Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

I doubt there's anything complicated involved with the baby emoji. It showed up in the same (non)colors for me a couple of weeks ago when she last posted an update. Different media seem to have different emoji displays. I know that my android emojis aren't the same as an Iphone. I'm not sure where my laptop fits into all of this. 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Is it possible the baby is an animated emoji that cycles through all states of being?  Blue, pink, empty, and just freezes randomly on one of 'em?

I think it's determined by operating system. There is a standard set of emoji, but each OS has its own style for how they look (Apple, Android, etc.). Here are some examples. I don't believe there's any coded message in the baby face.

• Love 3

I once saw a Farrah Abraham video starring an artichoke. She was really into it. 

It was an amateur cooking video. She scooped out the insides and used the shell as a dish.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, louannems said:

I'm a huge drinker of water.  Good old tap water is just fine with me.  Do they think their city doesn't filter the tap water?

Hard to tell about the taste of any given city's tap water, though. I like the tap water almost anywhere. But in one of my two cities of recent residence, it tastes absolutely terrible. And it's a strong taste, including a weird sulphurous smell that hits you not just when you're drinking it but from all the way across the room when it comes out of the tap.  Filtering it makes it taste a little better. So that might be the case where they are. On the other hand, they may just be doing something silly and unnecessary. Because they're like that. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I would be weird about my spices being so close to the sink.  I know they are sealed and all but for some reason I don't like this.

I wouldn't want them there just because it would be a total pain in the ass to wipe them down and move them when you have to clean. Of course, the Duggars definition of cleaning is running a Swifter duster along the counter once or twice a year, but still.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Bitter Betty said:

Why? It's not dangerous to dye your hair while pregnant.  

It isn't?  It's been ages since I was pregnant, but it was thought to be dangerous then, at least what I heard at the time.  Of course, I didn't start dyeing mine until I started getting gray in my mid-30's.  I always liked my natural dark blonde.  To each her own.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

It isn't?  It's been ages since I was pregnant, but it was thought to be dangerous then, at least what I heard at the time.  Of course, I didn't start dyeing mine until I started getting gray in my mid-30's.  I always liked my natural dark blonde.  To each her own.

You can dye your hair after the 1st trimester.  I got my hair dyed in the beginning of my third trimester.  I didn't ask for it, but my stylist said she used the most natural of products that she had.

I even had coffee throughout my pregnancy.  I abstained the first month or so, but my OB said it was fine just not to go over 200mg a day.  So I had my grande iced coffee every day.  Made my pregnancy so much more enjoyable.

Edited by DkNNy79
  • Love 8

Coffee nauseated me the first trimester, but after that, I drank my daily cup.  I was working and needed my wake-up cup.  Now that I'm old, I drink two a day, and I love it. Just plain black, and strong.

My in-laws lived in Island County, WA, and their water was BAD!  I couldn't drink it.  Where I live in WA, the tap water's fine.  Mr. Xword thinks it tastes weird, but he's not much of a water drinker.  He drinks diet Pepsi or Propel.  

Jin is the only one I'd wish a girl baby for.  Jer I don't see as being a total patriarchal ass like Boob.  But one never knows.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, louannems said:

Kent, Wa here with delicious water, except for an hour once a week when I smell chlorine!

Out in rural CT...we have a well, and our water tastes good overall. First thing in the morning it sometimes has a bit of a stale flavor, but I let it run for a bit to get all the water out that's been sitting in the pipes all night, and after that it's fine.

14 hours ago, MarysWetBar said:

She's gonna look just like her mother. *sigh*

She's always looked like her mother. Which is unfortunate, because while Michelle was/is quite attractive, the kids who most resemble her (Josh, Jinger, Josie, someone else in the middle who's name I can't remember), are...not. Though Jinger has been growing into her looks the past few years.

• Love 2
On 2018-03-05 at 2:52 AM, Spencer Hastings said:

My Apple products don’t show a pacifier so it took me awhile to figure out what everyone was talking about! I think Jinger also has an iPhone so she also wouldn’t see any pacifier when choosing the baby emoji.

I am also on Apple and don't see a pacifier either had no idea what everyone else was seeing lol

• Love 3

No paci here, either. I’m on an iPhone.  

