Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

I have this image of Jill visiting Jer / Jin with her "medical things."  Jinger turns around to go into another room because she doesn't want Jill and her medical things anywhere near her. Jeremy blocks the door and tells Dr. Jill that his wife is seeing a real doctor who knows what he (or she) is doing and he wants her to take her medical things and stay far away from Jinger. 

I would SO watch THAT show.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I'm not convinced Jeremy isn't just as fundie as the others.

Either that or he's cynically faking it for the job. I can't decide which is worse.

• Love 8
On 3/13/2018 at 6:16 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

It probably says the same thing because it stole it from another one. Virtually none of these do any actual researching or reporting. They just steal stuff from one another. And of course they steal the number -- or whatever they're stealing -- that will get the most attention. .... If they said that Jingle was worth $250,000 for example, they'd get very little attention at all. $2 million, on the other hand ... They get a ton. It's all about the clickbait, doncha know.

On 3/14/2018 at 1:55 PM, lascuba said:

Aww, out of material already? I thought they'd have at least a few more episodes before they had to make up shit to do for the cameras.

One could hope. Where would they have gotten that material, though? None of them actually does much of anything, and they certainly have virtually no imagination. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
On 3/15/2018 at 12:53 PM, Lisa418722 said:

I have this image of Jill visiting Jer / Jin with her "medical things."  Jinger turns around to go into another room because she doesn't want Jill and her medical things anywhere near her. Jeremy blocks the door and tells Dr. Jill that his wife is seeing a real doctor who knows what he (or she) is doing and he wants her to take her medical things and stay far away from Jinger. 

Please, God, make it happen.

• Love 2
On 3/14/2018 at 7:47 PM, jennblevins said:

I’m going through the yearly sexual harassment prevention training at work, and one of the actors portraying a frequent harasser in the videos we have to watch looks weirdly like Jeremy. I doubt that signifies anything, but it’s at least an interesting distraction from all the other issues I have with the course. And a lot less disturbing than if he looked like Josh ...

Maybe it was a side gig no one knew about!?

• Love 1
On 3/16/2018 at 2:52 AM, DragonFaerie said:

This is one of the big problems I have with the whole, shelter the kids away while we teach them what we believe.  They never have a real chance to meet other people or ideas at a young age - like kindergarten or 1st grade and then can slowly begin to figure out their beliefs.  But when all of a sudden released into the real world there is so many things they are exposed to all at once - language, different beliefs, different modes of dress, drinking, smoking, tv, R-rated movies, movies in general and so much of the rest of the world, that is appears to be overwhelming to them and they have a hard time assimilating and making their own decisions.

Sounds like my BIL. Public school, but no dances or activities other than sports. No dating. Went to college on an athletic scholarship and smoked, drank and screwed his way out of that scholarship the first two years. Ended up at a small state college the last two years, finished and established himself. Is now a holy roller, as is my sister, both pretty much intolerable and insufferable hypocrites. I feel for their kids as this standard has been put upon them. 

• Love 9
On 3/15/2018 at 11:27 AM, Fostersmom said:

If they were smart they wouldn't even tell the family the baby was born until 2 days later, at the very earliest, and have a firm no visitor policy in place a month before and after the due date. 

Exactly!!!

Similar to what the other pants wearing heathen, Alyssa (Bates), has done after having her kids: "Don't call us, we'll call you."

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Bridget said:

Exactly!!!

Similar to what the other pants wearing heathen, Alyssa (Bates), has done after having her kids: "Don't call us, we'll call you."

Isn't there a photo of Gil and Kelly Bates at the hospital or birthing center from when Alyssa had one of her kids? 

Just now, Heathen said:

Isn't there a photo of Gil and Kelly Bates at the hospital or birthing center from when Alyssa had one of her kids? 

I think that was the second one. With the first, they were pretty adamant about no visitors until Alyssa had some time to rest and bond with the baby.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

Jeremy better establish a no visit policy now or else Boob will load up the "stink bus" with 30+ people and haul ass to Laredo; expecting to be fed and housed.

If Jeremy does this, then I will have one shred of respect for him. One. Shred. 

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

Jeremy better establish a no visit policy now or else Boob will load up the "stink bus" with 30+ people and haul ass to Laredo; expecting to be fed and housed.

