Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Anyone looked into the Marketplace Grill? It's not a super inexpensive place - entrees are $15+ a plate. Heck, a chicken tender plate is $12.99.

They also have tilapia, fontina cheese, and a tikka masala. I'm kind of surprised the Duggars ever ate here, honestly.

I don't see any reference to a free dessert on your birthday, but they have a rewards club that'll give you a free dessert on your membership anniversary. It also gives you $10 off your bill for your birthday and redeemable points for each dollar you spend there. ... so maybe I get why they eat there. If you have to spend money on food, I guess you might as well make it count for something? I mean, at least they're feeding their kids, right?

Also, the drippy sundae? $9.

• Love 3

So the infamous drippy sundae claims another victim. And I had such high hopes. 

I agree Jeremy and Jinger look so off together. He's a mature 30 and she still looks like a 14 year-old girl. If I didn't know who they were and I saw them in public, I'd be taken aback. 

1 hour ago, ariel said:

When I see Babe & Jing going out to dinner it look's like a divorced father who has custody of this teenage daughter every other weekend & is taking her out to dinner.

She looks like one of those dimwit teenagers who runs off with the older man she met on the Internet.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Ok, I thought "what's so bad about the word 'minge'?" Then I googled it. OMGoodness 

I swear I learn something new every day on these forums...

That's two of us. Never heard the word before. So I guess I can claim my PTV addiction is educational.

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

That's two of us. Never heard the word before. So I guess I can claim my PTV addiction is educational.

It's a Brit term and it's hilarious. Other favorite Brit words: grot, grotty, snog, slag, gobsmacked, cockwomble (that one is Scottish), tosser, rotter, and shambolic.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
Keep adding
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

For you religious folks out there, do you comment of your partners love for God - ever? Do you praise your partner for his devotion to God on special occasions?

Except for the fact they are more original in their turns of phrase and actually labor over these choices of words (I've seen 'em), my mother and her sister absolutely would write Duggaresque missives crammed with born-againspeak in greeting cards to their spouses.  Hell, they'd write them unto the second generation (i.e., me), and already have.  I feel I may have in fact seen messages like these in cards for my father, though it's been several years since I was around him on his birthday.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, ariel said:

When I see Babe & Jing going out to dinner it look's like a divorced father who has custody of this teenage daughter every other weekend & is taking her out to dinner.

Same. For all the talk of what an attractive couple they are, I just don't see it. I know looks are subjective and don't matter but they look so mismatched. He's a fairly attractive adult who dresses well and fancies himself sophisticated. Jinger...isn't any of those things to me. And since those looks match up with Jinger's emotional immaturity and Jeremy's scheming ambitions...

• Love 9
15 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

The slacker!!!!

Even knowing I was going to be sorry I had to join you. 

Me too!  I swear y'all are making me learn shit!  Maybe we need our own summer camp, ahem, bible school.

14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Ladies, we're old. :D 

Sting is still hot as hell and he's like 65. Damn. 

And apparently SUPER nice.  And short.  My husband was his security for a show a couple of years ago.  

Old but living a life of more than free drippy sundaes on our special day!  I hope I am not alone in this but my husband ACTUALLY lets me out without a chaperone.  <whisper> and wear pants...

• Love 10
8 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Jinger does look like a 12 year old in every picture, while he looks like the adult he is.

They'd look less mismatched if Jinger would do something to her hair.  Shoulder length would be nice on her.

• Love 5

Re: Jinger's hair, I agree it would look better cut shorter and I'm sure she has heard that as well.  She's buying pants, why wouldn't she hear about her hair?  LOL.

She is probably keeping it long because she likes it that way.  If so, good for her. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, ariel said:

I think his "church" is paying him very little money.  He's living off the Duggar teat.  Hooking up with Jinger was planned & calculated. So far it has worked to his advantage.  Money for nothing, chicks for free.

They all must be absolutely sure that that tv show is going to go on forever. 

