Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Man, I actively pitied her when she was a kid, I found her looks that off-putting. Jill was just plain, but Jinger, to me, was flat out unattractive bordering on ugly. Adulthood has done wonders for her. 

I  always thought of her as awkward more than anything, especially compared with "family beauties" Jana and Jessa. Now I'd rank Jana and Jinger as the best-looking Duggarettes. Jessa is sloppy and Jill and Joy are just plain. (The fact that I have never been able to stand Jill may influence my judgment.) 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Heathen said:

I  always thought of her as awkward more than anything, especially compared with "family beauties" Jana and Jessa. Now I'd rank Jana and Jinger as the best-looking Duggarettes. Jessa is sloppy and Jill and Joy are just plain. (The fact that I have never been able to stand Jill may influence my judgment.) 

SAME! I never could stand her and never had any hope for Derick for the simple reason that he wanted to marry Jill. 

Just going my faces I still rank Jessa as the most beautiful--I just prefer her features, though I agree on the sloppiness. Jana is very pretty in a girl-next-door way. Jinger's very interesting looking and is becoming more attractive everyday. I think she'll be a knockout at 30 and will surpass her sisters in the looks department. 

• Love 3

All the spray tanner and raccoon eyes didn't do teenaged Jinger any favors.

Personally, I don't really think any of the older Duggar girls are unattractive, looks-wise, though their personalities can be. 

Jessa's appearance probably bothers me the most. She just reminds me of really bitchy fake girls I knew in college. They all were pretty but looked alike and thought they were the hottest shit on Earth. 

I always thought Jana was pretty in a very normal sort of way, but I recently realized from certain angles she favors one of my close friends. The similarity is uncanny. Every time I see Jana now, I think about that, and it freaks me out. I've actually snarked about the Duggars with this friend, but I can't bear to tell her she looks like one of them. 

• Love 11

I never got the hoopla surrounding Jessa's so call beauty, because I think Jana is much prettier.  However, in a few years when Jennifer blossoms, they are all going to look like ugly ducklings by comparison.

I like Jeremy and Jinger, I really do, but I can't help but feel that they are trying really hard to impress upon us that Jeremy is an intellectual.  I think "they doth protest too much".

• Love 20

Jana reminds me of DJ Tanner!

i think Jinger is by far the hottest. I have a crush on her. I hope she eats healthy and hasn’t been too restrictive, especially while pregnant. Jessa used to be prettier, and I like her the least. Ben also used to be more handsome, in my opinion. Now, he looks greasy and unattractive to me.

I don’t know why I’m being so blunt. Day to day, I know I look worse than I used to look. Two small babies and getting a little older, so I feel bad for judging Jessa. But, I’ve never thought she seems all that nice. Jinger also seems naturally critical, but I think she has a nicer heart.

Jill to me has a bit of a homely look but in a good girl way. It’s unfortunate she’s been more of a tattle tale rather than minding her own business. Jill has an approachable, friendly look, and with more self awareness, I think she could be the most friendly and approachable of the oldest girls. 

I’ve always had a soft spot for Joy. I felt bad in a recent episode when she told Austin sometimes she could eat a whole lot. I hope she is and stays at a healthy and comfortable weight. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, SaySay24 said:

Jana reminds me of DJ Tanner!

i think Jinger is by far the hottest. I have a crush on her. I hope she eats healthy and hasn’t been too restrictive, especially while pregnant. Jessa used to be prettier, and I like her the least. Ben also used to be more handsome, in my opinion. Now, he looks greasy and unattractive to me.

I don’t know why I’m being so blunt. Day to day, I know I look worse than I used to look. Two small babies and getting a little older, so I feel bad for judging Jessa. But, I’ve never thought she seems all that nice. Jinger also seems naturally critical, but I think she has a nicer heart.

Jill to me has a bit of a homely look but in a good girl way. It’s unfortunate she’s been more of a tattle tale rather than minding her own business. Jill has an approachable, friendly look, and with more self awareness, I think she could be the most friendly and approachable of the oldest girls. 

I’ve always had a soft spot for Joy. I felt bad in a recent episode when she told Austin sometimes she could eat a whole lot. I hope she is and stays at a healthy and comfortable weight. 

Jessa seems impatient and maybe bad-tempered, while Jinger seems overtly snarky. I've been judging her since her honeymoon, when she got all obnoxious and testy when that chef told her to stop being so rude. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

If that is true, then “Go Jinger!”

That girl must have been doing some serious penny pinching. Let's see, there's the money from her book, along with her sisters, her TLC income, what else?  Does she charge for personal appearances?  I'm just trying to envision how she would have accumulated that much, even with sound investments.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Perhaps that is where In Touch got their information!

It's a little suspect that only Jinger is featured besides JB and Michelle (I think - I didn't look that carefully).

