Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

41 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

She's selling that gum treatment thingie again? But now it's "going fast?" Sure Jan. 😂

Right, because it's not like every Basic Bitch Influencer isn't already shilling them. 😂😂😂

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Zella said:

Also if their library software is set up like my library's, reading the digital copy means it doesn't pop up on your account, so the librarians won't know that you checked out a Duggar book. LOL It's the ultimate shame-free reading experience. 

As a librarian who orders both print and ebooks, ebooks were invented for you to stealthily read books shame-free.  I did not choose to purchase the Vuolo's book for my library, but I do order other nonfiction titles that are potentially embarrassing and they check out.  And the ebook stats never show who has checked out the book, they only show that the book has been checked out.  Privacy is baked into every library ebook software.  

• Useful 14
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

As a librarian who orders both print and ebooks, ebooks were invented for you to stealthily read books shame-free.  I did not choose to purchase the Vuolo's book for my library, but I do order other nonfiction titles that are potentially embarrassing and they check out.  And the ebook stats never show who has checked out the book, they only show that the book has been checked out.  Privacy is baked into every library ebook software.  

Yeah we have had 2 circulation softwares in the time I've been there, and neither of them tracks/tracked anything about our digital collection. 

I'd have to look, but I am pretty sure The Hope We Hold is not part of our physical collection, though we do have some of the earlier Duggar books. I've certainly not fielded any requests for this one! 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I know. It's stunning! "Legalistic Man-Made Religion" indeed.

My eyes rolled so far when I read Jer's post that I'll probably have a headache all day. But my spontaneous laughter makes it all feel better. 

What a frickin' tool he is. 

Yes, I consider myself  conservative Christian and I rolled my eyes at that.

• Love 8

My library doesn't have a physical copy or an ebook yet.  My library does save ebooks to my reading history, but I have no idea if the librarians ever look at that or even have access to it.  I guess I don't check out enough embarrassing stuff to care.  Except the Sister Wives book.  But no Duggar one.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
13 minutes ago, anyasmom said:

My library does save ebooks to my reading history, but I have no idea if the librarians ever look at that or even have access to it. 

At my library, it is not saved on anything we see. We really only deal with our ebook readers when they need to have their address/contact info updated once a year. They'll get blocked at that point and contact us. We update that from our normal software, but we still never what they are reading ebook-wise. I am not sure we could, short of literally logging into that separate account with their card number and password, which we would never do, even if we had the password. 

So, one could read all the Duggar books in the world and be safely anonymous! :)

I just checked. No The Hope We Hold in our physical collection, though we do have Growing Up Duggar and A Love That Multiplies. We don't have any Duggar titles in our ebook collection, so you would have to do a walk of shame to the circ desk to check them out with us. LOL

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

I’d like to get Jeremy a baseball cap that says “ass hat” to add to his collection. Who the fuck gets annoyed over being asked to get a glass of water? For the mother of your children who is nursing, no less. 

• Love 19
4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Does he know that Christianity is an offshoot of Judaism? Way to call your own religion fake and made up, Jeremy.

I’m sure he thinks that the hundreds of other religions are the ones that are “made up,” but his is the correct one. No matter what religion someone follows, most think THEIRS is the “right “‘one.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, lascuba said:

No surprise there. I know I've mentioned this before, but on an episode filmed shortly after Felicity's birth, Jeremy did not one thing to care for Felicity. On camera! He sat there while Jinger maniacally rocked the baby. The only time he held her was when Jinger made HIM a cup of coffee. I always thought the postpartum Duggar women were lying when they said they're husbands did all the diaper changes, etc. But seeing Jeremy's behavior, and noticing that Jinger said nothing about how helpful Jeremy was? How much of an asshole do you have to be to be even lazier than a Duggar male?

I’m not sure if this is when they bought Felicity home or they went somewhere and came back anyway they were filming the show and felicity had a blowout in her diaper Jinger goes to hand him to Jeremy and Jeremy just points like take her that way! (Pointing towards the bathroom I guess) I just knew then this I’m so different from the Duggar’s because I’m more modern I let my wife where pants etc was BS and he was very traditional and clearly didn’t expect to have to do anything for Felicity. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I wonder how Jinger feels about this statement. If she even thinks at all.

