pull it off. For Jinger this may be her way of flexing "I'm not like the other girls" in terms of showing off her "hip LA life" as opposed to her sisters back in AR.  

Edited by Gigi43
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7