Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Definitely not humble. I thought that was a quality they claim to aspire to.

Sadly, in my experience, humility among pastors is a very rare quality indeed. I have a new pastor who's young, visionary, and charismatic, and who's also incredibly down-to-earth. I recently told him I pray every day that he'll keep his humility. 

• Love 8

JereME tweeted that they were safe at home in Laredo and had taken in some friends who evacuated from Corpus Christi. So no, no Christian Duty going on here, just putting up his buddies for a couple of days. Corpus is actually going to get off much more lightly than further north, so his friends can drive home after church tomorrow so they're ready to go back to work on Monday. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

JereME tweeted that they were safe at home in Laredo and had taken in some friends who evacuated from Corpus Christi. So no, no Christian Duty going on here, just putting up his buddies for a couple of days. 

Why does this not surprise me? >:-{

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

JereME tweeted that they were safe at home in Laredo and had taken in some friends who evacuated from Corpus Christi. So no, no Christian Duty going on here, just putting up his buddies for a couple of days. 

Sounds like a frat party. Maybe we will get a picture of his tattoo in a drunken posting session? 

• Love 6

People evacuating a hurricane area before the storm normally go where there are friends & family, or to a hotel.  After the storm, most stay fairly local so they can clean up their property, assess the damage and be there for insurance and emergency services, etc.  

Laredo is too far from Corpus for people to go if they don't already know folks there.  It's a 2 1/2 hour drive, and people just don't go that far unless they plan to stay.  It makes sense for some of their friends to visit, but certainly not "refugees" who don't know them.  And by the looks of their church, it's in no way an appropriate refugee center, even if they wanted to take folks in.  It would need to provide adequate supplies of bedding, food, sanitary services & other things that tiny church just doesn't have. 

They couldn't if they wanted to with the resources they have.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 21
12 hours ago, Marigold said:

PASTOR Jeremy did not mention his flock/church, only HIS friends. 

(I just cannot stand Jeremy. So full of himself.)

"Friends" is a pretty common way to refer to one's congregation/community. I volunteer with an animal rescue, and we refer to our community as our friends even if we can't stand them. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I don't watch these shows anymore and only keep up with them on a few threads here so I have a question. Why is it bad and why are they being criticized for taking in friends during a storm? I sincerely don't understand why this is a bad thing. I would take in friends and I wouldn't take in strangers in most cases, I wouldn't want people I don't know staying in my house, so I don't get why this is wrong. 

Nothing wrong with helping those in need. I think the fact that they can't just do something nice or decent without bragging about it on social media.  I hope they didn't take in strangers, that could have been dangerous. Most people who needed to evacuate had to drive further than 2 and a ha.lf hours just to get away  from the storm to avoid going from ne disaster to another.

Places people from Corpus would typically evacuate to are having it far worse with respect to catastrophic flooding right now.  Laredo this time was a good choice.

• Love 5

I don't see a problem with Jeremy taking in actual friends, or pastors/church staff from Corpus Christie, or members of fellow churches. He's got a famous wife, and no security that we are aware of.    does it matter who he took in as long as he took someone in?  That's x number of people that found refuge. 

• Love 17
38 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I don't see a problem with Jeremy taking in actual friends, or pastors/church staff from Corpus Christie, or members of fellow churches. He's got a famous wife, and no security that we are aware of.    does it matter who he took in as long as he took someone in?  That's x number of people that found refuge. 

I agree, it's great that he took care of his friends, but, no need to brag about it.  It's what most anyone would do.  I must say, I was very impressed to see a story on the news about the large number of AirBNB owners who participate in their disaster program and allow anyone being evacuated who needs a place to stay to come to their house and pay exactly nothing.  Apparently, people all over the area volunteered their homes to strangers in need.

• Love 21

It's nice that Jeremy has friends staying with them. No problem with that. 

It's amusing that Pastor Vuolo never says a darn thing about his church. If you didn't read these forums, you would never realize he is an actual pastor of an actual church.   Texas is in a state of emergency and Pastor Vuolo has his friends staying with him.  (hey, pass me the chips!) Oh, and we are praying for you guys!

I know it's a quick tweet but it's just a pattern with this guy. 

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 10
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

@Marigold, I love that you reserve the emnity that the rest of us share for Derelict and save yours for JereME (Smuggar is on a different plane for all of us, I reckon.)

Hahahaha, @Sew Sumi

I dislike them both but jeremy is so darn pretentious.  Derick is just so crazy I'm not sure he is competent to stand trial! 

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

but would she ever take anyone in who needed help like fire or floods

Not if they weren't the Duggar approved flavor of Christianity.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

but would she ever take anyone in who needed help like fire or floods

I don't think the family would turn away a person who needed immediate shelter from fire or floods, but there's already like 15-20 people living in a three bedroom house. Jinger had her diary stolen by some infiltrator, and someone on FJ used concealed recording devices at their flea market. The mountain of hate mail they've undoubtedly received would also make anyone wary of the general public.  

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

The mountain of hate mail they've undoubtedly received would also make anyone wary of the general public.  

Those poor, poor Duggars.  If they don't want hate mail, get the "F" off of TV & social media. ;)

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

I don't think the family would turn away a person who needed immediate shelter from fire or floods, but there's already like 15-20 people living in a three bedroom house. Jinger had her diary stolen by some infiltrator, and someone on FJ used concealed recording devices at their flea market. The mountain of hate mail they've undoubtedly received would also make anyone wary of the general public.  

Just to clarify, I didn't mean that Jeremy and Jinger should have strangers sleeping on their floor.  Sadly, that is not safe.