I looked up Josh & he's worth $200,000, but Jessa wasn't listed. I'm starting to think that it's true the TLC money is sent to the Duggar Family Trust and the kidults are "paid" from that. Since Jeremy is smarter than Derrick & Bin, he probably negotiated a separate contract for him & Jinger, and possibly a lump sum payout from the Family Trust so they would agree to continue filming. This would explain why Jinger is worth so much more than the other siblings.

Oh, and the guacamole/avocado tree - Really?!? I did this when I was homeschooling my kindergartener and even he thought it was one of the most boring lessons known to man. 

Edited by Nysha
To address the guac.
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

I looked up Josh & he's worth $200,000, but Jessa wasn't listed. I'm starting to think that it's true the TLC money is sent to the Duggar Family Trust and the kidults are "paid" from that. Since Jeremy is smarter than Derrick & Bin, he probably negotiated a separate contract for him & Jinger, and possibly a lump sum payout from the Family Trust so they would agree to continue filming. This would explain why Jinger is worth so much more than the other siblings.

Oh, and the guacamole/avocado tree - Really?!? I did this when I was homeschooling my kindergartener and even he thought it was one of the most boring lessons known to man. 

First all I never thought I would see the day when Jeremy is smarter than Derrick and Ben. Yes, I know in some ways he is, but still...

I still do not believe Jinger is worth two million dollars.

While it's just so sweet and neat that they are trying their hand at gardening, I don't think an avocado tree is going to do well in Laredo. They like temps in the mid-80's at best and Laredo is freaking hot in the summer. Plus, it takes years before a tree even produces an avocado. They aren't going to have guacamole for at least 3-4 years at best.

• Love 7

Eh, I'll give them attempting to grow an avocado tree a pass.  My mother does this all the time, and we live in Canada. The plants will never survive outside because of our climate, but she just likes to see how big they can grow. 

• Love 17

I’m going through the yearly sexual harassment prevention training at work, and one of the actors portraying a frequent harasser in the videos we have to watch looks weirdly like Jeremy. I doubt that signifies anything, but it’s at least an interesting distraction from all the other issues I have with the course. And a lot less disturbing than if he looked like Josh ...

• Love 9

Well, I guess, they gotta start somewhere.  At least they're trying to grow something - I think only Jana has a garden, none of the others?

On that note, today I potted a new oregano, bbq rosemary, thai basil and english thyme.  My spearmint is coming along well, and I caught a huge deal on 6, 4 inch pots of catnip and will be potting them soon for the cats garden.  Followed by a wire fence to get them started.  

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, awaken said:

Big freakin deal. I grow avocado seeds on my windowsill all the time. It’s not something special or unique to you, Babes. And I have them right side up. 

We did this when the kids were 7 & 4. They end up getting tossed when they either rot or the cat swats them off the counter. lol. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

This footage is from July-ish. Those things are probably long dead by now. 

Or banished the second the cameras were gone.  "Let's get that thing off the windowsill and put the spices back.  Also, Babe, would you please get me a can of tomato sauce just like Mama used to make?"

• Love 6
10 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

If that is true I hope they have insurance and she is getting proper prenatal care since they can afford it.

Oh, I would hope so.  They should be able to afford medical care, health insurance or both, considering they likely get at least a TLC paycheck.  And if all the reports are wrong and they are struggling with low income, there is health insurance coverage available through the marketplace. Prenatal care is offered through many sources, so, that shouldn't be a challenge, if you want it.  I would think that Jinger and Jeremy will go that route. If she decides on a midwife and home birth.....I'd be shocked. Not that it isn't one option.  Still, the prenatal care is so vital.  

• Love 2
16 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

First all I never thought I would see the day when Jeremy is smarter than Derrick and Ben. Yes, I know in some ways he is, but still...

I still do not believe Jinger is worth two million dollars.

I highly doubt she's worth 2 million. But I think Jeremy, even if he's not objectively smarter, is smart enough to have surrounded himself with smart advice-givers like his old agent, who no doubt would have been happy to pick up a small commission in exchange for a payout to Jeremy and Jinger and a renegotiation of their contract. 

• Love 9

Plus, then the agent is the perfect fall person. It's not Jinger v Jim Bob or Jeremy v Jim Bob, it's that pesky agent. It gives them some cover.

I checked, and the Counting On credits don't thank the Duggar Family or anyone else, so we can't use that as a clue.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh, I would hope so.  They should be able to afford medical care, health insurance or both, considering they likely get at least a TLC paycheck.  And if all the reports are wrong and they are struggling with low income, there is health insurance coverage available through the marketplace. Prenatal care is offered through many sources, so, that shouldn't be a challenge, if you want it.  I would think that Jinger and Jeremy will go that route. If she decides on a midwife and home birth.....I'd be shocked. Not that it isn't one option.  Still, the prenatal care is so vital.  

Hopefully, after this last fiasco with Joy's emergency C/Section, Jeremy has the sense to keep Jill far, far away from Jinger when she goes into labor. I also hope that she is getting good pre-natal care from a qualified professional.  There are many tests that are routinely performed during pregnancy, and it would be nice to know that these are being done. Did the others even know their blood type when they were rushed to the hospital with life threatening emergencies? 

