Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, queenanne said:

Joel Osteen creeps me out even on mute, when the TV happens to be sitting on a channel airing his service.  He looks like he's made of Silly Putty.

I'm with you.  He's damn creepy.  

17 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Wow, he's had a ton of work done. 

Didn't help.  Awful.

• Love 4

I watched Jinger and Jeremy's congrats video to Joystin...Jeremy wasn't impressed and Jinger seemed relieved that it wasn't her. Why do they always have to say 'little one'? It's so annoying . Nothing wrong with saying 'baby' or 'child'.

• Love 4
On 8/29/2017 at 6:44 PM, GeeGolly said:

I just don't get that preachers can live as millionaires and folks continue to donate money to the churches.  

They tell the sheeple that it's God who's blessed them with the money, and if the people show their own godliness by donating more then God will eventually bless them with money, too. 

Always amazing to me that anyone falls for this. But they fall for it in droves, apparently. 

• Love 10
On 8/30/2017 at 6:39 PM, JoanArc said:

Well, now we know why he doesn't seem to have much to do.

On the other hand, maybe if he did more, there'd be more people. I'm not sure people rush to join a church whose pastor doesn't even pretend to give a crap about them. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

On the other hand, maybe if he did more, there'd be more people. I'm not sure people rush to join a church whose pastor doesn't even pretend to give a crap about them. 

Even tougher to join a church if the pastor is never there.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

Some preachers prefer smaller Churches.  

I don't go to Church but if I did, I would go to a small one.  Don't trust the big ones... at all.

Mega churches are horrible, but I'd never attend one with whatever number Jeremy has... 30, 50 tops. I prefer something a little larger: still small enough to know people and have maybe 10-20 people at a Bible study or youth group activity. More than that is too much for me. I don't require a Children's Dance Ministry (yes, this is a thing at Cross Church), etc. 

Fewer people requires less work from Jeremy, aside from slaving away 30-40 hrs/wk (riiiiight) on his sermons. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

Some preachers prefer smaller Churches.  

I don't go to Church but if I did, I would go to a small one.  Don't trust the big ones... at all.

To me, Jeremy's church looks fairly new.  Small groups like that (probably meeting in a shopping center) end up becoming mega churches if they have a charismatic leader.  I don't know if he is charismatic, but they certainly could be on the path to mega church stardom.

Jeremy didn't seem to interested in the video, (its hard to be excited for a newly married, pregnant teenage sister in law that you barely know).  Jinger seemed to want to say what ever would please Jeremy.  I'm glad to see Jinger expressing freedom through her clothes and things, but I wonder if she's not a little lost being raised to become a mother to a large family.  She seems to be finding her purpose, I would hope that could include some professional training like community college photography classes or even getting a part time job in a clothing store.  She's got to be bored being at home all day with Jeremy.

If the videos keep up, they'll have to make over a hundred of them by the time all of her siblings have kids.

• Love 3

Who knows, she probably has to mail her used pee sticks home to be inspected as proof of trying. 

I wanted to throw something at the screen during the sisters Skype when Jilly Muffin blurted out, "Are you pregnant yet?" That was just so offensive and insensitive for anyone to do that. Jessa did not hide her displeasure about that. Maybe a Jinger confided to Jessa that she was having issues. I'm happy to see vain and self centered Jessa be protective of Jinger, since none of the siblings seem to like one another much, and only tolerate Muffy because she's daddy's favorite.

• Love 15
17 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Who knows, she probably has to mail her used pee sticks home to be inspected as proof of trying. 

I wanted to throw something at the screen during the sisters Skype when Jilly Muffin blurted out, "Are you pregnant yet?" That was just so offensive and insensitive for anyone to do that. Jessa did not hide her displeasure about that. Maybe a Jinger confided to Jessa that she was having issues. I'm happy to see vain and self centered Jessa be protective of Jinger, since none of the siblings seem to like one another much, and only tolerate Muffy because she's daddy's favorite.

I think Jana and JD like each other. I also think Josiah and Joy like each other. I HOPED Josiah and Joy would've been two to run for the hills but nah. 

Given Jinger and Joe are close I thought Joe might look up to Jeremy and Jinger if he wanted to live more mainstream. The jury is still out on Joe and Kendra- they are both young BUT I see a naturally lightness and chemistry between them even now. Kendra is just a kid but at least she isn't being sold off to a gross old man OR a perv like Josh. 

All we we need is ONE sibling to live how they truly want and at least a few more will follow suit. 

Edited to add- if Ben had been older/established (a career and place of his own) I could see Jessa and Ben living more like Jinger and Jeremy, but they have to tow the party line to keep the cash going. Add two pregnancies back to back and I think Ben wonders "what did I get myself into?"

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 12
22 hours ago, scenicbyway said:

To me, Jeremy's church looks fairly new.  Small groups like that (probably meeting in a shopping center) end up becoming mega churches if they have a charismatic leader.  I don't know if he is charismatic, but they certainly could be on the path to mega church stardom.

It is new. It's a plant. It's in a converted house. He's supposed to be the nurturer of the plant.

That's a big reason why I find it not a compliment to him that a) he's been away from it a lot of the time and b) the church website makes plain that he spends little thought on the people in the church, both the ones who worship there and the ones who work there, doing the stuff that he doesn't do -- such as cover the weekly Wednesday, Friday and Sunday events that he has missed many times over the past year.

It's clear that he manages the website, and -- while I haven't looked in the past few weeks -- prior to that there wasn't a whisper on it about anybody except himself, his "mentor" -- whose words and example he's utterly ignored as far as I can tell, and his own parents -- whom he describes as the most godly people he's ever known. Not a word about the people at the church who obviously clean it up, mow the lawn, presumably minister to and counsel with the congregation and cover for him at the many events he's missed. And not a word or a photo related to the congregation, either. ..... 