I always thought Jin was pretty. A cute little girl, a pretty teen, and a beautiful young woman. She is growing into her beauty as she matures and honestly I think it has a lot to do with being away from the TTH.  The ridiculous rules that made no sense, the overprocessing of her hair, the overdone makeup (though she still has work to do there...) and the ludicrous clothing were really dragging her down. Her new life with Jer-a-MEE has been good to her.  To be honest, he found himself an Eliza Doolittle and she is starting to blossom.  I credit Jer-a-MEE and his mom (and maybe sister) for Jin’s fashion improvement.  I bet they take her shopping frequently and have shown her a whole new world of comfy pants and clothes that are NOT made of denim and overly stretched-out jersey. 

• Love 21

One plus to them being in Laredo is that Jinger can get pre-natal care from someone other than Jill Medicine Woman. I hope that she is doing so, and that Jeremy is insisting on it. Even if she is still completely drunk on the kool-aide, Jeremy has got to see that Jill's skills are less than optimal.

• Love 21
5 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

One plus to them being in Laredo is that Jinger can get pre-natal care from someone other than Jill Medicine Woman. I hope that she is doing so, and that Jeremy is insisting on it. Even if she is still completely drunk on the kool-aide, Jeremy has got to see that Jill's skills are less than optimal.

And hopefully this medical professional won't stand around taking selfies with her pie hole wide open all of the time.

• Love 12

As much as we all know we will get to see Jill bring her medical things to "check" Jinger and baby this season, I have no doubt it will be to humor her.   Pretty positive that Jeremy is taking her to real OB appointments.   He grew up in a much more normal (comparatively speaking) home and I doubt his parents would keep quiet if she was relying solely on Jill.

• Love 11
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 6:57 PM, louannems said:

I'm a huge drinker of water.  Good old tap water is just fine with me.  Do they think their city doesn't filter the tap water?

When I moved to Atlanta eleven years ago I could barely rinse the toothpaste from my mouth without gagging.  Due to heat and longer warm periods, the water has a higher level of chlorine and the smell and taste are very strong.  Maybe Texas is the same, but there are much cheaper ways to filter your water to make it taste better.  My fridge has a water filter and the water tastes fine.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

When I moved to Atlanta eleven years ago I could barely rinse the toothpaste from my mouth without gagging.  Due to heat and longer warm periods, the water has a higher level of chlorine and the smell and taste are very strong.  Maybe Texas is the same, but there are much cheaper ways to filter your water to make it taste better.  My fridge has a water filter and the water tastes fine.

We moved to metro Atlanta a little over two years ago after living in Baton Rouge for a long time. Baton Rouge water is delicious. It comes from aquifers -can drink it straight from the tap. Here we used a Brita pitcher which is enough for the two of us. Definite difference. Not in a good way. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

We moved to metro Atlanta a little over two years ago after living in Baton Rouge for a long time. Baton Rouge water is delicious. It comes from aquifers -can drink it straight from the tap. Here we used a Brita pitcher which is enough for the two of us. Definite difference. Not in a good way. 

Also metro Atlanta, but our water is fine and I can’t tell the difference between filtered and tap. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

No paci here, either. I’m on an iPhone.  

I always thought Jin was pretty. A cute little girl, a pretty teen, and a beautiful young woman. She is growing into her beauty as she matures and honestly I think it has a lot to do with being away from the TTH.  The ridiculous rules that made no sense, the overprocessing of her hair, the overdone makeup (though she still has work to do there...) and the ludicrous clothing were really dragging her down. Her new life with Jer-a-MEE has been good to her.  To be honest, he found himself an Eliza Doolittle and she is starting to blossom.  I credit Jer-a-MEE and his mom (and maybe sister) for Jin’s fashion improvement.  I bet they take her shopping frequently and have shown her a whole new world of comfy pants and clothes that are NOT made of denim and overly stretched-out jersey. 

Agreed. In fact, for my money she is the real beauty of the family, and that includes Princess Jessa. Jinger has great skin, a great figure, hair not scraggly and often styled into anything other than banana curls, and she's finally ditched the Kate Middleton raccoon eyes she always used to sport. Toss her interest in trendy clothes, and she's really made strides.  Her coat game is on point too.

Jeremy really needs the beard back, I agree. Facial hair works WONDERS for a lot of men, and he is one of them.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Also metro Atlanta, but our water is fine and I can’t tell the difference between filtered and tap. 

Metro Atlanta too (we need to start a club!), and I don’t mind our water. 