• Love 10
15 hours ago, DkNNy79 said:

If that is true I hope they have insurance and she is getting proper prenatal care since they can afford it.

I really don't believe the total they are saying she is worth.  Radziwill from RHNY was listed as having a bazillion dollars (cannot remember the amount) and she laughed and said not even close.  These are notorious for being wrong.  Maybe that is what she SHOULD be worth based on her life in front of the camera but I seriously doubt its true.  But wait.  Just thought.  Isn't In Touch the one they were suing but it was dropped?  Maybe they have some intel we don't.  Or have a beef with the Duggars and are trying to show that they lost no $ due to Josh the Perv.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 5

I think there is a good chance Jeremy is pro-doctor since he is an athlete. He has likely seen many a doctor in his day and feels comfortable seeking medical advice. Also, Jeremy has also likely seen his share of his friends put on stretchers for life-threatening and non-life-threatening injuries, and he does not want to see his precious Jinge and spawn loaded up in an ambulance. I also don't see Jinger pursuing a home birth. Home girl likes her creature comforts.

• Love 23

I have this image of Jill visiting Jer / Jin with her "medical things."  Jinger turns around to go into another room because she doesn't want Jill and her medical things anywhere near her. Jeremy blocks the door and tells Dr. Jill that his wife is seeing a real doctor who knows what he (or she) is doing and he wants her to take her medical things and stay far away from Jinger. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I really don't believe the total they are saying she is worth.  Radziwill from RHNY was listed as having a bazillion dollars (cannot remember the amount) and she laughed and said not even close.  These are notorious for being wrong.  Maybe that is what she SHOULD be worth based on her life in front of the camera but I seriously doubt its true.  But wait.  Just thought.  Isn't In Touch the one they were suing but it was dropped?  Maybe they have some intel we don't.  Or have a beef with the Duggars and are trying to show that they lost no $ due to Josh the Perv.

I doubt they know, or maybe they're extrapolating from one thing at best, like "once upon a time someone got a glimpse at a contract for a single member of Storage Wars or similar, and then determined that all reality TV participants must get paid the same".  One can determine a bottom benchmark for the likes of a scripted TV actor because those jobs are unionized and thus SAG, so they can't pay a lead actor "less than" per episode (though they could of course pay them an unlimited amount in the upper direction); there's no equivalent for reality show "performers" that I know of.  

• Love 2

I'm pretty sure that when they did the sit-down interview with...Daphne Oz?...and Joy/Austin, Jessa/Ben but not Jill/Derick, and they were all asked about having kids and if they'd have them at home, Jinger said said no, hospital all the way.  Am I remembering that correctly?  Because I know I was impressed by her saying something so different from her siblings, and also being quite confident in what she would prefer.

I'm going to guess she's getting proper prenatal care.  Jeremy is a conservative Christian, but he isn't fundie.  He wasn't home-schooled, he went to university, and although Jeremy kind of reminds me of my born-again-Christian brother-in-law (who way, way creepier than Jeremy), I think he has faith in medicine and knows enough to know that a home birth with not-well-qualified-midwives would be a big mistake.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Jeremy is a conservative Christian, but he isn't fundie.  He wasn't home-schooled, he went to university, and although Jeremy kind of reminds me of my born-again-Christian brother-in-law (who way, way creepier than Jeremy), I think he has faith in medicine and knows enough to know that a home birth with not-well-qualified-midwives would be a big mistake.

Actually Jeremy was home schooled.  He finally went to a public school for his junior and senior year in high school so that he could play soccer on the school team.  He says that his time in public school led him into sinful depravity:

"The test of my own faith began during the last year of high school. I had been home schooled most of my life, but began attending public school in my junior and senior year. It was during my senior year that a lot of sin began to be exposed in my heart. I began to drink and to attend parties on the weekends with different people. This continued into college, and the sin became worse and worse. Thankfully, God spared me from much during those years, but I also gave into much. I was part of the college party scene and was living foolishly. I began sliding deeper and deeper into the pits of lust and selfishness and pride." 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Actually Jeremy was home schooled.  He finally went to a public school for his junior and senior year in high school so that he could play soccer on the school team.  He says that his time in public school led him into sinful depravity:

"The test of my own faith began during the last year of high school. I had been home schooled most of my life, but began attending public school in my junior and senior year. It was during my senior year that a lot of sin began to be exposed in my heart. I began to drink and to attend parties on the weekends with different people. This continued into college, and the sin became worse and worse. Thankfully, God spared me from much during those years, but I also gave into much. I was part of the college party scene and was living foolishly. I began sliding deeper and deeper into the pits of lust and selfishness and pride." 

Actually, I hadn't thought much about this, but it makes me sad. I did some (well, a lot of) dumb things when I was in college. but I'm not filled with regret and remorse. I look back on those days with fondness, and would certainly want those opportunities for others.

• Love 15
27 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Ooh, lust?  But he became a born-again virgin?  Um, OK.  

• Love 4