And have you listened to any of the several sermons he's posted on line? He's not charismatic. 

He has, however, conditioned li'l wifey to talk about "his ministry," which I figure must be the big church and the big online or video ministry he figures he'll get. But I expect that you have to be a lot better at pastoring or a lot more effective and charismatic grifter and slimer than he seems to be to get one. I think he's probably depending too much on just sheer ego, desire and the Duggar TeeVee fame to get it for him. So he probably shouldn't hold his breath. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

It is new. It's a plant. It's in a converted house. He's supposed to be the nurturer of the plant.

That's a big reason why I find it not a compliment to him that a) he's been away from it a lot of the time and b) the church website makes plain that he spends little thought on the people in the church, both the ones who worship there and the ones who work there, doing the stuff that he doesn't do -- such as cover the weekly Wednesday, Friday and Sunday events that he has missed many times over the past year.

It's clear that he manages the website, and -- while I haven't looked in the past few weeks -- prior to that there wasn't a whisper on it about anybody except himself, his "mentor" -- whose words and example he's utterly ignored as far as I can tell, and his own parents -- whom he describes as the most godly people he's ever known. Not a word about the people at the church who obviously clean it up, mow the lawn, presumably minister to and counsel with the congregation and cover for him at the many events he's missed. And not a word or a photo related to the congregation, either. ..... 

And have you listened to any of the several sermons he's posted on line? He's not charismatic. 

He has, however, conditioned li'l wifey to talk about "his ministry," which I figure must be the big church and the big online or video ministry he figures he'll get. But I expect that you have to be a lot better at pastoring or a lot more effective and charismatic grifter and slimer than he seems to be to get one. I think he's probably depending too much on just sheer ego, desire and the Duggar TeeVee fame to get it for him. So he probably shouldn't hold his breath. 

One thing you have to say about all the tv evangelists, whether you agree with their message or not, is that they are charismatic. I used to watch Jim and Tammy Faye, (primarily to see her outfits and make-up) but they do draw you in. It's almost mesmerizing, and I can see how some people can get hooked and donate their life savings. All Jeremy has is hubris and as he fails to attract an audience for his stilted and droning sermons, I fear that will eventually leave him as well.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, bythelake said:

One thing you have to say about all the tv evangelists, whether you agree with their message or not, is that they are charismatic. I used to watch Jim and Tammy Faye, (primarily to see her outfits and make-up) but they do draw you in. It's almost mesmerizing, and I can see how some people can get hooked and donate their life savings. All Jeremy has is hubris and as he fails to attract an audience for his stilted and droning sermons, I fear that will eventually leave him as well.

I agree with you on that!  I used to watch two women ministers on a local station.  I couldn't disagree more with their views, but, they were fascinating and I loved watching.

• Love 1

I used to watch the chick with the pink hair out of sheer horror. Course she and her husband and church got sued for not protecting her granddaughter from a sexual predator. So yea, upstanding people.

Hey Jinger, don't dye your hair pink. You're welcome.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 3
On 8/30/2017 at 4:05 PM, Kokapetl said:

This is that Joel Osteen fella? He must have some personality. 

on7dj65yz3oshlmgley3.png

His voice is like a girlier version of Warren Jeffs. He creeps me out so much and someone really needs to tell him to lay off the Botox. 

• Love 8

Jeremy baptized some people are few days ago. You can seeJinger filming the closeups to the far right wearing a gray blazer and black jeans. No belly in sight...

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 3
On 8/15/2017 at 3:46 PM, Fostersmom said:

15 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jeremy baptized some people are few days ago. You can seeJinger filming the closeups to the far right wearing a gray blazer and black jeans. No belly in sight..

Great ass views of Jeremy.  He could just have easily stood facing the audience, but Jeremy loves showing off his perfectly fit behind.

Did I see a woman strumming a guitar in the window?  Such a strange little church!

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Did Pastor Duggalo comment on the National Day of Prayer today?

No, but Derelict did. Ole Ronnie Floyd serves the Orange One in some religious capacity and I guess led the nation in prayer this morning. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

No, but Derelict did. Ole Ronnie Floyd serves the Orange One in some religious capacity and I guess led the nation in prayer this morning. 

Oh, dear...

8 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Is that a HORSE TROUGH???????

It's like something you'd use to dissolve a body in acid.

• Love 16

I'm not particularly religious and have never attended an adult baptism (and have only seen photos of infant baptisms), but are they always such... wet affairs? I'm pretty sure they don't douse an infant in water, so I just assumed an adult baptism was similar.

I didn't realize the baptizee went swimming and the baptisor needed waders. 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Haha...part of me is tempted to see where you ascertained that, but most of me can't be bothered to go back a page to look for myself.

Lol, you're in luck, it only takes about 30 seconds into the video to draw that conclusion. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, leighdear said:

Well it's pretty obvious that Jeremy dresses to the left.  

OK, well I spent way too much time analyzing the video.  I didn't see much of anything.  ;O

(Hey, Marigold, what did you do today?  Oh, spent a lot of time looking at that Duggar guy...jeremy Vuolo's crotch in a baptism video)

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I feel so unhip that I don't know what this means!

It just means that you can see which side of his pants he parks his "package" on.   And it's actually a tailoring term, for when men are having pants fitted.  

The side they jam their junk in is usually a little wider to accommodate. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 11
On 02/09/2017 at 10:49 AM, Arwen Evenstar said:

During Joy's  wedding reception Jessa asked Jing if she was pregnant 

• Love 1

Hope I'm not too OT, but all this talk of baptism by immersion reminded me of this video by Holy Other (which uses quite a lot of footage of those - 1:05 for example). Love the track too. Makes for powerful visuals, anyway.