I used to hope they were wrong about that, but I've given up hope now, too. So I guess none of them actually needs work that pays anything, even if they eat steaks, have a ton of babies, or crave trendy shoes. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Jeremy really does like himself, doesn't he? When does he ever minister to his Church?

He preached the Sunday sermon on September 3rd.  His church is having an afternoon Bible study today and a prayer meeting tonight.  I don't know if he'll make it back for those.

57 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

Re: Jinger's hair, I agree it would look better cut shorter and I'm sure she has heard that as well.  She's buying pants, why wouldn't she hear about her hair?  LOL.

She is probably keeping it long because she likes it that way.  If so, good for her. 

Most girls her age seem to prefer long hair no matter how damaged it is or how bad it looks on them. Many men also prefer women with long hair no matter what. Social conditioning is a bitch.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Jellybeans said:

And cutting your long hair is a big change, and hard to get back quickly if you find you regret cutting it. 

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

And cutting your long hair is a big change, and hard to get back quickly if you find you regret cutting it. 

This, plus it seems to grow more slowly in your 30s (and presumably beyond, although I haven't experienced that yet).

Still I agree Jinger at least needs a serious trim. (You know, the kind where you tell the stylist you just want a trim, maybe 1", and they're like LOL K thanks for the Locks of Love donation enjoy your new pageboy!)

• Love 9
On 9/4/2017 at 9:11 AM, leighdear said:

It just means that you can see which side of his pants he parks his "package" on.   And it's actually a tailoring term, for when men are having pants fitted.  

The side they jam their junk in is usually a little wider to accommodate. 

I didn't know it was an actual tailoring term and that tailors make men's pants "a little wider to accommodate".
This forum is so...educational.

• Love 16

I have a feeling two kids and no Sister-Moms is really sucking the life out of Jessa right now. It's like she's going overboard with the throwback pics in the hopes that Jinger will remember she still exists.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 12

My parents made it to fifty-eight years of marriage and I've made it to thirty-seven so far. Mama got on the train to go to New Orleans for nursing school when she graduated from high school at seventeen and worked till she was seventy-five. She only quit because her second knee operation didn't do as well as the first one. She and Daddy encouraged college for all of their kids.  Somehow we have all managed to live good lives and stay out of prison.  We're evil Catholics, though, so the Duggars, with their uneducated, barely working kids, would say they did it wrong. Oh, well.

• Love 23

I was 28 when I finally cut my waist length hair to shoulder length.  I got pregnant (planned) soon after.  Mr. X and I didn't look as age-different as these two, though.  I still think Jer likes her teenage look, even though he does look his age.  Maybe he'll knock her up when she finally cuts that fried hair; who knows? 

If Jing ever were to go to a bar or cocktail lounge, she'd probably get carded until she was 40.  (Not saying that's bad!)

He went after her for the D-list celeb that she is, I have no doubt.  They have the most important thing in common:  they both are in love with Jer.

It's got to be better than living in the TTH with Boob controlling everything.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Why is Jinger wearing that hat?  Is it cold in Texas? 

Maybe Babe convinced her that a hat is a fashion statement.  She will look sophisticated like Kate Middleton if she wears a hat?  Sadly, he or she chose the wrong one.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I have a feeling two kids and no Sister-Moms is really sucking the life out of Jessa right now. It's like she's going overboard with the throwback pics in the hopes that Jinger will remember she still exists.

Like an old friend from high school who doesn't realize it's over.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I was 28 when I finally cut my waist length hair to shoulder length.  I got pregnant (planned) soon after.  Mr. X and I didn't look as age-different as these two, though.  I still think Jer likes her teenage look, even though he does look his age.  Maybe he'll knock her up when she finally cuts that fried hair; who knows? 

If Jing ever were to go to a bar or cocktail lounge, she'd probably get carded until she was 40.  (Not saying that's bad!)