Topic?  Jinger has at least picked cute maternity clothes. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I always thought Jin was pretty. A cute little girl, a pretty teen, and a beautiful young woman.

I have to admit I always thought she was a cute but odd looking child and teen, but she's looking quite nice now. Not beautiful exactly but she has a distinct and attractive look, especially compared to her wonderbread siblings, and she's got a good sense of style.

• Love 13
On 2/18/2018 at 8:46 AM, Loves2Dance said:

1, She looks happy.

2. She's gone 3 weeks since her last belly picture and isn't doing the weekly, or in some cases, daily a la Jessa and Jill

3. This is a thing---I am a Millennial and this is a thing. Older generations may not like it or see it as necessary, but we do and this is generational definitely not fundie only.  

I’m 64 and I think it’s kind of adorable. She seems to be loving her married life and if that includes being super excited about the baby, good for her. No one is making us look; I don’t do Instagram so would not even know she was posting these if they weren’t shared here. 

• Love 17

HAH!! Metro-Atlanta here, too. Recently relocated from NYC.  The tap water here is disgusting. Just ... foul. We don't even cook with it. And NYC water wasn't great. Not at all. But the water here in GA is bad bad bad. I can't brush my teeth with it. I even get grossed out while showering if it gets into my mouth. I don't know what it is I'm tasting, but it's horrendous.

I think Jinger is beautiful. I think she is the prettiest followed by Jana and then Joy and then every other girl ... then Jilly and her poor gummy smile. 

• Love 2

I'm also in Metro Atlanta - hi everyone!   When I moved into my condo they were in the process of replacing the pipes and after that the water was disgusting (actually for a few years).  It's just been in the past couple of years that the tap water is tolerable (except when we have water leaks which happens way too often).  I still prefer bottled or filtered water to drink, but at least I can brush my teeth with the tap water now.  

To get back on topic, I think Jinger has come so far. Jeremy is not my type, but he seems to be hers and she does seem happy. 

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 3

Back when I was in college, 1995-1999, the water was so bad in the town the school was in, you had to wait for it to settle in the glass, and we wouldn't drink anything that didn't come in a bottle or can. Brushing your teeth with it was most any of us would do. Every store around had like 6 pallets of gallons of water all over the store. My favorite were these little windmill buildings in random parking lots of stores, you could buy clean, filtered water from those, refilling your gallon bottles. I didn't know a single student who didn't have a few gallons of water stashed in their dorm room. That was pretty much the first trip when you got back to campus, going to buy water. I learned not to take drinkable tap water for granted after that. 

I don't understand Jinger's joke, but I do see the spendy Apple watch. Did Boob pay for it? A pastor at a dinky plant church certainly couldn't afford it without... CREDIT. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Interesting water discussion especially from us metro Atlantans. I wonder if we already know each other. Wouldn't that be a hoot?  I think Jana is prettiest followed by jinger 

Meet up! I suggest JCT Kitchen followed by Jeni’s ice cream. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

I'm in  right in my backyard almost 

daytime time for me unless my new glasses do in fact clear the glare and allow me to drive at night 

Edited by lookeyloo
Add
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

I’m a suburbanite. You all can come out to Local Republic in L’ville. 

Pretty sure the Apple Watches will go by the wayside once Baby V arrives. ?

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

I’m a suburbanite. You all can come out to Local Republic in L’ville. 

Pretty sure the Apple Watches will go by the wayside once Baby V arrives. ?

I'm in the same county as you.  But I work in Midtown so I'm used to that drive every day.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't understand Jinger's joke, but I do see the spendy Apple watch. Did Boob pay for it? A pastor at a dinky plant church certainly couldn't afford it without... CREDIT. 

They must be regulars at this coffee shop.  Crystal, their barista, responded.

• Love 1
On 3/9/2018 at 8:59 PM, Vaysh said:

I have to admit I always thought she was a cute but odd looking child and teen, but she's looking quite nice now. Not beautiful exactly but she has a distinct and attractive look, especially compared to her wonderbread siblings, and she's got a good sense of style.

Man, I actively pitied her when she was a kid, I found her looks that off-putting. Jill was just plain, but Jinger, to me, was flat out unattractive bordering on ugly. Adulthood has done wonders for her. 

Honestly, for a long time I assumed most people thought this which is how the whole "free jinger" thing took off. If she had been better looking I don't think the internet would have been at all charmed by her eyerolls. 

• Love 2