I can see him doing this.  After all didn't he say no visitors for like 6 months after they were married?

• Love 4

Gil and Kelly with camera crew were at the birthing center for Lexie's birth (though not allowed in the delivery room).  The kicker is that Alyssa was having contractions while on a filmed outing with Kelly and kept it to herself.  She didn't tell Kelly and Gil she was in labor until she and John were settled into a birthing center room.   Hopefully, the Vuolos follow their lead. 

• Love 6

Says she is surprise she is tired. Invites Jill to the birth. Jeremy gets her food. Really...Stop the press...This is big time serious news. I mean she is tired and her husband gets her food. Like she is the first pregnant woman to be tired, and Jeremy is the first husband and father to be to get his wife food. Ain't she special!!!

Maybe I misread but I thought she said she invited Mullet and Jana, and Jill wants to make it. We must start a GoFundMe to get the Dullards out of the country during Jinger’s birth.  So much for Jeremy keeping inept Jill away. It was good the article referred to the delivery room. Unless that is what the Duggars call the room in the house where they catch the baby.

Edited by SMama
Clarification
  • Love 11

It sounds like Jinger will be definitely be giving birth in Laredo, more than likely in a hospital, and that she doesn't want loads of her sisters to be present when she does. Good for her. 

• Love 4

Good Lord, I didn't know even pregnancy has "seasons" with these people. She mentioned it when saying Jeremy was great to get her take out food when she had morning sickness & didn't want to cook. 

• Love 14
39 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

She did say that Jill "wanted to come" not that she was invited.   I'll take that slight bit of progress!   

Remember, though, that Jill is glued to her headship 24/7. She may "want to come" but she won't be able to come -- some other woman could easily sneak in and make Derick a sandwich!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Says she is surprise she is tired. Invites Jill to the birth. Jeremy gets her food. Really...Stop the press...This is big time serious news. I mean she is tired and her husband gets her food. Like she is the first pregnant woman to be tired, and Jeremy is the first husband and father to be to get his wife food. Ain't she special!!!

Jeremy might be the first Duggar husband to regularly get his pregnant wife food. All the others had Jana to do it. 

• Love 20
10 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Jeremy might be the first Duggar husband to regularly get his pregnant wife food. All the others had Jana to do it. 

And Jim Bob did the opposite, making his laboring wife get HIM food.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/jinger-duggar-how-pregnancy-surprised-her/amp/

She's invited "Mama" and Jana to the birth. Says Jill wants to be there. But she thinks only Mama will be able to make it to the birth.

Sounds like home birth to me!  Michelle is coming!  Remember Jill wasn't there when Jessa had Spurgeon, and Jana and Michelle were. It was her "team" including Michelle and Jana who encouraged and convinced her to stay home during the birth when she was considering transferring to the hospital. 

56 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I thought Derelict did the same thing for Jill.

yes he did! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Sounds like home birth to me!  Michelle is coming!  Remember Jill wasn't there when Jessa had Spurgeon, and Jana and Michelle were. It was her "team" including Michelle and Jana who encouraged and convinced her to stay home during the birth when she was considering transferring to the hospital. 

What I was trying to say is that Michelle and Jana are just as much a disaster team as Jill. They encouraged Jessa to give birth at homebirth. There probably was another anonymous midwife, but People listed her midwives as Jana, Michelle, another J-girl, and Guinn.  When I read the People article, I remember thinking it was probably Michelle telling Jessa she didn't want to go to the hospital.  Jessa could have bled to death if she hadn't made it to a hospital in time.

I'm still holding out hope that she will have the baby at a hospital and/or have competent people delivering the baby. But it seems less likely from the article!

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 10

No, I don't see Jeremy wanting the mess, disorder and chaos of a home birth, first and foremost...also Jing was terrified of her sisters' homebirths. If I'm wrong, I'll own it but even if she was amped for a last minute ambulance ride, I'm sure Baaaabe isn't. I also don't see her assembling the Army the other sisters appeared to have gathered to witness the blessed event....of being transported to the nearest hospital for medical intervention.

• Love 18
44 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Considering the many, many inaccuracies In Touch has published in the past, none of this could be happening and Jinger and Jeremy will pop off to the local hospital when the time comes.

It's not InTouch, it's an exclusive interview with Us Weekly. 

• Love 2