Jeremy just bugs me that it is all "me, me, me!!!!"  "we are safe"  "we have friends"  Not one word about his church family? 

Damn, you'd think a minister would sound/look a little professional and not like a self involved teenager. 

• Love 8

I don't have a problem with Jeremy (or anyone) bragging about helping, solely because it's been proven that people are more likely to help those in need if they see/hear about other people doing it. So even if Jeremy is helping 'for the wrong reasons' and bragging for attention, if it encourages some of the people following to do the same, that is a good thing, regardless of his reasons.

Doing good deeds in secret doesn't spur others to follow as much as doing them out loud.

• Love 12

It appears as if he was answering direct Twitter inquiries as to the storm safety of Team Duggalo...although anyone with knowledge of a map should have known that Laredo was pretty safe. And frankly, had he mentioned his church family, he'd have been chastised by many for exploiting them (or the tragedy) to make him look good. They took in evacuees but not the correct ones. Let's be real. They need to just keep doing whatever makes them happy because they'll be eviscerated no matter what.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Believe me the Duggars would never ever open their home.

No room at the inn.

2 hours ago, ariel said:

Not if they weren't the Duggar approved flavor of Christianity.

Wouldn't this be a perfect opportunity to try and "convert" others though?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Dear Jeremy never tires of his own face, does he?  Conceited and then some.

Eh, in his demographic that is the norm. If you saw my instagram you would prolly say the same thing about me. My whole page is either selfies or videos of me lifting and with my friends. lol

• Love 11
2 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

Eh, in his demographic that is the norm. If you saw my instagram you would prolly say the same thing about me. My whole page is either selfies or videos of me lifting and with my friends. lol

You may be right.  My old(er) age is showing.  Plus, I think jocks in general think too highly of themselves.  

Just curious, what are you lifting in the photos?  I had to lift plenty of heavy shit in my working life, and it took its toll, sorry to say.  I should mention that I hated my job.  Being old (and retired) isn't altogether a bad thing! ;)

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

You may be right.  My old(er) age is showing.  Plus, I think jocks in general think too highly of themselves.  

Just curious, what are you lifting in the photos?  I had to lift plenty of heavy shit in my working life, and it took its toll, sorry to say.  I should mention that I hated my job.  Being old (and retired) isn't altogether a bad thing! ;)

Hahaha hey you gotta be confident to be an athlete, that is for sure.  And weights! I love weightlifting. I didn't start lifting until i was 27 and I am so sad I didn't start earlier. All those wasted years! haha

Much different than having to lift at a job, tho. Physical jobs sure do take their toll. enjoy your retirement!! :-) That is the dream!

Back to on topic, I think its nice to see Jeremy doing selfies than picking twitter wars with minors or posting fire and brimstone verses. If  i had to spend an afternoon with any duggars, it woudl be Jinger and Jere hands down. They are actually being somewhat normal with their social media.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

He's made to be Jessa's helpmeet.

Hehe, too bad Ben didn't go for Jin, and then maybe Jeremy would have gone for Jessa?  Or maybe not.

I wonder how much Jessa envies Jin's relative freedom, as compared with hers.  I married an older man myself (5 years) so it may be dear Jessa regrets marrying a teenager?  

S. Elliot and Henry are very cute kids, though.  But if I was in Jessa's shoes, I would be happy with my two boys.  Same goes double (or triple, or quadruple) for Jill.

At least Ben seems onboard with co-parenting.  Derick is just not a helpmate, as far as I can tell.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

Back to on topic, I think its nice to see Jeremy doing selfies than picking twitter wars with minors or posting fire and brimstone verses. If  i had to spend an afternoon with any duggars, it woudl be Jinger and Jere hands down. They are actually being somewhat normal with their social media.

If I had to spend an afternoon with Jerm or Der I'd take Der hands down

Id love to try and get inside Der's head to understand why he is the way he is

An afternoon with Jerm would be as boring as all get out with him talking about himself/his ministry and no one else being able to get a word in 

• Love 3
On August 25, 2017 at 7:02 PM, BitterApple said:

My husband and I enjoy browsing around Barnes and Noble on a lazy Sunday, but I can't imagine telling Mr. Bitter Apple to whip his smart phone out and take pictures of me artfully posed and pensively contemplating the latest James Patterson novel. How do these people take these kinds of pictures and not feel absolutely ridiculous? Maybe I'm just getting old....

Seriously.  They are starting to rival the Kardashians. 

• Love 8

I guess because Jeremy went to college, was a professional athlete, traveled, is a minister of an actual church,  I expect him to be mature and demonstrate some wisdom. 

I have lower standards for Ben & Derick.  

Ben was an inexperienced teen and is still very young although he is trying. Derick has such severe mental health problems and physical problems that I feel he is incompetent. He is just delusional and needs therapy, just to start. 

Jeremy is just so self involved. Probably the minister part is what gets me. 

• Love 7

I have an acquaintance with two young kids who posts LITERALLY EVERY LITTLE THING. I'm talking what her girls had for breakfast, what things they say, bedtime prayers they pray, how many times they per and poop...I had to unfollow her.

Get off my lawn and turn down the racket these youngsters call music.

• Love 14
On 8/27/2017 at 2:16 PM, Genevrier said:

Of course. They needed a new plot device. 

And #20!  

14 hours ago, Totally said:

If I had to spend an afternoon with Jerm or Der I'd take Der hands down

Id love to try and get inside Der's head to understand why he is the way he is

An afternoon with Jerm would be as boring as all get out with him talking about himself/his ministry and no one else being able to get a word in 

I just want to watch him dance.  I can always use a laugh!

• Love 7