He went after her for the D-list celeb that she is, I have no doubt.  They have the most important thing in common:  they both are in love with Jer.

It's got to be better than living in the TTH with Boob controlling everything.

My husband is a year and a half younger than me. When we celebrated his 33rd birthday (I was 34 at the time), we went to a Japanese restaurant and the waiter carded me when I ordered Sake. My husband whipped out his ID and the waiter told him "No no, not you. Just her." So not only did I look young, but my younger husband apparently didn't look young enough.

Most recently, I got carded last month when I bought wine. I'll be 40 in 5 months. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Jellybeans said:

I don't know...lots of young people wear winter hats in the summer.  My son is one of them.  It's cold indoors.  

Do they wear winter hats in Texas in the summer?  

• Love 3
23 hours ago, ariel said:

I think his "church" is paying him very little money.  He's living off the Duggar teat.  Hooking up with Jinger was planned & calculated. So far it has worked to his advantage.  Money for nothing, chicks for free.

Plus some guys get off on banging a virgin. And are the types who want to make every decision/be in charge of the household. No better way to do that than to marry a 22 yr old who has the maturity and life experience of your average 7th grade girl -- she'll fawn all over you and you'll get to tell her what to do/how you like everything in life done bc afterall you're just offering your "wisdom" and you'll blow her mind sexually considering she's never even held a guy's hand before or seen a d!ck past toddler/diaper age.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, asuwur said:

Ok...Blessa posted this picture of Jinger's apparent first birthday...look at the cake....Does it not say "Ginger"? 

Screenshot_20170906-161445-600x1067.png

It's a cursive J, but the icing is too thick and there's too much squiggle on the top left, before the J part, so it looks more like a D. I see that her hands are being restrained, presumably so she doesn't grab a handful. Can't mess up that cake before the photo! 

• Love 1

My sister-in-law has gotten carded the most when she's out with me. Either drinking or gambling, it makes her so mad because I'm younger then her and I've always look a lot younger.  "How is it you just turned 21 you look 16 and I'm the one being card?"  

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

It's a cursive J, but the icing is too thick and there's too much squiggle on the top left, before the J part, so it looks more like a D. I see that her hands are being restrained, presumably so she doesn't grab a handful. Can't mess up that cake before the photo! 

No, that is a G.  After a certain number of kids and them using the starting letter of J, they realized they should change Ginger to Jinger.  That was disclosed in some of the really early episodes many, many years ago.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

My husband is a year and a half younger than me. When we celebrated his 33rd birthday (I was 34 at the time), we went to a Japanese restaurant and the waiter carded me when I ordered Sake. My husband whipped out his ID and the waiter told him "No no, not you. Just her." So not only did I look young, but my younger husband apparently didn't look young enough.

Most recently, I got carded last month when I bought wine. I'll be 40 in 5 months. 

And where I live I get carded too and I'm 73!  I know I don't look that young!! Or even plain young.  I think it must be store policies or a law. We are new here and I haven't investigated yet. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, AngelinaMaria said:

No, that is a G.  After a certain number of kids and them using the starting letter of J, they realized they should change Ginger to Jinger.  That was disclosed in some of the really early episodes many, many years ago.

No it was never a G. Her name was Jinger with J.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AngelinaMaria said:

Jinger is #5. So they got somewhere past five kids, realized they accidentally independently had picked all names that started with Js except hers, and decided to fix it? (Did they fix it legally? Did they go the Bates route and only change one letter because that's what was allowed as a freebie? (Jinger vs Jinjer).)

That's ... moronic.

(My parents realized they accidentally had a theme going after 2 kids, so when my #3 came along they they continued the "three syllables and ends in a" thing with her. (She was the last kid.))

• Love 3

I have a feeling that some establishments card women regardless of how old they look.  It's meant to make a woman feel that she looks "young", which is supposed to make her feel good and make her want to return to said establishment.  Pure marketing ploy.  And it works on some women.

• Love 12