I hate to sound mean, but I don’t think she has a clue as to what he’s even talking about.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

She’s so awkward and affected in the most recent inane post about the book club. She said “it was a really sweet time”. Poor girl really seems beyond her depth. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, awaken said:

She’s so awkward and affected in the most recent inane post about the book club. She said “it was a really sweet time”. Poor girl really seems beyond her depth. 

I can't think that their book club is a bastion of intellectuals. Leghumpers tend to be on the dull side. 😂

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I can't think that their book club is a bastion of intellectuals. Leghumpers tend to be on the dull side. 😂

Ain’t that the truth!

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

But “sweet time?” 🤣

6 minutes ago, Zella said:

Someone needs to show up to the book club and start name-dropping Foucault. 😂 Which was my main takeaway from grad school. Invoke Foucault in a class discussion, even if he has no bearing on said discussion, and everyone will nod sagely. 

"I'm really seeing Foucault's concept of panopticism at work in the TTH, guys. How about you?" 

Do/did you watch the show “Frasier?”

• Love 5
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Do/did you watch the show “Frasier?”

Not consistently, but the Derek Jacobi episode is probably my favorite thing ever. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, Zella said:

Not consistently, but the Derek Jacobi episode is probably my favorite thing ever. 

Season 7 Episode 3! Foucault is mentioned. 🙂 neither Jinger or Jeremy would get it.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

Maybe Frasier and Niles should crash their book club! It's got to be more entertaining than the boring ass shit they've been putting out. 

9 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Season 7 Episode 3! Foucault is mentioned. 🙂 neither Jinger or Jeremy would get it.

I need to check this out--thanks! 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Zella said:

Maybe Frasier and Niles should crash their book club! It's got to be more entertaining than the boring ass shit they've been putting out. 

Two guys even more pompous than RFP. 😂

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Two guys even more pompous than RFP. 😂

"Sit down, Jer. We're going to show you how this is really done, lightweight." 

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I need to check this out--thanks! 

It’s one of my top 3 favorite episodes. And Emma was right, even Jeremy wouldn’t get the humor, even though he thinks he’s Uber smart and sophisticated.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Zella said:

Someone needs to show up to the book club and start name-dropping Foucault. 😂 Which was my main takeaway from grad school. Invoke Foucault in a class discussion, even if he has no bearing on said discussion, and everyone will nod sagely. 

"I'm really seeing Foucault's concept of panopticism at work in the TTH, guys. How about you?" 

I like this. 

Ironically, the TTH was designed to be a panopticon--group rooms, cameras, intercoms, required tattling, big open space in the middle. Unfortunately, it didn't work as hoped on its target--Josh. 

Book Club, can we discuss why the concept failed at the TTH, and how it might be successful in a federal prison for twenty years? 

By the way, who were the special guests last night? An ice cream cone and a pocket square? 

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, laurakaye said:

But with far better fashion sense!  Also, Frasier and Niles had the intelligence to back up their pomposity.  Jeremy just likes to string big complicated words together to sound smarter than anyone else and confuse people who are too meek to question him.

It's probably on the syllabus of one of his classes: "Big Words 101:  The Art of Malarkey and Gibberish."

Jeremy is definitely more Joey Tribiani than Fraiser or Niles in intelligence, anyone remember when Joey wrote the adoption using the thesaurus to sound smart? That's Jeremy, only not as well intentioned as Joey was. I'm sure the book involved a lot of 'having and giving and sharing,' like his wedding speech.  

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

Jeremy is definitely more Joey Tribiani than Fraiser or Niles in intelligence, anyone remember when Joey wrote the adoption using the thesaurus to sound smart? That's Jeremy, only not as well intentioned as Joey was. I'm sure the book involved a lot of 'having and giving and sharing,' like his wedding speech.  

I’m waiting for Jeremy to take a picture with a tarp over some boxes and claim he has a Porsche! 

Also, that screenshot makes it look like he aged about 10 years!

• LOL 19
  • Love 2